Underrated Cars

>Cheap because Hyundai
>V6 engine in car that doesn't weigh much
>Looks good for what it is
>2004 special edition has 6 speed manual

Based Hyundai Tiburon GT V6.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kMgKX8oociA
lespac.com/ste-catherine/vehicules-autos/2012-hyundai-accent-gl-manuelle-a-c-cruise-tps-et-transit-inclus_41649477D0.jsa?searchCriteria=L3NlYXJjaC9yZXN1bHRzLmpzYT9sPTEmYT1hY2NlbnQmaT0xJmRoPTAmaz0xJmU9NDUuNzgzMzMmZj0tNzQmaD0xJmc9MjM5NTMmdz15ZWFyJnQ9MjAxMiZqPTI&navigationInfo=YT0wJmI9NDcwJmM9NDIxMjA1MDlTNDAxMTQwNjJTNDE5NzM1NTZTNDE2NTkxMzVTNDA1NzgwNzdTNDA1MjMyNDJTNDE2NDk0NzdTNDE3OTk2MjdTNDIwNzQ3NThTNDA2NjM4MjQmZD0w&requester=SCH
monkeywrenchracing.com/product-category/celica/celicahondakseriesswap/
youtube.com/watch?v=Gv8vCc8y-eg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't this ugly thing fwd?

Yes, but if you're on a budget and don't mind understeering like a bitch it's pretty good.

>sonata with a bodykit
>cheap interior
>meh gas mileage

I suppose so

I test drove one for my sister once. True, the clutch was gone, but it was pretty awful. No power, numb. The interior was the worst though - cheap and uncomfortable.

only good thing about the tiburon is that v6 has a nice sound with the two exhaust

but its a piece of shit my fucking saturn is faster

Honda Prelude (non base model)

Interior is very very comfy with lots of room for driver and passenger (not much for the back seats though)

tons of features too like heated seats and climate control plus leather

little understeer thanks to ATTS

plus it has oomf, a nice exhaust note and awesome reliability

I wanted an prelude.
Almost bought it.
Then I remembered to ask "so this is rear wheel drive, right?"
I literaly walked away without even a test drive.

is the new genesis coupe any good
would you pay 11k euroburgers for a second hand 2014 one?

>is the new genesis coupe any good
no. There was a lot of hype around it when it first came out but now we all realize it's crap. It's ugly, compromised, unreliable, and has no aftermarket support.

The only one that's even slightly worthwile is the 350hp V6 model with an LSD.
And even then the shifter, steering and ride suck.

A Mustang, Camaro, 350/370Z or even an S2000 or Boxster are much better overall packages for 11k.

Even though it's kinda ugly, the Celica GTS with that high revving engine is actually pretty good and it's 180hp.

This one if I don't keep on forgetting pics.

Oh oh since we're on the topic of celicas, I'm interested in the generation before the pic you gave( the Supra body style kinda). Is it reliable? Is it okay? I want a winter car but a fun one. Something that's under 5k as well.
>inb4 Honda
Fuck Honda.

Yeah the 2.2 was really reliable, that crazy ass scotty kilmer has one in his youtube videos and it still runs even though it's old as fuck.

Wicked shit thanks user

>2.7l
>170hp

What the fuck man, my shitbox MG makes 180 from 2.5

>tfw your grandmas Accord makes only 10hp less and gets 34mpg

If you want budget FWD why not get a 4-cylinder Lancer or Celica?

I've daily driven a FWD V6 in the past, and it had lots of understeer.

>My 1.8 4 cylinder Celica has more HP and twice the MPGs than that unreliable V6 turd

I drove my moms Sonata GLS V6 forever before I had a car, definitely would not recommend slamming on the gas in a turn with 230 lbs of tork.

Slow. Slow and poorly balanced. There is nothing redeemable about the tiberon.

There are two hyundai's worth buying: A bare bones accent so you get a fuel sipping, long warrenty winter beater. Or a bare bones Genesis coupe R-Spec so you can play with 370z's and still take the baby to the grocery store. Even both those choices are suspect given the competition.

A fucking Tiberon? Jesus christ.

This fag in high school that was dating the chick I wanted drove one of those shit boxes. Hate the damn thing.

TURUDUNDUNDUN
TURUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUN
TO THE WINDOOOOW TO THE WALL
TO THE BLELBELEKTITOTE ALLLSSSSS
HATTJHEJRRJEJRL ZAAAALS

point being: this car made me think of NFSU

That will never be underrated

It's a piece of shit

youtube.com/watch?v=kMgKX8oociA

>A bare bones accent so you get a fuel sipping, long warrenty winter beater
You're better off buying a 7th gen accord or other old honda, cheap as hell beater to run and fix even for a poor fuck like me

>NFSU
My nigga.

I got the same car and I get 27-28 at best, usually around 25 the way I drive

About the same HP as the same generation mustang and camaro

>Cheap because Hyundai
>+40mpg
>duel clutch
>doesn't look like designed by committee of geriatrics

This is now a Hyundai thread. Their entire lineup is underrated.

