/rwg/ Rimworld General

Happy New Year and be careful with fireworks edition.

>What is Rimworld?
Dwarf Fortress lite
>New patch notes
ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
nexusmods.com/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26078.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not 2017 yet, cunt.

Speaking of fireworks
>Trying things out with Mine Tech
>Realize I can, through using an adjacent remotely detonated smart mine as a trigger, essentially setup remotely detonated chemical and nuclear mines.

Started playing this game today, but im having trouble making my settlement prosper...

I start off ok but eventually all my villagers starting having mental breakdowns, how can I create a stable village?

rate my base

Reposting from earlier what I want to see from the prison/slavery system:

You should be able designate prisoners for labour or pleasure, or both, and they would do simple menial work or get taken to bed by colonists who are in need of some mood buff.

You could make it so that you get a harsh recruitment penalty for enslaved prisoners, so you'd look at the prisoner and decide if you want to try to recruit it or not, and then either keep it in the prison or put it to work. And maybe they'd work with a -20% speed penalty or something to incendivise actually recruiting instead of enslaving everything. Also STDs, slaves sneakily arming themselves if left to roam too freely, pawns falling in love with slaves they visit often and trying to elope etc etc. Shit would be so clutch.

The fuck?

rave party/10

It is in some places you amerifat also I ain't waiting for it to actually be because I'll be fucking hammered then.

I'm not an amerifat, cunt.

should I burn it? or wait for all the degenerates to rot?

So guys which biome do you find hardest?

I'm looking to start again on the new build, but I wwant to rip my hair out, Jungle seemed more brutal than the super extreme ones (within reason) last time because witht he extreme ones once you fix the intiial shit it's not too bad, but jungles hit you with fires and disease regularly.

Check your colonists traits and moods. See what they like and hate. Too small rooms will drop their mood. Big enough keep it neutral. Spacious enviroments will get them a mood boost. Same goes for beauty. Build some flower pots so they decide to plant flowers in them for beauty. Try placing wooden floors in some rooms. Make a kitchen and order cook to make meals so folks don't have to eat raw shit all the time. Check if dummies don't wear clothes after dead peple or simply tattered, destroyed ones (below 50% durability). Order tailoring specific clothes for different time of the year. Parkas for extra minus temperature resistance (cold snaps) or cowboy hats for that extra plus temp. resist. (heat waves).

etc.

Are your colonists squatting in an eastern European slum or something?

Was this base made by a computer?

>wake-up cargo pod
>yayo cargo pod
>grizzly bear self tamed
Is Randy trying to tell me something? How effective would a drugged up grizzly be at protecting my colony from the wolves?

it's in couple of hours and this thread will be up for a couple of days

fuck off retard

>Be lone stright male in coloney of 5
>Only 1 other gay guy
>Top tier engineer and grower
>Hit on the other 3 girls
>Keep getting rebuffed
>Constantly on edge of mental break
>Gay guy hits on me
>mfw

I made a mod where squatters(space refugees) come to your land and set up little shacks,do drugs, fuck,etc.

Fucking where
Upload that shit faggot

>I made a mod where squatters(space refugees) come to your land and set up little shacks,do drugs, fuck,etc.
You are a god damned genius. Please upload the mod, i want to fire mortars at space hippies that squat on my land.

another grizzly self tamed
Are they going to freak out and wipe me from inside? How the fuck do you keep bears?

They're like big dogs, completely harmless.

That sounds fun as fuck. Are they just neutral dudes that walk around and litter your map? I'd love to try it out.

Yeah I suck at this though. I probably wont end up finishing it, but basically they're just neutral and land via space pod shitting things up. They come with drugs,addictions,pets and a few building materials. I wanted them to build little communities that you would crush,enslave or trade with but I don't know how to do any of that shit. Hopefully someone will build a better version because I don't have time for this. Pic related is what inspired this

i am thinking about getting this game. is rape/prostitution possible?

also what mods should is use for first playthrough?

>i am thinking about getting this game. is rape/prostitution possible?
wew lad

>also what mods should is use for first playthrough?
nothing

Got a raid with two tribals, they downed both bears.
A bit too harmless i think, traded them for a KPV machinegun, randy keeps dropping ammo for it on me all the time, might be more useful.

>cat ate a portion of motherfucking luciferium
Well now I have an addictcat. I have so much luciferum that I really don't mind the cat having one dose every 5 days, but there is no way to schedule it, and he won't eat it himself.

>what mods should is use for first playthrough?
Respect T's artistic vision, play a few times without mods then look around for mods that you like. Most big mods extend a certain part of the game that you may or may not like so you have to know the base game first.

Why would you make someone subject themselves to vanilla?

Looks like a perverse sex dungeon

>rich guy start
>get sick
>no one to doctor

Wew, time to another restart I guess. Its not like I want some progress or something;

Close your addictcat without food in small cellar with just some luciferium every 4days. Wall off the entrance until it goes crazy or eat the medicine.

What's wrong with vanilla?

>implying there is something wrong with vanilla
>modding the game before playing vanilla

How can people hate bugs?

