>buying an audi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7rXgunKqtKQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MLB_platform
youtube.com/watch?v=cEuU64Zt4B0
youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lolling at you for spending one hour posting this when nobody cares.

What do niggas have against Audi?

>FWD-based AWD
>unreliable
>overcomplicated
>absolute fucking bitch to work on
>ALWAYS driven by assholes, no exceptions
>paying BMW/Mercedes money for a literal VW with some extra leather

Shitty AWD
Heavy
Volkswagen
Nasty interiors

I won't trigger you with ease of maintenance or anything like that because I'm not a poorfag. Audi is a garbage brand and I have no idea why anyone would be interested in buying luxury cars built on FWD platforms with shitty Quattro tacked on; isn't that why no one likes Acura?

Nice memes, seems like Veeky Forums is actually one person after all.

Anyhow, its ok youre a dumb nigger but dont go spouting misinformation.
>VW
only models that share vw platform on the current lineup are the TT and a3. everything else is independent. and only those models have haldex
>shitty awd
quattro itself is one of the best awd systems you can get. most modern audis are rwd biased too so idk where the fuck youre getting your information from besides this shitty duck trading forum composed of civic driving faggots and unironic shitbox lovers
>heavy
no one said theyre racecars. youd be hardpressed to find light cars with any luxury company in OP
>nasty interiors
subjective, most people and car bloggers say audi has some of the finest interiors although sometimes on the "sterile" side, again, totally subjective and up to personal taste.

Oh, I forgot one.

>engine IN FRONT OF THE FRONT AXLE
This is fucking retarded, you're hanging one of the heaviest components as far from the center of the car as possible which results in any Audi's single defining handling characteristic: terminal UNDERSTEER.

>everything else is independant
Everything else shares one singular fuckheap platform, based on last generation's platforms which, you guess it, were all VW (except the R8)

The interiors are nasty, the exteriors are nasty, the performance is shit (again, R8 exempt) and they are literally lithium on wheels. Understated to the point that they ARE garbage.

>quattro itself is one of the best awd systems you can get if you like weight over the front axle, and lots of understeer
ftfy. Sure, it can do RWD bias (hell, even Ferd transverse systems can do that nowadays), but the packaging is horrendously bad.

>youd be hardpressed to find light cars with any luxury company in OP
Yet Merc and BMW are consistently 200lbs lighter. Also, RS6 is so ridiculously heavy (or VW is incapable of making a good DCT) that it would break the DCT's, hence the move to a traditional ZF 8 speed. Either way, that's VAGshit for you.

Platform doesn't mean it's the same car
>While a model may be said to use an MLB platform, it is not so much a platform per se, but rather a system for introducing rationality across disparate platforms that share engine orientation — regardless of model, vehicle size or brand. Thus, MLB uses a core "matrix" of components across a wide variety of platforms — for example, sharing a common engine-mounting core for all drivetrains (e.g., gasoline, diesel, natural gas, hybrid and purely electric).

Tip your fedora a bit harder. You're not fooling anyone, Audi is garbage and you literally buy it for the badge (how did it get popular again?) because it has no redeeming qualities of its own

>only models that share vw platform on the current lineup are the TT and a3
A2 uses PQ25 (polo) platform
MLB is used for the 2017 Touareg and Phideon
Engines and ancillary components are shared across the range.

AUDI FAGS BTFO

Lmao thats literally my car.

Bunch of low income Miata cucks in here who will never have a car over 230hp

>buying VAG trash over an M3/M4 or C63 AMG

>drive an Audi
>get smoked by a 2000 french family sedan
Living the life I see

clearly because of the badge, why else would anyone buy an Audi?
It's a nouveau riche brand and they go as far as bragging about it as if it was a good thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=7rXgunKqtKQ

>slower than a golf

Benz and BMW have more "brand prestige" though. Why anyone would ever buy an overpriced VW when BMW and Mercedes have vastly superior options in every single possible way for the same price is beyond me.

