/mcg/ - Minecraft General: Fighting the Current Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=18h3NC9Fqcg
docs.google.com/document/d/10KTvWGux80Xs8dnJ8GpL4tR1ASzc3__-zhB5MKjHLfg/edit?usp=sharing
github.com/InterruptingOctopus/TrulyOutrageousGems
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/163521280/#163731374
my.mixtape.moe/pzuohi.jar
github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/blob/1.7.10/src/main/java/net/minecraftforge/common/BiomeDictionary.java
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's lovely looking.

The fucking pigs ruin it though.

What?

If you think that's bad, check out what happened when I added Streams to the TFC serb, removed it because it was causing crashes, and installed Malisis'Doors: youtube.com/watch?v=18h3NC9Fqcg

The lag is caused by over a thousand 1x1x1 block spaces trying to spawn 4x1x5 carriage doors that overlap with each other
Carriage door streams must be white water rapids

>pregenerated a 4000x4000 area
>spent 30 minutes teleporting around the world
>still have no idea where i should start, much less build a base

Speaking of the TFC serb, as someone who's unfamiliar with traincraft: what's stopping me from using minetweaker to add it to the server?

So why RedLogic over Project Red? Sell it to me.

Several minuets later

jej

maybe nothing, so long as you have enough stuff to support it.

also you'd need railcraft to truely make use of trains

>not having trains just for satisfaction and aesthetics

Why would he need railcraft?

Railcraft contains a lot of the utility features, signals, loaders, etc. for a railline, traincraft is just the trains.

>Might as well add Rotacrycraft because the turbine or something looks pretty.

Is hating railcraft a thing on /mcg/? I could never hate it, it does what it's supposed to and it does it well.

That's encouraging to hear

Good news, railcraft is the first major mod I ever added to the server. There's a long distance rail system on the serb leading to about 5-ish different biomes for players who don't like the one they start off in, and to help players spread out over larger distances to help them collect resources without depleting them in one central area, play like hermits if they want to, and so on

Not gonna lie, that sounds like something I'd do

Oh cool

I don't know what railcraft does I meant, I always get distracted by hoarding resources and never get around to even using rail or traincraft because I can just make a big hole in the ground in one spot and get all the resources I will ever need

I have been trying to fix that particular issue because my laziness won't let me make trains when I can just expand my pit but haven't really found a way to do so

RedLogic doesn't force you to go through up to 5 adfly links.
RedLogic is made by based Immibis, probably the only mod developer who is an actual, functional adult in this community (as far as I know anyway).
RedLogic doesn't come with bloat.

>1.10's Railcraft is barebones
CovertJaguar has always been taking his time with updates, even the 1.7 Railcraft release took ages back in 2014.
>no Project: Red
Super Circuit Maker should hopefully add in wiring, and lamps will probably come fairly soon; what else from Project: Red (no, not RP2) do you want?
>Carpenter's Blocks
True. ArchitectureCraft is a good way to cope, I suppose.
>BuildCraft
It's coming (big rewrite) and alphas already exist if you compile them from the repository.
>Forestry's in alpha
It's been in alpha for the past year while continuously making releases, being used in large modpacks and having pretty much all of the 1.7.10 version's content and more.

Add Traincraft to replace the exploding rail system.
>Falling for contrary fags b8s
>Not gonna lie, that sounds like something I'd do
thats something I have done before
Well Railcraft has more functions like some coke ovens, steam, nice decoration blocks and such so you dont even have to mess with rail stuff.... unless you are trying to mess with Traincraft, limit yourself a purpose for the trains like treefarm and quarry far from the base so you dont have those problems.

>the only mod developer
Nah. There's many of them, it's just that modders who are actual, functional adults don't tend to end up on the frontlines of /r/feedthebeast or /mcg/'s weekly dramafest.

>RedLogic doesn't force you to go through up to 5 adfly links.
It is a bit of a pain to update but it's not like you have to do it regularly. Seems like such a non-issue.