No rape, no prostitution. Vanilla game is rather "nice" as far as it goes. The worst vanilla scenarios ends up something like this anons
>pic related

Some anons in here work bit by bit on some nifty mods and scenarios. Rape included but we're super early into that. For now it's mostly theory crafting and exploring the possibilities.

Well that would defeat the purpose of having a cat around in the first place.

It's just every 4th day man. You can have your insane ambrosia-addicted furball for the rest of the time chasing after raiders all you want.

it's shallow as fuck and devoid of content

also mods make the UI and management a lot better and remove some of the annoying micromanagement like having to manually turn off all the power hungry structures

>it's shallow as fuck and devoid of content

exaggeration

are you from tesg?

It's functional and you still need to learn to play and survive in vanilla before you can decide on modding some stuff in or out.

Vanilla isn't perfect and there is stuff I don't like either. It gets boring but mostly beacuse I spent on it months already and have been playing since A10 or something.

You seems to have point of view of someone with solid backlog of hours into the game.

I have a solid backlog of hours into the game and still think vanilla is fun, I think that guy is just a faggot

>mfw rape is my fetish
p-please stop toying with me anons

I've had to suppress this for over 10 years

>exaggeration

Bitch please, there's fuck all variety in just about every aspect of vanilla

>It's functional and you still need to learn to play and survive in vanilla before you can decide on modding some stuff in or out.

Fuck that noise, I did that and it was just boredom incarnate once I got past the "how do I food and power?" phase.

You should go play a different game then

Bye bye

you sound like you need every handholding/ overpowered mods for the game to feel complete to you

> I did that and it was just boredom incarnate once I got past the "how do I food and power?" phase.
maybe you should stop playing babycore?

either way you sound like a giant faggot

I type

two lines
after every sentence

>seemingly at random

because autism to justify my easy mode modded

I like the bunker at the bottom OP, though ye lads should note that steel catches fire just like wood and you should always try to make outside bunkers/defenses out of stone (deconstruct the little buildings around the map and remove the floors underneath for early materials).

>acting like vanilla is hard on any difficulty unless you get fucked by RNG before you get properly set up

>says the babycore player
>smug anime image

into the trash your opinion goes

Other user here. You do still sound like an agressive faggot though. Since this thread began I believe I can pinpoint your posts with ease. You bring nothing and shout a lot. Get fucked.

I always make one of my colonists a 16 year old warden/doctor named Joeline. She takes care of prisoners. Rewards some with drugs and punish others by cutting out body parts out. She's my lolidom queen

>hey that cough sounds bad, you should see the doc
>w..what cough? im not sick
>dont touch me im not going near that thing!!!
have you had any colonist go berserk while in the same room as that creature?

>caravan rolls through
>young one rolls into my colony into the caravan
>they all beat it up.
>I have the chance to rescue it.
this can only end poorly. should I do it?

If you want to prove your point, play vanilla ironman on Cassandra extreme and post how it goes w/ screens. Bonus points if you don't complain about muh rng

Never mind, it got back up and attacked the caravan again and they finished it off...

What is young one, some kind of boyband?

I used to build everything from wood or steel. Then one day i realized how retarded that is.
Once you go stone you never go back.

Stone is fucking everywhere, you can grab those random buildings and use the bricks to build a decent base within the first 3 days, then the chunks... There is so much stone everywhere, stronger than steel, 0% flammability.
Meanwhile, steel is needed for everything, wood is useful for furniture.

That should be the first tip the game throws at you.

Oh man, you have to manually turn off the smelter when it's not in use, how hardcore

>Bonus points if you don't complain about muh rng

>actually implying most of the difficulty doesn't stem from whether or not you get negative events at inopportune times

I mean come on

>sent from my fully modded softcore playthrough

It's a game. People play it in different ways.

But I wasn't implying that? That's the point of the game, you were basically saying ''acting like vanilla is hard on any difficulty unless you play the game before having a finished base set up to make it easy''

I knew you'd pussy out, what difficulty do you play on? I bet you reload constantly on base builder Phoebe and then complain it's too easy

so you are the nigger who thinks Rimworld is "so easy" but never plays permadeath and just plays softcore with shit like EPOE + other game plays itself mods?

play cassandra on some hard difficulty with perma ON and make it off planet if you are so good, I dare you.

>unless you get fucked by RNG before you get properly set up
Wew it's almost like that's the entire challenge, preparing for most every possible rng scenario
You won't win all of them, but you'll have to be able to succeed consistently

>That's the point of the game,

yeah and the problem with vanilla is that setting up takes almost no time whatsoever since it's so simplistic

>I knew you'd pussy out, what difficulty do you play on? I bet you reload constantly on base builder Phoebe and then complain it's too easy

have an animu face for your words

Yeah stone is the best and one of the most important things to have, I like how you don't have to research stonecutting anymore with the crash landing start so it's even easier to get a supply.

Also note wood floors don't catch fire and act like any other floor, so you can use your wood for those. Although they changed it so stone floors don't take nearly as long to build anymore and they're still prettier, so you want stone for that as well.

So after being asked what difficulty you play on and whether you play ironman multiple times you still refuse to answer, I wonder why? HMMMM.

