/ovg/ - simracing waifu edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc
simracingdesign.com/threads/nr2003-screenshot-and-video-thread.45838/page-188#post-703162
youtube.com/watch?v=fg1eXWqJ18M
youtube.com/watch?v=lQlmzBBeoB8
youtube.com/watch?v=3ggIyMTTTrI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post boipussy

2nd for why no porsche cup server in AC

anyone willing to share their setups for ovgt3? I am a full second down on austism on this shitty track.

Any new games released?

are the setups car dependent?

Take all the air out the tyres and set the wing to 3

No, not really

increase fast

decrease slow

thanks lad ill give it a go tonight

Downloaded trackpack + limerock fix, game still tells me the track is not found. What did I do wrong

>cheating to the nth degree

>Implying a shitty series like that is "good"
Everything will fall apart at lime rock, when someone will think it would be hilarious to crash out james or cosmo or people start cutting the track.

Let's see how great that diarhea of a series will be.

it tells me that .SNC is mismatched, while its obviously in my limerock folder

Mistakes were made

50.81 is new suck line (48.352 + 2.458); anyone slower than that sucks.

I don't see anything wrong. Safety Car is making sure that everyone is safe.

PERKELE

What game? Where can I try and see how much I suck?

puu sh/t8MDh/e3142452ad.psd

Friendly reminder to use a nice numberplate

forgot pic, also comes in black

ty for the help fgts

I've had worse.

pic related

I don't know what could cause that problem, but as with any problem with rFactor you either have to reinstall or restart and retry until it randomly decides to work for whatever reason

rF1 GT3 server

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Hello Fellow Racer!

From your description it seems that the problem is that you unpacked the track pack in the wrong place. Please make sure you have unpacked the trackpack INSIDE your GameData folder.

The trackpack is packed from the Locations folder and onwards, unlike most other downloads which start from the GameData folder (meaning that you can just drop it on your root rFactor install folder). Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hope this works out for you and see you on track racer!

>tfw bought rFactor just to try and see how I stack up against turbo autists on Veeky Forums

>bought
y tho

I like renting games.

What do you guys play to race on? Are there ever any /ovg/ events?

At the moment rFactor 1 and Assetto Corsa, maybe rFactor 2 later this year. More info can be found on the wiki linked in OP

/ovgrs2/ coming soon

So do I just show up to race?

meant for

you put your name in the google docs, and show up

simracingdesign.com/threads/nr2003-screenshot-and-video-thread.45838/page-188#post-703162

i cant believe i'm in the same plane of existence as this person

why is there AI on the server?

you can only race if you go faster than the AI

>can only select lamborghini
>ERROR LOADING VANTAGE LIGHTFLARES

This is already fun.

you fucked up somewhere

Yeah, trying unfuck everything.

try redownloading the mod from the google doc, i dont think anyone can fuck up installing it as its literally just drag n drop to your rf1 main folder so maybe your download is corrupted

>tfw finally in the 49 club

rf1, rf2, ac. consoles are for gays

>there is something wrong here
Yeah, a woman is leading the race

>t. leodesu

Also who the fuck put all these ais

Alrighty guys I'll be back with access to Photoshop and my desktop from tomorrow

Are there any skin problems or topics NOT COVERED by the guide that you need help with before the first race?

I'll have a few hours to spare so any topics that need to be covered I can have covered well before any deadline, just be specific about the problem pls

Hidden possibly relevant videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=fg1eXWqJ18M

youtube.com/watch?v=lQlmzBBeoB8

youtube.com/watch?v=3ggIyMTTTrI

>tfw no skippies ever again

I will end you.

>Everybody slower than leodesu conveniently sucks every time
Hmmm really makes me think

Jacob Craigo is a real meme

some retard(s) voted AI on the server at 120% strength, they put in times 1sec better than anyone else

does it upset you james?

who is james?

me

no im james

no i am james

You're all autists.

To whomever voted 10 AI onto the server; please come to the front desk immediately with proof of your deed. Your bonus points are waiting.

why would anyone play a game that requires a monthly subscription, i am unemployed and only play free games

they cut my dissability 2 months ago when they found out i wasn't disabled

had to pay a $700 fine and have a court date about it, like anything will come of it

user, you're going to jail for fraud

have fun getting fucked in the ass,

also nice dubs

have fun in prison.

maybe you can argue something about your autism

if you paid a fine you're probably going to get a slap on the wrist

you'll be fine, probably have to spend a few weeks helping some geezers in a retirement home.

also, get a fucking job, trump is going to cut dissability for autism, so get a j

Because if you're autistic enough, you can get to the pro level and totally make money or something.

