/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

Happy new years edition
Enjoy the fireworks

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.civfanatics.com/threads/religious-pressure-what-is-it-how-does-it-work.467576/
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768778
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am fondling pigs

I am fond of New Years

I was playing as fanatic pacifist in this game and 200 years in I was still expanding.
I started picking up protectorates just to get more influence for sending colony ships.

You need like 40% of the galaxy to win right?
I suppose maybe I'd run out of space to colonize later on, but I could easily bait a fallen empire into declaring war on me, or wait for a disaster to open up new space for me to colonize.

>Russia piles units on units on my border
>Can't declare war other than suprise war
>Do so
>Everyone gets mad at me
Holy shit i'm just defending myself!

Stellaris Modding question :

How do i make gapaxy more sparse ?

I DONT WANT TO SEE LESS STARS ! I want huge number of stars with long distances between them.

meant to:

>Holy shit i'm just defending myself!
L I E S
I
E
S

you can edit the numbers in the map files ( inside installation folder )

I have a 2000 stars galaxy custom made

>somehow I'M the bad guy

I know, i have mod for up to 5000 stars but they are are almost on top of each other. I would want to expand the actual distance between each star.

>>Russia piles units on units on my border
>>Can't declare war other than suprise war
>>Do so
>>Everyone gets mad at me
Because world dont share you paranoia about Russians ?

aaand the price for the most spoiled fucks in the galaxy goes to this fucking bird

they can literally only live in Gaia/Ring worlds or else they only have the habitability gained by tech

oops , lack of sleep does that

>Brazil has one city
>Reach industrial age at 1500AD
>Spamming missionaries all day long
>Somehow build billions of units
Is there a "lucky nations" in this game like in EU?

Is there any way to make other empires send me their fleets to help in a war? They just stand orbiting around one of their planets jacking off.

Dang it Miller.

New DLC soon.

genemod rapid breeders/deviants and send them all over the galaxy

How the hell does religious pressure work in 5?
I have every religious building and pathon regarding that, including printing press yet my relg gets surpassed by regs from literally other continents

>NOMADIC

So is everyone playing Stellaris now?

Is EL and Stellaris the only 4X games that are still alive? I'm ok with this.
It's the only decent ones anyway.

>It's the only decent ones anyway.
>forgetting Aurora and DW

Think again man.

>It's the only decent ones anyway.
If you're a babby casual scrub, yeah.

forums.civfanatics.com/threads/religious-pressure-what-is-it-how-does-it-work.467576/

is that a video game?

I should have added "multiplayer 4X" games.

DW:U and Autismo4X is more of the other side of the spergrum.

Ha, my bad.

I played Endless Space once with my brother, it was pretty boring.

Religious buildings don't affect religious pressure.
Patheons don't either.

There are two beliefs(enhancers iirc) that affect religious pressure and one national wonder.

Otherwise it's just the amount of cities(not the city affected) that is within reach of the city that exerts pressure.

Cities outside of the pressure range with trade routes also count. And spies with an enhancer belief iirc.

Civ5 is alive
For multiplayer as well
if you want competitive games look into the nqgroup and nqmod.

Ok so whats a good strategy when it comes to Tech in EL. First Game. Do I need everything in TIER 1 or can I skip stuff

YES , save scummed like 20 times before slaving the savages and I finally got very strong pops

shame about the slow breeders , but who cares I got my uruk-hai and they praise Cthulhu

I don't understand. I got 4 cities within the range of my capital, yet my capital is turning protestant despite constant inquisitions and convertions.

I'm the only faggot left on this continent, and they're all hindus. Yet protestant infuence is rising everywhere

Show me some screenshots.

The pressure depends a bit on speed, but iirc on marathon you got +2 pressure for each city within range.
Holy city was a bit different.

Range was 10 tiles I think.
May reach beyond a continent.

user they are not for armies, they are for slavemining minerals

well it's about time people recognise my glory

>posted yesterday about finding sanctuary next door, but also kinda rubbing dicks with a militant isolationist FE
>they keep declaring war and humiliating me
>pretty much just swooping in and killing some space stations, then assassinating my emperor
>they've done it four times so far, with no sign of stopping
>fuck those squids to hell
>fortify my systems like woah
>four of the biggest battlestations around each planet with anti-armour and anti-shield weaponry and clustered by smaller anti-swarm stations
>main fleet is at most two jumps away from any one system
>capital is pretty much the great wall of space trump
>time comes again for another round of humiliations
>fuck you squids
>they declare war
>never show up

I think I did it

I built a wall in space

neat

I was working on getting Very Strong and Strong at the same time in my last game for my super soldiers.

Save scummed to get very strong on those genemod events when their planet is inhospitable.
Then I was waiting for the event that added strong to them.
Never played long enough though.

