Why would anyone buy this piece of shit? It's just a rebadged Chevy Tahoe

Why would anyone buy this piece of shit? It's just a rebadged Chevy Tahoe.

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-cadillac-escalade-platinum-test-review
huffingtonpost.com/brian-moody/how-the-cadillac-escalade_b_7977632.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjLfvgWFr7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Niggers are dumb.

Reason 1 - There's nothing wrong with a Tahoe to start with.

Reason 2 - It's not "just" a rebadged Tahoe. It's also got a more upscale interior. Granted the difference used to be larger, but they're still not the same.

And Audis are just rebadged VWs but people still buy them for the interior upgrades. What you don't understand is the consumer, OP. And that's why you're not in sales.

Because they have comfy interiors and that fancy magnetic suspension

still doesn't make it any less shit

They don't buy these. Only people I ever seen in new Escalades are blonde trophy wives

I don't get this. Would people complain about Mercedes if they co-existed with a downmarket brand?

Im not into SUVs since im no single soccermom.. but if i really wanted a luxurious mom wagon, Personally, id go for the Denali. Litteraly has everything a loaded Tahoe has and several features the Escalade has: mag ride, a big digital odometer (nothing special, but nifty) etc.. There might be other things the Escalade might have that the Yukon doesnt, like a nicer looking interior and bigger side mirrors and a Caddy badge. Dont need to pay extra if im already going to pay a fortune for an SUV that has almost every bell and whistle and that costs more than a small house.

Escalades still look way classier. Most people lease these types of vehicles and write them off as a business expense so the extra $200 a month doesn't really matter. If you're loading up a Tahoe to $70k you might as well go all the way and get a 'Lade.

Yeah I don't even think they can afford these yet.

I own one, I traded my 2014 LTZ Silverado I was basically just driving it and never using the bed or anything.

It has awesome interior and features the Denali doesn't it's more focused on a more comfortable ride and has alot of safety features.
It also has cameras and sensors so if someone trys to break in and a person actually tried to jack it and take the rims and the vehicle went off and my phone went off.
Also has storage for a pistol in the console or other valuables same for the back it has a hidden storage too for a AR or valuables.

By valuables they mean drugs, right? GM really knows their customer base lel.

>Also has storage for a pistol in the console or other valuables same for the back it has a hidden storage too for a AR or valuables.
Anthony Cumia? Is that really you?

>so if someone trys to break in and a person actually tried to jack it and take the rims
This is why it would make me super paranoid to own an Escalade or Charger/300. If ya know what I mean...

Yeah you could say that.
Nah.
True but it's still a nice vehicle it really depends what area you are in,I was in a Ghetto ass part of Houston at the time visiting family.

Funny you say that considering that my folks almost got thier Denali XL and F150 platinum jacked several months ago here in htown. The ghetto is basically our back yard. Our garages are fucked beyond repair. Bogels my mind on how we neglected our garage and bought two expensive vehicles.

Damn that's fucked I was in Magnolia Park during Christmas when this happen cause I use to live there next door from my Grandma , I live in Channelview now though.

Oh i see. im like near the acres homes area, kind of the shithole part of the city. Just be glad you didnt leave your Caddy in the open here.

Does it have hard plastic on the doors and lower dash?

I was in a 2015 Yukon Denali and you could tell they based it off a burger-truck, hard plastic everywhere, leather looks like it's been glued on too.

Tacky as fuck and overpriced too.

Maybe the Cadillac is better?

Cadillac interior is way better , the only plastic part is the little storage pocket at the bottom of the door.
The leather is sewn and with the Warranty if have on mine if there a rip or anything , they'll replace it completely or re-upholster

Thats good to hear.

Never been in one, was curious if there was any difference in that regard.

Thats a crazy warranty too

It's very obnoxious that they charge 100k for it when the Tahoe can be had for literally half that.

Not even Toyota pulls this kind of shit with Lexus anymore. Sure, the ES is an Avalon, but you literally can't find any panels that look like they were shared, and you get legitimately more luxury with the L badge. Intensively more soundproofing, more leather, more wood, more standard safety features, more infotainment tech optional....

100k is for the Platinum version with all the TV's , WiFi and extra bells and whistles that aren't really necessary.
The Base Trim and the Luxury Trim is what you want , they are about 70k.

>hard plastic everywhere, leather looks like it's been glued on too.
Hate to break it to you but all of the leather and cloth in the overpriced luxury cars that you like is simply glued onto hard plastic. And there's a ton of exposed hard plastic even in those.

>this is what burgerfats want everyone else to believe

>The swaths of stitched leather atop each door panel, for example, look to have been created by wrapping a cut of leather with a seam in it around a spear of plastic and gluing the result onto the door structure, rather than wrapping the door panel itself. And then there are the window switches and steering-column stalks borrowed from lesser GM products. Mercedes-Benz switchgear, by comparison, tends to trickle down from its most prestigious products; Cadillac still sits downstream from Chevy in this regard.
caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-cadillac-escalade-platinum-test-review

>appears to have been created by wrapping a door shaped object, then transferring the wrap to the door and gluing it on
>rather than just wrapping the door

Do you actually interpret this shit or do you just copy/paste anything that seems like it supports your point. You're just as well off posting Huffington Post articles.