>RedLogic is made by based Immibis, probably the only mod developer who is an actual, functional adult in this community (as far as I know anyway).
I don't really care about the personal details about the modder. If he can make the mod good regardless of his age, it doesn't matter. A good mod is a good mod.

>RedLogic doesn't come with bloat.
Neither does PR. PR is split up into whatever modules you need and you just download them.

Name 3.141592653.

>Falling for contrary fags b8s
You never know with some people.

As well as what said, the tracks that railcraft adds are some of the best shit I've ever seen in a mod. They give you so much control and if you ever need to build a railway system without the needless design obstacles that vanilla would throw your way, it's pretty essential.

>I don't really care about the personal details about the modder.
Keep in mind that Project: Red, until the 1.6.2 FMP rewrite, was a fork of RedLogic without honoring immibis's license. This can be verified easily by comparing the source code trees. This has also never been truly addressed, primarily because immibis himself doesn't really care.

That's a very irrational request.

Any mod that only adds rf wires and nothing more? ic2 clangs wiith some machines, magneticraft doesnt have rf compat and the only thing left is BC and shitty IE wires.

see for most reasons
but that user forgot the most important reason: RedLogic doesn't require Microblocks.

If that doesn't make you drop everything to replace the mod, then you should just uninstall Minecraft and invest in a noose.

Also, RedLogic allows you to program your own circuits and turn them into a single block, as if the wiring were done in a pocket dimension within that block. Don't remember if Project Red does that, but it's probably my favorite feature.

>volcanoes
>not bloat
k m8

Does traincraft add its own version of high speed rails? If so I'll replace the explodey ones with the TC ones

There's plenty on 1.8+.

With BuildCraft, you can install just Core+Transport and disable non-power pipes (though you need the item variants to craft them).

>CovertJaguar has always been taking his time with updates, even the 1.7 Railcraft release took ages back in 2014.
Yeah but until then. RC still isn't really 1.10 yet.

>Super Circuit Maker should hopefully add in wiring, and lamps will probably come fairly soon; what else from Project: Red (no, not RP2) do you want?
It doesn't have that yet though. I'm really talking about rushing ahead to 1.10 as opposed to sticking with the more solid base of 1.7.10 until the good mods make the jump.

>Forestry
The main reason I brought that up is for a dependent sub-mod called Binnie's Mods that lets you combine 2 different types of wood, glass and ceramic to make patterned blocks and mixed fences. Buildfags like me love that shit.

The best part about that feature is that it actually compiles your circuit down to Java bytecode with the specific bit operations happening, which makes its execution insanely efficient compared to just ticking the world.

Tried BC ones and loved them, they look kinda ugly for power transport but they work great. I think what was putting me off that option is how tedious (but fun) is to setup pipes systems, especially with having to power them to work and such.

>tfw i like microblocks
(´・ω・`)

>I'm really talking about rushing ahead to 1.10 as opposed to sticking with the more solid base of 1.7.10 until the good mods make the jump.
That's alright!
>The main reason I brought that up is for a dependent sub-mod called Binnie's Mods that lets you combine 2 different types of wood, glass and ceramic to make patterned blocks and mixed fences. Buildfags like me love that shit.
A friend, marcin212 has worked on porting that to 1.10 with mezz, but he doesn't have much time anymore; he's been trying to get me to help out, especially with the patterned blocks as I know how to work with 1.8+ rendering fairly well, but I am too busy with other projects. Sorry.

>RedLogic doesn't require Microblocks.
I like microblocks. Why does everyone hate them?

>Also, RedLogic allows you to program your own circuits and turn them into a single block, as if the wiring were done in a pocket dimension within that block. Don't remember if Project Red does that, but it's probably my favorite feature.
PR does that too. Been in there for years now.

>volcanoes
You can disable them in the config.

Microblocks are an unoptimized nightmare.