Very Strong+Earthbound is possible now and just as good though.

Mining could be their secondary job
gotta get swole during peacetime

Is the new MoO any good or should I just buy Stellaris?
I'd rather have something with meaningful tactical combat but it doesn't look like either of them is on the level of MoO2.

>my super soldiers
What's with this meme? You don't need fucking super soldiers. Every land war in game can be won by 12+ basic assault armies.

>Be you
>Have a daughter
>She has a boyfriend
>She brings him home
>Hes a pig

What do you do?

But very strong gene warriors with +25 damage addition and a good leader can land on a planet with 100% of its defenses up and still wipe out everything

with weaker armies you have to waste time bombarding

Enslave him. Forbid slaves procreation in policies. Deragulate slavery as well. Use him to increase your turnip yield.

Explain him that being a part of this family means Sharing the Burden.

eXploit him

It's a jersey thing

Does he have wifi?

> land on a planet with 100% of its defenses
But why? Invasion means that you dominate the orbit already.

>with weaker armies you have to waste time bombarding
A normal fleet ruins a big planet's defenses in time it takes the transtorts to reach the planet in question from the edge of system and pour out the armies.

If your fleet is too weak for it by the time you have gene warriors tech it means you are a scrub. Maybe it's precisely because you do waste your research and resources on armies.

>Invasion means that you dominate the orbit already.
nope

Paradox are scrapping armies in the next patch anyway because they are next to useless:^)

I want troop modules for my battleships, a-la Space Marine battle barges in wh40k.

just too much micromanagement
inb4 we get space estates with events every few days

Would pay $100 for space 4x COMANO
Or maybe im going to tip that Aurora nigga $100 when C# is done

>I want troop modules for my battleships
Same.

You could literally use the space combat for ground combat, just different modules and base types.

Would be great with some overlapping techs, and some techs with less overlap.

I would.
I would rather pay 100$ for CMANO than 60$ for any triple A title nowdays ( except for Witcher 3 and XCOM2 ).

Plz be joke.

well I read somewhere that Wiz or whoever at Paradox were going to remove troop transports. So basically your fleets will carry armies now and you don't build them separately. But this was when 1.4 just came out so nothing is set in stone yet.. But armies/land warfare definitely need work

I once, as an autocracy, had a leader with the Nervous trait for about 60 fucking years.
That's -30% naval capacity.

Should i try to conquer my neighbours to the south ?
They are just barely in range of my military ships ..
They have almost exactly 1/3 of my GDP, tax income and military strength, they haven't achieved FTL yet but im kinda hesitant of that war fucking up with my diplo standing with the rest of the galaxy ( when i find anyone else of course ).
They are humans so integration will not be difficult.

finally when the game is over I get my adamantium longbowmen

this thread always has the latest stellaris info

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768778

As a matter of fucking interest where are you meant to get the 20K Credits needed to terraform worlds into Gaia worlds?

You're supposed to get terraforming gases and liquids so the price goes down to 10k

goon get

I should get a ooc enchantment of truesight on one unit in each stack

Also that great wyrm tanked 3 doombolts and all but one of my longbowmen arrows in the first turn of combat.
They can teleport around the combat screen so it is important to get rid of it asap.

Stellaris is really addictive, but at some point I realized that it's barely a strategy game. You just click on what the game tells you to click on. There's no real decision-making involved, and how well you play the game ultimately depends on how much patience for micromanagement you're able to maintain.

he's getting rich.

Not nearly as good as his last offer though.

Last one was so special since it had magic immunity and wraithform, which are sorcery and death enchantments that I am not able to craft myself.
Invulnerability is amazing, but it is under life which I have.

>There's no real decision-making involved, and how well you play the game ultimately depends on how much patience for micromanagement you're able to maintain.
I don't know, players seem to fall under very different capabilities for stellaris, some even express surprise of how poorly or good others are doing.

That's +2 for each figure in the unit, so 2*6 extra attack in each arrows volley

There's definitely a learning curve, and for me it took a couple of dry runs before I felt competent enough to say I can play the game well enough for my own taste.

Even so, I've noticed that a lot of the variation in how well I do comes down to:

a) Whether or not I'm properly roleplaying my empire, as set up in the ethics and government type.

b) Whether or not the people who start next to me are imperialists who were able to expand early. If the badguys get mashed up, or if everyone around you is a science/trader/xenophile/etc, you can stay as soft as you want and get a huge economy without any risk.

But none of that really changes the fact that it doesn't take a high level of skill to decide which star system to send your science ship to next, switch your scientists around for anomalies, check the situation log for some new event (and then manually send the science ship back to orbit to carry out the task), build appropriate buildings on tiles, keep people from starving, etc. All this is too hard for the AI, but even on /civ4xg/ the typical person should find this easy.

