Bought a 87 Supra. What should I do to it? Pic not mine but same model/color

Bought a 87 Supra. What should I do to it? Pic not mine but same model/color.

Take to shop for thorough inspection and compression test

Make sure you head gasket is torqued to the corrected specs, because Toyota are dumb.

I've heard head gasket is like a top priority.

Im building a cold air intake for it bc fuck the dry rotted hoses so I can get it to my buds shop.

just 1g/1jz swap already. its been an hour.

Change the oil

change the headgasket and torque the headbolts down super hard

Turbo?

NA or turbo?

all that's in manual around me is NA, which sucks. the 7MGTE and correlating transmission are completely different from the 7MGE platform unfortunately. they also generally get shit MPG so thats a bit of a turnoff as a stock setup (although who buys supras for mpg)

but if youre doing a 1/2JZ swap whocareslol

2JZ swap

Friend has. Is good

is there anything to be gained by re torquing the head as is? no headgasket leaks in my 7m yet

You can do this if you're positive the gasket isn't fucked already. Change all the fluids and check the old stuff for metal shavings and signs of hard driving and neglect

Op, are you

Kek, he was checking to see if we would be mean to him. Kind of cute in a way.

Rear engine conversion.

Yes. It it's not at the correct spec it will blow. Guaranteed. It's when, not if.

>yet
wew

do fkn touch the head bolts if you haven't changed the gasket, if it hasn't gone now it's fine and re torquing down the old gasket will kill it faster than letting it drive about.
so many cunts do this and it blows then they cry hur dur 7m a shit.
if you crank up the boost on the old gasket it's also your fault if it blows, it's probably a 25-30 year old gasket in there it's not made of magic

*don't

Should've had the engine overnighted before he bought the car senpai