Microblocks are cancer for performance, and any block interactions involving them are always risky since they're so fucking crash-prone.
Some people also hate them because they prevent you from using your imagination to get around restrictions, but that's subjective.

gem user from a thread or two ago, here to give you the full idea of a gem mod
docs.google.com/document/d/10KTvWGux80Xs8dnJ8GpL4tR1ASzc3__-zhB5MKjHLfg/edit?usp=sharing

and this is the repository for what me and a fellow user from the final days of hobo got so far
github.com/InterruptingOctopus/TrulyOutrageousGems

Okay, good points.

>Some people also hate them because they prevent you from using your imagination to get around restrictions, but that's subjective.
This is a recurring problem with modding in general. I just wish the base game had a better "tech tree" system so that OP features that encourage laziness and lack of creativity were pushed back further along the progress of the game so that you'll still build with challenges imposed on you but then sometime later appreciate having higher tier features that change things up a bit.

Remember who develops the base game
You don't want them to do anything

Sounds good. I didn't see your other posts but are people still working on it?

1st floor - Sorting and Storage. Everything put into that IE crate get's put either the autism wall in the back or into one of the chests via Ender IO conduits and mod filters.

>see picture of mezz on twitter
>looks exactly like the lex cock gobbler that he comes across as

currently its just me and a pal, but we've both been pretty swamped, he goes to college, i got to work, honestly i dont really know much about coding but i lay down some ground work with what i can learn, make the assets for whats needed, he patches up any bugs and repeat
in all honesty i could use a bit more help in the coding department. currently we were trying to make the block and ores be metadata blocks to save more space and time. if anyone wants to take a look, i feel welcome.
the current road block for me is trying to make an animateable clam to texture and import. qubble got me a bit farther but the way it does textures agrivates me, and mr crayfish's modeler is user friendly but pretty bare bones. however i got a bit of experience in 3ds max and am planing to remake the clam there

2nd floor - Grinding, Smelting and Ender Chest depot. Have things jiggered so I can just plug an IE crate full of shit onto the back of most of the grinders/smelters and just let it go crazy. Everything gets filtered into the storage drawers on the 1st floor. Ender Chest also feeds into drawer and mod-specific chests.

Sometimes, I seriously consider making a million reddit sockpuppets to harass the fuck out of all the forge team and all the cancerous modders.

but that involves using reddit.

Sounds like I missed out on some drama over at Forge. What happened?

Nothing, that post just really made me think.

I wouldn't mind so much if chisels and bits could do it easily and without all the other problems that would lead to.

post pictures that really make you autism

Is that the city from Kill la Kill? Or Temen-ni-gru?

Does anyone do custom Survival Worlds like Jeracraft USED to do? He made some ballin shit way back when and I liked using his worlds in mod packs because they were a blank canvas.

To people with non-toasters:
Can you tell based on performance if Microblocks are present in your pack?

Just wondering why a lot of people dislike them since you can hide them with NEI.

hiding them with NEI means nothing you retard, anything that uses FMP rendering is laggy as fuck.
Mek cables, magneticraft stuff, projectRed stuff.

But does that really matter on a decent PC or does the laggyness end up fucking things for everyone in the long run (say end-game with large bases and ore-processing setups)?

Yes, it's not that kind of lag that just throwing more resources at will fix.

then I have to sadly fucking remove magneticraft.

Why have lag if you could NOT have lag? Just ditch the bloat, bro.

It's not bad enough to remove magneticraft, also didn't asie or someone link a FMP-less version of magneticraft last thread?
You'd still need the patcher to fix bugs.

>need more gold to make tech
>tired of strip mining
>tfw I remember zombie pigmen drop nuggets

>also didn't asie or someone link a FMP-less version of magneticraft last thread?
nope

Yes, that or the thread before it.
It was for asie's little mod convention.

