My car got a boot on it, what's the best way to get this fucking thing off?

My car got a boot on it, what's the best way to get this fucking thing off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fC4uhOxHqk8
pastebin.com/JEctWLJy
youtube.com/watch?v=5RXtlhqZ-7Y
independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-8758046.html
forums.nicoclub.com/now-with-conclusion-audi-owner-gets-booted-and-is-sticking-it-to-them-t346387-150.html
forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4643489-DOLLY-MAN-CONCLUSION
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

By not being a stain on society.

reciprocating saw should handle it in 30 seconds

How do these actually work so they're tamper proof?

Don't do this just pay your tickets that fucking boot costs a lot if you damage it they already have your license plate on if

Just floor it, It'll come off.

>hyundai accent

m8, both the clamp and the tool needed to unfuck the clamp is worth more than the car is. Otherwise, what said

>reciprocating saw
Not powerful enough

I've cut some pretty thick metal with a sawsall before. I had to buy some decent blades though.

>remove nuts every time you park somewhere
>get a boot
>take off wheel and replace with spare
>drive away

Can you do this?

No, it clamps around at the back of the wheel too so you can't take the wheel off

Fuck.

>getting clamped

l2park fucking baka

Yes it clamps around the back of the wheel but if the wheel is just sitting on the studs you can pull it off.

Maybe he means it clamps to the brake discs as well.

I've got one of these under the back seat, and if that doesn't work, I've got a mini oxy-propane torch set that gives about 5 minutes of cutting time, also conveniently under the back seat.

You should be more prepared OP

>not having an adjustable air suspension
can't put a boot on this :^)

as much as i hate stancefags, he has a point

city/state aren't responsible for any damage incurred while getting booted

This, just buy a different hooptie

What are you implying? They would have to get a saw. And they don't Cary one around.

>he doesn't simply park properly, and then thinks he can at least morally correct the misstanding by creating yet another obsctruction

Can they even boot something like this?

what's the point of boots?
>car parked in no parking zone blocking fire hydrant
>make sure car can't move and keeps blocking hydrant
why don't they just tow and impound the car?

Typically, that's the point. They boot the car and call a tow truck because it can sometimes take a while for the truck to get there.

Come tow my wheel

Pay up, and learn to stop parking like a cunt.

Sure, if they let the tires down first.

>I will render your car inoperable and if you remove the device I put there, you'll have to pay for the damage

Is it legal to remove your plates after parking?

no, but you better hide your vin number too

My friend had missmatched vins on his dash cause he swapped his interior, fuckers towed his car, jimmy opened the door, fucked his door cards, just to look at the vin on the B frame.

>you parked on my property and did not follow my dumbass rules

isn't the owner in jail for a variety of reasons anyway?

Only in Americlap.

>yfw stance is actually functional

>My car got a boot on it, what's the best way to get this fucking thing off?

This video shows how one woman driver removed the boot off of her BMW wheel. She was at an audition for the Bad Girls Club in Houston. She got booted and pretty soon a crowd appeared to see her remove the boot.

youtube.com/watch?v=fC4uhOxHqk8

The crowd was cheering about beating the Man when she got rid of the boot. Is that how it works in Houston? I guess the H/o/uston Meet group would have a better idea of what a "Bad Girls Club" is about.

Yes. My friend with a lifted jeep got booted. He just drove off of the boot. They tried threatened to fine him for damage to the boot. Never heard the rest of the story. I guess they dropped it. Still had to pay the ticket though because they have your tag

angle grinder

use it just below your chin

wait until 2am with fuck all traffic
get a trolley that can support the weight
jack up wheel
put the trolley under it
get a mate to tow you if you can't get there under your other wheel
drive home, park it in garage
tell them to come get it when they want it

they'll just slash the tires, yeah

/thread

Exactly. How the fuck do you plan on getting away with this, unless the car is registered to a strawman or some shit?

And what happens if they find no boot? Fucking brownies wrote down the wrong license plate.

Nothing at all. Removing the boot isn't punishable by law. But they may charge you a shit ton of money if you break it. All in all, just pay the damn ticket.

I thought everyone had heard this story by now:
pastebin.com/JEctWLJy

Diablo 1" I beam blades will make short work of the boot.