Nvm how unlikely that is, just pay us for the chance and good luck getting past the rookie races.

no, what happened was i applied for a part-time job at 15 hours a week, the bitch on wheels (literally, she's paralyzed from the waist down) at the local SSA office went ballistic and reported it to the feds as me working 150 hours a week because she has a vandetta aggainst me

i'll be fine, i just gotta set the record straight

hope the bitch gets fired

actually, most of the pro-level oval guys are high school kids aged 16-17, they have sponsors who give them free merch and wheels/pedals and seats

the road guys are just really autistic and anti-social

That's actually good to know. I don't have the pockets to get an IRL ride at the local ovals, so a friend actually suggested SIM racing instead.

well, a lot of them have been playing games since they were like 7, so a lot of those guys grew up on PS2 EA online leagues

(early 2000's console online networks were shit compared to now)

based RBDK

can someone in the 48's pls upload their replay, help a nigga out

He is easily the most autistic person on SRD

Read the thread

He's really autistic on the forums, but he's pretty cool on the race servers.

>did a 48
>replay didnt save
yee buddy

Rfactor 1 gt3 mod sucks, for the 90% of the time that the cars are sliding, there is literally no ffb. fk this shit

Considering every car has completely different physics I imagine one of them drives like a car.

t. 49+ shitter

No u
I drove the mclaren 650s which felt like I was driving on ice and the amg gt3 which was a little bit better, but not by much. There was literally no feel for optimum grip in any of those cars

Just drive the modern R8 and stop whingeing.

Typically the front engine cars have more bite in the front so you can kinda feel the car. But Enduracers tyres do turn these cars into sliding messes.

That's the joke.....

will the Yaaaaaaaaaaaaas Marina race be day/night like OVGTP Daytona/Lel Mans etc? It's quite nice at night and having a day/night endurance would be a nice season ender

>complaining about sliding
Welcome to rFactor 1 enjoy your stay.

2015 R8 is for plebs. Dont be a pleb, pick your carfu, unless your carfu is the 360 or the 430 (rip godmachine)

That's a good question actually, I'm not sure. Me and a few others will test that out.

We would not even need to use headlights for it (circuit has good lighting), so that might just be what we do.

As for it being an endurance event, probably not.

gt3 cars are not supposed to do 4wheel slides in every 50-150mph turn. Why not play a decent mod with actual grip

The 650s is my favorite, sure I spin and am +49 but I like it too much

turn on TC it will keep you pointing straight

you have never played anything in rfactor 1 if youre saying this

have you ever raced sportscars in rf1 before?

i agree, we should be a good rfactor mod such as

I did participate like 2 years ago in ovg and I cant remember it being that bad.

And indeed, why would I play a 9 year old game when there are better ones out there

I bet ya'll guys ride the bus and have never driven a real car, let alone a race car like me. I can tell you these cars are great, they drive like real race cars. Why else would I join this series, same with Sev who is know to be faster than factory BMW drivers in the wet. He wouldn't touch this mod if it was dogshit like the EnduRacer Flat 6 mod.

BES was worse than this senpai

lrn2use your springs and shocks, ol buddy ol pal

>springs

>softer = more mechanical grip, but soft and lethargic feeling, prone to bottoming out and less straightline speed
>harder = less mechanical grip, but more responsive, less prone to bottoming out, can run lower ride heights, more straightline speed

>shocks (or dampers to teaboos)

>shocks control the car's weight transfer; the more the car's body is allowed to roll, the more weight it is shifting to whichever end
>bump is compression, rebound is extension, obviously you stupid shit
>car is spinning out on exit? soften the rear bump (lower number) and loosen the front rebound (lower number) to allow the car to shift more weight back under acceleration
>car spinning out on entry? do the opposite you feeble weeb, stiffen the front bump (higher number) and stiffen the rear rebound (higher number) to stop so much of your fat ass shifting forward when you slam on the anchors
>make FINE adjustments, like one or two clicks at a time
>this is pretty gud because you can adjust your entry and exit totally separately - entry is front bump and rear rebound, exit is rear bump and front rebound
>as for fast bump, just tune it to soak up curbs and shit. should be easier to feel. tune the fast rebound so you're not bouncing and voila

I'm not gonna lie, this mod is pretty bad, but this still has effect. This applies to basically every sim (even iRacing) and in a good set of physics you can really fine-tune the handling to make it perfect for you. Only a few facets of a car's setup will give the car outright speed, such as aero or gearing. The most time is gained from adjusting it to suit your driving style and give you maximum comfy. Being comfortable with the car will give you more speed than anything else.