Why do Amerifats consider German luxury cars money pits?

Why do Amerifats consider German luxury cars money pits?

Do they not understand how maintenance work?

Other urls found in this thread:

philosophytalk.org/shows/american-pragmatism
carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Malibu/2011/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How exactly are you suppose to maintain electronics from not failing?

This is the most intelligent answer.
Fpbp.

I am OP and I will erase this post as I have been answered with the harsh truth.

You never hear of these problems in Europe.

Americans have a dreamer culture.
Pragmatism is a vice rather than a virtue.

Why are euroucks so obsessed with us?

>luxury car
>money pit
You answered yourself faggot.

>Buy E46 for $1000.
>92k on the clock
>Salvage title
>Has cooling system problems all over
>Rebuild entire system
>Hoses, radiator , urrrything
>$1400

>Mfw low coolant light and temp goes up at the same time on my way from home.

Because Europoors ride the bus

>5 IPs
>5 total posts
I agree with but cmon dude. Also a lot of BMWs are victims of leases and are typically neglected by the idiots who lease them because they can just trade up every two years. Also we tend to only get the more expensive variants with more "German engineering" in them.

Da fuq you talking about ??

philosophytalk.org/shows/american-pragmatism

Begone scotty

What the fuck does this have to do with what I said.

Theres maintenance, and there is trying to maintain faulty electronics by design. I see a 30+ yr old buick with little to nothing done beyond yearly tune-ups and everything works just fine, a 5yr old Mercedes C class rolls in with a Christmas tree dashboard and brakes that eat their own rotors by design, throw error codes at random ect...

>Amerifats
>Do they not understand how maintenance work?
No, basically.

About that lease shit... Don't they get charged out of the ass for excessive ear and tear if they maintain it poorly?

There might be air somewhere in your cooling system.

Even if you do the repairs yourself you're still going to be paying a lot more for parts, and you're going to be under the hood a lot having to deal with stupid shit from retarded design.

Also i hope you like diagnosing electronic issues. There's a reason why Mercedes drop in price even harder than other cars as they get older.

The difference is americans have the money to buy v8, v12, v10 or 6 cylinder bmws, audis and benzes and us yuropoors who are privileged enough to be able to afford a german car are buying usually low displacement l4 or diesel engines thats the difference.

How in the fuck did you spend $1,400?

Hi Scotty. Why don't you talk about how the 08-12 Chevy Malibu is designed that in order to change the headlight bulbs the whole front bumper cover has to come off?

Or the power door actuators that always fail on cue in unison? Or the blown transmissions at 60k miles?

Behold GM engineering:

carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Malibu/2011/

This.

>privileged enough to be able to afford a german car

>Skoda Fabias and VW Polos

This "German cars are all expensive luxury" meme needs to die.

VW Golf here in the States can cost near 50k dollary doos for one of those fancy GTI models.

Meanwhile a FoST...... wait.

>50k for a Golf GTI
Lol

You mean maxed out R trim.
You have to be insane to pay that much for a subpar Audi.

nope. its americans know the parts have to come straight from germany.

and mercedes benz, german chrysler so electricals break with regularity.

scotty kilmer also idiot.

I think this thread gave me a shitposting overdosis

I am so tired now, when is it to much of Veeky Forums?

i've been now looking at ops pic for about 10 min and being just exhausted

that fucking face
i dont even watched one of his videos
but just because of these pics on Veeky Forums i hate him

>the maintenence costs an arm and a leg.

>guys they're not money pits I swear.

I've owned many Bmw's and they've always been more expensive to own and maintain than the American car's I've owned.

Its just a fact of life.

I would pay so much money to see three large men holding him down and taking turns shitting in his mouth. Annoying little fucker.

Did you not bleed the air out before driving it? You deserve any damage that resulted from that.

You don't have to cover the distances we drive, keep in mind one state or province is the size of your country. Doing 30k miles a year will fuck up any car let alone a fragile German car. inb4 muh million mile Mercedes diesel taxi. They're only reliable because they spend their entire life doing 5kph in traffic putting out 50hp.

Nope. The dealership waxes it, makes it look nice then sell's it CPO to somebody who thinks they're smart by bypassing the depreciation.

>Doing 30k miles a year will fuck up any car let alone a fragile German car

I drive a BMW about 30k km a year and never had any real problems
the average milage is about 20k km per year in germany
I saw once an audi q7 which was 1,5 years old and had 214k km on the clock

>They're only reliable because they spend their entire life doing 5kph in traffic putting out 50hp

City driving is much harder on a vehicle than highway cruising. Look at the Sprinter vans that expediters use in the states. Some of them have half a million miles.

The unreliable Mercedes meme comes from people that buy them used and don't maintain the car then claim it is "unreliable."

Check out the complaints about the Chevy Malibu I posted above. That's the pinnacle of unreliable. Or the turbo and serious engine problems of the Chevy Cruz.

>Sprinter
They donĀ“t have that name for no reason, they are insanely fast for a van that sieze.

>tfw you drive at comfy speed on the Autobahn
>tfw Spriner overtakes you at 120mph+

>tfw driving econobox with 170km/h topspeed
>tfw drafting a Sprinter at 180+km/h

> Look at the Sprinter vans that expediters use in the states. Some of them have half a million miles.

>some

The majority go through turbo's like a motherfucker or rust away after 2 years.

A car shouldn't need $5k a year in maintenance to be reliable...

Most Malibu's and Cruze's are driven by fucking idiots and GM can't into turbo's yet.

>Sprinters
>doors literally falling off
that first gen the brought to the states was absolute shit

German cars are built in the US and Mexico.

