/hbg/ - Hombrew and Hacking General

Solderhax Masterrace Edition

Last Thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7, 11.1 via b& DSiWare, 11.2 system transfer - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-freeShop was DMCA'd by logo infringement. Backup copies still run, or there's several alternatives.
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below: soundhax.com/
-Fasthax ARM11 exploit and bootrom dump announced at 33c3: youtu.be/8C5cn_Qj0G8
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card: gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
↳game compatibility list: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/fzu27acs778ggj8/psnstuff.zip
mediafire.com/file/zjtn6y2c1l8gkt3/database.rar
github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases
3dsdb.com/
pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L
github.com/J-D-K/JKSM
gbatemp.net/threads/managed-to-get-into-eshop-on-11-1-and-download-zelda-four-swords.454843/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not an argument

Nintendont on gamepad when?

not an argument

Future

O3DS with 11.0.0.33, installed Soundhax and everything necessary for DSIware downgrade via 4 Swords. Couldn't get to dxTools via 4 Swords, checked Reddit and found a thread with a likely-successful method that involves downloading another version of DSIwarehax-installer and merging it with yellow8's version.

Waited for waithax again, launched DSIWarehex-installer, and this happened. Around 16 seconds between each address popping up, same as Waithax's interval. How badly did i mess up, and can i safely just power off and try again?

Welp, this faggot is going to keep going.

In other news: Getting ready to transfer my NNID to my N3DS XL. Can't fucking wait!

>cakes

>not an argument
kek

>posts deleted
Thank you

There you go.
mediafire.com/file/fzu27acs778ggj8/psnstuff.zip

mediafire.com/file/zjtn6y2c1l8gkt3/database.rar

PS4 never ever. waiting is a meme. fuck this im updating when my copy of xenoverse 2 comes in the mail in the next few days.

hacked 3ds is the best shit ever i suggest you get your hands on Animal Crossing New Leaf it's pretty good

what's ironic is that hack devs are turning it into a PC so maybe you'll be able to install steam and finally have games

not him though, he's an unwaitfag

come on waiting is a meme
exploits for PS4 have been out for 2 years and nobody has done anything with them due to lack of interest. I blame Ps3hax for ruining the playstation scene.

Pretty much, dude. Just update and play.

You have to go back.

Is it safe to back up a 3DS SD card by just putting the files on my HD, and transferring them back after I've formatted it?

yes

what are you trying to preserve? is it hacked?

lmfao im done

4 Swords anniversary edition. Need to back up to properly install DSiWarehax. Just hangs on a white screen when i try to launch it as-is, someone on reddit with the same problem fixed it by formatting his SD card to FAT32. Gonna try it as a last resort before i completely restart the whole process.

you dont need to format for that.
go into system settings and delete the save data than start the game to get a fresh save file and then run dsiware hax installer.

Oh shit, didn't know about that. Thank you so much!

might as well go with whats been confirmed to work than bang your head in a couple times. Do what the guy on reddit said. The only thing system format does is it deletes your 3ds folder and not your entire SD card

>decide to buy a n3DS and do the DSi transfer with a CFW 3DS
>they're all sold out because of Christmas

Fuck. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to find a used one at Gamestop once kids start returning it or something.

>>undefined
wtf

we've entered an endless recursion of time

oh yea this

Some of the games I downloaded off the freeShop disappeared off my menu. I'm still able to access the games via launching through FBI, so I know they're still downloaded. Is there any way to fix this without having to reinstall everything?

I actually need to reformat the SD card through Windows, from FAT16 to FAT32(according to the guy on reddit)

And i don't think DSiWare save files can be individually deleted, actually.. I'll just backup and format.

is it just us man? did nobody else notice?

what is this

how do you launch an out of region .cia?

luma is auto region free

idk it showed up and then the thread gliched out for me

i have the whole thread twice

>3DS bootrom fault injection
We did it reddit

japanese flipnote 3d isn't working, guess i'll just go fuck myself

well before you do. try this.

github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases

install that, launch it, select the game within the app, and try setting the language to japan

Whats the best method to get Sm4sh + DLC on an unhacked Wii U?

Go to the store and buy it

how do I use NTR with patches? Do I just copy the file (which is a .cia) to the plugins path (F:\3ds\ntr\plugin)?
I'm trying to use the restoration patch for FE:Fates

ded thread
ded general
ded vita

copy it into where you set your plugins folder and it should look like this
plugin/gameid/(plugins and cheats go here)

not an argument

Aside from that

Isn't there a version of FE with the patch preinstalled?

What patch are you using?

ded

>never played much of the gba library beyond mayro, metroid and castlevania and lego island.
>all these injects on 3dsiso
>try out golden sun
>its fucking amazing
holy fucking shit why has no one told me about this. its fucking great.
after im done with this im going straight to lost age and then ill emulate dark dawn on dsmume.
its like i finally have purpose in life.

Oh, I just put the file itself in the plugin folder, without the gameid. How would I go about finding out what the id is?

