So I kinda want pic related, but don't have the budget. What alternatives are there in Europe, if you want:

So I kinda want pic related, but don't have the budget. What alternatives are there in Europe, if you want:
>Hot hatch
>5K EUR budget
>Turbo
>150+ hp
>Below 1100kg kerb weight
>Preferably B-segment (Supermini)

Other urls found in this thread:

autowereld.nl/ford/focus/2-5-20v-st-sportstoelen-sportonderstel-225pk-20944688/details.html
atm-chiptuning.com/chiptuning/renault-clio-rs-20i-16v-172pk/
ziptuning.nl/Chiptuning/Renault-Clio-2.0-16V-172-pk-II-PH3-car-7467.html#header
unlimitedtuning.nl/chiptuning-renault-clio-2-0-rs-172-pk.html
marktplaats.nl/z/auto-s/fiat/grande-punto-punto-punto-evo-151-200-pk.html?categoryId=111&attributes=S,772 S,759 S,779 N,182&sortBy=price&sortOrder=increasing
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=236365814
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get a Skoda Fabia and put a stupid turbo on it.

Only one good answer: Opel Corsa OPC.

Suggestions I've already gotten:

>Early run Cooper S
Only the second gen (R56) Cooper S were turbo. They start at 7K here, and they're over 1100kg.
>Megane R
C segment, starting at 8K for any reasonable mileage, and too heavy.
>Polo
Only Mk4 GTI's came with a manual turbo, and they're about 7K for a decent one.
>Fabia
Only available with a 1.4 TFSI with a mandatory DCT.
>MiTo/Punto
Starting 7K for a 1.4T-Jet, and 10K for a QV. Close to 1200kg.
>Corsa GSi/OPC
Starting 7K, but with half of them being 192hp OPC's - which is more than the MiTo QV. Also close to 1200kg

>Ibiza
Hits all of the marks, but 90% are (predictably) owned by boyracers. Are there any alternatives, or should I just patiently start looking for a decent one?

Allow me to clarify
>Hot hatch
>Manual
>5K EUR budget
>Factory turbo
>Factory rated of at least 150 hp

Sadly, it's too heavy, and ~2K out of budget.

>Fabia
>Polo
>Ibiza
Don't. It's the trash new VW engines.

>MiTo/Punto
Also bad, those cars tend to break a lot.

The rest is okay.

Used Focus ST. It's so fucking obvious.

>It's the trash new VW engines.
I was looking for something with the old 1.8 20vT, which is pretty stout and can take a beating.

>The rest is okay.
Nope, either out of budget or too heavy.

This is the cheapest one I could find without our equivalent of a salvage title (or a dubious 280hp tune on it).
autowereld.nl/ford/focus/2-5-20v-st-sportstoelen-sportonderstel-225pk-20944688/details.html
>8K (3K over budget)
>C-segment (not B)
>1292kg kerb weight (192kg too heavy)

>I was looking for something with the old 1.8 20vT, which is pretty stout and can take a beating.
Avoid all the TSI, TFSI, FSI or whatever they call them. They tend to die quickly and are extremely costly in service.
They literally have fucking DPFs in petrol engines.

Clio 2 RS. Should fit all your requirements except being turbo and mayyybe weight.

Clio fits everything including weight - according to our DMV, it weighs 1010kg dry (which is what we pay taxes on, so that's the relevant figure). However, I'm really looking for a turbo because muh gains.

Can confirm that the Clio is fun as fuck to drive. It accelerates very quickly and is grippy as hell. Also the engine is not that bad.

Fuck turbo. N/a all the way

The ST wouldn't have satisfied this condition

They don't.

I really dig the Clio, especially at it's pricepoint, but I really want a turbo car. Looking around for some ECU tuners, a Clio can expect to get about a 15hp boost and about 20Nm, which would cost anywhere between 300 and 600 euros.

Meanwhile, a 20vT will get 30-40hp, and a whopping 80-90Nm. Both engines will be making ~200hp, but the turbo wll make 300Nm. And that's just ECU tuning - hardware upgrades will only make that power gap bigger.

According to the RDW (Dutch DMV), they weight 1063kg dry, without passengers (pic related). This weight is all that matters to me, because our road tax goes per kg of this exact weight. This is why I don't want a car above 1200kg, it'll become exponentially more expensive, taxwise.

>ctrl+f
>mitsubishi colt czt 1.5 turbo
> 0 matches

there you have it. Can easily be chipped to 200 bhp. 0-100 in under 8 seconds, barely though. Not as sharp, nimble or fast through the corners as the previously named competitors, but not bad either. Hence the price.

Dead reliable too.

