09 Crown victoria interceptor

Can someone please post a link for the Ford Factory shop manual on a pdf?
Im not talking about the Haynes or Chilton books..

I was going to buy a retired police interceptor but people have convinced me not to do it because Crown Vics apparently have very bad fuel economy.

What is it your trying to find? I use to own a 00 CVPI.

Their fuel economy isn't great, but it's not single digits. Teens in the city, twenties on the highway, and they're meant to run on plain old 87 so no worrying about paying for premium. It's a two-ton car with a sizable V8, of course they're gonna get worse mileage than a Civic.

You shouldn't buy a retired Interceptor because 99% of the time they're completely thrashed to shit with holes and wires everywhere and a thousand miles of idle wear.

gets better gas mileage than a V6 buick

also if anything not related to the drivetrain breaks you're shit out of luck

a lot of parts were discontinued and aftermarket companies dont see the profit in making replacement parts

POST TRUCK (if it's not a dually)

>(if it's not a dually)
It is....

>also if anything not related to the drivetrain breaks you're shit out of luck
what

the panthers were only discontinued in 2011, there's still literal piles of them in wrecking yards and pick-a-parts, and if for some reason you can't find what you need aftermarket (protip: dorman makes literally 90 percent of stuff for panthers), you can still get most of the parts straight from FoMoCo

nevermind lol

Better?

>Very bad fuel economy

15 in city and 25 on highway on average. They aren't good.by any stretch. A police cruiser is kind of shit because they usually have fuck high mileage on them and have been heavily modified internally and it shows.

You have to fix them up quite a bit.

The do have the same kind of suspension system that Lincoln Town Cars have though so they are incredibly cushy rides in that regard. So much so that many feel like they are floating down the road instead of driving. They are longer than most cars too making them a bitch to handle in tight spaces like parking lots.

If you get one dirt cheap and fix up the interior, get a fresh driver's seat for sure, and treat it right they will last you a pretty good while (routinely over 300k miles) but you won't get a lot of quick speed, they are rear wheel drive and a lot of people aren't used to that for handling these days.

I like Crown Vics, Grand Marquis, and Town Cars (all the same vehicles just different levels of luxury features) but getting a used work vehicle is extremely dicey. Especially a work vehicle that saw oodles of drive time, possibly been in some crazy events, and has had its interior fucked with quite a bit.

Better to find one that hasn't been beat to shit. Unless you can grab one for a couple of hundred bucks, then have a blast with it and don't give a fuck if it dies in less than a year.

>FoMoCo
a-are you a grill?

>gets better gas mileage than a V6 buick
Kek the newer impala's do better on the highway.

>The do have the same kind of suspension system that Lincoln Town Cars have though so they are incredibly cushy rides in that regard.
Not necessarily- P71 Crown Vics have heavier-duty suspension so they can jump curbs at 60mph and not give a fuck, all the other Panthers (standard Crown Vics, MGMs and TCs) could be had with either normal shocks or air suspension. Obviously Town Cars were usually ordered with air-ride because LUXURY CAR and as such it's always the Town Cars you see with the ass end dragging like a lowrider because the air bags cracked and started leaking and the owner hasn't replaced them yet.

>they can jump curbs at 60mph and not give a fuck

I hit a curb at 30mph and bent the lower control arm and spindle and bent a factory steel rim. That 60mph stuff is bullshit.

aim better

Your just mad the ads they sold it under aint true

You weren't going fast enough

i've only found one panther in a junk yard in my area and it wasn't even the correct gen

i'm not driving 50+ miles for a couple of parts and every time i've asked ford for some parts they told me they've been discontinued

im talking about the 2nd gen w-body you goddamn retard

>Dragging like a low rider

That happens, but from what I understand it is pretty rare.

Having to pick a shit one to make a shit car look good.

>Pretty rare

No, it will absolutely happen. It may take a long ass time to happen but it will happen.

They are pretty piss easy to replace though if you get them when they start to go bad (sagging before the car stats but lifts when it is started) because that is just an air leak in the air spring. Swapping out the air springs is a simple remove and replace procedure and they aren't much to replace (literally under $200 for the parts and what not and simple to get to). The problem is when people ignore them for about a month or so and the compressor works constantly and fails as well. Then that shit sits and just became a much bigger and more expensive bitch to repair.

There are 29 at just one of my local junk yards and no telling how many at the one that specializes in ford, lincoln, mercury. I've never had a problem finding even new parts.

you mean picking the one I actually own and have experience with

well fuck, what state do you live in?

TN. It's the south so they are very popular around here.

I have had 4 towncars (all wixom built not that cucknadia shit) all were 280k+ with no issues

Yeah it isn't all that common of a thing, but people seem to think it is.

IF you want to do some preventative maintenance, just get some continental air springs that have a lifetime warranty for about $50 a piece and switch them out right when you get the car.