Need advice on a transmission replacement

Need advice on a transmission replacement.
I have bought parts in the past from a company called lkq, they sell salvage parts from wrecks.
The parts are checked and are warranted.
I can buy either a transmission from oregon for 350 dollars and pay 150-200 in shipping that has 4000 mile on it, came from an unwrecked car, the guy i spoke to said they usually are from stolen vehicles that where recovered but trashed in some way, drugs, blood etc or someone burned out the engine and sold the rest as salvage. The other option is 390 dollars for a local part thats 14k miles but was in a wreck. The parts are checked and warranted but i was just wandering if anyone has experience in this kind of thing. I shopped around and got a quote for 425 to swap it from a very reputable shop.
Just to keep it interesting, out of all the older 90s, 80s etc vehicles, what would have the cheapest parts?

abump i guess.

>based LKQ
is pretty amazing, it would be hard to beat parts from them
>blood drug trans with 4k miles fol less than $600
this is a good deal, but look at it this way:
you paying an extra $100 for 10,000 miles less wear AND no collision
you obviously like the vehicle or you wouldn't be getting a trans swap
so spend the extra cash
>shop quote
way decent, if they're reputable this is a great quote
>best cheap car
toyota e100
if truck, hilux

So in general its okay to use the parts they sell from a wreck?
Never seen a hilux in the US, what name does it go under hear?
Still thinking of going the 390, 14k tranny, not sure about the west coast LKQ, the google reviews for that particular store is poor.

As a guy that works for lkq please please don't buy from us. I see how the shit is treated. Nobody here gives a fuck about the powertrains. 70% of the cars we get in are wrecked. Most just enough of a fender bender for insurance to total it out. Others are cars with engine or trans problems. What is the transmission going to? I can post proof that I work there if you want.

2007 toyota yaris. Would I be better off with the uncrashed car? Do they not test them at all?
Can you even burn a transmission out under 4k miles?
25k miles on it. Runs good but the torque converter is failing. Figured I might as well replace the whole thing since the transmission has so many miles. I only expect to drive it for another 50-80k miles. 4-5 years.

Sorry miss typed. 250K miles on the car. I like the car, good gas mileage, simple and seems to be 100% rust proof. Just wish it had a 90s style body.

wrecked parts are fine, otherwise that tranny would be $1k or more new
>hilux
they're similar to early model tacomas but different

>doesn't realize that not giving a fuck is industry practice
i want proof, LQK always has the lowest prices from non-rude people who speak english
t. had parts I paid for sold out to another buyer for more money by a local shop

I can't seem to find any for sale or ever heard of them in the US.
I have heard complaints of LKQ selling parts from under people, would kind of piss me off but I doubt anyone really drives another car just like mine. Most people drive newer cars, suvs or mostly trucks. Mostly KIAs and chevy cars.

So.....hows it feel to be a wage cuck? an hero?

Thing is. You have no guarantee if you will even get a torque converter with the transmission. About 15-20% of the transmissions we pull end up losing the torque converter out of them. I work at the atl plant which is the biggest one in the country I think (4000 cars in the yard). And about a third of our transmissions and engines have been sitting out in the rain in our yard for about 5 or 6 months because we've literally run out of room to store them in the warehouse. Just be careful. If you have any more questions just ask. Also know that we have a 100$ minimum core charge so make sure you get them to take that off the price or they're just making a free 100$ off you

already have a torque converter i got at based rock auto. Is the core charge included in the price? They mentioned none of that when they quoted me the price.

>5.3 L Vortec, plus tranny

Swapped them into a '09 GMC Sierra, still running fine.

pic related

Don't buy a used transmission. Sure it's warrantied but then you have to replace it twice. Buy a reman one and pay someone to install it. Don't be a poorfag.

Yes I'll make sure you're on my an hero list

That would be almost as much as i paid for the car.
As long as the low mileage unit hasn't sat out in the rain and was checked i fail to see how a re manufactured unit would be worth 5 times the cost.

are they actually checked?

Don't bother coming into work tomorrow Andrew.

>I only expect to drive it for another 50-80k miles
Then just replace the TC, service the trans, and shut the fuck up.

I've been driving it for more than 4000 miles on a ailing TC, shits full of metal. Also the labor cost to replace the TC is the same if i replace the transmission as well.

Thats what you think. The torque converter is totally sealed off from the transmission. Just a shift comes out of the transmission housing and you stick the tc on it. Honestly I'd just replace the to and call it a day