How do you guys run a slaving empire in Stellaris?

Sectors seem to enslave everyone; is there a way to enforce rational slavery?

So apparently Saladin got the last GP using his ability then either deleted or never used him. The fuck is wrong with this game?

You can set a policy to enslave only xenos.

Or you can set slavery per sector, and just herd your slaves into a couple of slaver sectors.

But even if you enslave only xenos, the sector will enslave the power plants and research centers.

>is there a way to enforce rational slavery
No. AI in stellaris is horribly shitty and will probably never be usable so you should just find a way to work around it.

It's been said many, many times: if you care about micromanaging your pops to min-max production then don't sector off your systems.

Good, maybe now militarist governments will actually get some worthwhile bonuses. I always wanted a military republic but the fact all its bonuses are for armies made it a totally worthless government to go for.

That means a big, blobbing empire can't employ functional slavery.

Would be nice if you had to devote tiles to building fortifications, so you have a trade off.

Really? Source?

It can easily. When you play wide you're not supposed to fuss over every single system you conquer. You make up for the inefficiency of sector management with the sheer number of systems you control.

Lies. There's been no dev diary update since the talked about the ethics rework.

>then don't sector off your systems.
>tfw you literally have to mod the game in order for it to be playable.

It's playable, you just won't be able to min-max every world. You have to make up for the loss in productivity by snatching more systems. Your options are adapt to the shitty way the game is made now or don't play it.

You can't play tall in Stellaris, you can only play wide. This is a flaw they acknowledged and they are trying to fix it, but it's going to be a really long time before they make tall play viable. So until then, play wide.

>Your options are adapt to the shitty way the game is made now or don't play it.
Or just, you know, mod it?

Tall vs wide is a fucking retarded concept in any 4x. Wide should always be the way to play because not only it makes sense but who wants to play as some tiny ass nation? It's fucking eXpand, not sit in a corner like a little bitch

>164233035
That is some really cheap ass bait you got there user.

I'm not baiting. Are you saying that Switzerland could stand up to USA or Russia? Get your fucking head checked. This shit ruined Civ 5, which could have been great if it was about going wide.

I'm hoping for your sake you're baiting, because I really don't want to believe someone could be as retarded as to believe that there being only one criteria for a nation's power is ok.

Are you saying that the US and Russia are only powerful because they have more land? Why isn't canada more powerful than the US since its bigger? Why was Britain able to have an empire if its just a little island in the north atlantic?

I actually might complete the cybrex chain for once

I think there's a variety of mechanics you can explore about when to go wide.
Go wide in times x2, go wide in time x3.
imo the basic goal should be to go wide, but it's okay to benefit from going wide later, or perhaps a niche thing like occ should be possible.
The basic game mechanics shouldn't be there for occ though.

Lucky you, i found their homeworld without even getting a single cybrex artifact

The US has the best farmland in the world, some of the best natural ports, and major natural resources like oil. These aren't all in the same place, and so America's prosperity is based heavily on its size.

Russia has one significant 'tall' city, a geographically important port, and huge swaths of resource-rich land. A small Russia would just be Belarus.

Canada may be technically big, but it's mostly just uninhabited tundra. This differs from Russia in that Canadians are politically unwilling to forcibly develop the oil there.

Britain's dominance happened in an era where any country that was heavily invested into naval power could dominate primitives all over the world. England in the 16th century could sort of be categorized as 'tall', but I assure you, the British Empire was quite large.

A good "tall" country example is germany in WW1-WW2. Where a tech advantage secured them a near-win on multiple occasions against heavily outnumbered opponents.
In fact WW1 can pretty much be described as "a series of unfortunate events" because both sides got really fucking close to just winning the war on multiple occasions, but one thing managed to just fuck up.

I find nabbing independent colonies to be lucrative in DW. Just land a few troops on the colony. You could build a colony ship but that shit is way more expensive than just dropping three or four battalions onto the surface. The colony takes a happiness hit from being invaded and you empire reputation doesn't take kindly to it either. The unrest is very short lived, especially when you share species type.

That's a good example. Notice, though, that the point of these wars was that the participants didn't really want to be tall. More land means more manpower, which is a bottleneck militarily and economically. With industrialization, it also means more natural resources.

WW1 in general was just a fucking embarrassment all over lets be honest.

the us performed well, but they weren't there for most of it and it was overseas so meh

>germany in WW1-WW2. Where a tech advantage secured them a near-win on multiple occasions against heavily outnumbered opponents.
I'll give you WW1 but WW2? Germany could certainly have hoped to win and even taken over Russia and England. But if Germany had still been fighting by 1945 regardless of what grounds they gained Berlin would have had an atomic bomb dropped on it.