/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

The Dragon World Boss Nouver has been added to the game and spawns in the Valencian Desert, and desert debuffs have been disabled for a limited time.
Latest patch notes:
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/125495-patch-notes-december-28th/

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss, most recently released for Western audiences. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels of grinding, and more.

>Is it P2W?
Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items, such as most outfits (!), are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps and weekly selling limits of cash shop items restrict profit. One CANNOT P2W over a dedicated player.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru

>NewFAQs
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," get a guest pass.
All classes can be viable and fun. Ask something more specific.
Weapon: Rent a Kaia, or BUY a +15 Yuria -> Liverto -> Kzarka
Awk weapon: Green -> Blue -> Dandelion
Offhand: Warrior & Berserker Accuracy offhand/other classes AP offhand -> Nouver
Armor: Grunil -> Boss armor
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Happy New Year!

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dCPpUZgx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>imgur albums not in OP
one job user ONE JOB

Guest passes for anyone interested in giving the game a shot
S8KBK8M-8QPMR6Q-7HGUG0Q-350F8
96U82EK-GDU9AD1-BM3GJOT-FCAPP
PS9R2GN-82MUDBK-R9O5TPT-6ED2D
565HOLS-01OAQ29-QAJCJ89-N05O6

Why do you want them in the op? All but erp valk one are garbage and theyre not game stuff.

>opinions

erp valk comeback when?

>theyre not game stuff

>screenshots
>not game stuff

So does Tamer's pet stay useful all the way to max level, or does it fall off pathetically somewhere along the way?

the pet itself falls off really pathetically, but you still use him for abilities that are pretty good for cc

I like this game. I enjoy playing it.

I like you, friend

Your picture answered your own question. He's viable endgame for ERP.

Seriously speaking though, do you mean damage-wise or utility wise? He's still sort of useful for utility, but his damage scales with skill levels rather than AP, so he starts to fall off past 56 pretty hard. Shortsword is still just as useful as bo staff though, from what I can gather.

>82 AP
>80 DP
>As witch
>at level 51

just how shit is my gear?

Meant to quote

good enough

I like you too user.

>pearl shop
>desync
>engine
>marketplace
>rngfuckery
>gear based
>no endgame
>just grind the same route endlessly
>Daum "cuckao" games

and this all is fine because the combat feels thematically good, responsive and fluid, which it is

takes forever to kill anything at helms post tho

Really shit but Olvia and EXP boosts do that to you. Get a +15 mainhand (yuria/liverto) asap, get a good +15 offhand, some decent cheaper-end accessories (pri bares or blue coral maybe) and save up for a good DUO awakening weapon since that's what you'll probably be using 90% of the time as witch.

go to a skill instructor and get +20 monster ap as a skill addon

Just in general. I'm fine with a pet's damage falling off in the later levels, but I wanted to make sure he was still used at all.
I'd hate to pick up a class that claims to be pet-based, only to drop the pet entirely after a certain level.

Well obviously. Knots are always endgame viable.

but I didnt post a picture

You can use your pet on me anytime!

Exactly

Alright i wanna go a bit more serious about this game.

I have access to the XP servers.

Which class should i roll and why:

>Tamer
>Maehwa
>Witch

I played the game up until lv40 and still don't know what's the game about. It seems to lack any real group pve content? no raids or hard bosses to take down with other people? Every quest was a boring fetch quest and the combat while nice the enemies were not a threat so it felt boring as fuck.

The game gave me the impression that the pve is almost a single player experience to grind for exp and money to then do... what exactly do you do in this game later on? pvp?

Fine man. Are you enjoying it is the main question

>Get the game because Veeky Forums seems to like it
>Install
>Start the game
>Window comes up for split second before closing down on it's own
>Try everything I can find on fixing it
>Nothing works

H-haha, T-this sure is a fun game guys...

