Looking to get a 240 sx. My friend drives a miata, but in all honesty that thing has too many issues for me...

Looking to get a 240 sx. My friend drives a miata, but in all honesty that thing has too many issues for me. i would like to know the pros and cons of a 240sx.

well you aren't going to find one that hasn't been molested. other than that, it's just typical old car shit you need to watch out for

define molested. Also a majority of the time im going to be using it as my daily driver, so should i worry about it leaking or issues with the trans.

Turned into a drift missile is molested. All 240 SX on the face of the earth are molested.

>miata has too many issues
>wants to buy car with EVEN MORE ISSUES

>pros
aftermarket

>cons
reliability
floppy chassis
slow as fuck
overpriced
not many good examples left

its basically a less gay Miata

oh and less reliable

dont want to imply a Miata is unreliable

Mine isn't but it doesn't work so I guess that's a bad example

Weak stock brakes. Almost none have stock LSD. Seals leak. Dashes are almost always cracked. Really shitty stock seats.

I wouldnt get one without the jap nose

My friend has a 240 and he likes it. Did some stupid shit to it back in the day but now it's all good. SR20DET in it, same gen as your pic. They look cool, are kinda slow, and have near-useless backseats

Basically all 240sx's at this point are ruined and aren't worth owning anymore. Best bet is importing a 180sx/Silvia but expensive.

That color, my god, what would that color be called?

shit brown

looks like a horribly desaturated tomato red

>shitty stock seats
Are you kidding me? Did they change seats after 1990? My seats are comfy as hell. Sometimes I go outside just to sit in my car.

No

You can find an NB or NC Miata without a speck of rust. Good luck finding a 240sx without rot in the frame rail.

dear god

w-w-weight savings, r-right guys?

Root Beer

Would it be gay to have a sil40? I do like front end of Silvia's but also don't want to be a faggot

OP i love these cars.

But dont buy one as a daily, youll regret it.
Even if you find a nice one that hasnt been molested, would you really want to daily it?

>go to shops
>someone opens door into it
>someone crashes trolley into it

>driving back from shops
>someone rear ends you

>park anywhere
>someone steals it

>driving anywhere
>cops pay particular attention to you

As beautiful as they are mate, you just dont want to daily and old, fucked up, tiny, over priced cop magnet.
They probably dont even have airbags, right?

If I can't daily a car I like whats the point of buying a car I like