/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

>What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft. We're currently waiting on the new nost server release:

NEW NOST WILL RELEASE THE 7TH OF JANUARY!

Alliance:
discord.gg/qJHXHvz

Horde:
discord.gg/qJHXHvz

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/
>warriors
>not top DPS

tags: wpsg vag wowg world of warcraft nostalrius

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11996818
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

!! ATTENTION !!

If you are planning to play on FRESH, please vote in this poll:

strawpoll.me/11996818

!! ATTENTION !!

>captcha

no thanks

reminder if you got banned you deserved it

OR

Thank you.

xth for cute undead girls

/our guy/ is so alpha. gonna get some puddi

Stop avatarfagging you waste of oxygen.

Rank 1 Rockbiter gives 29 ap.

Wtf is this busted shit, why would you replace this with flametongue?

Anyone want to level upand ERP with a qt Femgnome :3?

I'm not about to work out the exact numbers but flametongue probably does more dps anyway and fire damage isn't affected by armor

Guys I'm thinking of rolling PVE even though I've always played PVP and am good at it on retail.

I get like 350ms ping to the server which is way higher than retail (I'm an Auscuck) and nothing I do lowers it or makes it more playable... I've tried PingZapper and other stuff like that and also addons like FastCast and nothing really works.

I only started considering this by sheer luck because I started a character on the PVP server just to fuck around. I made a caster and when I got into duels with melee they would of course dance around me in melee range so that I would get the "You are not facing your target" error and my spell wouldn't go off even if by my view of things I was facing them. So it's bad enough that I literally have to guess where players that are trying to kill me are. The thing is I like PVP and ganking and even don't mind being ganked, but it's not just a gear/level difference with this ping it's like the other players have a permanent buff against me that I can never get rid of.

So here's why I'm thinking PVE.

>I get to skip PVP which is something that I have begrudgingly accepted that I cannot win at
>I can start playing on the PVE realm immediately
>PVE timeline is behind the PVP one so I'm not too late for most of the end-game content
>Vanilla racial and class balances still exist but are less significant (e.g. if I roll Horde then I won't feel pressured to never roll UD/Orc over Troll, if I roll Alliance then I won't feel pressured to never roll a lock because of WoTF)
>general comfiness

Talk me out of it please.

why are you waiting on a new vanilla private server when there will be an official one soon?

pve server is better anyway. you won't regret it, literally better in every way.

*to always roll

blizzard will put the warcraft franchise to rest before releasing legacy servers

can people stop making retarded posts like this

no one fucking cares if you want to be a retarded carebear

just play your babby mode server and shut the fuck up about it

have you followed the recent news?

Anyone else need a shotgun

can you still buy the original epic mounts on PVE?

>I'm not too late for most of the end-game content
I don't understand this logic at all. Wouldn't you rather be getting quickly geared up through MC/ZG by a competent guild before moving on to BWL, than stuck fighting everyone else in your class for mundane loot in MC for months on end?

Also from aus, btw. I know your pain. I'm glad I picked a hunter, because even with 400ping you can still get occasional juicy aimed shots on stunned targets.

yeah, best they'll do is 'pristine' servers. that's not vanilla as you claimed

>going trough the filtered message list
>gookinator
oh that's a good one

Reminder that High Elves are NOT Blood Elves.

Sylvanas is a high elf.

Currently leveling in Duskwood, are you on Alliance?

I thought sylvanas WAS a high elf

noob here

what's some essential wow lore

Yes

you have to believe user because private servers are always absolute garbage

Literally okay with all of that

friendly reminder the character creation screen is the most important part of playing wow
dont make any mistakes

>Say goodbye to your pets. All of them.

That's the most obvious sarcasm in the world.

Do you think these people will ever get what's coming to them in life, Veeky Forums? Because this is not just incompetence anymore, this is being deliberately fucking evil.

Bye

I once leveled a character to L20 before deciding that I didn't like its haircut, then started again from L1 with no regrets. You're not entirely wrong.

>that image
i hate how poors capitalize "important" words

Well, he posted a shitposter and I replied with a shitposter.

These are all positive changes

>gave my Gnome Mage the facial hair option thats gives +1 Strength, - 1 Intellect
>already level 25

FUCK

stop getting phished/keylogged like a fucking twat

>Say hello to your pets. All of them.
ftfy.

private servers are always like that, it's their server devs are always going to make money off the chink gold mafia.

Do we meet up somewhere? what's your toon's name?

glad I'm not the only one

I don't trust meetups anymore. I'll send it in the mail to your CHARACTER

Give me your name!

w-what

>"Blood elves are, biologically and physiologically, high elves." -The Warcraft Encyclopedia: Blood Elves
wew lad. Still holds true.

>Between the events of Vanilla and BC, Kael'thas returns to Silvermoon and gives his people the demon blood to satiate their magical addiction. He then fucks back off to Outland.
Wrong. He stayed in Outland. He sent Rommath an some other magisters back to Quel'thalas to teach the rest of them how to drain magic from living things and sate their addiction. It didn't change their DNA or shit like that though.
>"Ultimately, it is a matter of time before the fel-power induced green glint reverts back to the blood elves' regular high elven eyes. This process, however, may take a fairly long time." -Ask CDev Answers -Round 2

If you don't mind my strong, virile, male Human Warrior muscles getting in the way.

