Which buy?

Going to buy a sporty manual daily, something along the lines of a 180sx, 200sx or a Supra. I would consider an FD (probably my favorite looker of the bunch), but I know it's a bad idea to daily one, despite the fact that I'm not going to be driving too much.

Why not a 3 series. Bullet proof engines, ride comfort and build quality.

I could probably get a decent M3 for the price I'm willing to pay (£7000-£10000), my fault for not including the price in my post

You can get an amazing condition mr2 turbo for well under £4000

S2000

Never really thought about these two. Is it really that difficult to deal with 'muh snap oversteer? My Dad owned an AW11, he said it was a great car. The S2000 is legit, but I kind of feel like I could do better for that price.

RX7 with a MazdaSpeed6 engine.

>daily
don't into 180sx, 200sx or FD
literally get anything else that you consider "sporty"

180sx and 200sx seem great and don't go over the 2.0L. Supra and FD will probably drink fuel like a motherfucker so not worth it. Not for a DD.

no, just don't go around corners hella fast.

snap oversteer is your car punishing you for being a bad driver

just don't do stupid shit like
> driving way too fast on public roads and braking in a corner so you don't hit an animal/person
> pushing your car too hard in the rain
> driving too fast on public roads that you don't know, taking turns too fast, and having to brake in the middle of a turn

Don't be a faggot and get a Twingo.

Okay I won't

how about a mr2 turbo op?

Why the fuck would you do that? MS6's were known for engine failure.

Um if you think the FD is bad, I don't get why you think the first three are fine.

An FD is actually likely to have less issues than those other cars as long as you replace the vacuum lines, radiator and radiator plumbing, and the engine is currently in good condition.
It'll just have its one big issue: needing a rebuild, especially if you put too much power and not enough lubrication into it.

If you want something with a lower cost to own that you don't have to worry much about, get like an S2000, MR2, CRX, etc.

FD's in stock trim are fairly bullet proof as long as you take care of common wear and tear items.

No they aren't.

25 year old plastic/rubber hoses crack and can destroy it.

But if you replace that, yes at stock power levels they are fine and very reliable cars 75,000 miles at a time.
Hell, in the 60s, those 12a and 13b motors lasting 115k-200k miles without issues until they needed a rebuild were considered reliable. Especially when rebuilding them was much cheaper than a piston engine. There were tons of cars that were less reliable and cost more to maintain than turbo FCs and FDs in the 80s and 90s as well.

Now if you want 300+whp, you need better cooling, to keep the EMP down, etc.

>No they aren't.
>25 year old plastic/rubber hoses crack and can destroy it.
>But if you replace that, yes at stock power levels they are fine and very reliable cars 75,000 miles at a time.

Disagrees then agrees, wat.

Why the fuck would you ask Veeky Forums what car you should get? Veeky Forums is full of either car illiterate dumb fucks or people who only worship one car.
>buymr2.jpg
In other news why don't you look at something kinda new with a price tag like that I know you can find nice 2007 to 2010 cars for 9 to 10k at least here in America. My friend just bought a Hyundai veloster turbo for 9500.

I was just making it more clear as lots of people on Veeky Forums aren't going to understand what "Take care of common wear and tear items" is.

>hi don't get this car, known as the most dangerous yet fun car in the world with no power steering, ABS, traction control or all the other pussy shit
>Get this shitty korean hyundai that will have people laughing at you all the time
>Get this another 2007-2010 car entierly designed by a nanny state instead of an old, but fun car that will never be made again, that is about as reliable

why are you even on this board.
I bet you drive a korean fwd automatic

OP
do what I can't and buy a sw20 MR2.
Because if I can't enjoy the best handling and most dangerous and fun car that doesn't bankrupt you, then, god damn it, someone should

To keep that authentic anxiety you would get driving a rotary