Tom Clancy's The Division General /divg/

"Viable Builds" Edition

I will post this general everyday until you like it

>Update 1.5 patch notes
tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/news/152-275402-16/the-division-update-15-survival-patch-notes

>Twitter/Forum
twitter.com/TheDivisionGame
forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498-The-Division?s=05301fb84bc812f6898090faf8670414

>Best guide is best
docs.google.com/document/d/1g6wkNuXw0VJiymTqa79Yze7iJPNjMi35zerzd31fN6M/edit#

>Wiki is dead but we have this
divisionfieldguide.com

We have a Discord: discord.gg/mG7Sjcu

Last Wave:

Thinking of buying this game. Would I be making a grave error? I'm looking for the equivalent of Destiny for PC more or less

Then you are in the right place.

Division is basically Destiny for PC but with more realism and less space sci-fi

It's 6am and I've been at it for the last 7 hours straight but I finally made it

What should I buy?

Season pass includes Underground, Survival and The Last Stand DLCs (Last Stand isn't out yet)

You will also get Frontline Outfits pack.

Outfit Packs are just jackets and hats and stuff

Cool, thanks

Does the Gold Edition come with the Season Pass? It's not really clear what the benefit of it is

I'd save 1 cent by buying base game + season pass instead of Gold Edition

Gold Edition has the base game and the Season Pass yea

Cool, just bought the Gold Edition and the game is downloading now

cool, you should join the Discord

Is this virus just in new York?

I love this game!

Faye Lau is ugly ngl

It's worldwide but no one knows how bad it is

What you gonna kill with that sniper rifle when so low on fire arms? You cannot even kill a rat with it, lol

>71 days

I have 3 characters, all three together over 88 days! :-)

keep including liefling in the filenames, or just get a trip please :-)

It's what my husband calls me, and I made it my nickname in the game and in GTA V also.

Happy now? :-)

Thank you my quality posting friend, much appreciated :-D

Some info new players can use for the game.

Drawing of hunters :-)

This is an old pic! But yesterday I was testing my one of my 3 characters new gear configuration. I used 4 Nomad, RAPID chestpiece and specialized backpack. Killed 14 rogues in 1 DZ run, works awesome :-)

Helping a friend in his first ever Falcon Lost :-)
Miss you Soczek.

Difference between M700 Carbon and M700 Tactical.

Ghost of a player that was not in our incursion in the sewer infront of me :-)

Love this pic of my first character, I think she looks cute here :-)

I'm off to play now, gonna kill me some juicy rogues :-)

Will you please start using a trip so we can filter you? Or even better just kys.

My rogue killing character at the moment :-) Lightweight M4 has, Brutal, Destructive and responsive and has 23% armor destruction on it.

For you :-) (Be honest, you saw it comming :-))

The MK 20 sniper has Brutal, Destructive and Coolheaded, so I can recharge my skills quickly with it :-)

>user starts tripping as requested
>Filters user
>Now sits and talks to him self because he filtered the only other human bean that comes to the thread.

jesus you are annoying

No seriously, fuck off. Nobody likes your obnoxious ass.

My other DZ character, once they reach DZ rank 99 they retire from DZ :-)

Its rather confusing. They only ever talk about New York and I keep wondering why the navy doesn't just nuke the whole city.

I hope to see an expansion that adds a new city, like San Fran Cisco, so all the enemy npcs will be flaming homosexuals and transvestites.

11 IPs on thread.
12 with this post.
So, no, if that other faggot gets filtered, it'll still be good. It's not like it brings anything interesting anyway.

I know it is hard for you, afterall you never had any contact with a woman before, ofc you don't know what to do or say to a woman, poor faggot :-)

lol got me, haha
now fuck off

Here, let me demonstrate your hobby, go practice it now :-)

how come I can't find any group playing?! is there somewhere else that people are playing? what game mode?