Who chink free /fresh Server/ here?

>hammer and not claymore

BASED
A
S
E
D

Oh okay cool

just message Doritonun he's the toon I'm on now

Nah, Aehl isn't a shitposter, just stupid.
During the debate/shitshow about flying in Draenor during WoD, he posted literal novels arguing about how he was going to quit if flying wasn't in the game, how he shouldn't have to complete achievements in pvp zones, etc.
Some people are just weird professional forum warriors.

So how much am I fucking myself if I don't take Tailoring on my warlock for fresh? I really wanna go herb/alch.

>they want to meet up
>they can't because they refuse to tell each other their names

Warcraft 3

O..

mb

>how much am I fucking myself if I don't take Tailoring on my warlock for fresh?
No bloodvine gear.

...that's about it. Not exactly the end of the world.

not at all. tailoring is a huge moneysink up until you learn a few select recipes. herb/alch is more consistent but you'll have to fight tooth and nail against the xiaos for nodes.

How long is bloodvine bis? Just til AQ? Is it a tremendous upgrade over other options?

^this.

Know everything that happened in the WC3 and WC3:TFT campaigns? You're completely up to speed.

How is Sylvanas a Blood Elf then?

She was killed and raised at a time when Blood Elves didn't exist, and didn't drink the demon koolaid.

>it's an i-forgot-my-cat-in-the-oven episode

>Just til AQ?
Pretty sure you'll be dropping all of them by BWL tbqh.

>50 priest
>52 warrior
>just need a tank and healer g-guys!

Honestly if it were me, I wouldn't even fucking bother playing. I can just barely deal with how shit the server is in every other way, there's no way I'd deal with shit ping on top of it all.

>Invite.

>We just need dps

>Invite...warrior DPS

m-maybe he was just trying to set up a group for a friend or something

but warrior deeps is big dick you cuck

What's wrong with th-
>just need healer now

>just need a healer
>group is full
>he is a priest

kill me

wait this cuck is on the pve realm lmao

Warrior deeps isn't anything special until they're decked out in epics.

>No CC.
>No buffs that main tank doesn't have.
>No utility.
>Rolls on all of the main tanks gear.

Whats not to love?

It hurts when I pull on it.

They're a fucking warrior and thus have the biggest dick?

This isn't actually a thing, is it?

who are ALL of /nosg/'s guys?

9/10 your tank is gonna be a warrior and you never wanna have two of the same class in the dungeon. Shit like that makes it very likely that one will drop out cause loot competition. Also less buffs n utility n shit.

>Miss
>Miss
>Rolls on main tanks gear

*DPS Warrior smacks lips*
So you be sayin I get dem tank loots?

WE
WUZ
DEEPS

Even in blues it's competitive, especially if you're Hordeside for that sweet, sweet Windfury.

All you need is Edgemaster's Handguards + Orc or Human + 6% hit for bosses and you've eliminated misses and glancing blows which are the biggest detractor for Warriors until threat gen becomes an issue with gear scaling.

just me

>All you need is Edgemaster's Handguards
>All you need is an item that easily costs hundreds of gold

That's only a few days of running 2man DM:E

>be alliance hunter
>an entire armor class dedicated to you
>need the leather items instead because all the mail that drops is shaman gear anyway

>DM:N farm is made impossible for hunters
>half the other classes can still do DM:E farm just fine

how do i go about gearing up my ret/reck specs? heal and pray for t2 drops? grind pvp for marshal set?

bruh

Start saving up DKP

>walking down ashenvale
>hear something go in stealth mode

is this /chink/ general?

>He doesn't know how to farm gold

Farm Essences. Sell them. Essence of Fire (Ungoro Volcano) and Air (Silithus, zone wide patrolling spawn) are the most valuable.

Farm Living Essence from the slugs in EPL, healers NEED these for the cloak craft (Name escapes me, but it's BIS pre-raid for Healers).

Farm Thorium. There's a circular path on Azshara's northern peninsula with (IIRC) 11 separate potential Rich Thorium spawns. Sell Thorium as bars or ore (whichever market value is currently higher). Convert Arcane Crystals to Bars if you can, sell bars. Otherwise sell Crystals as-is.

Azshara's northern peninsula is a literal untapped goldmine of potential farming. Easy Runecloth by the hundreds (Blood Elf camp). Easy Herbs (Dreamfoil fucking EVERYWHERE) and easy Thorium/Arcanite.

Getting gold in vanilla was easy, all it took was a small amount of time invested.

>t. Vanilla Raider with Naxx 40 kills

is playing this private server for hundreds of hours a good idea?

sorry if noob question but how do I join BG chat?

try it for an hour or two. is it fun for you? there is your answer.

Hundreds? They sell for 1000-1500 chink shekels.

They are BIS warrior dps hands random world BoE purp for a long fucking time.

i have a 60 on nost and a 60 on K2 and i don't regret either