It leaves me flabbergasted too. Probably has to do with all the product placement Audi does.

rotflmao, can't make this shit up
will audi ever recover from this?

>vw with extra leather is slower than a vw without it
nothing to see here folks, move along

Niggers gotta nig. Also jelosy.

>being jealous of a fucking audi
maybe if it's an R8, kek
>fwd

what's wrong with front wheel drive? it gives you a better turning circle

Bigger isn't always better user

"Quattro" isn't a single AWD setup you uneducated nigger
There's a handful of variants

enjoy your shitty weight distribution

>captcha: ford barnes

Why did Alphonse turn against audi?

>Benz and BMW have more "brand prestige" though. Why anyone would ever buy an overpriced VW when BMW and Mercedes have vastly superior options in every single possible way for the same price is beyond me.
To feel like Iron Man :^)
I'm convinced that the kind of people who buy Audis are the same people who watch capeshit

>the kind of people who buy VAG godmachines are the same people who watch capekino
FTFY

commit sudoku disgusting pleb

Nothing wrong with Porsche, Lambo etc.
But Audi is literally shit because it shares platforms, engines, chassis, drivetrains, materials etc with VW, Seat, Škoda.

You mean VW, Seat and Škoda inherit all that stuff from Audi.

>audis arent just VWs with extra leather, they are future VWs with extra leather!!!!1111

Lol no, it is all first developed by VW.

Fucking PATHETIC

Nope. For example, the Passat gets passed down the A4 platforms.

It's all VW R&D, which then gets sent to their subsidiaries. You just pay more because 4 rings.

You get the new developments first and extra aluminum with the 4 rings.

>implying
Nope

>You get the new developments first
Nope. Same engineering across the board as VW. You just get """"AWD"""" options on more models.

False. Educate yourself.
For example MLB platform is exclusive to Audi so far, expect the next generation Passat to get it. They've always done it this way.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MLB_platform

MLB is already being used by the Phideon and Touareg, try again. MQB also got introduced to all VAG brands at the same time.

>TEN SECONDS slower round the Burgerkingring

Haha, holy fuck, how will Audi ever recover?

>Phideon
>china only

>Touareg
That's the next year model, the Q7 has used the platform for years already. Try again.

>damage control
found VAG's marketing team. stay btfo

The family bought an A4 1.8 with the s-line trim because it was a last gen one before this gen rolled in, the thing was like 15k.

Anyway, from experience:
Absolutely no problems so far, except the head unit having trouble connecting to the phone.
For some incredible stupid reason, head unit doesn't work through BT for music, only calls. It might seem trivial, but it's so frustrating when even a fucking polo has that shit. Also, no aux-in you gotta buy an extension for that.
Regular service for free and warranty bumper to bumper, so the cost so far is 0 besides purchase and gas.
It has that shit CVT with simulated gears. Personally I dislike CVTs but it is pretty seamless, gas saving isn't that great for an i4 though. We'll see how the CVT does after the warranty/free service period.
UNDERSTEER, U RIKE IT? You do feel it at high speeds.
Quality of interiors is good, leather (or faux?) is nice, alcantara is nice... ride is really comfy but the electronic steering that adapts to speed and shit is super weird at first.

Anyway, VWs/Audis at discount price are super good value for money, at regular price I'd probably buy a jap car again.

wew, is it drive-by-wire?
It would suck to get hacked...

>Lmao thats literally my car.
Timestamp and bread on grille. What sold you on it over something like an M4?

>performance model with back seats removed built specifically to rape the Burgerring is quicker around said track than a heavy luxury boat which emphasizes going fast in a line over all else
Well colour me surprised, bus lad.

