FAQ: pastebin.com/8EkUMikP
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/SEA97RAu
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Just Released

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004

>Upcoming Games

Heartful Maman (MILF Eroge) - January 27 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
Beat Game - Presumably some point in 2017
Two other games by the Evenicle and Rance 03 teams (New IPs)

>Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

June 2016 - Tsumamigui Extra (JAP)
January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

>Current Events
Rance 5D and Rance VI Polls
Rance Birthday Drawfag Weekend (7th of Jan) - Draw your best Rance

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdteXi3YSqolYkuaibY5pVY8AOrMrGXE8c6lfLKrwmYn9zgEA/formResponse
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If anyone still wants to vote in the poll just ask me for the link.

Already got 46 votes so I think most people have voted.

>Miracle is from Zeth.

Oh yeah I forgot. Then make that Hubert I guess.

Rolex is the strongest living person from Helman.

Though Patton is stronger than Hubert as well

That works then.

I'm waiting until I've actually finished to vote, but I still have it in a tab, personally.

Can I get that link? I just finished.

What does Serious Mode in VI?

I haven't voted because it's manual text entry and I cannot be fucked with that.

Eats all your SP in exchange for a buff.

That feel when chugging along, making good progress against a fight, just about to win, and suddenly.

Time Up!

I didn't even know I was on a clock. fml

I'm not sure if the "Time Up!" battle ends are actually timers or if they occur just before you'd win so that the people you're fighting can get away in the follow cutscene.

How long are you keeping it open? I'm still partway through 6.

Are the poison items in 6 ever worth using?

In Rance VI how do I turn off the lightning fast text skipping? I'm not even sure how I turned it on and CTRL or A do nothing to stop it.

You might use 'em on Rocky since he hits his cap really fast and it's a little while before it gets raised. They do raise stats but unless you like grinding you should probably only use it on people who hit their cap.

You probably pressed S which enabled text skipping.

It's time, you can beat most of those fights and one post-game "boss" has that as a mechanic as well, which makes it fucking retarded
>Random tiny chance to appear in a random encounter
>You need to kill it in a few turns or the battle ends

Just fuck that shit.

I haven't yet since I didn't finish VI yet

Yea since most characters have level caps. Use the + attack ones on Maria since she deals most of your damage in fights where it matters.

+ magic is for Shizuka since she's the only mage with instant aoe
+ health is for Caloria since it also buffs her regen and she's important to keep alive in most boss fights, if you have enough you can effectively make her immortal
+ defense/resist/eva are either for Rance or Caloria.

Don't give poison items to Rance though, give the poison ones to Caloria.

Still slowly chugging along VI, haven't voted yet.

Just got Shizuka, so it's probably going to take a while.

>tfw tried to chase Magic up the tower after blowing on her face, beat the two guardian things easily, but the game still acted like I ran away
;_;

Fuck, I use WASD to move around, guess I need to stop that. Thanks for the fast answer.

WASD is probably the best way to move around anyway since you can use Q and E to sidestep. If you use the arrows then I don't think you get a good sidestep shortcut

For a few weeks if people want to vote

Start of the last thread

You can vote for less than ten characters if you want.

Your number one ranked vote will still get 10

Tell me your story

I miss Quest, but don't want to restart after losing my save.

Some people in that room were fucking.

No more SP Bullshit in Quest?

Limited moves are worse than SP

Don't forget the limited amount of character swapping as well

Quest works like Wizardry in that you have limited uses of attacks and character swapping in until you rest. So not really.

I actually like it this way. In VI you had so many dmg skill to use and only one or two useful ones.
In Quest there is a reason to use all of them.

Does Urza have any more events / sex after she joins at end of the game?

She's at 3 FR. I'm not sure if I want to use like 20 presents to boost a pointless character

>pointless character
I'll fight you mate

Except you either need ridiculous grind to have everyone have relevant weapons/levels or everyone has 1-2 attacks and then stat boosting passives.

That's not how Wizardry worked

The spells did, and character swapping is more or less summoning magic.

>there is a reason to use all of them.
You'll never get because you pick and choose which you get in limited amounts or you don't and they are weak as shit because you didn't grab stat boosting skills.

The spells used 1 of 6 mana-pools, and how much they used of it was dependant on the spell itself and the level you cast it in.
You don't have N uses of the spell and you can rest anywhere to regen mana, so how is that like Quest?

I just want to know if she's going to keep being a prude bitch, at least she puts out as a cripple

You can swap the skills inside the dungeon though.

You only get a limited amount of skill points user.

You have N uses of any give level of spells and you can't use anymore until you rest. It's not 1 to 1 but how isn't that similar?

I like how Rance despite his own dislike of men, is perfectly able to point out the hypocrisy of the non-mages discrimination against mages.

I'll probably replay Quest soon

Still haven't beaten world 3

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdteXi3YSqolYkuaibY5pVY8AOrMrGXE8c6lfLKrwmYn9zgEA/formResponse

Some characters have a lot of active skills, you won't equip them all at once.

>Dislike = discrimination
He can't fuck men so they just get in the way, how is that discrimination?

Rance never says he likes men though, how is that relevant?

It's not, that's why I didn't use discrimination against men.

You can either fire a high level nuclear blast draining your whole fire-pool, or you could cast multiple low-level nuclear blasts.
Also, draining your fire-pool with nuclear blast spell(s) will prevent you from using any other fire spell.

Using a skill in Quest won't cost you the uses of other skills.

