/msc/ My Summer Car General

>Last time on 'My Summer Car'...
New upgrades, New Rival, The return of Eurobeat, and a Christmas present.
Old Thread: >What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.

>In-depth Guide
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO

>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

>Skins and images
satsuma.booru.org

>Tunes
Vice City Vrock broken into chunks with clean cuts.
my.mixtape.moe/qhgwsl.7z

>F-f-flash FM, music for the ME generation!
my.mixtape.moe/reptzo.7z

>Softwares
CheckMyBolts.exe
mega.nz/#!jRcHkD5b!Z7dzqdsKT4KM10PiypTC2vCJGauib_DDVu3Kzb9_7xA

MySummerCarSaveEditor.exe
mega.nz/#!mdVmmDpA!hqaof_wYbpRhuNy33X42zJdQiQIJn69PsML8l4AkaT0

Muffler Mod(requires latest update)
mega.nz/#!IkRBTK4C!4XhUzcV6GL_EdbXb6IE0HJerDoBGrb3xKOTl3FVUT_0

bump

Are we back? I thought perma death was on...

Lets try not to die this time.

That, or someone moves the general to Veeky Forums, which is slower.

I thought we'd agreed on /egg/?

>Use the car jack to lift up the car
>After a while, car slides off
>Now I suddenly can't bring the car jack down or move it

Perkele

Never use the jack. The car can be fully assembled on the ground without lifting it up (or damaging it). Tires can be changed without lifting it. You can throw the floor jack and the little jackstand in the lake.

Adding to if you feel like lifting the car, use Kekmet instead. If you haven't mounted the engine in Satsuma, the center of gravity is in the middle. If you've mounted the block and most of the parts, the point shifts towards the engine bay. Once you the hang of it it's much easier than using the jacks. You can lift it much higher too, to get that authentic workshop immurshun.

Thanks, but now I have a new problem.

I pushed the car into the garage after I got the wheels on, but it when to the side and now half of it is stuck in the hole in the middle.

Saatana.

Tow rope on rear, pull 'er out.

Too late, I used the magical power of beer boxes to glitch the thing into place.

Beer really does solve any problem.

Waiting for the new year, mom getting shitfaced on wine.

Wish I was home driving Satsuma and drinking peer.

>/egg/
>well you aren't engineering
>/simg/
>well you're not really a simulator

Also /egg/ has been having shitfits over what is and isn't /egg/. There's also /indie/ but it's mostly 2d/isometric games. Either it's ded or /ovg/.

I feel Veeky Forums would be the be choice. They allow Veeky Forums-related vidya, right?

In the /ovg/ thread, yeah.

After reading the /egg/ OP I feel you might be right.

>The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks

I'm fine either way. Is /ovg/ still up? A core of dedicated msc posters could probably keep it going since Veeky Forums is a slower board.

Would we have to stay in /ovg/, or could we just make our own general there? I think we would have enough to keep a general alive on Veeky Forums.

Probably won't be allowed our own general t b h. They have /ovg/ for a reason, to contain random game threads.

Besides, we might get some new blood out of it.

egg has the thing about blocks in the op because they used to be space voxel game general after corneroids general died. there are tons of non-block games "in" egg, you just typically don't see any of them in the thread besides factorio because they don't follow the autistic single-player construction mindset that most eggineers have. We unequivocally meet the primary requirement for egg which is that we are dead.

>could we just make our own general there?
I don't think Veeky Forums would appreciate

So what should we do at /ovg/? Just say "Veeky Forums is too fast for us, so we're moving here."?

>be me
>buy factorio
>nerd out for like 60 hours straight
>launch rocket
>feels good man.jpg
>wtf am I doing
>picking virtual garbage up when stuff breaks
>the combat is terrible
>why am I playing this?
>feels bad man.jpg

>>Veeky Forums16407958

>one job

How the fuck do I find the My Summer Car folder in windows 10? Also I just got a new laptop and my game still runs like shit with the all the additional settings. how fix?

I obviously failed over there too, lol.

>/mscg/ is dead
>MSC is "just another goat simulator" for /v/
>Veeky Forums is shit
>/ovg/ is shit
>there is no escape

There's a chance we can keep our own general on Veeky Forums alive.

>tfw no Peugot 205
I really fucking want mod support so people can bring back some of those great cars from the 80s and early 90s

>so people can rip models from Need For Speed and give us potato superphysics

Seriously sick of 99% of car game "mods"

Looks like the consensus (based off of 1 post) on Veeky Forums is that we should go to /ovg/. I agree. Shall we just start posting there when this thread gets archived?

The thread on Veeky Forums seems to be fine, lets just keep up the thread there and do that, if/when we get forced to go to /ovg/ we can go there.

RIP /mscg/, you will be missed.
[F]

Now that we're split between Veeky Forums, /ovg/, /mscg/, and /egg/, I expect some very lively discussion. Nice work.

I say not until this thread dies. And I seriously doubt Veeky Forums moderators will tolerate us having a speshul snowflake thread. Best to migrate to /ovg/ at once when the time comes.

I'll be on /egg/, bumping their dead thread with /msc/ content. Seeya!

The thread is now split

Death

F

It died last night. This is CPR and an ambulance ride. I think our best shot is on Veeky Forums. These people who game have FFB wheels and shifters and such.

I agree. Will be going to ovg

It was fun while it lasted, guys

Perkele.

I'll miss you.

>FFB wheels and shifters and such
I don't understand why this matters to us. There's no content and the driving itself isn't particularly good, if I had a wheel and stick and pedals I sure as hell wouldn't still be playing Finland Simulator.

It's like War Thunder. People play because you can use M+KB, they get interested and buy a stick+headtracking to "move up", and then they stop playing War Thunder because once you own the controls there are a dozen better games to play.

Spoken like someone playing on a mouse and keyboard. The dev plays with a G27, and the experience is superb.

desu I'm going to keep playing until I get to ~5 minutes on the rally and then I really don't think there's much more to do; I don't see how this is different whether you're playing with a $3k sim pit you built or $10 generic M+KB. All that's left is speedruns and memeruns, most of which involve building the car which you're going to do with a mouse regardless.

So is this ded?

Anyone have that complete map showing where everything is?

The one on the wiki is fine except I noticed that it doesn't have all the towable car hulks that Fleetari will pay for you to tow to his shop, so I marked those (I've never bothered to get the one by town so I don't know exactly where it is, I think it's in one of the barns).

space is fun
squad is fun
kerbal is fun

>The thread is now split

It wasn't my intention, sorry

vittu

Bumping this thread for stragglers.
From now on, if you want to talk about My Summer Car Kameh, do it in /ovg/.

bump

rip