10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BUY A WRX (#8 will blow your mind)

Guys, I fell for the turbo Subaru meme. Do NOT make the same mistake.

>1: The """wagon""" variant is too small to be worth shit. Just get the sedan if you still fall for the meme.
>2: Thing drinks high octane fuel like my Ancient Civilizations professor drinks absinthe. 20MPG average when premium fuel costs nearly $3 where I live is asinine (regular is $2.30)
>3: Parts are EXPENSIVE as fuck and things WILL break frequently no matter how you drive it.
>4: The engine bay is super cramped and the car is a pain in the arse to work on.
>5: The power is impressive for the first week you own it, then it just becomes boring.
>6: Everyone thinks you vape, and you might actually start vaping because WRX BRO
>7: Everyone wants to race you at stoplights, but you can't win any of the races because WRX a slow
>8: 1st gear might as well be unsynchronized because it grinds like a motherfucker unless you gently ease it in every single time
>9: They're overpriced to buy. I bought mine for $9000 with 130k miles on the clock, and that was the cheapest one for 200 miles.
>10: AWD is overrated and it still slips around in the rain and snow. AWD is the worst automotive meme of them all. Don't get cucked into paying extra for meme wheel drive.

Liar! Japanese carrus are superior and never breaku!!

FHI were never part of that god-tier-japanese-cars club.

Near me the there is an offroad trail that recently subaru fan boys had to get rescued out of and the park was closed down. Apparently these retards thought AWD was the same as 4x4 and tried to take on like 6 fpot mudholes and 100 foot long mud puddles as well as treacherous road conditions and inclines. They all got stuck/broke down kek what a bunch of tards

>only reliable japs are honda and toyota
>only make shitty ecoboxes

I know this is bait, but:

>1
Comes down to what you want

>3, 4
Ties in with #9. You bought someone else's problems, get over it.

>5, 7
Which is it? Does it have power or not?

>8
Learn how to drive?

>9
It's not our fault you got ripped off, kid.

Are you fucking high?
Seriously, are you being retarded on purpose?
You better not be.

I wouldn't call all their econoboxes shitty, but yeah. I get you.
They both used to make awesome sport cars though

You forgot they rust worse then anyother car, they have a fuck ton of interior rattles. The oem turbos are shit and can barely last 100k. The shift feel is shit and same goes for the clutch.

>1st gear unsynchronized
Do you honestly try to downshift into 1st gear?

t. Shitposter

Since we're throwing around anecdotes...

>bought 2006 WRX wagon a few years ago
>excellent condition with 72k miles, paid $14k
>drove it for 2 years up to 98k miles
>spent nothing on maintenance except for tires, oil changes a power steering belt that was $10.
>was tons of fun to drive
>averaged 25mpg (mostly highway)
>great in wet weather and snow
>sold after two years for $12k because I was only driving it on the weekends

Can't complain.

So you're saying with proper maintenance and by not beating on it the are decent cars?

>Parts are EXPENSIVE as fuck and things WILL break frequently no matter how you drive it.

Compared to what? An '06 Saab 92 Aero / WRX Wagon is still cheaper to fix than an '05 325/330...

Awd is amazing in snow. A meme all other times.
Lrn2drive moron

>implying people don't know these already
>being so stupid you thought AWD would make you invincible in the snow

thats the reason they are reliable dumbo !

This is fact.
The problem with WRX's is that previous owners beat the shit out of them. Don't redline it everyday like a fucking retard and do some preventative maintenance. Doubly so for the STI engines with an aggressive tune.

>2: Thing drinks high octane fuel like my Ancient Civilizations professor drinks absinthe. 20MPG average when premium fuel costs nearly $3 where I live is asinine (regular is $2.30)

Can't really argue with this one. I have a JDM EJ20K that is tuned for 98 RON and it sucks fuel like crazy. It doesn't help that it was fitted with a VF-24 turbo which is designed to spool at lower RPMs.

lol you forgot the good parts
>11: leaks oil like your mum leaks semen
>Cant barely handle any power/boost over 350rwhp without rebuilding the engine and gearbox
>12: Center and Rear diff made of cheeese
>13: its gay

That said is it better than the Crankwalk Evo ? Probably not they are both the same 90's shitboxes that are over rated because of their rally pedigree.

idk get a GTR

but they look so cooooooool

I love how WRX eat clutches like a motherfucker too. Top of the line piece of shit car.

: 1st gear might as well be unsynchronized because it grinds like a motherfucker unless you gently ease it in every single time
Why would it ever grind if you're in gear. Gears dont grind when you're in gear regardless if you dump the clutch or be gentle. You grind gears when you DONT clutch.

>AWD is overrated and it still slips around in the rain and snow.
I know this a bait thread but try tires that aren't dogshit for snow. All-seasons are the ultimate meme and are literally mediocre year round.

>eat clutches
more like you're a fucking retard that clutches like shit slamming gears and not depressing the clutch enough

>honda
>reliable

Don't fall for the awd is a meme meme. If you live in a climate with snow you can drive fine unlike all the other slap dicks all over the road in any storm

If you live somewhere with nice weather 365 and you only drive on paved roads ya awd doesn't mean shit but that doesn't make it a meme it makes you a retard

I've never had an issue with oil leaks. The passenger side valve cover gasket is a known failure point due to heat from the turbo but we're talking a few hours every 100k+ in maintenance.

AWD IS a meme though.

Winter tyres on any layout >>> AWD without winter tyres

Bugeye wrx had lots of problems. Other common ones are:
>really low quality head gaskets that fry easily
>syncros turn into shrapnel and grind away at gearbox
>Subaru cheaped out on turbos, known to blow with little provocation
I haven't heard much bad about the tear drop and tri grill wrxs though.
And yeah, a good set of winter tires will make a front drive just as capable as a awd in snow.

>Winter tyres on any layout >>> AWD without winter tyres
Yet, AWD with winter tires > everything else

Every Subaru ever made is a rice trap. They're all shit unless it's a very recent year

Why would anyone buy a WRX?

>By GT
>1: Tons of room.
>2: Thirsty as fuck, but I commute by motorcycle and car is really only for weekends/hauling shit so no fucks given.
>3: Parts are CHEAP and PLENTIFUL and i've put almost 400,000 km's on it with just routine maintenance and when it does eventually shit itself I can do a full engine/gearbox swap for under 3k.
>4: The engine bay is super cramped so I kidnapped a small asian child and force them to change the spark plugs for me.
>5: The stock power was never impressive, I own bikes that put out more hp, but a little work goes a long way.
>6: Why are you hanging out with children?
>7: No one wants to race you at stoplights, but 300hp will still eat most boy racer garbage in stop light grand prix's.
>8: Have you tried depressing the clutch?
>9: I paid 3k for mine with 150,000 km's on it
>10: AWD is a fuck load better than FWD and RWD in slippery conditions.

your list doesnt blow my mind. ive actually had a wrex. nz has the highest subaru ownership outside of japan.

you forgot:
>11: oil pumps and head gaskets fail with regularity.
>12: transmission is weak as glass and no factory gearbox with handle more boost.
>13: normal fuel here at the moment is about 1.80 a litre premium is 1.90 a litre. and its 5 litres to a gallon long story short its about 9.50 a gallon...
>14: the NON turbo drinks like a fish also. if you find yourself with a EJ15 yes 1500cc its gutless