Nothing. You only get to do PvP if you're insanely rich and/or autistic.

depends on what your goals with the game are
want to blow up people in 1v1? Tamer
want to annoy/harras people in small scale pvp? Maewha
want to nuke groups of people in large scale pvp? witch

>this question again
Try the classes and decide for yourself what you like.. We cant tell you what you want to play.

It isn't like wow at all. Rethink your approach.

>retarded toasterfag too stupid to fix startup issues solved after 3 seconds on google
>probably a drumpfkin
>most likely a /pol/ user too
>100% likely to be using windows 10
kys

^

wtf

not cool

I figured that it was like that. Shame, the game's pretty and the gameplay is good (which is a fist for a "mmo")

Also, what's with the ridiculous popping.

>Get a +15 mainhand (yuria/liverto) asap, get a good +15 offhand
Been camping the market for days now, there are no +15 for sale

And everytime one comes up its INSTANTLY sniped by someone, like the very fucking second its put in

fucking preorder fags

Nah, it's a computer that wasn't just made from spare computer parts found in the garage.
Also mentioned that I already tried all the fixes given from googling and nothing has worked.
Also, Win10 is for fags and dads and last I checked you don't have a kid.

But, I just wanna play games with you all, senpai

So I'm grinding and I see some nerd run up and kill some monsters next to me. How do I know if I can murder them?

I have win10.. I am fag? ;_;

If their name isn't green they're over level 50 and you can alt c and attack them

Try looking in your most recent startuplog_ in the Logs folder inside your installation, it may show what error is causing it.

Just try and kill him. It's fun. It's a videogame.

Don't worry, you were a fag long before Win10 was released.

Yeah, but what if they kill me? I want to pick on people that can't fight back.

if you're EU post character name and I'll help you out

>I want to pick on people that can't fight back.
Then go pick on the monsters.

Nothing, mate. Just shows all the settings I would have if I start up.

Only thing that looks halfway weird under the write dump is
>(3076434278) UNKNOWN SYMBOL NO=>[CODE:UCMAONBQJEPWQMBBF53SZYY2P2AKE6X53Y2CPRKVUNZS7VGYLM6EXBABXI]

but google doesn't bring anything up on it. The three other lines below the write dumps are just my computer specs.

I don't get that line in my startup logs. Try looking in your client one too. A lot of the logs are in gookspeak but the final lines of the logs should give some insight into whats making it crash.

Monsters won't cry and complain though, they'll just take it up the ass like the bitches they are.

Sorry kid, I work alone.

For the final two lines in the Launcher logs I get:

>[01/01/2017::08:22:18] [MSG] patch action is end.
>[01/01/2017::08:22:23] [MSG] DaumGame Global Launcher is ended.

After deleting version.dat for the third time to see if anything changed after deleting xmag.xem
I only startup and launcher logs though.

Already tried closing down every unused background operation I was able to. I figure it would drop something if Xign was picking something, wouldn't it?

>constantly rerolling and never truly investing everything into a single character
STOP ME, SOMEONE

HELP

Damn, I actually planned to hunt you down across all channels as long as you were online

Do you not have client logs? Also, xign would pop up with suspicious program detected if it did.

>kid

There's no reason to invest everything in a single character. What're you going to do with it? Grind slightly more efficiently? PvP for half an hour and run out of Karma? GvG where your gear won't mean shit anyway?

This is pretty pathetic desu

>implying that voting for trump and visiting /pol/ is what dumb people do
what are you doing in place for fun stuff

I guess not since I'm not seeing them in the logs folder. I see the program open up and the developer on the screen for not even a second before it closes down again. Xign loads completely, no suspicious program info at all.
I've done every recommended fix from changing removing the space in the original exe to deleting config files for xign itself so it redownloads them. And then I add or delete the space JUST TO BE SURE.

Could you post your specs? CPU/GPU/OS?

So is the guy killing people who can't fight back, I only planned to return the favor

>gameplay is good
Game is crap. Top logic mate.