There is something alike to it, limited moves. Both have their up and downs. With SP you fight limited amount of battles but can use the best moves of every character. With limited moves you can generally have characters stay for longer on your party, but while needing to only use weak moves every battle.

By the end you can use characters for long in Quest because at higher levels you can have many uses of many skills.

I really wish Quest had a small group of 12~15 people that always get full EXP from the active team battle like in 6. Farming extra battle team members is a big hassle in Quest.

I said it's like Wizardry; not it is Wizardry man. I know about the limited mana pools, and variety of the spells you can cast. Characters in Quest functionally though, and they all have limited uses per attacks. Yeah, you're right there's no degree of use, overlap of use and the resting mechanics are different but they're definitely similar.

>I really wish Quest had a small group of 12~15 people that always get full EXP from the active team battle like in 6.
If Quest had something like that then it'd probably be held in much higher regard than it is now

Do Rance able to stick it inside Bloody Angel?

I just met her

Not probably; definitely. It'd cut the grind in half. That's pretty fucking huge.

Do Maria and Sel get a S level weapon?

*Levelling extra battle team members is a big hassle in Quest.

Sel does; Maria is A only.

So basically

Maria, Uzra, Magic, Rizna, Caloria and Sel confirmed for not fated girls

It would. It is my main issue with it.

Would actually make Aten useable as well

It does though, in Magnum inactive partymembers get some exp as well, just not full. The main issue you'll run into is all the characters with a sub 35 level cap (most of them) which you need to feed forbidden talents to get higher level, which you then need to grind for.

Money and equipment is probably the bigger hurdle in Quest, since every threshold you need new equipment for all characters at that point if you want them to be relevant, and loot is so fucking random or costs a small fortune in gold, not even using Copa everywhere helps much.

>I really wish Quest had a small group~
What they needed to do was let the player choose a core set of characters to put in the top box (maybe 15~20) and all of the characters get shared exp like in VI and allow the amount of characters to be able to be placed in there increase with each World difficulty you go up.

>Aten
No Sorceress without Fast Casting is good to use

A big Tomato fan I take it

PS:
Except Torako

Yes on magnum / later patches, that was added, but it's way too little. It's useful for getting most to level 35 for scenes, but the level gap between then and you main party will be too little for them to be useful as members you can switch and use in battle.

Makes sense since she's already so strong.

Anything special I need to do to complete Sel's character? She's the only one I still need to complete.

She has useful unique skills

Tomato needs a lot of levels to be good and you'll bring her everywhere for her unique skill.

Torako is great

Do you visit all the churches with Sel yet? That's the only special thing I remember for her.

Tomato has great skills about treasure hunt

Her skills in Quest are great for item farming. I didn't really get to use my favorites as much as I wanted due to the grind, I mean look Magic is at a higher level than Lia and Maris.

Do you even have Maris?

Can you get Rockys skill upgrade outside of the prologue? It's not popping up.

>It's useful for getting most to level 35 for scenes
She's at level 35, you simply just get her too late in Quest.

how important is plot?
I want to hop on the bandwagon with everyone and jump straight into the newest rance
Is this ok or no?

Poor Patty

>Miru
>14

VI doesn't really need the games before it.

I just couldn't see her in your image

Why rance hate loli

>inactive partymembers get some exp as well, just not full.
It's so small that they might as well not have bothered

Just visited Italia, Disposal Dungeon, Haniwa Plain and Autumn Forest.

Was there a church I missed in another map?

The Rance Series features an on going plot with lots of recurring Characters

Each Game does have a self-contained Story tough and the consensus is that starting with Sengoku and then go back for the older games if you are interested is fine

For those wondering why VI is getting much less attention than Sengoku, here's a few propositions:

1) VI is only playable if you've played the Rance games before it, Sengoku has no such requirements.
2) Sengoku is popular because it's popular, on more than one occasion I've seen "recommend me some h-games" met with "Sengoku Rance, Kamidori, and Daibanchou". Virtually everyone who is into h-games had played Sengoku.
3) Sengoku gets praised for just about every part of it, particularly if you add the qualifier "for a h-games". VI does not get that praise even from this thread, it's more generally seen as awesome in some areas but poor in others.

>For those wondering why VI is getting much less attention than Sengoku, here's a few propositions:
I'd put it under "it's not as good a game" but the fact that it just came out while everyone and their mum knows Sengoku doesn't help.

I'm pretty sure the last one you're looking for is in 3rd test site.

it's not entirely necessary as there's often callbacks to previous moments and most are capable of functioning as a independent story, but you'll enjoy it and the characters far more if you know them from previous games.

Yea that's her scene in Quest

>1) VI is only playable if you've played the Rance games before it, Sengoku has no such requirements.
Neither does VI

The real reason is that there isn't an easily available torrent.

>I found 01 to be really fun and a great remake
I personally hated the whole chip shit mechanic. Would have liked it more with the standard gameplay from 02.

Rance 03 skill system is decent though, I like how it shows a lot of people on screen thanks to it.

1) wrong
2) Those 3 got recommended since they were translated titles focusing on gameplay. There was less competition back then when you were looking for that.
3) There were people who preferred VI oder Sengoku though.

VI was made to be a modern introduction for Rance. It's pretty standalone.

You should get rid of Sill. Sel is the only healing skill you actually need. Shizuka is far more useful.

Yeah, you're right. It's hidden behind a green door that I probably only visited once so I couldn't recall it.

Thanks user.

All 03 needed was the ability to swap characters/skills mid combat.