>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List:pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars:my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist:raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/010IDtABv9b2ChJ0v
youtu.be/ZZoBq_UqGiU
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-adelaide/cars-vans-utes/1999-holden-suburban-wagon/1134322702
domain.com.au/news/forget-the-poor-firsthome-buyer-2017-needs-to-be-the-year-of-the-renter-20161211-gt8v5t/
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/04/billionaires-get-more-leeway-than-vulnerable-citizens-its-obscene?CMP=soc_567
theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jan/04/heartless-core-autistic-man-chased-centrelink-debt-collectors
baka.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/flawed-centrelink-debt-recovery-system-bringing-some-to-the-brink-of-suicide-andrew-wilkie-20170104-gtlog9.html
betashares.com.au/products/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it happens to all of us mate. just wont watch it right before you go for a drive.

Stop trying to edit the discord link. It's not funny

We really need a detailed cars recc list. Something that lists and details some of the cars on there, the European bit doesn't mention anything about what models or engines to look for.

i could make up one for euro stuff. it'll just list the cheapo ones since nobody here is R I C H.

discordapp.com/invite/010IDtABv9b2ChJ0v

did that WA meet actually happen?

No? He probably lost the other key. The one he's using might even be the spare.

the new alpine is NOT for girls

>need to get a spare key made
>went to have it done
>my key is uncommon and he destroyed the only blank he had of it while trying to make a copy

2 threads really cunts?

What's the new one based off? Or are Alphine making originals now?

Real thread.

easy

>each one needs at least 6cyl
>cant be diesel unless mercedes

done

Idk but I definitely cant be fucked driving out in this heat, aircon or not.

it looks pretty awful tho

>Turbo SOHC intec
>instead of a barra
for what purpose?

youtu.be/ZZoBq_UqGiU

>you will never have an Alpine BMW E30

I found an alpine E34 on carsales once.
Cunt wanted about $15k for it so I'm not sure if that's good or not.

would buy [spoiler]if it were cheaper[/spoiler]

the bmw one is Alpina the hairdresser's car is an Alpine

i dunno what thread to shitpost in can we use the other one?

fuck how did i fuck that up. i've never heard of Alpine then.

Falcunt shitposts is the other one, we're in this one actually discussing cars.
Take your pick.

Looks like this one was made because someone got mad over the pic and falcunt posting.

aka autism, other one is older and has more posts.

more shitposts you mean. im sticking to this one.

>makes a new thread even though there already was one
Buttblasted much?

How autistic are you on a scale of Jimmy to Falcunt?

Ill just shitpost both then

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-adelaide/cars-vans-utes/1999-holden-suburban-wagon/1134322702

Why shouldn't I buy some big American rebadged monstrosity lads?

Both look equally shitposty to me. Its just the dat way

>sellers name is tattoo presley
what

It's a french company that makes rear engined cars with renault engines.

Pic related makes 276 hp and has 290 km/h top speed, supposedly they were the most aerodynamic cars of their time.

I reckon the entire thing needs a bit of a do-over. Plenty of this shit is disappearing, or rice taxed, or needs to be expanded on in the first place.

>Renault engines

This doesn't sound like a good idea.

The price ranges are fairly out now too. There's also no mention of other older Commos that are good for flogging besides the VT.

it says VTs are still about 5k and i'm looking at a VZ for only 4k right now.

>two threads

Why cunts?

I don't know how true it is but I heard the dash for the Suburban's are actually stretched out Blazer dashes since GM didn't want to redesign it for RHD, which also lead to all the bits falling apart and not fitting right since it was stretched GM crap.

>Someone makes thread
>Falcunt naturally moves over
>Someone else gets mad
>Makes this thread
Its a pain in the ass. But looks like the other is dying anyway

>lolden fans will defend this

This has given me an idea. If I had a LHD car that had no RHD version and I need to convert, could I find a 3D render of it, mirror flip and just 3D print a new dash?

>part of these different friend groups

>a bunch like to go to the beach and shit
>I hate beaches and swimming and summer

>other like going to see live music around the city
>I hate all the local bands and can't relate to all the songs about muh drugs and getting wasted and other hipster shit, plus I don't like going out to the city

>other group that loves partying hard every weekend, getting wasted and popping pills or whatever
fuck that shit

>another group that plays boardgames and and has intellectual discussions
im dumb

>car friends
I have a shit car, no money, i'm not even really interested in doing any work to modify cars or whatever

>work friends
I don't even like them

I really don't fit in with anyone and I want to be alone, but at the same time I feel so lonely.

what do you actually like doing then?

That's autistic as fuck. Why can't they be on the ball like this when threads are about to 404?

Be happy you have friends.

Save some money and get a nice car, don't modify it if you don't want to, modifying is a money pit anyway.

time to kill yourself probably

>tfw second date

What interests do you have, m8?

>tfw second date
das it mane. what did you do on the first date?

Movies. Now I'm taking her out to lunch.

>movies
risky move mate but at least it worked

>tfw starting to hang out more with this girl more and more in a group setting
>she keeps bringing her brother along
>becoming good mates with her brother
Well this backfired.

Risky how?

>a bunch like to go to the beach and shit
>I hate beaches and swimming and summer
too fat to swim and ginger skin that gets burned easy?

