>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5936251391.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/5927815922.html
youtube.com/watch?v=p4SnEyHMzcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

do they make sportbikes that are in between a 250 and 600?

Don't cuck yourself.

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5936251391.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/5927815922.html

you think they're made for us thrill seekers or something? they're designed to be maximum commuters for city dwellers.

>big windscreen
>underseat storage
>fuel efficient
>great braking in the wet thanks to two front wheels

Would buy one before a harley, hell it even looks like it turns much better.

I miss the drought, we've had too much rain in LA recently.

How is anything "sporty" below 600cc?

not shown: honda xr400 crossing finish line

they used to.

Is there any advantage to fuel injection vs carb from a maintenance standpoint?

it is a mystery

in 99.5% of cases the fuel injection system on a bike will need no maintenance or attention for the lifespan of the bike.

Get at least a 400. I started on a 650 V twin and did not kill myself on it, still has plenty of power for the highway. If you get a 250-300 you will be selling it soon.

not many 2T sport bikes in america. I was mainly talking about 4T bikes but continue to be a smartass.

see

Conventional wisdom isn't something to laugh at.

oh in that case.

It is a mystery.

Riding position matters a lot less than most people think.

If a Mazda Miata is sporty then bikes under 600 can be sporty.

Plenty sporty. Just add turbo. (And tires/suspension if you like living.)

>ergonomics somehow change once you know how to ride

no such thing as a beginner bike, just those that know how to use common sense and those who don't.

So, I saw Where to Invade Next a little while ago, and the bit about the Ducati motorcycle factory.

These people don't do any fucking work, they're always either taking two hour lunch breaks or spending all of their time getting paid to not work with vacation time.

If these woppers would spend less time beating off in the streets and more time producing capital then we might actually be able to buy one of their bikes for less than $15,000 USD, and they would make more money doing it.

miata is decent after tons of mods. Its a good platform, rather shit stock.

For a beginner, aggressive supersport riding posture is difficuly to deal with on top of all the other things to get used to on a motorcycle. Even with some experience riding I damn near killed myself first ride on a proper supersport, a complete noob is probably better off with something comfy and upright.

Keep telling yourself that.

exactly. Its as if you log a bunch of time riding a bike will shift form and will no longer be uncomfortable for you.

I've driven a NA non-turbo and a NC mazdaspeed. The mazdaspeed was alright but nothing amazing. Feel free to continue the miata circle jerk.

>I damn near killed myself first ride on a proper supersport

The first bike I rode after learning how to make a motorcycle move and stop was a GPZ750 turbo and ran from the cops.

See how anecdotal evidence doesn't work. Just cuz you're a skilless cunt doesn't mean everyone is.

track day bro hoosiers bro

for a first motorcyle, eh, the extreme postures of supersports and cruisers can impair control, or make riding so uncomfortable they hate it and quit or go out and buy a new bike

new riders should get something middle of the road before they decide whether or not they want to be leaned over, completely upright, or reclined

also you should test ride a bike for more than five fucking minutes

But if he's already looking at Ninja 300s, he wants to get into super sports. So how is him achieving his end goal sooner not the desired outcome?

I started on a Honda 250 with little interest in super sports. The bikes I actually liked (BMW F 800, etc) were too expensive.

Ninja twins are for people who want something kind of sporty but actually don't

There are sport tourers that have more aggressive ergonomics

Any idea on getting a hardened caliper slider pin with a stripped head out? I've bathed it in penetrant, smashed it with a hammer, torched it for a sec, then reversed the process but nothing. I wanna try easyouts, but not sure about the hardened aspect.

Sorry everyone.

Start on a 250 because apparently working a twist throttle and keeping revs below 7-9k on a 600cc is too hard along with sitting a little hunched forward.

>I did it so everyone else needs to like it
I'm sorry you find being hunched over taking tyrone in the ass comfortable.

t. didn'tlean

Stop hating on Tyrone

youtube.com/watch?v=p4SnEyHMzcE

funny thing is I don't even own a sport bike ;)

>red one motovlog's
>motovlog's
how? how are people this retarded?

>Even with some experience riding I damn near killed myself first ride on a proper supersport
riding experience isnt a pushbike with training wheels, you shitter

red one's real name is Tyrone

and he's a film student

It's something that almost every rider can agree on, except for all the kids that say dumb shit like
>I started on a GPZ750 turbo and ran from the cops
which we can wholly ignore, since they're trying too hard and make us look bad, whether or not they're telling the truth.

