How does Veeky Forums feel about Audi partnering with Nvidia to put AI cars on the road by 2020...

how does Veeky Forums feel about Audi partnering with Nvidia to put AI cars on the road by 2020? Do you guys think it will be shit or actually be worth the money for the convince?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fmVWLr0X1Sk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

true AI is so far away it doesn't even matter. When someone really does make a true AI we all gonna die a few months later so it doesn't matter either.

I'd be ok with my new robot overlords

>by 2020

Yea we will have Mars colonized by then too.

Pro tip OP. Gigantic infrastructure changes don't happen in 4 years

if it means I can get into a taxi without having to talk to someone I'm on board

>Pro tip OP. Gigantic infrastructure changes don't happen in 4 years

2020 is just the start though.

By 2030 Im confident truck drivers will be jobless.

>infrastructure changes don't happen in 4 years
your totally right, where I live (VA/USA) all changes to roads (new lights/lanes) are assessed to 2050
but the promise here isn't to the infrastructure
the whole idea is that the self driving cars will fit within the existing infrastructure
we don't have to paint bright lines or hang wires over every highway

>'Let's make sure none of our kids ever have to learn to drive'

IT'S OVER

they already figured that self driving cars work well near city's with halfway decent roads. they do not work out in the bonnies on shit roads. Infrastructure change is gonna be needed for it to work

>have to
that is a good thing
shitheads who aren't interested in driving should let someone/thing do it for them

nvidia made a point of saying the first cars would have more of a copilot that would give a confidence rating on its ability and ask you to drive the parts it cant

think a bit harder about what he meant

>car brand that forces leather interior on you
>mechanically unreliable since volkswagen
>self-driving
This sounds undesirable in every way.

Maybe they will finally be able to sleep then.

no

The CO pilot feature sounds fucking horrible to me though it sounds like the worst back seat driver imaginable

>10 years later this literally became true
i want off this ride

>catches on fire
>drivers brick the system
Pick both

Except now AMD has good drivers while Nvidia's have shit drivers and still overheat

>the whole idea is that the self driving cars will fit within the existing infrastructure
>we don't have to paint bright lines or hang wires over every highway

IMMAM IMPOSSIBLE:
*cue music*
Electrochromic paint lines are put onto the road. Large areas of the road surface are painted with a different electrochromic color to emulate light colored concrete or road pavement as needed to misguide the car computers.

Your mission, should you so accept, is to install the electrochromic paint on the highway.
The temporarily modified roadway will change its markings enough to lead a number of self-driving cars to drive head-on into the other lanes of traffic. Their auto braking will be moot to prevent a crash. The computer box controlling the paint will automatically sense when the target car has passed Point A. The paint will be enabled at that time.

>competent road maintenance is an infrastructure change
it would literally be easier to get a big truck and ram them

what universe do you live in?
AMD still sucks cock with drivers. Something goes wrong every time i try it. Fan control keeps getting BTFO as well with them stuck at 40%. Thats modern AMD quality.

Nvidia is a company convicted in the past of testing violation similar to volkswagon / audi.

Nvidia would probably game the system again and just before any crash, it would trigger the "driver take over" message to be entered into the logfile. That way, the driver would be blamed for all crashes and not the software. It would be a dirty way to avoid lawsuits by framing the driver each time. would nvidia do such a thing? Of course it would.

just means audi wants in on the goldmine that is autonomous vehicles but they need a dedicated hardware company to help them

It's going to be shit but people will buy it anyway because very few people still like cars and only see them as appliances to go from point A to point B and if they can do that while shitposting on kikebook, then it's all for the best in their eyes.

A whole new dimension of jokes.

works on my machine bro, and I'm running linux. Had no problem installing my gpu drivers.

Can you shill for NVidia any harder? Do you shill for GM too? How does that work?

What a time to be alive, am i right lads?

>implying anyone will still be living on the country
>implying people won't be forced via the economy to go live in a big city
>implying they won't be selling their inherited real estates to private corporations like the retards they are

HEY! People selling their homes and stuff to big corp in exchange for a few shekels and go live in some overcrowded shitty ghetto cuz muh 50k/year. It's the industrial revolution all over again

All I want to know is, can my car play Skyrim in 4K?

They said it's the most powerful computer they've ever made so maybe at 5 fps

Based on most German car manufacturers track records lately, I'd imagine that it will not be a driverless car at all. It will also get 12 miles to the gallon when advertising 45.

All I hope is that we may finally have decent infotainment animations and hd graphics for the satnav.

>GPU overheats when speedometer display is showing 45mph at 3.5 Terraflops per second
>Nvidia

That can happen when the net taxpayers are outnumbered by the net non-taxpayers.

Since VW/Audi faked their performance results just like Nvidia also faked its performance results, who knows what the actual performance results would be?

Inb4 they gimp old cars like they do graphics cards then they crash themselves

So, this new product is a collaboration between two dishonest companies. And the product has a built-in excuse generator of "driver take over now". It's not much good at driving then because the driver is always anxiously waiting for the device to return control. It would be an inferior version of google's learning driver which uses existing cars to improve and update its maps.

Is the car going to be held together with wood screws too?

>Do you guys think it will be shit or actually be worth the money for the convince?
For driving in cities and towns where you can't actually drive anyway because of traffic, buses, traffic lights, pedestrians, more traffic and speed cameras it makes sense.

For real driving on actual road where you can actually drive your car it would be the worst thing ever.

>Is the car going to be held together with wood screws too?
I just don't like how they are releasing it as an incomplete product that we have to pay for and then using the customers as the data collectors for their database.

Environment recognition actually seems to work pretty well

youtube.com/watch?v=fmVWLr0X1Sk

>Do you guys think it will be shit or actually be worth the money for the convince?
It will be SHIT if you can't rely on it because you will be filled with anxiety. Remember, YOU are the one that gets the lawsuits even when nvidia gives you a bad driver.

Does it? Maybe. That's a youtube promotional video. They didn't just lift it directly from the vehicle cameras (which just happen to be in normal widescreen resolution with convenient labels to explain what's going on!). Actual self driving camera images look nothing like that.