>other like going to see live music around the city
>I hate all the local bands and can't relate to all the songs about muh drugs and getting wasted and other hipster shit, plus I don't like going out to the city
who cares

>other group that loves partying hard every weekend, getting wasted and popping pills or whatever
this is fun, enjoy yourself

you have depression issues sort yourself out

you dont get to talk when youre seeing a movie or get to look at each other much. usually lunch is a first date, movie the second and dinner on third.

Move in on her now while you can dude. At least right now you have "her family likes you" points going for you.

Movie is fine as long as it's not just a movie.

It can be great when you can go for a coffee or ice cream afterwards because you have so much to talk about after the movie and you get a much more natural conversation going that doesn't feel forced at all.

Those are some pretty good points. Who knew /dat/ could have some good real advice.

What are some affordable comfy 90s aesthetic cars? I want something really yuppie style like a BMW or SAAB.

porsche? m? amg? you probably can't afford any

>What are some affordable comfy
>affordable
read again

90s Volvos

oh god two threads are doing my head in

I want to say Porsche 928 but ehhhh it might not be so affordable.

disgusting waifu

uwotm8illfackenjobya

Volkswagen TT

68th for leave me facken dole alone

pls tell me this is jimmys

yes its jimmys

the tt is based and built on the same underpinnings of a vw beetle so it is

crosspost from our sister board /pol/
>just fuck my country up
domain.com.au/news/forget-the-poor-firsthome-buyer-2017-needs-to-be-the-year-of-the-renter-20161211-gt8v5t/
and
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/04/billionaires-get-more-leeway-than-vulnerable-citizens-its-obscene?CMP=soc_567
>Autistic man chased by debt collector
theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jan/04/heartless-core-autistic-man-chased-centrelink-debt-collectors
>making cunts off themselfves
baka.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/flawed-centrelink-debt-recovery-system-bringing-some-to-the-brink-of-suicide-andrew-wilkie-20170104-gtlog9.html

This is why we need to import millions of poor people from africa & the middle east. If there is more poor people the average amount that someone pays for rent will have to go down as that is all they will be able to afford

We cant give money to renters because that will encourage owners to charge higher amounts of rent without forcing them to increase supply of low cost housing or lowering rental costs

>/s
>boomer

Should I buy into gold anons? Coming into 2017 I've realized the economy has been too stable for far too long.

How do you buy gold here anyway? Do you get it on hand or as a piece of paper?

No. Gold is overpriced. Buy in to stocks that invest in US currency instead.

You talkin jibberish

That's what I'm trying to avoid. I wish to invest in something independent and tangible from the current economic model. So of the current market and fiat currency's do collapse as so many people have wrongly foretold I will still have gold on hand which will hopefully regain it's value.

This isn't intended to be an investment, merely security if the tinfoils are correct

In that case, yes physical gold, silver, platinum etc are good. But note that theyre currently overpriced.

>

Drew the short straw at work today, major service with front and rear wheel bearings needing to be repacked.

Wouldn't go up on the hoist as it was fucking full of shit, but the V8 turbo diesel had enough grunt to move the world.

what are some other weird rebadged imports we got?

>Blab

Noice walky

There are a shitload of Australian ETF's that allow you to track specific commodities, indices or industries.

betashares.com.au/products/

Look at the gold, oil and agriculture ones.

Theyre fantastic if you care about their relativity to the economy. Original question was more about dystopian future with mad max tier economy - physical is better

What you're after is a Saab 9-3 convertible, preferably the Aero over the base trim. Though have a look at the early 00s models as well. I reckon those still have a real 90s vibe to them (and even the more modern 9-3 convertible feels more like something out of the early 00s design-wise) and the taillights look better.

Buy Silver at $10, Buy Gold at $800-$900 and buy Oil at $27.

The problem is the AUD will sink to 50-60 cents if these prices are achieved, which effectively doubles their price in our money. So you need to invest in the USD now.

There is a USD ETF btw.

As for physical, I just bought 1KG of silver for $720+$18 postage from private forum called silverstackers in Australia.

Physical gold is not cost effective to buy physically until you start sinking $50,000 for a 1KG bar, the premiums are just too high on the 1oz stuff in Australia.

Gold will always hold its value

>v8 turbo diesel
That's the shit

That is objectively not true. Gold goes up and down like any other commodity.

Of course, I'm no economist and known nothing about it but I can't imagine gold or other precious commodities completely tanking and not coming back

Sometimes I wonder if I should invest a little bit and maybe make something back in the future, but I have no idea about it all

>tfw no V8 turbo diesel swapped GT86

Why do I even want this

Or if a good 9-3 is too hard to find go for an E36 convertible.

>Of course, I'm no economist and known nothing about it but I can't imagine gold or other precious commodities completely tanking and not coming back

If you bought gold in 1980, you would have paid $800 USD per ounce.

It would have taken until 2008 for you to get the same amount of money for that ounce of gold.

You have to understand the commodity you're investing in and understand why the commodity rises in the first place.

It's because gold is shiny right?.. and the Jews

BMW E39 540i

Goes from torque dip to

>muh torks

It would twist the body to bits, that one has a few mods too.

Was great to drive, shite to work on