They're about $8 at home depot each. Or an angle grinder with cut off disks.

Just read through the whole thing. What ends up happening to the guy? The fact that the last update was made by someone else suggests he's in jail

god niggers are useless drains on society

Call a scrap metal company to come pick up your car, they'll give you about 300 plus that boot is extra metal which is about more than what your cars worth anyways

>This video shows how one woman driver removed the boot off of her BMW wheel. She was at an audition for the Bad Girls Club in Houston. She got booted and pretty soon a crowd appeared to see her remove the boot.
>youtube.com/watch?v=fC4uhOxHqk8
>The crowd was cheering about beating the Man when she got rid of the boot. Is that how it works in Houston? I guess the H/o/uston Meet group would have a better idea of what a "Bad Girls Club" is about.
youtube.com/watch?v=5RXtlhqZ-7Y
>nigger BMW drivers

kek

that would be the people who approve of boots.

>you have SOMEWHAT OFFENDED me on my property
>therefore, i will hold your property hostage until you give me arbitrary reparations
>i am not a police officer or other government official but i am detaining your property, specifically the thing that you most likely rely on to get to work on time and have any free time between going to and leaving work

It's literally nigger justice. Go to africa, they have a legal system that ranges from weak to nonexistent so instead of writing down a plate number, getting your ID, and fining you with the intent to sue or charge you with trespassing if you don't pay, they say "money now or its my car whitey"

And of course this is 2017 and /pol/ is everywhere so I'm expecting "but it's okay when it happens to niggers/white people are perfect and never violate private parking rules" posts and have written posts blaming the jews in advance, so don't bother

Because it's the jews

>oy vey goyim i told you you could only park for five mintutes don't you know parking for more than two minutes is against the rules you were there for three whole minutes and the limit is one i'm puttin a boot on this clunker oy vey
>that will be 300 shekels to remove it, putz

they only boot your car because they've ticketed you multiple times and you haven't paid. Usually you need to rack up 5 tickets or over a certain fine amount (usually over 300) and that triggers the parking enforcement to have to boot you or else whats the point of giving more tickets you'll never pay. I mean i guess they could involve the police and give you a court date but somehow i think you should just learn how to fucking park.

In most cases, putting on a boot is justified. Whether it's a leased or financed car that is way behind on payments or unpaid tickets. In some rare cases like , the owner was completely right in what he did.

It depends on who it is when boots are a private operation that is only sometimes regulated by the state. Some people will boot you on the first offense, or for offenses going over a certain time limit.

Boots are usually a private operation. Most cities are content to dole out fines like human beings, or just tow shit and leave the parking space open for the next person. Which would be fine if you did not have to pay a fee to a privately owned impound lot.

Confiscation and ransom is not the domain of civillians. If it is, it sets a moral precedent for allowing theft when you think it was justified

>of course, since tyrone stole your girl, you were allowed to steal his rims and melt them down for scrap
>case dismissed

you chose to enter their private property and you have to play by their rules. Its as simple as that. You don't like it find somewhere else to park your shit. I don't understand how you think you're magically above consequences just because you don't like them. Its not confiscation or ransom, they are enforcing fines you agreed to by entering their property.

>you chose to enter their private property and you have to play by their rule
This is called the rule of the jungle. Might makes right, territory is the zone in which you can enforce your might. Ramblings about implicit contracts and "you saw the sign!" arguments are a ruse to distract from barbaric, unchristian morality. If I put up a sign in my house saying I would confiscate any cash in your wallet and only return it if paid that amount plus 20% if you ever insulted my dog, do you think that would hold up in court? Do you think any godly man would approve of anyone acting like that big of a weasel? Maybe If I had collected enough in parking fees and fines to buy a good enough lawyer, right?

Actually, because the idea of that being a just action has not yet become part of mainstream culture, it would be thrown out no matter how consistent it is with the principles of booting and towing

If someone is not desired on your property you tell them to leave and force them, and their belongings, OFF it, instead of holding them ransom on your property as in a parking lot or impound lot.