Their actual weight is in the region of 1160kg. Trust me I have driven one, you can feel the weight and the car itself feels too big. The ST is overrated

Get a Clio II RS.

>Clio can expect to get about a 15hp boost
Not just on an ECU tune on the F4R. You'd need to spend more cash on engine parts to see 15hp. People spend £3k on ITBs, cams ectect just to scrape 220hp

That ticks every single box, thank you (even weighs less than the ST, at 1045kg dry). I bought my grandpa a 1.3 automatic (he's got a bad leg), so I wonder why I didn't think of a 1.5T model for myself. They even built them in my country, so the prices are pretty low. Hell, the factory is less than 10 miles from my home.

Too bad Ill probably have to settle for a pre-facelift 3 door, I really like the newer model's front end. It's kinda like a baby Lancer.

I know, but the dry weight matters because taxes. I think anything below 1200kg kerb weight, with more than 150hp (before tuning) is plenty for me anyways.

>didn't even read the thread
>didn't even properly read the OP

I think 15hp is pretty reasonable.
atm-chiptuning.com/chiptuning/renault-clio-rs-20i-16v-172pk/
ziptuning.nl/Chiptuning/Renault-Clio-2.0-16V-172-pk-II-PH3-car-7467.html#header
unlimitedtuning.nl/chiptuning-renault-clio-2-0-rs-172-pk.html

>Punto TJet
>break a lot
meme spouting retard (aka Amerifat) detected

Don't bother with the one for €3000 on autotrack. I'm going down there to buy it tomorrow. :-)

Good luck!

How much do EG3's run over there?

I guess specifically the EG6/VTi seems to fit your reqs.

Read >>Factory turbo
So no Civics.

They don't, impossible to get.

Golf

Every civic in here is fartcanned and riced to death
>muffler delete
>cat delete
>exhaust header delete
>wheels delete
>driver brain delete

>Golf GTI Mk.4 (1.8 20vT)
>1220kg (1100kg max)
>C-segment (not B-segment)
Too heavy and too big.

these are all cars in B-segment
look up yourself which fit your retarded requirements

i would take mazda, vw or suzuki
stay away from frensh cars

Get a 205 on meh condition then(and repair shit yourself)

>16417576
forgot pic

Answer is Renault 5 Tarbo.

Good luck finding one of those for 5k.

MG ZR 160 VVC. Not sure how common they are in mainland Europe though. They have an absolutely superb chassis that handles very well.

>Hot hatch
Check
>5k EUR budget
Not sure about EU prices, but in the UK they're well under that
>Tarbo
Can easily be swapped with a turbo K-series engine within your budget
It's right about 1100kg
Check

If you want to go full madman, a Twingo with a 1.4T from a 5(GT) Turbo or some other Renault from that era, or even the 1.7T found in certain Volvos like the 480.

>What alternatives are there
you buy an old hot hatch and mod it. stupid, but possible.

I'd like all of you to read >>Factory turbo
>>Factory rating of at least 150 hp
Thank you very much.

>Retarded requirements
That's just, like, your opinion man.

>stay away from frensh cars
Found the wehraboo.

Anyways, I've marked everything you suggested without a turbo red, because you lack reading comprehension apparently. Which leaves us with:
>Punto & Starlet: less than 150hp
>Mk4 Polo GTI: too expensive to fit in my budget
And the Ibiza Cupra. Which, if you had read the thread before posting, was already suggested quite a few times.

I would like you to stop being a drooling retard. Fuck off.

>Volvo 480
Within kerb weight, prices are low - but 120hp out of a 1.7 turbo? How?

>Clearly stated things a car must adhere to
>''Lol let's not read this shit''
>Get BTFO
>''Let's call him a drooling retard''
Great way to start your day.

Apparently they're really easy to get a lot more power out of.
They do have their issues though.

>Punto
>less than 150
nigga just get an Abarth
180 hp

If you can find me a 150hp Punto Abarth here for less than 5K, I'm golden.
marktplaats.nl/z/auto-s/fiat/grande-punto-punto-punto-evo-151-200-pk.html?categoryId=111&attributes=S,772 S,759 S,779 N,182&sortBy=price&sortOrder=increasing

Untill then happens, no.