Your claims that the game is so easy might have a tiny smidgeon of credibility if you actually played it on anything but babby mode.

>vanilla is easy
>if I luck out for two years straight and get only the easiest events and good map/peongen
No shit faggot

How do your work bills look for the stonecutter's bench? I usually just have them maintain a stockpile of like 500 of whatever blocks.

It was cassandra second hardest and I quit after I ran out of research and endgame consisted of waiting months and months for a chance to get plasteel but fucking nothing was happening (it was the patch before drills)
>>if I luck out for two years

Nigga please, unless you're on an ice sheet you can take care of survival and heat within the first couple weeks and the rest comes soon after unless the map has fuck all metal

>Oh man, you have to manually turn off the smelter when it's not in use, how hardcore

spoken like a true softcore baby, and yes, managing everything well is part of the challenge, especially without hand holding mods

if you dont turn off this smelter maybe your power will fail and food will rot, and that can have different negative results like mental breaks ect.

but you just reload when bad shit happens and claim the game is easy

kys retard

I build a tiny shack with two stonecutter tables and two tool cabinets right next to the dumping stockpile, and have another stockpile for only blocks next to it.

I just set the bills to ''any stones'' forever and suspend when I have enough. As long as blocks are being made it's all good.

looking forward to your permadeath let's play on extreme cassandra my anime friend, I'm sure getting of the planet will be a piece of cake for an Rimworld expert like you

After much prodding you finally replied Cassandra second hardest (=Intense) and what seems to be a14, but on softcore or with permadeath (being able to reload or not)?

>spoken like a true softcore baby, and yes, managing everything well is part of the challenge, especially without hand holding mods

>doing a repetitive chore over and over again is difficulty

Holy fucking shit

>Nigga please, unless you're on an ice sheet you can take care of survival and heat within the first couple weeks
Building a bunch of farms and a few shacks is not 'taking care of survival'
You need stone walls, you need defenses for all the kinds of sieges, you need tons of mood stuff like quality rooms, you need power and backup power for various things, you need roofs and clothes and stuff for the elements, and so on
hence why you're only in the clear after like two years

>managing your colony is a chore

why do you even play this game?

what are some harmless drugs anons? like psychoid tea and shit

>having to manually toggle power on and off every time you use a structure because your colonists are retards and leave the fucking furnace running at night isn't a chore

there are no words for this autism

>clicking the mouse two times after a raid is a chore
>autism as an insult

once again, why do you even play this game? are you lost or something?

I think all of the drugs can cause addictions and even ailments (looking at alcohol here), ironically I think Luciferium, which definitely will turn insane and kill a colonist if not taken regularly, has the most beneficial effects if you get a good supply (turns them into regenerating superhuman).

I just manually make them use drugs or modify "social drugs" so they dont get addicted

on default they use all the fucking time

you're literally destroying the vibe of the general with your autism triple enter faggot after every sentence

just fuck off

if you want to have close to cheat mode mods then so be it, you've justified it to yourself - but realize retard that not everyone will see it that way so just shut the fuck up and play soft core mode

Actually I forgot Penoxycyline which just immunizes against disease and does nothing bad. But no comfy teas, you'll have to get a mod if you want that (Vegetable Garden looks really good)

anyone using colony tab here?

is the threshold hitpoint still buggy?

>you're literally destroying the vibe of the general with your autism triple enter faggot after every sentence

>muh hugbox

Its easy to just not respond.
Especially to retarded weebs.

That's what general threads basically are though, you don't like it? Maybe you should go

you can go to reddit if you don't want people insulting the things you like

One of the neutral mobs in cthulhu mods.
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26078.0

So after empty opinions with nothing to back them up you're switching from buzzwords to full shitpost go to leddit mode now huh? Your smug anime images aren't even good

You know what we could really use? A 'replace wall' feature. I always start by making my compound out of wood but pretty soon after, the stone blocks start rolling in and it'd be nice to just drag and drop new walls without having to designate deconstruction on the old walls.

>insulting the things you like
but you are not insulting anything? you just stand out as a retard with garbage opinions

>being this much of a cancerous faggot

fuck off back to whatever shit hole you came from faggot, we're not YOUR hugbox retard

>played vanilla for over 3 years
>mfw I tried glittertech for the first time
Fuck you, I'm never going back. I still have nightmares about rerolling colonists for over an hour. Plus, mods actually add something to build towards beyond just leaving the planet for jaded veterans like myself.

>people are still replying to him
Shame on all of you all, you should know better.

For the rape mod guy try looking at surgery for arms and legs.
You might be able to just bruise the torso and or jaw if your lucky.

Guys I swear to god. Leave the faggot be. He comes. He whines. You answer him. He whines more. It never ends.

It's not like you are on Veeky Forums since tomorrow friends. You should know better how does shit operates in here. Anons will be anons. Faggots will be faggots. /b/ tier tards sometimes find their way to the upper floor. The less attention he gets the less reason for him is to stay around. It's as simple as that.

Happy New Year and stay safe. If you live in place where there are going to be a lot of fireworks please remember about your animals. Cheers!