Old fucks on the road

Why in the fuck are old farts allowed to drive? Cops should be handing out citations that aren't a fine, but a mandatory driving test for people on the road who don't seem like they can handle it. Test will require

>show ability to maintain speed limit on dry road
>going around corners at a reasonable speed
>merging onto the highway and then driving on it at the speed limit

Add in some other shit, but if they fail any that's the end of their time on the road. I can understand shitty teen drivers, you gotta start somewhere, but geriatrics will never improve

Other urls found in this thread:

ontario.ca/page/renew-g-drivers-licence-80-years-and-over
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in Ontario old folks (80+) are required to have driving test/exams every 2 years.

ontario.ca/page/renew-g-drivers-licence-80-years-and-over

pic unrelated

Shutup kid

old folks vote
and they're going to make the minimum driving age 55
and the speed limit 16

Kek
>cars go back to powerglide tranny

Well that's good Canada, it's nice to see you guys do something smart now and then

Eh, even if I was old I'd just say fuck it and drive anyway. Old people don't go to jail and don't need to worry about keeping their record clean so who cares?

>right lanes only unless passing
>Old farts in Buicks stay in far left doing 65 in a 70 because they still think it's 65 even though the speed limit changed several years ago now
>Still can't go around them because truckers everywhere also going 64 in the far right and 65 in the middle

It's bad enough I have to look at your stupid Rendezvous but so much worse that you use it to hold up everyone else expecting to do 70 (or 80 as traffic often does). Just because we have signs every 20 miles declaring HELL IS REAL doesn't mean you need to remind us that we're in it.

If you wanna get deep with it, I think the oldies want to be independent and they try and then end up causing problems while driving

could not agree more.

fun fact, here in australia we get constant propaganda about how young p plate drivers are at risk and are the highest bracket of accidents.

it's a complete fucking lie. 40-49 year olds and 80+ completely double young people in the number of accidents they cause.

old fucks in my state can drive freely until they turn 75
then they have to get a driving lesson every 5 years after that
it definitely isnt having any effect on these fuckers though because i see white haired grandmas in shitboxes with tons of dents driving around like they own the road

such is life in central pennsylvania

Other side of the border here in Ohio. But, yeah, midwest life is suffering. Even if you love your car eventually the salt and other drivers kill it in some horrible way.

if we can just put these old folks on ice for about twenty years (i.e. Trump's fifth term as emperor) then the government will confiscate their old cars and replace them with self-driving cars pre-programmed for the doctors office, the pharmacy, etc...

100% this.

I live in the adelaide hills which is full of the elderly.
First time I ever got road rage was because I was stuck behind some old cunt in a lexus going 30-40km uphill on a 60km road and this fucker would hit the brake on every single turn

In USA there is no re-test outside of a 5 second eye exam and you could indeed pass it while half blind. Sad part is no legislation takes place here unless enough people die first and for each one you have to prove it back to this.

>my office is right next to company that ships products 24/7 so there's always semis
>Down the street is a hospital/doctors offices/old age home
>the road to work is two lanes
>at least once a week I get treated to being stuck behind a semi and Lincoln Towncar having a contest of who can accelerate slower from a light all the way to work

I get the weekend chinese drivers around here. They can't drive for shit. Probably because they never drive the rest of the week.

>be me
>ride with a senile grandpa in his 10 year old F250
>gramps in his mid 80s
>can barely see shit but denies it
>in a 30 mph zone
>goes 10 to 15 mph
>"i can take the wheel for you granddad"
>"WILL YOU JUST HUSH UP AND LET ME CONCETRATE user"

Thank christ we live in a small town.

No, a test for the elderly needs to be more serious.
If they cannot control an over steering car they should have their license permanently revoked.
After ~40 years of driving if you can't control oversteer you're a hazard on the road.

>going around corners at a reasonable speed
This is only acceptable if you're driving a classic car in great condition.
>merging onto the highway and then driving on it at the speed limit
This is only acceptable if you merge onto the right-most lane and aren't pushing your slow limit below 15mph under the speed limit.

That being said, you can be a slow old fuck on the road if you know when its acceptable.

95% of the drivers on the 401 are fucking pakis, ruskies, or chinks anyway. age is irrelevant when all these retards come from countries where they don't have stop lights and shit in the streets.

Try driving in Florida where have not only local old people but old people from the Northeast driving here.