>>stay away from frensh cars
>Found the wehraboo.
hav fun fixing shit 300 day/year and not being able to sell it
working part time at a stealership and the woner fucking hates them because every fucking frensh car he sells breaks up within 1 year and he has to fix it because of mandatory 1 year warranty for buisnesses here in germany
and nobody buys them, they stand on the lot for months
he avoids them like nothing else

>Anyways, I've marked everything you suggested without a turbo red, because you lack reading comprehension apparently. Which leaves us with:

i never implied that they all had a turbo, i just said that these are all cars from b-segment you lack reading comprehension

besides that why the fuck do you want a turbo? why not a non turbo if it makes about same hp?
Like you see the ONLY car fits your requirements is the seat ibiza, you marked all other b-segment cars red

>hav fun fixing shit 300 day/year and not being able to sell it
Dad was a Peugeot mechanic, I'd be fine. They're not inherently unreliable, it's just that Germans always say they are because they aren't Germany-tier reliable.

>i never implied that they all had a turbo
So you should've read the thread, which clearly specifies a turbo.

>besides that why the fuck do you want a turbo?
Because turbo cars are easily improved with some ECU tuning. If you're working in the industry, you should know this.

>why not a non turbo if it makes about same hp?
Because >Looking around for some ECU tuners, a Clio can expect to get about a 15hp boost and about 20Nm, which would cost anywhere between 300 and 600 euros.
>Meanwhile, a 20vT will get 30-40hp, and a whopping 80-90Nm. Both engines will be making ~200hp, but the turbo wll make 300Nm. And that's just ECU tuning - hardware upgrades will only make that power gap bigger.
N/a engines don't get the gains turbo engines do.

The only car that seems to fir my requirements is the Ibiza, and Colt CZT. I'm trying to figure out if there's any other options.

>206 s16
>207 rc
>106 s16
>106 rally
>twingo rs

except he didn't. OP is a raging poorfag retard and a faggot as usual. go suck hobo dicks, maybe you can afford a base fiesta in a year.

s16
s16
rally
>>twingo rs
No turbo.

rc
1227kg kerb weight, so too heavy. Also, starting at 7K here.

Just buy something you like and turbo it yourself you fuckhead.
Mk2 Golf with a 1.8T swap will do the job.

Apart from the fact that I asked for a factory turbo setup (), I don't think it's possible to pull off a complete 1.8T swap on an early Golf (or Mk1 Caddy!), and make it legal within that 5K budget. That's Europe for ya.

Dutch inspections aren't too hard to pass with a modded/swapped car, I know someone who put (I think) a 1.6 16v into a Daihatsu Charade and had it perfectly road legal.

Swift sport

i know it doesn't reach all your requirements, but i'd say it's fun enough to look into a little bit

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=236365814

I know it's possible - I've got an uncle with a 1.8 n/a 20V Mk2 Golf convertible, and a Kadett GSi with a 2.0 DOHC. Neither are stock, and it's completely possible to get them registered. However, I'd be doing this on a small-ish budget, and the RDW (Dutch DMV) is kinda annoying when it comes to swapping cilinder count (I4 to VR6 for example) or adding boost.
Hiding a tuned setup on an already-boosted car is a lot easier than it is to hide a turbo or extra cilinder that doesn't belong there according to Johnny Law.

Not enough power, and not boosted. I've got better options - although I have to admit that driving one was a lot of fun.

3.3K, yet it needs
>half an interior
>dash rebuild
>intercooler
>radiator
>clutch actuator
>throttle
And then importing it into the Netherlands, and trying to explain to the DMV that everything here has been done legally and professionally. Which I can't, because I won't have documentation that that's the case.

It's not our problem if you're starting out with an unrealistic set of conditions. even tried to accomodate the turbo requirement since putting the Rover75/MG ZT 1.8 turbo engine into the ZR is a very common and straightforward swap, considering they're the same k-series engine.

Maybe if you can't afford what you want, you should consider saving up some more money.

Don't buy Turbo, buy a Clio 182 Cup, (or the 09-12 200 Cup)
Both cars run the same engine, so you can easy get 200hp from the 182. Also it revs to 7.5k, opposed to the 6.5k in the Fiesta.
If you really want a Turbo, the Megane uses the F4Rt which is somewhat easily swappable into the Clio as far as engine swaps go, but again only revs to 6.5k.
I've driven the Clio III 200 Cup, Fiesta ST, Corsa E VXR, Abarth 595, 208 GTI and EP3 Civic Type-R and honestly, the Clio outshines the rest by so much. It's a much more solid platform, and the engine response and everything is miles better. The EP3 Type-R is finished second in my rankings, then the Abarth and then the Fiesta, which left a lot more to be desired. The Corsa and 208 aren't even worth mentioning.

>Hurr I want a turbo so I can get more power
Why the fuck are you even looking at a hot hatch? Hot hatches are not about the power at all. They're about handling and fun, and being able to batter a 320d from the lights.
and everyone else that has suggested it have it right, the Clio is the best out there.