Americans are actually dumb enough to pay extra for a rebadged Honda

Americans are actually dumb enough to pay extra for a rebadged Honda.

>ILX
Civic
>TLX
Accord
>RLX
Accord
>MDX
HR-V
>RDX
CR-V
>NSX
NSX

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wk76ES2T0oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FKr-n1_SQ5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You got source on that or are you just a fucking faggot ass bitch

Europeans are actually dumb enough to pay extra for a rebadged Volkswagen.

>Audi A1 to A8
VW Passat

The HR-V has like half the HP of the MDX.

The ILX seoarates itself from the Civic with the standard 2.4L K24, and the glorious 8 speed DCT that you can't get in any Civic anywhere

The A3 and TT are closer to the Golf than the Passat

>NSX
>RLX

Well, when Honda refuses to sell the Honda-badged versions in the US so there's not much of a choice if you want these cars.

Also,
>>RLX
>Accord
>>MDX
>HR-V

wut.

Not him but the ilx and tlx are based in the civic and Accord frame respectively and the mdx is based on the crv aswell

Acura only makes a fee cars that aren't based on anything like the rlx

So it's an automatic civic si?

Pretty much, it also comes in manual

Imo it's not worth the extra 5k for a little more hp over an si and a fancy tranny

>Americans are actually dumb enough to pay extra for a rebadged Honda.
The same could be said for Ford and Lincoln or Nissan and infinity or Toyota and lexus

In other words you're a faggot ass bitch

Fucking talking shit about Honda and Acura I will end you

You went from 0-mad in 3.8 seconds

The 6 speed manual was discontinued in after the 2015 model year. 2016 was a complete refresh. The 2.0L R20 engine and the 1.5L hybrid were also killed off.

nd that DCT Acura uses is a fucking thing of beauty that completely changes how it drives. Most DCTs are very jerky at low speeds. Not Acura's. They added a torque converter between the engine and the DCT in order to smooth things out.
youtube.com/watch?v=wk76ES2T0oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FKr-n1_SQ5M

The MDX is a full size crossover based on the platform that underpins the V6 Accords. Nothing to do with a CRV or HRV as OP suggests.

the (euro) passat is a golf now

If Toyota doesn't need to rebadge to make Lexus why does Honda?

Hondafags btfo.

Spotted the asspained ricer

>implying Toyota never rebadged Toyota's as Lexii.
Toyota Harrier
Toyota Celsior
Toyota Altezza
Toyota Soarer
and many others.

nice try, acura marketing team

Are acuras only sold in the us?

and Canada. Canada has acually gotten certain Acuras no one else has, like the Acura EL.

Canadian Acuras also come with extra shit that American ones never did, like headlight washers were standard on older MDXs

No shit, did not know that.

I was about to say something but then I realized you were listing the Lexus models rebadged for Japan, kek. Didn't say never, the ES was an Avalon once upon a time, but the only thing they've reused in the last several years was drivetrains.

ES is an Avalon now, it used to be a rebadged Camry in the past

Canada
Russia
China
Middle East

>paying extra for different, superior engines, transmissions, hardware, cosmetics, and over-all build quality

What a crazy idea, who would do that? It's not like Acura is taken seriously as a luxury brand, so you're not paying 3 or 4 times the money.

They are very nice Hondas with a reasonable mark-up to account for the higher quality.

They are sold as Honda and not overpriced in every other country.

>tfw no classy, but relatively modest modern acura coupe

Except they aren't.

Even if, say, the ILX was nothing more than a rebadged Civic, a Civic with all the options than an ILX comes with will run you the same price as an ILX. You aren't paying significantly more just because of the badge.

The only confusing part about buying an Acura is spending the money on a very nice Honda when the bottom end German brands have vehicles in the $30-40k range that are simply better.

True, but some of those were designed specifically for the American market and sold as Lexus chiefly the Harrier, Celsior, and Soarer. They were rebadged as Toyota in the JDM simply because the Lexus brand didn't exist in Japan before 2005.

Dubaifag here. We don't have Acuras here. The only Acuras we have here are the older ones that got imported from the US or Russia but the numbers are a very minority.

I guess Kuwait has a few Acura dealerships but the sales there are very less.

I've been to Saudi Arabia like last year and saw a 2017 NSX in front of a Honda dealership. Not sure if that was a Honda or an Acura.

But with Lexus it was JDM toyotas that could not be obtained in the USA. Nowadays I couldn't tell you but I'm pretty sure they have their own platforms

Acura's are pretty comfy senpai, nothing wrong with a comfy honda

That said they will never be respected as true luxury brand until they come out with a competitor for the LS or S-class

Why is the RLX so expensive?

The problem always comes down to price vs the Honda.

For $31k I can get a loaded, absolutely gorgeous V6 Accord Coupe manual (or automatic for no extra, if you really wanted). Or I could pay $35k for a TLX with 10 more hp, no option for a manual, no option for a coupe, exhaust is hidden for no fucking reason, and strangely enough the interior actually looks slightly less nice looking. $37k if you want AWD, which is the main reason you're going to consider one over a Honda.

The TLX is still really fucking sexy with good wheels, tho

In some cases it was literally Lexuses getting rebadged for JDM sale. The Altezza was a rebadged IS, not the other way round.

why would you want a fuly loaded accord coupe?

It just comes that way if you get the V6.

This problem is recent with the TLX. An Accord V6 EX-L couldnt compare to a 6MT SH-AWD TL but the TLX is just not as good as it could be. The 6MT TYpe S could beat an IS350 around the track, it kept up with its competitiors. The Q and IS are just better, faster cars nowadays while the TLX is a recession. It would be fucking awesome with some nice wheels and 50 more hp though. ANd an exhaust thats not hidden.