>damage control
spotted the VAG fangirl
stay btfo

>spotted the VAG fangirl
yea you lmao

how so? Audi gets beat by an inferior car from the same company, it's utterly pathetic. When did any GM product beat the Corvette?
>protip: never

>RS
>not a performance model
kek, stay btfo
>mfw todd smokes you in his golf

>top of line Audi gets beaten by top of the line Golf
>user literally admits his audi is a pigfat understeer machine

LMAO

ahahaha can't make this shit up
>post yfw a 70k audi literally can't beat a 60k volvo

>tumblr pepe
Wow buddy, where'd you learn that cool meme word like "BTFO" what does it mean? Hey woop for gender equality amirite?

>what is google images

>he googles pepes
The amount of underage you have delivered today almost makes you a mother.

>unironically wanting the alphabet soup to find a white supremacist meme stash in your computer

It takes you an hour to screenshot a page on Wikipedia, zoom a couple words, and type 5 words into the box on Veeky Forums?

LUXURY CARS MUST BE REAR WHEEL DRIVE BECAUSE NO REASON, BUT I HAVE EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD TO CRY FOR IT

>thinking it makes a difference whether you save them or just google them all the time
>pictures of a cartoon frog get you onto alphabet soup watchlists
>getting permanently surveilled by alphabet soup in the first place

>"land" of the "so-called" """free""" ([free] as in ""freed"dom""")

>>>/hg/

You still haven't provided a reason as to why luxury sedans must be RWD. It doesn't matter for slow city driving, it doesn't matter for straight line highway driving even at Autobahn speeds, no one's going to buy a luxury sedan with the intent of whipping it around race tracks.

Okay, so all luxury sedans must be RWD so that a few daft cunts can buy them for $1,300 after 25 years and shred tires for recreation. Good to know. I'll forward it to Audi, Citroen, Lincoln and Volvo.

I think it's generally because it's easier to fit a god tier v12 north to south when mounted in the front.

>doesn't own a car
>posts on a car forum

>When did any GM product beat the Corvette?
>>protip: never

To be fair that's because GM kills/neuters anything that could potentially be faster than the Corvette.

top shekel m8

>being this oblivious of the fact that you just got meme'd
top kek

The front suspension on a FWD based car is a lot shittier

Exactly my point. What's VAG's excuse for not doing the same? To have a top of the line Audi get beat by a Golf is dreadful.

Who the fuck cares what vw shares with audi. No one cars who steals one or another bolt from each other. What matters is that audi completely belongs to volkswagen shit. That being said, audi does only what vw lets. And if one gets fucked, everyone else get in that way as well.

Yes, vw and audi awd systems are identically same and theyre shit, not to mention true quattro died long time ago somewhere in the 90s

Who gives a fuck about weight anyways? Chances someone on this board touched anything more expensive than logitech gaming steering wheel are low, thus no one even ever been to a racetrack or actually does motorsports. Average person needs road stability, build quality

Interiors are subjective, i like them most after mercedes. Bmw is utterly disgusting. What pisses me is paying 10k bucks for those leather seats

Thanks for attention, fags

>vw and audi awd systems are identically same and theyre shit, not to mention true quattro died long time ago somewhere in the 90s
Dumb faggot, VW uses Haldex, which only faggot economy version Audis use. A4-lineup (and others) still uses longitudinal engines and TorSen (altough there are different versions of TorSen as they upgrade the tech behind it every now and then).

Shows who is the one touching his logitech steering wheel here. Fag.

I just think Audis look nice and I would probably never race anyways -- the only logic I have for liking them.

t. busriding neet though

OP is just probably mad some guy who owns an Audi is fucking his local dream girl.

The A4 is the best entry-luxury vehicle on the market right now, only thing that comes close is the C-class which costs more $$$.

fuck off tripfag

>true quattro
Quattro isn't an AWD system, dummy
>Who gives a fuck about weight anyways?
>Average person needs road stability
make up your mind
>Interiors are subjective
agreed
>i like them most after mercedes. Bmw is utterly disgusting
>paying 10k bucks for those leather seats
Who charges that?
faggot

>>paying 10k bucks for those leather seats
>Who charges that?
Audi when compared to its VW counterpart

>The A4 is the best entry-luxury vehicle on the market right now, only thing that comes close is the C-class which costs more $$$.
top kek
C klasse>3er>>>>>>>(power gap)>S60>>>>>>(power gap)>A4

ayyyy
lel my text got scrambled
I intended to say

>i like them most after mercedes. Bmw is utterly disgusting
faggot
>paying 10k bucks for those leather seats
Who charges that?

