What are absolute deal breakers when looking to buy a used car? I'd like to get a solid list going for newbs

What are absolute deal breakers when looking to buy a used car? I'd like to get a solid list going for newbs

For me it's the following
>rust on axles/exhaust/frames
>leaks inside the engine
>accidents that caused structural damage
>poor and/or improper maintenance

Cloth seats that aren't brand new replacements because they will be full of the previous owners farts

>rust on exhaust or frame

Must be nice living in Arizona. Only way we find a car like that around here is if it has 0 miles on it and is always stored indoors

If any of the previous owners were niggers

Obama/Hillary bumper stickers

And where is this? If the frame is rusted to hell it is REALLY hard to justify buying the car at that point

True, they tend to either do zero maintenance because they can't afford it or they nig out their cars

Smell of anus on the shift knob

t. shitstains.

>Has more than 150k miles
>Car hood doesn't close completely
>"Needs TLC"
>Shit interior
>Interior smells like smoke
>Paint wearing off on car with rust

Then buy something with leather seats

You should do that regardless. Buying a car with used cloth is like buying a used shirt

I blow a nut on every cloth seat car I own and rub it in real good. My uncle showed me this. Said it was family tradition but not to speak of it.

You are a cunt of the highest order

I mean it's not significant rust, but pretty much every car here has surface rust on frames and exhaust

Nugget what fucking car is sold with a stainless exhaust or doesn't have some surface rust on suspension components

>Any transmission shuddering when on test drive (auto)
>Oil cap is covered in milky shit from blown gasket
>Obvious negligence of maintenance
>Smoked in
>Engine making really strange noises
>Motor mounts are fucked 360 and car is a rattle can.
>Lack of basic maintenance.

i do this too but on errycar leather or not. also i work on cars so i DO cum and rub it on as much cars as possible.

I seriously doubt that

A lot of cars actually, unless you're budget is sub 2k, in which case you take what you can but you'll have to either put money aside virtually every month just to keep it running, or get rid of it after 1-2 years

I work at a Volvo dealership and like to open up to a random page in the owners manual... just slip some cum in there. A nice treat for those bookworms. Lol!

KEK

I work at a Chrysler dealer in San Francisco. Whenever black people buy a car, I cut their brake lines. Lmao

rusted frames/axles/anywhere structurally important
smells bad or any previous owners were smokers.
modded
doesn't have roadworthy.

i would buy a subaru with 4 blown head gaskets if it didn't have any of those problems.

Bought a used car & I shop at thrift stores.

You don't eat at restaurants? Hate to eat with used cutlery...

So Juan, you're the one doing that to my car at Ontario Volvo.

PS: how get job at volvo.

The seller has a vagina.

Haha! Love you, man.

Something that people forget to mention when shopping for used cars is make sure you DRIVE the shit out of it before you commit to buying it. If you're planning to spend more than a thousand bucks on your ride, make sure you drive it for at LEAST an hour and at sustained high speeds (a little faster than you would normally drive). This will let you find out the real issues that the car has (bad shifting, overheating, rough idle, steering issues, bad shocks or suspension, AC doesnt work, weird smell, you name it).

That's exactly how I got mine. Love it!

I'm not letting anyone drive my car for an hour just because it's expensive.

rebuilt title
rust on control arms
more than 90K miles
isnt washed and detailed while presented
NOS tanks in the back
if its made in Korea
20 year old interior should look like pic related.

also forgot to add. I would NEVER buy a used car thats been used as an emergency vehicle. They drive them really hard, and I am not talking crown vic here I am basically targeting SUVs

The rebuilt title and everything else but the 90k miles i'd be concerned about, i'd rather have a 150k mile engine with little wear than a 60k engine that hasnt had an oil change, wore out, and has a bunch of blowby.

outside of the obvious
but where the car has been
>car spent some part of its life in a area that snowed
i live in socal, we dont get snow, we dont get salted roads

Same here in Cali, our clearcoats peel off a little especially on black cars that soak up the sun but it's all good.

yea sucks when that happens but i live in a apartment complex with guarentee parking
>resident only parking section with gate
>no assigned spots just need a placard
>2nd basement floor only half full at anytime
having it kept indoors help and waxed
also not sure if it decreases the clearcoats life if the owners dont take care of it

For me its no books and or service history

Title issues
Rust but im in Phoenix so it's rare to see actual damaging rust.
Minority owners
Women owners
A lot of aftermarket bullshit
Motherfuckers that will only text or email

>inb4 boomer.

Domestic brand

Any car with a CVT transmission
Any Oil/Coolant leaks
Anything with a cambelt which hasnt been changed in the last 40,000km
Anything with poor rear visibility

price too high

Non blacks buy Chrysler products?!?

