/shmupg/ - Shmup/STG general

Shooting games never die edition

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KAoT35yG8T4?t=3m49s
youtube.com/watch?v=lA3B2tJPebY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for fuck 1cc whores

Second for (you)s

3rd for fish plushies

100th for reco-chan

Rabi Ribi is not a shmup.

>for reco-chan

please buy

i wonder which one of the girls they employ pisses in bottles.

>just found out you can rapid fire lock shot in CCWI by getting close to the boss and spamming lock
I'm going to miss not having carpal tunnel syndrome.

Blue ship never die!

Guys, I figured it out!
France's main breed of degenerate is weeb, meanwhile...
Germany's main breed of degenerate is furfag.

yep, it's the reason which made me buy a stick
and even with this, my fingerstips were numb for da

H-he's tough!

french are just hipsters, that's all
they do not even care much about shmups, they just play retro games more than others

Also, Germany is very densely populated
Not like in France were all people just live near Paris
In netherlands or UK it also doesn't look much different

map an unused button to spam lock when ur practicing, use joytokey or something.
i always use auto, becouse my rapid fire is super slow and i can't dodge for shit, would rather die from copro tunnel syndrome than live with this shame though.

PSA: Remember, fish are friends and just want hugs

Dont listen to this traitor, fish are the enemy!
Make your planet proud, join the Silvehawks today.

Is this fish a friend?

Fish Princess Confirmed

24k to world record... can I do it?

Not a world record unless you're playing it on the actual hardware.

>mame world record

>mame
>record
wew lad

this triggers the collectards

youtu.be/KAoT35yG8T4?t=3m49s
Thanks for reminding me of this character, I've been trying to figure out recently where that boss theme came from!

stupid mamehater

god 2hu really is shit

Bunch of chumps, keep the thread alive.

It really could use some better backgrounds and zako enemies for a change. It has some really interesting bullet patterns though.

Lol at the retard comparing overated jaimers to banana and gus. Gus is not overated, has no legion of faggy fans, has a legit hard WR and the hardest shmup clear there is and he doesn't care what any tard thinks of him.. Gus is based. Jaimers is good but a bit of a one trick in terms of games he plays kinda of a poor mans sikraiken and banana is the same one trick but more of scorer who just wants to belong and have fwends who aren't dads.

>Gus
>WR
Yea no

No yea

Yes he does dickhead, he has the futari 1.01 WR you probably think i was talking about the counterstop for 1.5 huh? Perfect example of what a clueless gaping seed box you are.

stop acting as if gus would be better than gaymers
he is the definition of a one trick pony and then cant even play his game live

>WR in a game noone plays
oh wow it's fucking nothing

Either Gaymers or blow jobbing cheer leader.

>>WR in a game noone plays
Yeah because they all pussied out and went moaning to boxhead at Cave to dumb it down for 1.5. Same story with ddp daioujou whitelabel and now we see like 2/3 elites playing that version the most. I know you don't get this because low i.q but a game doesn't stop being hard because it's played by less people.

who's sikeraiken?

>implying Gus is anywhere near top-players
You are acting as if he is on Japanese superplayer level, which is just ridiculous

It wasn't just the difficulty. 1.0/1.01 is tru kusoge. 3 out of 4 shot types are useless and the maniac scoring system is a broken mess.

>who's sikeraiken?
sikraiken is a farm member who dominated ever STGT for years, he would churn out amazing scores in every game he touched. Just hiscore search the forum to see, he was also a fantastic DDR player.

No i'm not you're just drawing assumptions from thin air as usual because you're shit at english. I refer to Gus in an objective way ie does he have a WR? fucking yes, is he a great player who works hard and has the hardest clear out there? fucking YES, the end. Now explain why you're so pro Jaimers? Is it is beady chong eyes giving you the pants bound twinge?

>tfw no talent

>just drawing assumptions from thin
>Same story with ddp daioujou whitelabel and now we see like 2/3 elites playing that
>Same story
>2/3 elites playing it
You are legit retarded you Chav.

>mfw all these poor westies going for meme WRs

>is he a great player who works hard and has the hardest clear out there
He got a clear which Babanafaggot got in a month. It's really not as special as you make it out to be.

Also, I never said I am pro gaymers. He has a totally different taste than me in games, and is mostly just 1cc collector. However, Gus is just a pure one trick pony, and then isn't even that good at the game (his live performance was pretty disappointing desu).

I'm pretty sure no one has ever cleared straight up 1.0 Ultra
>your hitbox is regular old 4:2 instead of a pixel
>Two bomb carriers are missing
>need to enter a code just to access the mode

Practice, Practice and more Practice.

You know that's correct right? DDP black label was a direct response to top players complaining to cave following which everyone switched to black label besides SPS, Fufufu and a few others maybe. I'm talking high level specifically but again i know you aren't very bright or well versed in the happening of the genre. Why do you think 1.5 mushi exists? It was the same story ie players complained about difficulty factors.

>Also, I never said I am pro gaymers.
You didn't need to you're fucking blow jobber cheerleading makes it clear.

>He got a clear which Babanafaggot got in a month. It's really not as special as you make it out to be.

So? It's a great achievement no matter who gets it or how they get there and we aren't even talking about 1.5 you fucking dickhead. Only Gus and one other have cleared 1.1. You are everything that is wrong with this "community" ie a passive aggressive nerdling shit that just can't allow anyone else to receive a pat on the back for anything.

>Gus is just a pure one trick pony
Jack of all master of none, Gus is dedicated and i respect that more personally than 20 lower scoring clears to get virtual handies from touhou losers.

>You know that's correct right?
No, it isn't. You were saying that all the pros played 1.01 too, which is just bullshit. Nobody played 1.01.
You do not have to tell me why Cave brings out new versions of the game. That's pretty obvious, you dumbfuck. However, stop acting as if 1.01 had big competition, you fucktard.