From the BDO logs themselves:

>(1883292737) UNKNOWN SYMBOL NO=>Current GraphicCard nvidia geforce gtx 970m
>(3076434278) UNKNOWN SYMBOL NO=>[OS Version : Windows 8-64bit/Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz/16301MB/319MB]

Yeah same:^)

>Not even normal yuria staffs on the market

just how dead is this games economy

Okay. Do you have a Black Desert folder in your log files? If you don't, make one, and place a text file inside, and inside it paste the contents of this;
pastebin.com/dCPpUZgx
Save it, then launch the game. Maybe it launching with lowest graphics and a small resolution will help.

I forgot to say the text file should be called GameOptions

I've actually never killed anyone before. It's giving me the same type of anxiety that stops me from ranked play in other games.

GameOption *
I'm a retard

Thanks mate, was just about to ask. I don't have a file in there though so I'll try this and get back to you in sec. I did manually change the options in the launcher but if it's not starting completely to set them this might help.

It's just a videogame. That's what this game is about. It's fun user, give it a shot.
The death penalty is pretty mild as well so you have nothing to lose.

Nope. Nothing. Just opens and closes as soon as it does.

To double check it should be
C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\Log\Black Desert\GameOption.txt

right?

See, this is all a reason why I should drink coffee in the morning before I post advice for people.
Let's try this again.

In your Documents folder ( C:\Users\\Documents\ ) create a Black Desert folder and drop that text document inside.

I'm a pleb, sorry.

Jesus Christ how did I not know skill addons were a thing?

Anyone got any recommendations for Ninja? They seem like more of a preferential thing.

Be prepared to be treated like a fucking animal and losing your gear wherever you go as a red player though

No worries, at least you're trying. Moved the Black Desert/GameOption.txt portion to Documents and still the same thing. I guess I'm just doomed? I can play other MMOs and all that. This is the first that hasn't just easily come up.

>wanted to play maewah/kunoichi
>read through the BDO forums and certain other places
>class is complete trash and not wanted in node wars
>not very strong in 1v1
>leveling is aids, clearspeed is bad

rip muh dreams

if it was dead why the fuck would people buy the yuria staffs, dummy?
Also no one is grinding yuria staffs because it's shit and no one cares

Oh, my mistake too. I found the Black Desert file you were mentioning with the dumps in another folder.

Replaced your GameOption.txt into the main Black Desert there, still nothing.
I have two documents folders, one under my name and a general computer one. This one saved to the general computer area.

just b urself

Just play what class you find the most fun, in this game it's 90% gear and then the rest 10% is the class.

Only class that's extremely broken right now is Berkserker, but you should just kill yourself if you even consider playing that class.

Maehwa is literally the best 1v1 class currently

So this Lavienta event...

which items should i craft?

>burned out from grinding
>exp book still ticking
>anything worth killing takes too long
>anything I can kill gives shit for xp

Yeah love it. Reminds me of eve.

>mfw playing ninja
>mfw deleting entire guilds in nodewars with the shift RMB
>winning about 90% of my 1v1s
>mfw people havent seen that korean outlaw ninja pvp video yet
>mfw class will never be FOTM so I can always be a special snowflake
>mfw class will never get nerfed because people only complain about it
>it might get buffed

>ninja
>male
into the trash

*shitting noises*

>Kunoichi's retarded awakening weapon

A big circle blade. It looks so fucking stupid. I'd rather take katanas.

It's just preference. I think the absurdly big chakrams look really cool. I liked them in Kingdom of Amalur too. They certainly fit a dancer style.

Happy New Year, come try BDO if youre new user! c:

>he doesn't like putting his guns on

>big circle blade
>looks so fucking stupid
>would rather take 6 katanas so he's more badass than kirito
So what, one blade for each limb, one in your mouth and you grab the last one with your asshole?

>Blade gets stuck
>Broken
>Disarmed
>Always have a backup

??

Ninjas have 7 katanas
*unzips pants*
Eat this haha

All 7 together can't beat heilang's though...

Is it better to redeem Hunter seals for armor or weapon stones? Im trying to get my grunil armor to +15 atm.