I found a post that confirms it's existence, but fuck if I know where to find the actual fork

found the post, finally:
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/163521280/#163731374
my.mixtape.moe/pzuohi.jar

that's the one, though I think you have to add recipes for a few things using MT

Can't we just change the whole base game altogether? :P

I have 7700K ES and a quad-SLI setup with 4x TITAN X
As soon as I place any FMP compatible TE I struggle to hit 30 fps

Microsoft already is. It's the Windows 10 version.

I wish Witchery guards wouldn't attack GoG mobs... D:

good riddance

GoG mobs are all pretty qt, lad. one of the few mods I like for mobs because they combine my latent weeaboo sensibilities with actually ok-tier balance and usefulness

>ok-tier balance
>usefulness
are you high
>pretty qt
oh wait no you're just autistic

actually drunk lad

the health berries are nice to have, and I remember the werecats dropping some ok shit. y u so salty

2 spinxes, 2 anubises, and endless cockatrices circling the tree house i made to get some distance from them.
and i wasnt even in a desert.
GoG was a mistake.
and i wasnt even on a desert

legit, I forgot those existed
I was ambushed by four of those chicken niggers and then a fucking sphinx, and that's what made me learn how to tweak configs. COCKATRICE A SHIT

cant really tweak the configs on a smp without sucking the owner's cock

Traincraft itself is kinda faster so no need for that, of course instead of boost tracks you have to design a really fast train if thats right

>asks for a works on my computer case
It does, fps goes downs a bit after placed but then gets to normal.

>a white male looked at me today while I was out stealing grass blocks, literally shaking rn

tfw no one answers your question

How much memory should a normal modpack be consuming and how can I reduce that amount?

>satyr girls
What mod?

Depends on how many mods, but around 1.5 gb passively is normal for a pretty big kitchen sink.
>avoid installing mods with mem leaks
>avoid doing complex shit
>doing things in more than one chunk
>not using tons of chunk loaders
>lessening the amount of mods
>using optimization mods
>making your own pack

>around 1.5 gb passively is normal for a pretty big kitchen sink
Okay good.

I was looking at vanilla using like 200mb passively, and then my instance using 1.5gb and I thought something had gone horribly wrong.

Are there any good mods for making aesthetic farms? Maybe ones that require alternative methods of growing the crops rather than just tilling the soil and dropping the seeds, like needing to make rice fields, or trellises for climbing vines or stuff like that?

>agricraft
>garden stuff
>growthcraft
there are the farming aesthetic mods I think, there isn't much specifically for what you want.
Growthcraft has some sort of alternate farming methods.
Forestry has automated farms that aren't just you're standard bog down a thing and forget about it, they're funish.

What about the weaboo mods like Apple&Milk&Tea2, BambooMod and Maple Tree Mod? Are any of those worth getting?

I completely forgot about them.
Yes, they definitely are. Very good for weeb and comfyness
Haven't used maple tree yet, but pretty sure by the same guy, which means it's probably good.

Is the biometags forge uses for the vanilla biomes documented anywhere? Or can I get it in game somehow?

Is there anything I need to do with downloading MapleTree or Bamboo? AMT has a download page on Curse, but I can't read moonspeak for installing the other two.

Poke around the nip page for them until you find a download button.
Or learn moon.

github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/blob/1.7.10/src/main/java/net/minecraftforge/common/BiomeDictionary.java

Maybe NEI has a "biome dump" feature. I haven't checked.

(You)'re both disgusting

Grimoire of Gaia

I feel like this captcha is pro-Trump

Check out growthcraft for sure.

>tfw ground level is too low to build pic related

It goes to shit

Not having a toaster means you get to place some of them before turning Minecraft into a powerpoint

Only exception is Chisel&Bits, that mod is glorious

good luck user, i have faith in you!

do you have anything planned for the ore dictionary? i'm sure most of us would be glad to get rid of BoP's useless gems one way or another

Them simply being installed doesn't tank your fps, don't spread misinformation. It totally depends how many microblocks are present in a given area. That being said, I wouldn't feel confident doing a full build with them.