Google's new fleet was intentionally designed to look adorable...

>Google's new fleet was intentionally designed to look adorable. Our brains are hardwired to treat inanimate (or animate) objects with greater care, caution, and reverence when they resemble a living thing. Psychological studies have been done whereby participants, when asked to harm an inanimate object, were less likely to hurt the object if it had a face. Participants in the study would happily bludgeon a potato with a hammer, unless you stuck some hair and a pair of eyeballs to the potato, at which point their moral compasses would obediently snap into place. By turning self-driving cars into an adorable Skynet Marshmallow Bumper Bots, Google hopes to spiritually disarm other drivers. I also suspect the cuteness is used to quell some of the road rage that might emerge from being stuck behind one of these things. They're intended as moderate-distance couriers, not open-road warriors, so their max speed is 25 miles per hour.

Other urls found in this thread:

theoatmeal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

theoatmeal com/blog/google_self_driving_car

Forgot the source. Frankly I can't find this piece o' shit cute. It looks monotonous and lifeless.

It has no mouth and its blank, staring expression is creepy as shit.

This is how you do a cute car.

It looks like it has a cold. Fucking stupid piece of shit what the fuck are you looking at.

Don't forget the old model. It has the "Kill me" type of looks.

should have used nc2 miatas or last gen mazda 3s
pic related could work too
hell even fiat 500s would have been better

>not even 30 fucking miles an hour
No wonder they're afraid of road rage against these shitbuckets. Even a speed limited yurocuck scooter will do 28 mph. Who thinks of this shit?

Time to bring out the heavy hitters.

MAXIMUM CUTE

oh yeah

That's not cute, especially considering the people that drive them.

Why are track specials cute?

alright
how about this?

you'd think they want them to look as aggressive as possible to intimidate other inferior cars but no

looks jewish.

>Autozam
>with a Suzuki badge

Wat

Thats not cute nor does it resemble any living creature

This 60's car car is cute

kys you fucking pleb

It's a cartoon koala.

>Participants in the study would happily bludgeon a potato with a hammer, unless you stuck some hair and a pair of eyeballs to the potato, at which point their moral compasses would obediently snap into place.

Really fucking made me laugh for some reason.

I've been training for this.

I smiled.

Mazda just swapped their badges on the AZ-1s. The design is 100% Suzuki.

Huh. The more you know.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine.

>They're intended as moderate-distance couriers, not open-road warriors, so their max speed is 25 miles per hour.

So highways and anything that isn't middle of the city traffic crawl and that car will impede traffic.

>moderate distance
>highway
When they say moderate distance, they mean city car. It's an autonomous moped with a shell.

> Our brains are hardwired to treat inanimate (or animate) objects with greater care, caution, and reverence when they resemble a living thing.

>This is what libtards actually believe.

>Google hopes to spiritually disarm other drivers. I also suspect the cuteness is used to quell some of the road rage that might emerge from being stuck behind one of these things.

Considering above mentioned and also the libcuck behaviour, yes this is what they actually believe. Just look at how they talk or react, they're bratty little kids that get agressive when something they don't like happens and in return offer hugs and buttkissing when it comes to doing their part.

It kinda reminds me of the turrets from Portal. I can totally imagine the navigation system talking with the same voice too.

>>This is what libtards actually believe.
It's true their findings are based on science

uncanny valley only wants to make me kill it more
fucking vampires
an imitation drop bear

>theoatmeal
Oh look, it's the nu male fatty with daddy issues.

I just get the urge to bully them.

Indeed.

>25mph
You can go faster than this at 16 years old with a moped

>boomers vs millenials
nice

>revenge of the neckbeard

>Teaching people to work on cars

You can't teach normies to work on cars. Learning to wrench has to come from within. You've gotta want it, or need it.

Basically, "teaching" someone how to wrench just leads to them doing nothing ever and you get stuck doing all the work. I learned more by having nobody around to help me than I ever did with people trying to show me things.

this is the most autistic picture I might see all year and it's only day 3

Lmao didn't notice the koala-resemblance. I fucking hate koalas regardless, so one more reason to hate the """car""".