BMW 135i is completely underrated in my opinion. It's cheap, widely available, easy to mod, and offers great performance stock.

>god tier turbo inline 6
>30mpg
>6 speed manual or 7 speed auto
>reported sub 5s 0-60
>13.3 quarter mile

>This is now a Hyundai thread
Aight then, I must say that reliability is way up on Hyundais in the past few years,we're at a point where it runs and runs if you just oil the fucker, apart from a leaky valve cover on the V6 which is chronic, I've never had it fuck up.

>Unreliable
>Poor build quality
>Slow as fuck
>lmao FWD

How in the world is that underrated? Being cheap because it's garbage and having an 6MT makes a not shit car good?

>
What's this, some limited run special edition SVT?

BADDA-DUM-DUM-DUM

first gen RS

I have a rio5 2009 5spd that is the same car as a accent (only 1940$usd in 2014 in Canada), with lite mod. it accelerated as fast as a based BMW automatic. One time i run this car for 25min. without water pump belt without causing any damage to the engine(by error). Hyundai-kia(2006 or better) is as good as a Toyota or Honda anyday. I would not trust only 38k on 2009 car the mileage is rigged. If you are willing to come get a car in Canada they are inexpensive, an example lespac.com/ste-catherine/vehicules-autos/2012-hyundai-accent-gl-manuelle-a-c-cruise-tps-et-transit-inclus_41649477D0.jsa?searchCriteria=L3NlYXJjaC9yZXN1bHRzLmpzYT9sPTEmYT1hY2NlbnQmaT0xJmRoPTAmaz0xJmU9NDUuNzgzMzMmZj0tNzQmaD0xJmc9MjM5NTMmdz15ZWFyJnQ9MjAxMiZqPTI&navigationInfo=YT0wJmI9NDcwJmM9NDIxMjA1MDlTNDAxMTQwNjJTNDE5NzM1NTZTNDE2NTkxMzVTNDA1NzgwNzdTNDA1MjMyNDJTNDE2NDk0NzdTNDE3OTk2MjdTNDIwNzQ3NThTNDA2NjM4MjQmZD0w&requester=SCH

>the mileage is rigged
I didn't know DJT was into buying cars.

also never played that game, UG2 was my game

I made a thread a few days ago about getting a 2014 veloster turbo. They wanted 15k for one with 20k mileage.

Really interested since my Charger is starting to see its limits.

>never see these
>never hear anyone mention them
>V8 RWD torque for days
>finally a Holden in the states

>IMG_0132
Nice car if yours.

How does Hyundai get away with blatantly copying popular car designs?

replacement parts are a pain in the ass though

friend has one, feels quick and torquey even down low

mpg's leave something to be desired but for a turbo that only gets 200hp its surprisingly fast

Doesn't seem too bad for the price/mileage. And you'll want the turbo for extra cred with Veeky Forums over the base engine, though you'll still lose red light drags with Ecoboost Stangs....

It's a decent warm hatch. Nothing serious has gone wrong with mine 30k miles in except software issues with the infotainment and the trunk latch needing to be replaced.

Meanwhile you have FiST and FoST owners needing tranny replacements after 50k miles.

4th gen 263hp v6 ~$5k

Meh, I'd rather have 280 hp and go drifting with seats for 5 for not much more cash.

did u really just say v6 like it was a good thing

V6 > v8

wait lemme contribute

> Muh V6 is better than V8
> Proceeds to compare cars

I'd rather have a V6 than a miata that sounds like a blender.

>fake lap times

stay btfo

>M-MUH MIATA
Jesus christ, are you really going to project this hard?

Why are you dumping one piece of shit for another?

If you care more about style than substance, get the Veloster Turbo. It is "quick", but it can barely get that power to the ground even though it's only 195ft/lbs.

Look man, at the end of the day you should get a car because you love it and not because people tell you it's good or the numbers look good on paper. But I would seriously urge you to at least TRY a Fiesta ST first. Objectively it is a vastly superior car to the Veloster Turbo. It's got more power and more toque, and beyond that it's got a much better chassis and suspension for "spirited driving". It's even got 4 doors, Recaros, and a 6-speed stick (a really good one). If you gotta have 2 doors... all memes aside a FRS or BRZ will also kick the shit out of a Veloster Turbo.

But if you got a crew to impress or a bae to please who for some reason really dig Hyundai and the Veloster Turbo instead of those other two cars and you just really like it for some reason... hey man do what you gotta do we've all been there.

my favorite on that game was the acura RSX tho cause I was 14 and didn't realize that was just a civic

It it a civic but the K20 is a good motor, you're fine to like it, and it is a JDM Honda Integra over there.

THE NIGHT WILL COOOOOOME
AND RIP AWAAAAAAY
HER WINGS OF INNOCENCE THROUGH EVERY WORD YOU SAY

jesus christ that game did some unrepairable damage to my music taste

what I like about that GTR is the looks. It still on the right side of the "look at me! i'm fast" line

My mine has one m sport trim, he modded his but they all come with a i6 bi turbo :^)

Well OP's Tiburon was a shit car but there are true under rated cars
Like this.
The 2007-2013 Suzuki SX4
>reliable 2.0L J20 engine
>AWD
>Suzuki sold a turbo kit through dealers made by Road Race Motorsports, who still make the kit
>turbo kit turns it into a WRX-wannabe that isn't a WRX and has a more reliable transmission
>Racing pedigree because WRC

Back in highschool I knew a guy who had a riced out one of these in manual.

