As far as winter driving, what's more important drive type or tires...

As far as winter driving, what's more important drive type or tires? Would a fwd with true winter tires be better than awd with all terrain? Generally speaking

No, FWD is still FWD. Sure it would give the car better grip, but FWD = FWD.

Tires are the most important. Awd or fwd just makes it easier to get moving, but you'll still ram sideways into a tree when you turn and skid three blocks when you brake unless you buy good winter tires.

more of op butt

AWD would be better. AWD would only suck with summer tires. I'd rather be dead than ever owning a fwd ever again.

That's enough for you silly boi ;)

No but that's all I have I wish there were more

Winter tires are more important. AWD won't help braking or steering.

Well there's a 01 prelude for sell in my area I was thinking of putting on some good winter tires and being done with it. I have a awd but the tires suck so that's why I'm asking

Not true I have done two winters on summer rubber in my WRX. I will admit its not fun but easily doable. at 40 or less they turn into hockey pucks till you get rolling and warm them up a little. in the snow the tread just packs in the snow so its like driving on bald tires. If you just remember these things you can do snow on summer tires. Just not fun or recommended. It probabily also kills the tires faster because the compound doesn't like the cold.

>New Year's Resolution: No fap 2017
>This thread

God dammit, only 3 days in and I'm already close to failure.

Depends on where you are

Some places you can do just fine with any tires on any vehicle, some places you can do fine with just AWD, some places, like mine, you need proper tires, while in the worst of places you may need 4WD aswell as winter tires

Was fapping when it turned 2017.... so..

I'm a pretty decent driver in the snow but when I switched to another car with worse tires, I struggle much more to handle my shit

tires are very important

>Well there's a 01 prelude for sell in my area
I drove an '00 Prelude through several severe snowstorms, it was my daily for a 50 mile commute for a few years. Good winter tires are all you need, and they make a huge difference compared to anything else. I had Michelin X-ice tires mounted on the stock wheels..

Back in '08/'09 when Seattle had it's "big" snow storm, I was driving a 2002 BMW 540iT - lowered, on summer tires (Toyo T1R, because they were free). Ended up pulling a couple SUV's out of the snow, too. It's amazing how much grip you get when you go from 33PSI to 20PSI in the rear tires.

Tires make all the difference.

I bought some Toyo snow tires for my '13 Si, and this car is unstoppable in snow. These things bite well in deep powder, hardpack, and do decent on ice.

I thought it was a meme until I bought a set, trust me. Snow tires made today are very well engineered.

Nice I was considering those same ones, x ice xi3 I think

What about in dry cold pavement? How much of a difference do winter tires make in that case? By cold I mean 45 degrees or lower

You're retarded if you need special tires for any dry condition.

Yes, no, maybe. It all depends on conditions.
But generally speaking, an AWD car will always have the advantage over an FWD car if both have similar tires.

You don't need them, but if you already have winter tires mounted for the season, they will perform better than all-season or summer tires in dry weather. Especially the summer tires.

Okay Mr advanced driver, this thread isn't for little kiddies like you

Pavement rarely stays dry below 45 degrees, specially not below 32.
But to answer your question, the difference is very noticeable since winter tires are soft and grippy even in freezing temperatures. Summer tires usually turn hard and slippery outside of summer temperatures.

Winter tires are constructed so that at around 4c/39f is where they start outperforming summer/all season tires, as these typically have a rubber composition that starts going hard and loses its grip at around those temperatures

In those temperatures, on dry pavement, you will still notice that you're lacking quite a bit of grip from your summer/all season tires as their rubber simply cannot grip to the surface as well

Tires >>>>>>>>>> everything else

You literally can't stop masturbating for an entire year, it's impossible. You'll get ball cancer or other complications. A month is a better goal, and do-able.

Can't you post a non-nsfw OP pic you worthless faggot?

winter tyres is most important.
Drivetrain doesn't matter.
Wether in your shitty ecobox you use to get to work or back or you're in an rwd midship or an awd turbovaper doesn't matter.
All it means you'll be either bored, having insane amounts of fun or being king on the track, respectively.
Winter tyres is by far most important, followed closely by a brush/window scraper and jumper cables.

Are winter tires for winter in general (cold temperatures) or only snowy places?

>Wanting rusty semen in your ballsack for a year.
Enjoy prostate cancer, erectile disfunction, low test and blader infections.

Define what you mean by "cold temperatures"

Isn't that what wet dreams are for? Stop fapping long enough and you'll be fucking bitches once a week in your sleep..

>have FWD car
>have winter tires

Always the fastest on the road during a storm.

110km/h on highway full of snow. LMAOing@your life