Alright folks place your bets now, who's gonna come on top this time cee or anonymous?

>chav calling other passive aggressive nerdling shit
It's you who sits here 24/7 insulting others, while stroking you e-peen with your mediocre scores

>No, it isn't. You were saying that all the pros played 1.01 too, which is just bullshit. Nobody played 1.01.

Wow just fucking wow, I never said this or anything of the sort, I said when it came out it was complained about forcing boxhead to release a revision and further more added that a game doesn't stop being hard is few people play it which clarifies that i know few people play it. Your reading comprehension is top tier dildos as fuck.

I insult you because you're a fucking dirty mum shite and dumb as a plum, i never do the latter though so no you can't make things up to have a non point to argue with. I bet you have noodle arms and cuck glasses.

>same story
>2/3 elite playing it
>i never said like this blabla
Just fuck off with your braindamage and go back to your shitty Guwange, so you can feel better about yourself having mediocre scores at games nobody plays.

you have nothing and you talk shit about other players? next time post your score, before talk

Thing is you are not just insulting me, you are insulting everyone here constantly.
Whenever you post something it's just about insulting others, nothing else.

Wtf you're the brain damaged one lad, IT IS THE SAME STORY ie a super hard game gets released, people play it and say its to hard so a revision gets released and only a handfull stick to the harder original. The same with futari so which part of this are you struggling with?

>your shitty Guwange, so you can feel better about yourself having mediocre scores at games nobody plays.

I can name 3 top jap players who are grinding for the counterstop as we speak and it's a popular game in Japan relatively speaking.

And? I will continue to do so as long as it entertains me, what's the matter nerdling you gonna cry in your safe space?

1.01 came out after 1.5 btw

I see it in the OP but is Witch-Bot actually good? It is on sale right now for 3.59usd on Steam

nobody gives a shit about 1.01, nobody played it, WR in it is worth less than a WR in any random doujin kusoge that only gaymers and the jap who made it played it

the end

>I see it in the OP but is Witch-Bot actually good?
Steam allows refunds so just buy it and see desu.

>My brain still can't do logic
The post.
>If nobody cares about the game it stops being the hardest clear
>If Gus plays it then it's not nobody who cares
????????
???
??
?

>Stupidity achievement unlocked.

>it's a /shmupg/ talks shit about players far better than them in an attempt to undermine their achievements like a group of gossipy teen girls episode

Gus's WR is actually good though, competition or no competition.

how """"""good""""""" would it be if any of the thousands of more skilled players actually played it? the world will never know

He estimates the upper limit at about 1.4 billion iirc.
Unless they find some major additional source of points it would still be pretty good.

I'm sorry I missed it

do it dude! I know you can!

Wow, this thread already sucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=lA3B2tJPebY

average danmaku player

"I got got" - this summarizes 95% of my shmup experience

>this might be something that older people can use to keep their brains healthy
>he mistook dfk for dadregga

daddadpachi dadfukkatsu

You can apply this retard thinking to literally anything, how good would usain bolts wr be if the other 4 billion men on earth tried to!

>>it's a /shmupg/ talks shit about players far better than them in an attempt to undermine their achievements like a group of gossipy teen girls episode

This, like i said nerdling cunts are the most passive aggressive sacks of shit out, they can't remain objective and just allow someone to have an ounce of praise for their own sake and have to do this "hurrr everyone sucks bar this player who i want to suck off" crap. Basically it's the kraut cunt who fyi only plays games based on popularity and thinking it will earn him popularity points.
Anyone played much arrange A DFK here? It's pretty damn good desu I think i prefer the hypers system to the other modes quite a bit.

twitch tv/owarabi

SDOJ

And Matmouse is streaming Futari Original

>And Matmouse is streaming Futari Original
BUT NO ONE PLAYS OR CARES ABOUT FUTARI BL ORIGINAL REEEE, IMAGINE IF THE POPULATION OF INDIA PLAYED IT TO.

Right guys?

>Basically it's the kraut cunt who fyi only plays games based on popularity and thinking it will earn him popularity points.
Yes, of course, that's also why I play shmups... Hmhm Great logic you have there, chav!

Are Cave going to do another PC port or is that experiment over?

Well lets not beat around the bush krauty my old chum, the actual reason you play shmups is the ultimate hedonism to detract from being a lonely broken human being.

Sounds like you speak from experience.

Oh no kraut we have little in common, for a start i come from a loving unbroken family. Your mum push your pram across the motorway like she was playing danmaku.

>using normal shot all the time
I don't get it how in fucking 8 minutes (at the least) he couldn't learn the basic gameplay

Give it a month or two, they're busy with Gomatsu now

wtf after got a good run, now i just can't play, everything goes sucks
my current pb looks impossible for me

9th place bois

Nice lad, how many hours have you played?

93 and i think about 10 of them are from game running in background and watching superplay replays

also i feel like im not making any real progress with overall scoring because i have had 2,2 bil for 2 months now

Damn man that's that real shit nice, you've beaten kraut in like 5% of the time because you're a smarter being with more efficient practice methods.

it's only stage 1

Yeah and the same thorough approach to stage practicing the rest will result in a pb in over 50% less time, i'l put money on it.

why don't you try hard?

I love shmups!

>tfw played 120 hours and only top 30
tell me about secret score please

Happy New Year from Japan!!!

Is the Farm Garegga Stream worth watching? I watched the start and it seemed fairly interesting.I'll probably move onto Garegga when I've 1ALLed Ketsui

>Why do you think 1.5 mushi exists? It was the same story ie players complained about difficulty factors.
Do you mean Futari? Mushi 1.5 isn't much easier than Original is it?