Ford announces it is canceling plans for new $1.6B plant in Mexico; company to invest $700M in Michigan plant expansion

Ford announces it is canceling plans for new $1.6B plant in Mexico; company to invest $700M in Michigan plant expansion

Where we're you when Ford made the right decision?

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/ford-cancels-1-6-billion-plant-in-mexico-to-make-inves-1790710697
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

G O A T
O
A
T

Based Ford.

Link?

gm btfo yet again

IM SO PROUD OF YOU FORD

USA
USA
USA

WHO ELSE /stillnottiredofwinning/ HERE?

i'm going to die of laughter if hillary tries to run in 2020 again

Didn't you support the fuck out of Shillary?

>jalopnik.com/ford-cancels-1-6-billion-plant-in-mexico-to-make-inves-1790710697

>only 700 jobs
>the Focus will still be built in an existing Mexican plant

nice victory there

two sides of the same coin

>wanting mexican-built electric cars
Unions might allow shit workers to keep jobs but at least they're better than Jose.

So ford knows trump is going to tank the economy and saved itself a billion dollars?

>trump and hillary
>same coin

You literally know nothing

They are though. With Hillary the difference would have been more gender/race bullshit and with Trump the difference will be nationalism bullshit.
Everything else is the same.

>You literally know nothing
Did you expect anything else from someone who does literally nothing else than shitposting on this site?

>expecting a gay underage nigger who spends every waking hour on an anime image board trying to """""""""""""get back""""""""""" at GM to know anything

now watch getting called buttmad gm fangirls by him and later get a "stay btfo" to your reply

>the truth hurts so much you resort to ad hominems
lol

>hey guys these two things are exactly alike except for these wild differences i mentioned and a ton I didn't mention

We will keep him here forever :^)

>buy a car made by mexicants
>buy a car made by northern negros

choices...choices...

lel

>Their supervisors are white
>If they fuck up they immediately get the boot unlike down in Mejico where they don't give a shit
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Except that arguments about nationalism usually end up bettering the people of the nation in question.

oops! i forgot one.

>Fords now build by unionfied niggers and fat rednecks instead of spics
What fucking difference does it make other than increase costs?

>immediately get the boot
and gets replaced by another negro

Niggers and fat rednecks pay taxes in america you retard

Ford are in financial shit so they have been forced to cut 900 million dollars in investment while trying to make idiots think its a good thing.

Pretty awesome move desu. Now I can look forward to a diesel Bronco and a Hybrid muscle car DD.

I can't help but think however that Trump had nothing to do with it. Ford was initially going to build a new plant in Mexico for Focus and Hybrid production. Now however as the First is leaving the US/Mexico market due to low sales they're simply going to build the Focus in the Mexican plant currently building the Fiesta and the Hybrid sedan will be built in their other Mexican plant which currently builds Fusions. They then get to pocket the money that was going to a new plant and use it pour more into far more profitable truck and performance vehicles. This is awesome news regardless, but it's still a little deceitful since they're still building those cars in Mexico anyways.

>Hybrid Mustang making more torque than the V8

This is going to be about 1/5th of all cars sold in the bay area.

>forcing negroes to actually work
>a bad thing

1st gen ZX3s and ZX5s used to be made in Mexico while the ZX4 was made in America.

Ford continues to make me happy
Remember when they didn't take the bailout money and still made greater sales gains than any other us automaker by actually making nice cars?

trumptards everyone

>implying Ford was not anticipating a Trump tax

Ford changed plans EXACTLY because of Trump. Don't kid yourselves.

Also Ford CEO is a Democrat SJW of course the CEO would not give credit to Trump.

Also:

>NBC News

sure thing Cletus

btfo

>yfw corporate america will kill him

>Ford decides it will manufacture the Focus in an already established factory in Mexico instead of building a new factory in Mexico
>Ford announces it will produce a hybrid Mustang and a hybrid F150
>The F150 and Mustang aren't built in Mexico
>Ford is still moving the Focus production to Mexico

How is this a Trump victory?

>mexicans
>northern niggers
I'll take Mexicans having worked with both. The Mexicans may be filthy drunks, but at least they kind of make an attempt.

The niggers literally show up whenever they feel like it and make no attempt whatsoever. However they have stellar deals on uppers.

This, though truth be told both are capable of doing good work if they're not ghetto trash. Unfortunately the majority of them are raised with that mentality.

The market demand is BECAUSE of Trump, you fucking shit head.

I didn't vote for Trump and I am not a big fan of his by any means, but call a spade a spade. Trump's incoming presidency and strong anti-NAFTA stance and zero tolerance of US jobs going to other countries and beef with Mexico in particular caused the market to shift.

Claiming, 'it is just the market' is like saying the reason I got into a wreck was because physics. It is true, but bullshit at the same time and omits the main details.

From my experience, the Nigs that hold jobs higher then Mcjob tier are actually pretty good workers

>Ford says they are holding the remaining 900million to deal with the eventual labor disputes started by the union

Lots of uncertainty in Mexico right now since fuels went up %20 over the already inflated price.

Rather than moving larger amounts of production overseas by building a new plant, Ford decided to utilize capacity at an existing plant. Ford took the car that was selling poorly (the Focus) and moved it to Hermosillo because they have spare production capacity. Meanwhile, as more expensive models built up in demand, they decided to update a plant in MI and keep the jobs there rather than building a new Mexican plant.

The world ain't perfect and automation is going to eat a number of jobs, combined with globalization. But moving Focus production to mexico is a safe bet. Hermosillio has the production capacity anyways, and the cars have far less value (taxes, etc.) within the US vs. other models produced domestically. Ford is basically re-tooling Hermosillo to make a cheaper car that won't hurt as much if sales continue to fall and/or Trump re-negotiates NAFTA to make import less favorable.

It had nothing to do with Trump. Shut your face! We made our own decision! Trump doesnt influence us at all! Go Away! Liar!

>Lowest gas prices in a decade
Clearly Americans aren't buying small cars because of Trump.

>Michigan
Retards