>complaining about questionably moral money grubbing
>2016

wow why not boycot the whole auto industry for holding your virginity hostage by charging too much for BMWs faggot

i am le contrarian and supreme scholar, i disagree with things everyone else agrees with
*tips fedora*

you lost me at unchristian
>have fun with your mythology

>not using humanity's naturally overactive empathetic circuits to foster a belief in imaginary, powerful people who enforce a moral code
>not solving the what-cops-don't-know-can't-hurt-them problem entirely
>not purging belligerent lower class nonbelievers from the gene pool
>not building larger, more stable societies than atheists could ever hope to cobble together
>0BC

My city almost never boots. It is the businesses district organizations that boot for WALK OFFS.

>Removing the boot isn't punishable by law.
True if booting is a completely private affair on private property. But the real answer in most major cities is now False.

For example, my city passed ordinances to cover registered organizations that have contacted the city and follow various ordinances regulating what they do. Then, these organizations must follow required signage ordinances, and once they do that, they can legally apply boots (but not write tickets) onto cars to detain them. Boots by these accredited organizations such as Downtown Business District and our International District (I forgot the actual names) are protected by city ordinance. So if the car owner can be cited if he steals the boot (drives off with it), vandalizes it, destroys it, picks the lock (it's illegal to pick unauthorized locks as you know), uses tools to remove the boot (use of tools to commit a breaking crime is a separate misdemeanor), or blocks/evades a tow in progress (after x hours of unpaid boot fine, the tow truck is called).

By working with business property owners to allow them to apply boots, the city improves parking and also doesn't need to have so many officers doing parking enforcement. The property owners are happier because they can get things done sooner. The one in our chinatown / international district rides around on a bicycle and has two boots in those luggage panniers. He takes pictures before the boot to verify damage, after the boot, and also records the VIN and front/back plates. Because the booting is supported by city ordinance and signage, no one has been able to successfully sue for scratch damage from boots.

By the way, there really are ULTRA ignorant people who don't notice the boot. They've driven off and *CRUMP* occurs. Then they stop and notice they were booted and complain about the damage.

>but holding people's things ransom improves parking and
get to the point
>is cheaper and easier

Yeah, I can see why they'd do it. It costs little money and makes a lot, as most immoral things do.

just throw a couple of these on the wheels
bonus points for sticking one on each back or each front wheel and connecting them with a big chain

>get ticket for not having a plate

yeah you sure showed them

> scientifically proven religious people are less intelligent
> but you probably "don't believe" in science lol

independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-8758046.html

That HOA guy that managed to not get arrested for moving his audi into the garage would fail in my city. Almost certainly, that booting company would be registered with the city as being qualified to apply boots streetside or on private property.

I also live in an HOA. They have something better than a boot. They simply apply a lien against the house. If not paid off, they start foreclosure. This method prevents owners from renting to assholes because the property owner is responsible for whatever the renter does. When in doubt, apply lien.

>independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-8758046.html

This ain't your car.

>They simply apply a lien against the house
That's some niggery ass shit. My HoA did that to my neighbor right when he was trying to sell his house. HOAs are weird, sometimes it's fucking awful because of the stupid shit they impose on you. Can't paint your house a certain color, no parking on the street, only two cars may be parked on your driveway. I even got dinged once because I was working on my car outside of my garage. But they also do help, my neighbor can't decide to paint his house pink and yellow, people can't have unkept lawns with shit thrown about everywhere.

did your autism hit you so hard you had to reverse image search that?

>gets busted
>b-better call him an autist

R E K T

>If someone is not desired on your property you tell them to leave and force them, and their belongings, OFF it,

That method only works if they have a sense of shame. But as you already know, many of these people have no shame but only great anger at how you have material wealth and they do not. To them, it is you who is at fault.

>tfw boots are illegal in your shitty country

Feels good man

>living in the city
just why

Angle grinder, its the best multitool.

jesus christ this guy types like a fucking dick sucking douchebag

Yeah they just thread a heavy chain through your wheels and lock it instead. Seen it done

Why not just use an oxygen welder?

I remember in high school my car mechanics teacher taught us how to use one of those old welders and gave us a chance to use it on a junk car outside in the parking lot.

I used it to weld off a 2 foot metal piece in a couple of minutes.

>heavy chain
Spare wheels exist...

>Spare wheels exist
Give them some credit. They'll make sure a loop goes through some parts or around the axle, so that rim is quite locked on.