Look at the new C Class. There's hard plastic and veneer covered plastic everywhere with leather seats and armrests, just like Cadillac.

>Huffington Post
Ok.

>The interior is about as luxurious as you’d expect given the $72,000 base price, but it falls slightly short of really knocking your socks off like a Range Rover or Jaguar might. But the real beauty with the Escalade isn’t in its aesthetics
huffingtonpost.com/brian-moody/how-the-cadillac-escalade_b_7977632.html

>Look at the new C Class.

C-Class is a 40k vehicle. This Cadillac asks for 70-100k.

>gluing on an interior
>rather than wrapping an interior

Amerifats, everyone.

>C-Class is a 40k vehicle. This Cadillac asks for 70-100k.
And is capable of much more given it's on a truck platform. The comfort is far from the only thing you're paying for with an Escalade. That's all the C Class has going for it, of course it's going to cost less.

You're still wrapping it either way. Using an adhesive improves durability.

>And is capable of much more given it's on a truck platform.

Yes. It was built on the Silverado chassis not to save money the good ol GM way, but so that suburban moms could offroad when they're done at Macy's.

It was built on the Silverado platform to give it the same capabilities as the Silverado. Are you seriously suggesting you would have preferred GM designed an entirely new platform for the Escalade which would have increased cost and been on absolutely no advantage?

people complain about Mercedes ruining any company Mercedes owns in an attempt to make their own brand seem better.
Example: Chrysler/Dodge

>which would have increased cost
You mean beyond the additional 50 THOUSDAND DOLLARY DOOS they already ask for over the Tahoe?

>additional 50 THOUSDAND DOLLARY DOOS they already ask for over the Tahoe?
26k over a base Tahoe, 11.5k over a Premier Tahoe, or 8k over a Yukon Denali.

Where are you getting $50k?

>buying a base Tahoe

This is probably the most autistic dash GM ever put in their vehicles right next to the grand prix.

>50k
Tahoe

>100k
Escalade

50 thousand dollar difference. And for what? Gloss plastic center console instead of matte plastic center console.

Fuck GMC and thier overpowered lane detection sensors that fuck up radar detectors
>BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>K Band Detected

>100k
Try $76k.

Y u being cheap tho?

Nigga dont u want options?

If I wanted to blow money I'd get a Suburban HD.

>ESV

This. Then fit an Escalade front clip and interior. Become burbalade 2.0.

The Burbalade doesn't have an Escalade front clip anymore.

>GM isn't offering a Yukon XL HD
>The Suburban HD tow rating is less than half that of the standard Suburban

WHYYYYYY

Funny thing is that most Audis weren't VWs just a decade ago, but every time they reach downmarket with a rebadged Volkswagen, the damn things sell.

Sure, it'll weaken their brand cachet in the long run, but they'll probably still make more money that way.

>Implying that Mercedes isn't its own downmarket brand in most places that aren't America

>Complaining about the lack of value in the most upmarket sibling of a badge-engineered car

You're missing the point. It's never been about value.

This is part of it, especially when it comes to fleet/livery vehicles (where "classier" is going to matter). Plus it's a relatively prestigious badge over a platform that's going to be way more reliable/durable than a German or Japanese equivalent for that kind of use.

...And the truck-ness of it also makes it appealing to the other big buyers, the richfags who need to tow shit. German and japshit can be more luxurious, but their drivetrains aren't known to tolerate much more than the occasional tow. An Escalade is something a spoiled housewife won't be embarrassed to be seen in, but can still be used to drag the boat/horse trailer around without grenading the transmission.

However, you shall forever be known as Burbalade.

Fair enough. It's still got the interior.

Aren't basically all American SUVs rebadged Tahoes and Suburbans?

>confirmation bias

Any other Eurofags here obsessed with the Tahoe and Suburban?

>tfw literally never seen a new one IRL

Reminder this is what the FIRST Escalades looked like
>rebadged GMC

hahahaha

shit forgot pic

>It's never been about value.

I'll take "Every GM product ever" for 400, Alex.

>tfw you cruise on the Autobahn in your compact shitbox and one of these houses on wheels overtakes you at like 110 mph
Absolute madman. Bet it ran on LPG, otherwise he might as well install a gasifier for his cash bills.

my friends chevy suburban with 454 engine (7.4l) v8

Admittedly we got some of those here as well, but a newer one, like from 2000 till now, is almost impossible to find. I'm literally willing to bet for money that there are less than 30 Chevy Suburbans from 2005 or newer in the entire country.

The largest cars here on the road are Land Rovers and Mercedes SUVs, but take a look at this video how the Suburban absolutely DWARFS those Discovery's:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjLfvgWFr7U

Skip to 1:30

And an Excursion is even bigger.

its easy to get in touch with the owners if you are a member of a USA car club, love american cars and 454 suburban is just a pure monster

>454 suburban
No thank you. With the oil prices here you'd have to take out a new mortgage for every fuel tank.

That's not an escalade cluster, that's from a Cadillac sedan. Escalade has a digital cluster