Why do truck "enthusiasts" do such shit mods? And I don't mean subjective shit that's opinion based either...

Why do truck "enthusiasts" do such shit mods? And I don't mean subjective shit that's opinion based either. In attached picture:

>Pointless wheel offset that ruins front wheel bearings
>Less ground clearance than stock
>Borderline low profile stretched tires
>Burning extra fuel to belch black smoke
>Shit quality aftermarket headlights

Cool trucks exist, but the vast majority of them are shit heaps like pic related and owned by instagram whores wearing dickeys jackets, cheap cowboy boots, and who use big league chew bubblegum and pretend to dip. I see way more of these morons than I do riced out Civics now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_DB5mPjV2zc
youtube.com/watch?v=AAJWeQFTUXY
youtube.com/watch?v=oIcOLPrXtQM
youtu.be/s9k1KaoNDHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=_DB5mPjV2zc

At least they're quick, unlike a stanced Civic.

Poor education and mixing with other people with poor education.

1.That truck is faster than your sports car
2. That truck can pull your jet skiis, sea doos, dirt bikes, quads, side x sides, sand rail, rock crawler.
3. That truck can pull a convoy of trailer full of all those things, and a camping trailer, and still be faster in a straight line 1/4 mile than your "sport car"

With enough boost my ride-on lawnmower would be faster than a GTR, your point is?

For one, the a e s t h e t i c

>1.That truck is faster than your sports car
I want to see this truck driving 150mph.
>2. That truck can pull your jet skiis, sea doos, dirt bikes, quads, side x sides, sand rail, rock crawler.
Pretty much any car can pull these on a trailer.
>3. That truck can pull a convoy of trailer full of all those things, and a camping trailer, and still be faster in a straight line 1/4 mile than your "sport car"
Source?

They're impressively quick for something that size and can still tow shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=AAJWeQFTUXY

>less ground clearance then stock

Unless theyre lowering their trucks or putting baby tires on idk what you mean by this.

>as quick as almost base model Tesla
>Tesla has only 1 out of 2 engines
>old model
>big heavy battery

I´d like to see a race against the P100D

The same style oriented mods people do to their rice burners

The P100D only runs a 10.8 1/4. There's a lot of 10 second trucks and a few 9 second tucks that still appear stockish.

youtube.com/watch?v=oIcOLPrXtQM

>tesla does 10,8 stock
>heavily modifyed trucks with drag racing tires are a bit faster

You do know electric cars are verry easy to modify and increase their torque and power?

Yeah the Tesla tuning scene is massive.... Doesn't change the fact that the Tesla is cucked to the road and can't tow...

>Pointless wheel offset that ruins front wheel bearings
Status symbol. Instantly shows people they've got (generally expensive) aftermarket wheels. It's not for any utilitarian purpose.

>Less ground clearance than stock
Quite false here. You're obviously not into offroad so you don't actually understand what clearances matter and when, so for now I'll give you a pass but advise you not to bring this up in the future unless you learn to use and build 4x4s.

>Borderline low profile stretched tires
Kind of status symbol, kind of road going manners if they're not stretched much. It's mostly just to go with the large wheels but the short sidewall can improve on road handling even if though it sacrifices ride quality and off road capability.

>Burning extra fuel to belch black smoke
Again, status symbol. Rolling coal shows people you have a diesel. Diesels cost more than gassers.

>Shit quality aftermarket headlights
Status symbol once again, along with the grill and obnoxious visor strip. Anything that's clearly visible and isn't stock shows that you spent money on it.

>tesla can´t tow
pretty much the opposite
youtu.be/s9k1KaoNDHw

i don't understand, are you trying to discredit OP? because nothing you just said did that

dont care about trucks but

>dissing BIG LEAGUE CHEW

REEEEEEE NORMIES OUT

>Tesla tuning scene
Not Teslas, but all kind of electrical concersions are tuned.
Back in 2010 the white zombie did better than the tesla, the owner still increases the power of that little Datsun 1200...

>Dat Cummins

The Zombie222 is fast as fuck too. But good luck modifying a Tesla and voiding your warranty then getting fucked when it's time to replace the $20k battery pack. It's definitely not a platform for tuning...

>baby tires

What size is considered baby?

I ave 275 60 20 on my 1999 dodge ram

And many more EV are insanely quick.
Also no tuner cares about the waranty anyway and there are better platforms to modify

I'm not here to argue one side or the other. OP asked why, and I told him why. The only thing I discredited OP on was the comment on clearance.

Going fast with a trailer is not the same as towing safely. Good job proving your side of the argument by proving you don't understand the argument you're attempting to partake in.

Cara in general have a shit mod community. For every one "lowered and cat back exhaust" there's a dozen "slammed and straightpiped". Trucks just seem to be more common than cars in parts of the world.

cara delevigne? love ha

The Model S has enough mass to counter any force from the trailer, its brakes are designed for a high weight anyway and it usesregenerative braking.
I don´t see an safety problem.

>The Model S has enough mass to counter any force from the trailer,
No, it doesn't. It might be heavy for sporty car but it's extremely light for a tow vehicle.

>I don´t see an safety problem.
Then it's a good thing you're not the one that sets tow ratings.

1. That truck can beat my car in a straight line (big deal)
2. >owning any of those
3. >owning any of those
>straight line speed
>ever relevant
The car that can average 100 MPH around the track is going to beat the car that can hit 150 MPH on a certain straight of the track.

>over 4000 pound is light
Also the centre of gravity is extremely low, wich benifits its stability even more.

>over 4000 pound is light
For a tow vehicle, yes. You're no thinking in terms of tow vehicles. 6-7000 lbs is considered normal with 5000 lbs being on the light side.

Even my sub ton econobox is allowed to tow a 10 meter long trailer with a glider on it...

Try taking that down a logging road or mountain pass champ. A human can tow over 400k lbs, good luck turning or going downhill with that...

Own a F250 in Southern Iowa, from mid Missouri. See lots of clapped out Cummins and Durmaxes with 20x12 or 22x14 wheels with cheap federal tires on them, straight pipe with a transmission killing tune and other cheap garbage their parents wouldnt buy after getting their truck.

I use mine for the boat and 2 tractors we have. I love the interior space, better mileage, sound and power from my truck compared to a gasser. Their are tradeoffs, but you can tell when a truck has been nigger rigged and is clapped out. The fade should die just like the civic fad did. Then prices will go back down.

>meter
Trailer length isn't the issue, weight is. And weight ratings vary greatly by region due to differing landscapes, safety margins, and even trailer design.

>like trucks and vehicles in general that are kitted out for off roading, and just lift kits in general
>also like small shitboxes like festivas and such