If you're careless, you'll miss the chain and try driving off and damage your car pretty good. You'll have a tough time getting damages as a white man because precedents already exist exempting damage from legally applied detention devices. Your only chance is to apply anti-discrimination laws or racial profiling because those cannot be exempted by precedents since they go thru a judicial review. It's why #BLM is so successful at getting out of court settlements since it's cheaper to settle than to go to court.

On a car as low as that is impossible.

FREE SNOW TIRES!!

Weld off? Do you mean cut off?

History is full of illegally parked cars some of which were either difficult to tow or the car owner did something to make the car hard to tow. It is allowable to damage the car in order to tow it. That is what car owners forget when they make a car difficult to tow with the expectation that the police and tow operator don't dare wreck the car to get it out of there in a timely fashion.

>On a car as low as that is impossible.
In one case, the car owner was "punished" because the fire department was summoned and they cut the doors off on two opposing sides. That provided a straight path through the car body.

>On a car as low as that is impossible.
In a different case with a youtube video, a very low car prevented tow hookup. So a tow truck with a crane hook was summoned and it attached a cable to the wheel to lift the car up enough to pass a cable under the car to the other side. Pulling straight up on the wheel causes damage also to the fender above the wheel. After a cable was passed under the car, another cable was attached so it looped over the car. This loop was then used to pull the car away from the curb to not disturb other parked vehicles. Naturally, circling the car with a metal cable and pulling the car sideways with this loop causes damage all around the car since the loop tightens down around the car.

When you lower the car to the ground in an illegal parking spot, that is the same as a taunt to law enforcement. At that point, they can use their ability to make a judgement call and legally pick the worst approach for removing your car. The tow operator only has to obey the police officer.

Do not be an asshole to law enforcement or it may come back at you.

No it isn't, I have literally seen it done. An apparently amused parking enforcement man attached a heavy chain between the two driver's side wheels of a slammed to the ground BMW outside of my office last year. The car was so low you wouldn't even be able to slide a pack of cigarettes under the front valance, and when he determined with a quick look that his boot wouldn't fit the car, he just looped the chain, pulling it through the wheel without care, and locked it together with one of those locks that has a shielded shackle.

You mean a torch.

Oxy Propane will cut through anything.

In DC they'll just straight up tow it at that point.

>you chose to enter their private property and you have to play by their rules. Its as simple as that.
>they are enforcing fines you agreed to by entering their property.
wrong
t. actual lawyer

all from
>forums.nicoclub.com/now-with-conclusion-audi-owner-gets-booted-and-is-sticking-it-to-them-t346387-150.html

CLIFFS:
Guy moves to crowded market for rentals, ends up buying a condo. HOA hires company to handle parking.
Parking company puts a boot on his Audi because the parking tag wasn't hanging from his mirror. He shows them his valid tag, they don't care and demand his money. He puts his car on a dolly and places it in his garage. He gets permission from the police to do all this and makes sure isn't stealing -- he didn't destroy the boot and offered to let them come get it. ADP, the parking service company, comes after him legally.
Despite not having a lawyer and getting accused of harassment and making threats (they faked emails), he won. Parking enforcement is now less strict and there's spaces available for guests now.
Everyone cheered as the little guy won.

Read the entire story if you want the full impact of the emotion, the confrontations, and the detective-like activity.

full conclusion also there

Learn your lesson. Next time, get four of your own boots and put them on when you park.

Because the business involved was worried about negative publicity on the internet, they sought and got a gag order against the defendant. So the defendant cannot tell others about the case or his own opinions about how obnoxious the boot company was. It seems unfair to gag the winner of the case, but the law generally favors businesses over individuals when it comes to gag orders.

>they sought and got a gag order against the defendant

So he talks in his sleep and his girlfriend posted the details.

gag order only lasted 2 years and that happened back in '08
but yeah the APS was real pissed about getting jerked around that hard
and the fact that he did it legally makes it that much better

Pretty sure they would just tow you bro

forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4643489-DOLLY-MAN-CONCLUSION

I was curious so I found the final update.

They used to boot in Los Angeles. Used to.

the ones around my way have 3 security toque screws, if you get a ratchet in there, you can loosen them and then the device will slide away from your wheel like a clam, I circled the area in red where the screws are in case you actually want to try