Best car for a NEET

I live off of SSID and SNAP but I got some money saved up to buy myself a car.

What would be a good car for my situation?

I need.
>decent gas mileage (22+ mpg)
>ability to drive in rain or snow

Other urls found in this thread:

maine.craigslist.org/i/autos
maine.craigslist.org/for/5882638915.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5935968682.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/5937395173.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AWD Subaru

Civic, thank me later

Any specific models or years you might recommend?

I can't buy a car that is valued too highly or I may risk losing my SNAP.

>

Pretty much any econobox with winter tires.

Post local Craigslist.

What year do you recommend?

what the hell is ssid and snap?

maine.craigslist.org/i/autos

Here you go.

My mistake. It's SSDI.

SSDI is welfare benefits for people with a disability.

SNAP is food stamps.

Check this out OP.
maine.craigslist.org/for/5882638915.html

2008 corolla so you can drive for Uber or something and stop being a welfare leech

Very funny but I don't live in Portland or anywhere near it.

I live close to Nova Scotia.

The absolute most bang for your buck is going to be a ~2000 LeSabre. It gets good mileage on the highway, 27-30 depending on driving style, and decent in town ~20. It's reliable, cheap as fuck to run, cheaper to fix, and will go a long way if maintained. I drove a 2000 year model over 500k miles before the original transmission gave up the ghost.

Here's an example in atlanta that would be a good buy. They won't get you laid, but they'll get you wherever the hell you need to go.

atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5935968682.html

This or if your area has it and since you're a neet, you can deliver packages for them instead. No human interaction required. Plus the requirements are more lenient for a packages.
>1996 or newer
>Two or more doors
If you do it enough you can make more than flipping burgers or bagging groceries

Buy this car now, OP.

nh.craigslist.org/cto/5937395173.html

I like how you guys all judge this person purepy because they said they're on welfare. Just because they can drive a car doesn't mean they can work. Go to /b/ if you want to shitpost based on 0 facts

I'm not judging him, it's his own life. I just meant driving for uber is a super easy job, especially if he's just doing packages. All you have to do is drive A to B

That looks great, thank you. I'll see if I can get a Greyhound ticket to go to New Hampshire.

Here's a maintenance tip for you. Change the oil every 3k, service the trans every 30k. Watch out for the polycarbonate elbows in the cooling system as they are prone to failure. I don't know how good you are at wrenching, but a ten dollar replacement set in aluminum can save you a hundred dollar tow if they decide to fail. Also, the oil pan gaskets are prone to seepage, it's more of a nuissance than anything, but it's an easy as fuck fix for 30$.

>Change the oil every 3k
Usually 10.000 miles are ok under normal conditions.

So you think he couldn't even do work that just involves driving a car, when he's looking to buy a car?

You're talking about the difference between 15$ per 10k and 45$ m. For my money, 3k isn't so bad.

If he is disabled, he can´t do it himself.

Not that user buy it's not that he couldn't it's just that getting put into a higher income bracket might mess with his food stamps.
Also it's not easy to obtain disability checks, so whatever he has is real. And it could also be something that doesn't come on all the time so if he stops beings able to work/drive and he doesn't have food stamps anymore he might get fucked.
Then again we don't know whats wrong with OP so this is all assumptions

True, but in that case it's even more important, because if he's taking it to a shop, they aren't using top tier parts. I wouldn't trust a jiffy lube oil filter for 10k. And most cheap oil places will do the job for 20$.

These 20$ oil changes are usually a scam, sometimes they don´t even change the oil at all or leave old filters on the car.

If you can´t do it yourself you should go to a trustworty shop and let them do it, not to a 20$ shop I wouldn´t even trust filling up my tires.

Regardless. With that engine, I definitely wouldn't go over 5k between oil changes.

I recommend all wheel or four wheel drive. Like an all wheel ford escape or even a 1/2 truck. The half tons might be outta your preferred gas mileage so, you could go with a chevy Colorado or something along those lines

Base model Impreza or Forester. They make cheap, somewhat reliable AWD winter beaters and parts are easy to come by because the EJ20's have some weird cult following.

confirmed troll

I didn´t look at the engine, I didn´t expect a 1960s V-6 in a 2000s car.

>shit talking the 3800

You must be new.

Get a hearse. That way you can kill yourself and they won't have to rent one to take your worthless corpse to the city dump.

>what would be a good car for my situation?

Something you can hang your worthless arse from

Don't you fellas cut yourself on that edge.

How about you hang yourself with a noose

>getting put into a higher income bracket might mess with his food stamps.
It might also mean he can afford his own food

>someone has asked for advice
>I had better suggest suicide

You have to be in a really bad place financially for SNAP debit to be worth more than $12 a month. The SSDI payments would be more substantial by orders of magnitude, and while they are not a living wage, they don't get thrown out, only reduced if you work part time. Do part time work if you can manage it OP.

>a worthless parasite on society asks for advice
>provide assistance to natural selection

I see no issue here

Fuck you, no they aren't you cheap fuck.

>Mentions 2 people that were trying to help him work and make more money
Fuck it's like you don't want him to succeed

What if he used to work full time but had his legs injured in an accident through no fault of his own and can't walk or stand worth a shit? The point is, you don't know his situation, and suggesting that he is a parasite through pure speculation is just vile.

OP hasn't returned or offered to elaborate so one can only assume he's either a lazy degen or a troll.

>I can't buy a car that is valued too highly or I may risk losing my SNAP.
What is the $ threshold for having to report to SNAP or losing SNAP?

Literally any budget sedan that is fairly new. Civic, Focus, whatever garbage GM puts out.

>10 THOUSAND MILES PER OIL CHANGE IN AN OLD SHITBOX PROBABLY USING CONVENTIONAL OIL

Ride the bus you don't need a car.

Ayo bro, where you from. I'm in Auburn.

It might be old, but I guarantee you that properly maintained, that car would give OP less trouble than anything he could get for a similar price. It is far from a shitbox. That being said, yes, 10k on conventional oil in that engine would be suicide.

just about any 4-banger truck from the 80's-90's

I don't know why, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you replied to the wrong post.