$3K Civic meme worked well for years but it's getting to be too small now. Looking for larger sedans like pic related...

$3K Civic meme worked well for years but it's getting to be too small now. Looking for larger sedans like pic related, budget around $10K.

Tell me why I have shit taste Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/686701253/overview/
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/686170810/overview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GS is nice, but the LS is nicer. You really cant go wrong with Lexus, however the aut/o/fag in me says its a boring car (I have an LS460).

get one of these

Boring is OK, this is meant to be the M-F dadmobile. I can buy a separate fun car for weekends.

Genesis sedan got suggested as an alternative but not sure about long term reliability on them as well as never being able to shake the "Walmart Mercedes" thing

Hmm, TL-S had a manual option, that would mitigate the fact that Honda forgot how to make an automatic transmission that doesn't shit itself. Probably hard to find one though or they're gonna be overpriced.

DO NOT GET A NISSAN. Yeah, a 3.5L V6 Altima or Maxima posts impressive 0-60 times, but they are poorly constructed machines.

Lexus GS would be my top choice. Good taste man.

Pontiac G8's Miiiiight be under 10k now, have not checked. Pontiac would be my 1st choice actually.

Probably at $10k so soon, for many reasons xD. My friend had his oil changed at a Firestone instead of a Kia dealership. Warranty GONE.

The Maxima is perfectly fine so long as it's a 1995-2003 model with the 5 or 6 speed manual. 2004+ Maxima's are trash
Why not a fun dad car?
Things like the Taurus SHO, Grand Prix GTP, Regal GS
You can pick up twin turbo Taurus SHO's and Ford Flex's for around 10k

Yes the 3.0L's and 5 speeds were great, but are really long in the tooth now. Water pumps, timing belt, rubber bits and all the other wear and tear parts are junk yarding those things.

>You can pickup twin turbo Taurus SHO's and Ford Flex's for around 10k

lol no you can't

Yes you can.
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/686701253/overview/
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/686170810/overview/

LMAO
The first has over 165,000 miles
The second has 112,000 miles
I would never buy an Ecoboost TT with over 100,000 miles, not ever

Lexus GS is absolutely patrician tier OP, that's an excellent choice for a daily driver.

can still get them for the required price. suck a fat one. You were proven wrong.

>proven wrong
The problem is no one wants to buy any Ecoshit car that has over 100,000 miles, so no you don't win

The GS has always rubbed me the right way for whatever reason. Sat in a G8 actually and just felt like I was totally surrounded by plastic. Might be willing to overlook if I could find a G8 GT.

Short term reliability has been good for the older 3.8L/4.6L models (09-11) but I've heard lots of complaints about the 12+ ones having issues with the switch to GDI

>Taurus
High sills and giant center console made it feel tiny.
>GTP/GS
Do like those, but getting a little long in the tooth, and any sellers near me seem to be outright fucking retarded and asking over $8K for anything with the L32. No L67s.

3k LS400

Thanks. Stretching the budget would get me to GS 450h but I might opt for GS350 AWD instead.

Not interested in either car DESU so argument is moot

Dad mode says "needs more airbags" - newer LS sadly is a little up in price unless I buy a really high mileage one.

Just get a GS, second gen 400/430s are the tits and competed favorably with the E39 M5

Prefer the look of the 3rd gens but I suppose I could consider 2nd if it doesn't compromise reliability or safety.

Appreciate all the feedback. Thanks.

why not look into Saab 9-3 Aeros?
2.8L V6 Turbo, available 6 speed manual. Newer models had optional AWD, available wagon, and it's a Saab so they were obsessed with safety.
There's even a hardcore all black sleeper version known as the Turbo X.

The 400 is the venerable 1UZ from the LS but tuned to over 300hp
The 430 is the 3UZ from the LS as well but tuned to the same power as the 400, can't remember what the advantage to the 3UZ was over the 1 because the 1UZ is legendary