Not really that confusing. What we know right now the epidemic is global and kills rapidly, also immune to most medicine and we know that the US government has fallen (dont remember where i seen it but highest government officials including the presindet are dead)

Also burning stuff actually helps virus spread faster, so maybe that's why they dont nuke anything.

or the entire military is overwhelmed and most of the military personnel are dead

>walk into dark zone to do daily
>immediately gunned down by first player that sees me
>later on see him get downed by mobs
>help him up because i'm not a cunt
>he guns me down again after they're dead

why is everyone who plays this a cunt

I like the contaminated areas. I love the idea of them. What does kinda bother me is the complete lack of dead bodies in them. Where are all the corpses. If its a contaminated area that no one can go in to with out dying, then the last people who resided in there should still be there.

>I went to a pvp area and wonder why pvp happened there.

You got exactly what you deserved.

Do blue items deconstruct in to blue materials? If so, is it better to sell them or deconstruct them as a new player.

open world is your own instance
hubs and dz are multiplayer

You're pathetic

this build gives me AIDS but nowhere near as much as the other build that I know you're referencing here too

>I can do 1.4mil damage every 7 seconds!
>thinks 200k dps is anything to be proud of
>no weapon talents
>no toughness

ALPHA STRIKE OF 1.4 MILLION DAMAGE
THAT KILLS 5 (FIVE) REDS INSTANTLY

I honestly wish leveling alternate characters wasn't such a tedious pain the ass. Being able to spread builds across different characters and not having to try to keep track of what pieces go with what would be great. As it is, I hardly play around with my build. Finally trying the DFNC set after using Strikers+Nomads since I came back for 1.4.

what does he mean by this?

Deconstruct everything.

what said. after you get like 300 of every HE (yellow) material sell endgame yellow and green armor and deconstruct literally everything else

how can i get people into my freeroam instead of joining other peoples?

Ofcourse, lol

No, I like playing with you :-)

This guy just stood and let me shoot him in the face without reacting. Good game :)

Muting this game when its not the active window does not work.

I really don't understand this game. It seems to randomly alternate between running perfectly with a steady 60 fps and being the choppiest, most slideshowy piece of shit I've ever played. I have no idea which I'm gonna get when I start up the game, and it's really fucking frustrating. A 1060 and I5-6500 should definitely be able to handle this game, so what gives? None of the graphics settings seem to really affect this very much.

I enjoyed the pictures

Check your ram when its running baddy. It sometimes uses a pretty large sum.

Is 8 gigs not enough for this game or something?

>making yourself look like an autistic retard
>playing
Sure thing buddy, he's not wrong though.

Mine is currently using just shy of 4.

i had a lot of freezing since coming back for 1.5, putting streaming distance to 0 helped but upgrading from 8 to 16 gb completely fixed all freezing and stutter

Fucking hell. Getting my 1060 to fit in my HAF 912 was such a fucking pain the first time around. Installing more ram sounds like such a damn headache. Maybe I'll do it next cleaning though. Anyway, thanks for the help, anons.

Ram is one of the easiest and cheapest things you can possibly upgrade.

Did anyone else download this game because of Jingles? Game looked so relaxing, glad I got it.

>black

I got 16gb ram in this oldish laptop. Game runs fine unless I get really close to fire.

>jangles
why are you watching him for teh gameplay?

I just bought the game Monday, and I'm level 12. Should I scrap the guns/armor I don't use or should I sell them? People in game have told me to do both and so far I've just been scrapping them. Another question, should I use a full auto G36 that has higher DPS than a burst fire FAL but does less damage per bullet?

sell and save up money
you ain't crafting any good shit for a while anyway

Fucked up my first survival run at the entrance to the dark zone. Got greedy because I saw a golden pillar a short way in, bombed it for the stack and then got gunned down by 6 guys including a named character.
This game mode is great

Try to get an LVOA-C or a Lightweight M4 with good talents like Brutal, Destructive and responsive, the G36 is also pretty good but a little lower rpm.

And now my first DZ. I stayed long enough to offload my first lot of items, kill 40 purples and then spent ages dying and corpse running to extract another bunch

Came out with a few backpacks, mods, a pile of caches and a fuckign scarf.
Exciting game mode, but not as fun. I got ganked by two guys early on