I'm using a cart because I played the game before I hacked my 3DS and want the saves. At first I was just going to use HANS because I wanted the Jap Voices and it used to work before I installed Luma but now I get the invalidated icache error for some reason, so I thought it would still be easier to just use the patch with NTR. I do have JKSM, so I could just transfer the saves if I wanted but like I said, I thought it's easier with NTR. Also I'm EU, so I'd need an EU version, right? And those are hard to find for some reason.

fbi->tites or go to 3ds.titlekeys.com and look for the title id there.

quick google gave me this
3dsdb.com/
I guess I can double check with fbi, thanks

who hasn't talked about golden sun it's brought up like every time

If you are on luma it doesn't matter what region you use. Also I would recommend just downloading a restoration version of the .cia already pre built. It gets annoying to start up NTR every time you want to play FE

>have to wait until 10am irl to speak to Nook

i never even heard about it until the 3ds game came out and then i only glanced over it cause i never heard about it.
just beat mercury tower and healed the tree. currently figuring out where to go next.
its great and i love the djinn system with mixing and matching producing different abilities and attacks.

nds*

Oh shit, I missed this news about freeShop. What does "backup copies still run" mean, does that mean if it's already installed it's fine, or something else?

Freeshop is fine it was only taken down on github

>that lego
ded. but if you want to meme it up hard, add arm9, since sighax is about to make that shit obsolete.

just noticed castlevania dracula X is on titlekeys.com but titlekeys user hasnt encrypted the key yet. has the 3ds dracula X version also the full copy of symphony of the night as unlockable? really the only thing that matters to me.

nvm i was thinking of dracula x chronicles not the regular dracula x.
bummer.

Yeah, there's a reason why Golden Sun was so beloved back in the GBA days. Only reason people don't talk about it anymore is because the series has been dead for years. Unfortunately you will probably be pretty disappointed by Dark Dawn (in fact I'm not sure playing it would be a good idea since The Lost Age has a proper ending but Dark Dawn has a cliffhanger because they intended to make multiple games but the sales weren't there) but you've got some fun hours ahead of you.

It's not really like Golden Sun at all but while you're looking at GBA games you should also try Summon Night Swordcraft Story. I see that's not one of the games you played so I feel obligated to mention it.

just basically means the developers github was shut down so a legit trustworthy host for downloading the .cia was made unavailable. there's a link for downloading it in the 3DS pastebin if anyone needs it. the program still works and the titlekeys it uses are hosated on a site thats never getting taken down so everything is working.

Just got Henkaku, confused as fuck about the current state of piracy

Can Vitamin dumps be converted into Maidumps? How do I install a Vitamin dump/Maidump? Or should I stick to VPKs? I tried copying some VPKs to my Vita using QCMA but I can't see them in Vitashell 1.43 for some reason, not sure where they're hiding

And is there an easy way to prevent/detect a malware?

is there any way to transfer freeshop from my 3ds to my friend's 3ds? Like can I extract it or something?

no no point anyway you can just easily install it

Upload the cia file and give him the link

Oh okay then. Phew. I mean it wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost freeShop but it's just so convenient.

Pretty weird and random thing to do after all this time though.

How would he install it if the github was taken down? I always just scanned the qr code to install it so I don't have it saved on my computer/3ds

pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L
This has most of your questions.

For malware, the latest maidumptool detects it for you. I believe Vitashell does now too, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

link for the .cia is in the OP 3DS pastebin
tell him to download it and install via FBI

>Can Vitamin dumps be converted into Maidumps
yes
>How do I install a Vitamin dump/Maidump
maidumper / vitashell

untick unsafe homebrew in molecular shell

always try to get maidumps and use maidumper to install

>And is there an easy way to prevent/detect a malware?
only 2 brickers have happened so far, you can make games safe yourself, idk I forgot about this, look on the vitahacks reddit

you can dump a cia with decrypt9 if you want, but it's easier to just install it normally

Oh nice. Will do.

Anyone might spare a solid second of their time to shed some light on how to install CFW on a N3DSXL without downgrading from 11.2.0-35U?

>sighax is about
>sighax
>anytime in the next 6 months

praying to bismuth

You cant

Oh fuck me, well shit anyone know how i might use any form of mods or hacks on pokemon moon? Perhaps a way to downgrade without the use of another 3ds? I have a card reader and a pc and thats it.

you dont.

buy a dsiware game
turn off internet
install soundhax
wait a few months

How do I get good at Extreme Butoden?
>Baby locked behind Zassist
>noncanon characters such as Gohan SSJ4 and Broly SSJ4

ONE JOB

Whatever happened to the 3dstheme.es cia version that the guy was making?

it hasn't been released yet

still work in progress

>use the 3ds.guide website to set up homebrew using soundhax

download the JKSM .3dsx file and install it (used for dumping and injecting saves from game carts)
>github.com/J-D-K/JKSM

download Pkhex to modify your savegame

and as always read documentation and guides

gbatemp.net/threads/managed-to-get-into-eshop-on-11-1-and-download-zelda-four-swords.454843/

this might be interesting for people who had 4swords but deleted it for some reason.

you can literally download it from freeshop

>using someone else theme
I seriously hope none of you do this

yeah but you can only do system transfers if you have a legit ticket.

disregard i suck cocks

this is HUGE

POST IT ON REDDIT

CONTACT PLAILECT

WRITE A QUICK GUIDE HERE

CALL THE PRESIDENT

last thread I asked about a PSP homebrew that let's me find out my PSN password/date of birth but I can't seem to find one
someone knows whether something like that even exists and where to find it?
wololo only has a homebrew for normal or wifi passwords

NEW METHOD FOR INSTALLING REMOVED DSIWARE GAMES FROM ESHOP

LATEFAGS JUST KEEP WINNING

read it properlly this only works if you at some point already had 4 sowrds downloaded and got a legit ticket.
if you never even isntalled it at any point this does not work for you.

keyword is redownload, only good for people who got it in the past

yea i just tried and nothing my bad

kek