It is AWD, educate yourself, ameriburger

The very first poster meant that audi cars are heavy, therefore it was later said that in order for cars to offer luxury, comfort, straight line stability more weight is needed. No one races these cars on tight japanese city streets.

Leather seat and the rest of muh luckshury is fucking charged like theres no more cows or camels on planet earth to extract materials.

Now heck off, thanks

>It is AWD, educate yourself, ameriburger
You educate yourself, and stop projecting your amerilardness. Quattro Audi's name for AWD, not an AWD system. There's no such thing as "true quattro". You have a variety of Haldex and Torsen systems under that name.
>The very first poster meant that audi cars are heavy, therefore it was later said that in order for cars to offer luxury, comfort, straight line stability more weight is needed. No one races these cars on tight japanese city streets.
Yet Audis are consistently heavier than their BMW and Mercedes-Benz counterparts.
>Leather seat and the rest of muh luckshury is fucking charged like theres no more cows or camels on planet earth to extract materials.
Badge is charged that much, not leather or materials
>Now heck off, thanks
No u

t. Sven Gustaffson

>tells me to educate myself
Lmao, US educational system, ladies and gentlemen
FIRST it was THE TRUEST quattro all wheel drive, then it got changed with torsen and later on wtih haldex. Fucking fuck

>Yet Audis are consistently heavier than their BMW and Mercedes-Benz counterparts.
Makes car less fragile.

>Badge is charged that much, not leather or materials
Yeah, no shit sherlock

>No u
youtube.com/watch?v=cEuU64Zt4B0

>US educational system
I'm not american
I'll read the rest of your shitpost now

>FIRST it was THE TRUEST quattro all wheel drive, then it got changed with torsen and later on wtih haldex. Fucking fuck
Sorry buddy but I was talking about the present, not about the audi ur-quattro. Which BTW got shoehorned a torsen back in '87 and it was a huge improvement.
BTW, Torsen didn't get replaced by Haldex, Haldex only comes in shitty audis such as the a3
>Makes car less fragile.
>what is materials science
Stay ignorant lmfao
>Yeah, no shit sherlock
It was you who implied it was for the seats :^)

More interior space, a luxury in a car is having a lot of interior space. I hate you Veeky Forums, not everything is about performance

>diverting attention away from how shit Audi is by attacking maymays

RS models sure as fuck are about performance and they're still understeering pigs.

Kys

Present with Audi is shit. Just like any VW.
We've agreed on that like 50 posts ago.

>materials science
o i am laffin.

>It was you who implied it was for the seats :^)
Yeah, no. It's both badgewhoring and "just cause we can" attitude.

Yes but they're still based on the regular sedans and such. They generally perform better than their non-RS counterparts and employ more methods to limit the understeer, but it would be dumb to think they would create a completely new platform from scratch for something that sells in relatively low numbers.

Keep in mind these are first and foremost supposed to be luxury cars. Lexus isn't huge on performance but they're generally seen as the industry leader. When you buy a luxury car you're expecting excellent dealership service, options to fit your needs, comfortable driving. Most of Veeky Forums doesn't understand that because they buy used cars and with that, you pay for the car and nothing more. I should explicitly state I'm not making poorfag accusations or anything

>o i am laffin.
youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY
:^)

>it would be dumb to think they would create a completely new platform from scratch for something that sells in relatively low numbers.
That seems to be what the average Audi RS buyer believes, and what Audi's marketing team tries to sell.
It's not so different from burgers trying to convince everyone that a Grand National is somehow not just a glorified Regal