CPO cars come with a warranty and they must be inspected before being sold.

>Look at the Sprinter vans that expediters use in the states

you mean all the Isuzu diesels?

In North America, the only German brands we have are Porsche, BMW, Audi, and Mercedes. And none of them sell their shitbox versions they have in Europe.

Exactly.

Ever since we landed on the mood they've been like this.

Got to make up for your shortcomings somehow, I guess.

>europoor resorting to flinging shit at GM
>like always

Don't be all pissy just because you have to pay twice what I would to work on your over engineered turd.

mfw the moon buggy was designed with help from GM. mfw the Earth is too easy for GM. When is somebody going to try and compete?

Boxster;
3 Series;
A4;
C class.

Those are all shitboxes.

Plus only retarded americans consider Audi to be a luxury brand among BMW and Mercedes where in Europe they're known for what they are, rebranded VW's for schmucks that fall for the marketing jews.

You're aware it's the other way around right? Audi are made from VW parts. It's VW that owns the group and calls the shots, not Audi. If it wasn't for VW parts bin and deep wallet Audi would have gone bankrupt in the 80's.

Do you not understand exchange rates or are you just being a troll?

check head gasket( witch you SHOULD have noticed). And it should be smoking.

>that simplicity
how can pigfat earth cars even compete?

>tfw bought a BMW yesterday
>all nice and dandy
>drove fine, no issues, no alerts
>go to start the car up today
>flooded with warning lights, malfunctions, cautions, shit that should've been changed 20k miles ago, etc
I bought a money pit, didn't I?

I just imagined a pigfat modern car in moon gravity...

In space....

No one can hear you corner.

kek

>wheels kicking up dust into the breeze
>wheeled vehicle able to ride firmly on the ground(AKA gravity)
>no stars and cant see earth
>on the Moon

Ameritards actually think we would fall for that.

I have a Volvo S40.

Tbh senpai the parts are a bit more pricey than an average jap shitbox or american land barrage but it is not that bad.

Car is actually reliable as fuck and has never left me stranded. Has a 2.4i and 5 speed manual gearbox... I guess the more simple a euro car is the longer it will last.

yuropoors and slavs probably can't afford anything better, but I daily drive a straight 6 BMW, have a V8 BMW as my winter car and a V12 in my garage.
My old man had an E55 AMG as his daily driver untill I crashed it. He now has a Chrysler 300C wagon and a 330 E91.

All from medium income family, not richfags by a long shot.

Not all Europeans are poor like you are.

What year?

Is that the 140 or 170hp one? Thelatter had a tendency to eat up piston rings on the 5th cylinder.

German cars in general are money pits.

Because we look after our cars, Americucks are too poor for that,

>Buy german car
>Cylinder head explodes
>$500 for remanufactured head
>Drive another 150,000 miles while it nickle and dimes you to death until head explodes again

>Buy Glorious Nippon car
>Cylinder head explodes at twice the mileage as Krautwagen
>$200 for remanufactured head
>Drive another 250,000 miles with minimal maintenance until engine is completely worn out

>Buy Chevy
>Cylinder head never explodes
>Rings and camshaft wear out tho
>Master rebuild kit is $230
>Drive another 300,000 miles with minimal maintenance until engine is worn out
>Buy another engine from Cletus for the price of 2 30-packs of Coors

because frequent inpsections basically force germans and other euros to buy new cars every couple of years, far before electronic fail
>ACH! you need a new everything, ist manufacturer spec! or buy new car! geischeitsfaschtef, that veel be all.

Moreover, owning a car that isn't twingo tier at all is the hallmark of the upper class, and those people don't complain about a $1000 repair here and there.

In the US everyone and their mom has a car and we keep them for decades. We don't like things that aren't explicitly wear items (ie: heater cores) to fail.

>In the US everyone and their mom has a car and we keep them for decades
Heh. Y'know, I don't see that many older German cars on the road. Maybe two Mk.2 Jettas in the last 10 years, and 5 Mercedes 300Ds in that same time frame. There's one guy in my area that drives an '83 300D Estate but he has 5 or 6 parts cars lol.
I do see a lot of Mk.3 Golfs and Jettas, along with New Beetles, and 15 year old BMWs in the local pick a part yards. I wonder why.

I have to admit this is an interessting way of seeing the situation.
Are all Audi made from VW? The S and and the RS also?

GM
>Godly
>Mechanics

I'm not the quoted one, user, but allow me to say something.
I'm from Brazil, where Volkswagens are incredibly popular. These MK3 Golfs were imported to my nation. Nowadays most of the ones that run are in a bad condition or in the scrapyard because the public that bought these cars after they became cheap enough were people without a 'car culture' - aka they didn't care about reading the owner's manual, changing the oil in the right kilometrage and with the factory-determined oil, etc (aka thugs, criminals, people who want to stance their cars and put wheels that are nearly worth the car itself).

Some cars will run without total zero maintenance. Some cars will tolerate lack of maintenance for a long time, but they'll break down. That's the case of the MKIII Golf.

My father has a MK3 Golf he picked up for cheap. Still runs, but for some reason one of the niggers who owned it swapped the electronic injection for a carburetor.

The only thing that Audi got for themself is the inline-5 in some RS models and (((Quattro))) everything else is pure VW.
Also Porsche uses for their SUVs many VW parts.
The Bentley Continental is also in its core a VW Phaeton.
VW is huge

The exchange rates are almost 1:1 right now

It's 1.06 currently.

Yet it has little to do with why those Golfs cost less in fucking Yurop.

And it would still be 37k for the GTI clubsport.