I'm with you in the sense that we can't bubble-wrap everyone, but it's like grabbing a kid by the shoulder before he falls into a Gorilla enclosure.

someone is giving a free bike away on craigslist, says he doesnt know whats wrong with the bike

is it worth it to someone with minimal knowledge about maintenance? i mean i guess it is free so would anyone have any clue on where i would begin to repairing it? pic related

Free is always worth it.

Could be anything.
Could be the idle screw all the way down, could be a bad spark lead, could be a gummed jet, could be terrible compression etc.

Unless you want to tear it all down and find something out of tolerance, cracked, arcing etc etc, it's not worth your time.

That said, you'd prolly learn quite a bit from the experience even if you accomplish nothing.

To add - two strokes are incredibly simple in function. Nothing better to crack open and start with.

I wanted to ask people that actually know stuff about bikes, I have an older (I believe 2001) wr250 that isn't running due to a dirty carb and what I wanted to know is how hard is it to rebuild a carb? could I just buy one for cheap or get someone to rebuild it for me?

Blown or worn piston and bearings

For the user claiming i didn't have an F4i. Try again tard.

Why would anyone even lie about that? F4i's are cheap as shit nowadays.

It's always worth some money in scrap.

/db/t can't seem to agree

>get a big twin!
>you mean an sv650?
>no i mean a GS500
>no you mean an SV650
>the ninja 500 existed?
>G S 5 0 0
>inline-four spots are fine
>you want a street tuned I4, actually, suzuki bandit, CB400 stronk
>no get a VFR800, muh v4, muh gears, reeeeeeeeee
>250 is enough, just buy a bigger bike later
>no, 125cc is perfect. you can't fucking ride. >americans >americans >americans
>okay dude, what you really want dude, is, dude, get this, a drz400, it's like, so easy to ride, and you can like, crash it no problem dude, i crash it every week doing wheelies.
>you meana wr450

I don't see a timestamp.

Its easy, specialy because its only one. Buy a rebuil kit and look on yt for vids on how to do it. Also post boipucci newfriend.

Just get a Goldwing and call it a day.

>timestamp on a bike I don't own anymore.

You're not very smart are you?

Triumph thruxton best beginner bike

>sissy trap beta nu-male hipster cuckold bike

If you like getting brutaly raped by a gang of tyrones bbc every 5 minutes then yes.

>all the "dudes" on the DR-Z line
kek

>wr450, dat maintenance

You want a WR250R.

What's the alfa romeo of bikes?

that's why you just get what bike you like and is in oyur budget. then post it here so DBT can tell you its shit and you picked wrong.

>a handsome alpha male swooped in on a honda CX500 with mile-wide chicken strips and fucked the girl i was crushing on

Enjoy your neckbeardcycle, nerd. I'm sure girls are totally interested in your max lean angle and drag coeffecient.

wr125

there is no such thing as the perfect beginner bike for absolutely everyone as everyone in the world is not the same.

Everybody has an opinion on what people should start on that is usually closely correlated to the bike they started on, based on some fundamental egotism that they're amazing riders (though they usually aren't) and therefore the path they took was right.

Imo the bike isn't as important as the mindset of the rider, and I don't think anybody actually has the knowledge of what's best for an adult to start on because they don't know how they would have turned out had they started on anything different, there's no A and B to compare in this situation, so I just don't comment on beginner appropriate bikes or what I feel people should "start on" anymore.

The only thing I'll say with 100% confidence is the right bike to start on would be some kind of 50cc or under bike when as a kid you're finally big enough to ride something, I would have loved to have started that way.

Good point, I was just wondering what the market would be for a fairly straight parter.

Call me an edgy faggot, but I don't consider many boards on Veeky Forums to be a voice for their respective interests. I mean, my 'rider culture' is shaped by those I've ridden with over the past 15 years, so who am I to judge.

In NZ, the law was that 250cc and under for learners (Including derestricted NSR250's, RGV250's etc. Hell, if nitrous and 20lbs manage to not blow a recently FI converted 250 works, it's legal.), which was lifted after restricted, so only on full were you able to buy whatever you wanted.
This poses two dilemmas;
1. Someone who has totally engraved themselves to the throttle response and 'danger' of a 250 is now set loose to the world of sub 3s tonne pulls, suddenly the stickiest rears wont stop a WOT post-apex sneeze and the magically shrinking braking zone.
2. The new kW/kg LAMS regime allows 15 yearolds to hop on an SV650 and fuck right off into the realm of turbo 100k sports cars, despite it being relatively tame to us seasoned riders.

