Steel for winter, alloy for summer

Steelies, always

aircraft-grade forged aluminum

>wheels worth more than most cars

shame they are wasted on nogs now

This guy gets it.

alloys for winter, alloys for summer
>steelies are for poorfags who are bad drivers and curb their wheels

yep because fucking around with a seize alloy is super fun at -27 degrees.
And when road side assistance is 8-12 hours away, ya get your own hands dirty fixing the flat.

This tbqh, I never buy steelies anymore, even basic alloys look better than poorfag steelies.

anyone who says steel is trying too hard or has extreme shit taste

Alloys for track and street, steelies for innawoods and work vehicles.

steelies for winter
steelies with my wire hubcaps for summer

Alloy; lighter wheels means less unsprung weight.

Steel for no homosexual urges

>lives in a place that is inhospitable to life
>complains
git gud

winner winner, alloys all year. They weigh less, give better acceleration and fuel mileage, and can be got with exotic offsets that custom steelies can't be made in.

Steelies have a place, mostly learning to drift and race, because you're going to go through a lot of alloys.

>-27 degrees
The wheel isn't the issue, you live in a shifty place.

I've never had problems with alloy wheels even at around those temperatures. What do you mean by "seized"?

>own a pos shitbox
>have expensive-ish alloys

At least Veeky Forums has its priorities straight

sometimes aluminum alloy wheels will seize to the steel in the rotors, making it a bitch to change a flat. I think it has something to do with oxidization, which is not helped by the salt and crap used to deice roads.

the cold doesn't make them seize it is just an extra pain in the ass to deal with when you are freezing your nuts off.

youtube.com/watch?v=H7PWwrcGREM

wow, yeah so hard to just give it a good firm kick and knock it loose.

>worked in a tire shop for years
>we had a bitch sledge hammer for pussies that couldn't kick them loose

Yeah this happened to me once on a rental in Michigan winter once. Luckily I had my boots so after some hefty kicks the little shit popped off the rotor.

can you just hit them with a hammer?

Ah, like that

One of the reasons I carry a proper breaker bar instead of the shitty wheel cross. Never had one I wasn't able to break free, but I'm a relatively strong, fat guy so not many lug nuts/bolts will withstand the might of my tard strength and jiggly parts

>steel isn't an alloy

What am I reading?

Ah, like that. I thought you were on about the lug nuts for some reason. I've always been able to get them loose with a good kick, but I have encountered wheels where I was close to summoning Lovecraftian horrors to assist me.
For my own wheels I'll use a tiny amount of some spray grease where the wheel touches the hub, spread out thinly with some paper. Since I started doing that they come off smooth every time I swap between winters & summers

As for lug bolts/nuts; one of the reasons I carry a proper breaker bar instead of the shitty wheel cross. Never had one I wasn't able to break free, but I'm a relatively strong, fat guy so not many lug nuts/bolts will withstand the might of my tard strength and jiggly parts

How hairy are you?

This is also important to know.

>I want lighter wheels in the snow

Cant grow a beard worth shit tho

just as I suspected

>been changing tires on the road side with my quarter inch rachet for years
>full body of hair including beard

I recognize your superiority.