He didn't want it to get stolen (>implying) so he used one of those brake lock clubs that locks the break pedal up.

He wasn't smart enough to realize those are meant for automatic cars so you can't get it out of park. So this idiot gets in his car and onto the road somehow without noticing this thing between his legs and that he doesn't have any brakes and tbones a family in an intersection on his way to work killing a little girl.

It was labeled an accident and he actually lawyered up to sue the company that made the brake club

tl;dr those cars are shit and their owners are bottom of the gene pool.

>Prelude
>H22
>oil leaking pile of shit that was one of the worst motors honda ever made.

Mazdaspeed 6
>Unicorn as fuck
>Haldex AWD somehow splits torque 50/50
>MZR 2.3 DI-T is godly, fully forged internals with 14 lbs of boost stock
>Huge aftermarket
>Super comfy, all leather interior.
>6 Speed manual only
>Heavy, but handles great thanks to a double wishbone front and multilink rear suspension
>muh sporty aesthetic

God tier unicorn. I picked up a 2006 up for only 10k with 88k miles

Nice looking car, user.

>haldex

>>Looks good

I actually like the huge Lancer looking headlights on the sonata facelift more than that.

>all memes aside a FRS or BRZ will also kick the shit out of a Veloster Turbo.
Toyobaru isn't even faster than a 4banger Camry.

Literally no reason to own a FWD Celica because the Integra exists and is better in every way.

Good luck finding a stock integra, especially in CA where the rice burners have taken over, they're watching Haggard garage and ruining perfectly good Accord EXs and shit.

it's actually slower than the Scion tC which has less power and is heavier

compromise:
>buy FWD Celica
>K20/K24 swap it
monkeywrenchracing.com/product-category/celica/celicahondakseriesswap/

I like the tiburon rd better
not the look of it just the way it drives

>it's actually slower than the Scion tC which has less power and is heavier

>2014 Scion TC 6 speed 0-60 in 6.9 seconds
>2014 BRZ 6 speed 0-60 in 6.2 seconds

kys faggot, your piece of shit scion is worthless and will never be a true sports car like the toyobaru

I don't have a Scion. In the real world, the tC is faster.
kys.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gv8vCc8y-eg

>cheap
Maybe in burgerland. In Yurop it's expensive as fuck.

You enjoying zoom zoom boom? Fucking faggot cunt.

No. Its expensive to maintain badgewhore shit in Murica too.

My Charger isn't a piece of shit imo. It's been the best car I've ever owned.

As for the veloster, I wanted to try out a hyundai product because I never have driven one. I've only ever owned fords, dodges, and gm products.

I tried the Fiesta and it just feels small. Sure power wasn't an issue, but it's just too cramped for my tastes. When I sat in the veloster, it was pretty roomy. That was my deciding factor against getting a fiesta. Well that and that the only Fiestas within 200 miles of where I live are new and they have a 20k+ msrp. My budget is 18k or less.

you should test drive a c30 if you like the veloster

These guys are some of the worst stick drivers I've seen. It's the reason I stopped watching their series of videos

Every auto review magazine has easily gotten the toyobura down to 6.2-6.3 seconds 0-60.

Even if the toyobura was slower, there would be no reason to buy the TC over it. The TC is a open diff "sporty" fwd ecobox verses the toyobura is a dedicated rwd performance car built on its own platform.

Used ones are around 30k. Maybe as low as 25k. If you buy this over a 996 turbo or c6 vette you are pretty goofy.

huh, I can squeeze out 40mpg on the highway and my car makes like 190

Its probably a newer car, that engine is from 2003

>German engineering

Jokes askde, I was considering it, actually but all experience I've ever had with German Cars is that they're a bitch to work on and a bitch when it comes to costs of repairs.

Volvo is Swedish though.

Volvo's aren't German m8

>K24A4
Yeah you're right, my car has a K24Z3

German, Swedish, ect ect. I've experienced all the same really. European cars have never been easy for me to work on.

>cars have never been easy for me to work on
FTFY

Couldn't be more wrong

>friend has automatic Tiburon with the V6
>i have mx-6 manual with v6
>we race
>it's neck and neck
>30k car vs 800 car
lol

A V6 Mustang barely made 190bhp back then

What Tiburon costs $30k?

I dunno how much they actually cost, just an estimation of the highest trim level cost new, 'cause his was.

Came with those T badges instead of the Hyundai ones and leather interior with all the bells and whistles

>>doesn't weigh much

Bullshit. I thought that they didn't, then I weighed mine. over 3000 with me out of it. Also, a 2.7l V6 that makes 174HP. Fucking why use a dual cam v6 to make less power and torque than a QR25DE of the same year?

This car was GARBAGE.