TL;DR
I know bikes are inherently dangerous and the rider assumed this risk, but I'd hate for statistics to impose on my outlet for speed.

I need to move across country and need to bring my motorcycle with me. My girlfriend will be taking most of our personal items in her car but I need to it my ZX-6R in the back of my car. I think I'll have enough room if I move the front seat all the way forward and lay the back seats down. It's a dodge caliber.

Has anyone ever fit their bike in their car and what should I plan on doing to make this work?

Those tiered licensing systems make no sense. They don't impose those restrictions on cars, why should bikes need them? Bikes pose much less of a danger to other people than cars do.

You haven't mentioned what your car is. I've seen it done with some SUVs.

you should get out a tape measure and see if its mathematically possible before you go any further into this

What paint should one use on an air-cooled engine?

i did say, its a dodge caliber

Oh, you're better off renting a motorcycle trailer at U-Haul.

They do impose restrictions on cars, usually

The problem is they go off the dumbest metrics possible, as politicians are businessmen and lawyers, and only momentarily consult experts in the fields they think they have a right to regulate (and don't really listen when they do). If you made an R/R shitbox with downright deadly handling characteristics and a live axle, a place like ausfalia would allow it as long as it was below a kw/kg threshhold and didn't have a turbo. Perfect beginner car, very safe!

125cc bike with a wheelbase shorter than your dick and a riding posture that borders on upside down? yeah sure go ahead. super heavy cruiser? if it's slow enough, it's good enough to learn on.

powder coat

>a handsome alpha male
Finds other males atractive
Calls others nerd

Im basicly chad, make fun of hipster beta nu-males and fuck stupid hipster girls and treat them like shit. I bet you dont even have a bike.

>i'm basically chad
>i call random people "fags" and have sex with fat homestuck fans i picked up at hot topic

honda riders. when will they ever learn?

If youre really poor you can use grill paint. If you want it to last powder coat but its more expensive.

No idea, depends on places.
I know AUS does P plates, which forbid turbos and (maybe?) above 2.5L or something.

But yeah, I get your point. The problem is that even my first road bike, a GSF250, could only hit 160~km/h gearing limited (And the last 10km/h took some fucking time) but with 0-100km/h dangerously close to a stock BNR32, something needed to be introduced to stop kids from igniting a JATO with wheels.

molten lava

then get a water cooled engine

Stay mad nobike. I bet your just a little fagboi looking for some dick.

Powdercoating is a PITA and really, putting paint on an air-cooled engine is beyond stupid.

Bare with judicious application of silicone spray or nothing.

If you actually ride one of those JATOs with wheels you find out you don't just "ignite" one. You kind of have to do it very deliberately, and getting a good 0-whatever km/mp-h time on a machine without an automatic transmission is actually kind of difficult without any practice.

faggot

*until you get a real bike and can go 60 in first gear

go dump your drzfaghundred gaylord

get a real bike, the yaMANha WomanRavager 250Really heterosxual.

Calamari Race Team taught me that all bikers like penis.

>reddit
>everyone likes penis

sounds about right.

Not exactly a JATO, but something nonetheless unforgiving.

I feel we're two extremes fighting the same argument.

Post boipucci

CBR500R
GS500F
VFR400 if you can get one
RC390
NINJA 300
R3
CBR300/250

he said sportbikes, not scooters

Kinda my point.

Also, getting to 100kmh in first assumes you aren't part of an immovable, inanimate object at 50.

It's the acceleration for newer riders that fucks them over, even 250/500 2 smokers give most riders the jeebies.

Idk, VFR400's are a joy to ride.

>CBR/NINJA/CBR
>Any of these POS singles or parallols a sports bike with shitty components trying to meet a budget criteria, not an image goal

I wish I had one of those because my 800 is great but kinda big and doesn't give me great mileage

would rather ride a scooter than a cbr500r

Then what would you recommend?

I had an SJ125T, literally sucked fumes from a rag.
The only problem was the header would scrape on righthanders before the centrestand on lefts.

Beat most civics to urban speed limits, though. Would recommend. Up to you tho.