>previous owner is anything but a white man

>point out issue that wasn't mentioned in ad
O-oh yeah but thats a simple fix it just bolts right back on see its in the trunk and that's pretty much all that's wrong with it

>why didnt you do it before listing the car if its so easy?
Oh yeah I would but I'm recovering from an injury (that must be invisible)

>hey here's another issue
Oh yeahh those are cheap though, just like 50 bucks on ebay and that's pretty much all that's wrong with it

>and another
Yeah but that's about it too nothing else other than what you already found yep

WAT-stickers

>Domestic brand
"Import" brand but made in the USA

>Implying that even 74.5 million Black people in the US could possibly buy 1.5 million Chryslers a year.

>license plate number obscured by thumb
>thumb isn't white

When I see that it was owned by an Indian cunt

can't stand them as people and their cars fucking stink just like they literally do.

NSFW pictures on a blue fucking board you nigger

Automatic transmission.

I would be comfortable with letting the seller drive it for extended periods of time to see if anything happens, provided he actually drives it normal and not in a way to work around any quirks with the vehicle. I'd reimburse gas if we were doing that and I didn't buy though; it seems a bit much.

>rust on exhaust

>smoked in

>isnt washed and detailed while presented

>cloth seats

Suddenly it's clear why there are so many "I can't find any cars" threads and why people buy terrible fucking laughable cars and say "It was the only car I could afford"

no kidding, I'm looking for a used Mazda3 and I'm restricting myself to GT models with leather.

Oh look the shitters are here.

I kinda agree on the smoked in part for health reasons. In my case my asthma goes insane even with the odor of tobacco. As far as washing and or detailing. The car may not need to be freshly washed, but the owner should make sure that it's at least clean and presentable to any potential buyer. First impressions are really important

Want to know how I know you've never visited the rust belt?

>I seriously doubt that

Kek.

>engine is warm when you come to look at it

>German
>seller gets offended/defensive when you want to get it inspected before buying it.
>salvage title

>rust on frame

Then no mazda past 2000 can be a fit for you.

>20 year old interior should look like pic related.
Everything raped with dashboard wipes? God no, I bet that stinks of AutoGlym.
Regular light cleaning is better than irregular nuclear option cleaning before a sale.

Here I just improved your selection of used cars by 30%

>tfw factory single stage paint

fade lyf

Cars that are inappropriately priced. I don't give a shit if the car has leaks, rust or a blown up transmission. If the car is priced accordingly that's all stuff I can fix.

I live in Louisiana and even I have some slight surface rusting on the underside of my 2011 car. Only a new vehicle is completely rust free.

>20 year old interior should look like pic related.
Rattle can sprayed shit white that's flaking off everywhere?

Any sort of rough shift, and it needs to start under it's own power.

>I seriously doubt that

Well then you are seriously delusional.

>the owner should make sure that it's at least clean and presentable to any potential buyer. First impressions are really important
This is also straight up fucking stupid. It's for sure important if you're SELLING a car but when buying a car, this is probably the number one most desirable "flaw" that can be "repaired" cheaply and easily. It might suggest a disregard for maintenance but between normies not thinking of it and flippers over-using it it's pretty meaningless beyond affecting my offer.

This is bullshit. Owners manuals come wrapped in plastic.

>Source: Just bought a brand new car. haven't even unwrapped the shit because it's all available online

Veeky Forums how do I tell if a car has significant rust or just surface rust? Every 4Runner I come across here in Ohio is rusted to hell underneath and I don't know if I'm just blowing things out of proportion or if I'm just SoL on 90% of 4runners for sale no matter what

This shit drives me up the fucking wall. I'm very clear with sellers before I even meet that I'll buy the car either way, I just want full disclosure so I know what I'm getting into.

Really any time someone uses the words "easy fix" in the ad. No, fuck off, if it was an easy fix you'd a done it.

Still clothed, faggot. Get off of Veeky Forums when you're supposed to be working, fag

>My asthma is triggered by something that couldn't possibly trigger it.

Fuck off, princess. We don't need you on the roads. God forbid a Prius drives by and you choke on the exhaust.

My dad told me when I was 5 years old that if you ever get to a car deal and it's already running not to even get out of your car.

That's great condition in Minnesota.

It's usually pretty obvious. You can rub surface rust off with your bare hands

>ad doesnt mention major items like mileage
>the ad is 2 sentences
>horrible grammer in broken english in ad
>only one pic of car

I too instinctively look for white male sellers. Ive never known a female or black person to do a single bit of maintenance to their cars until somethings completely fucked.

Also why the fuck is every car on craigslist priced double or triple its bluebook value? No i dont want to pay $6k for your 2003 civic with 220k miles on it.

how the fuck does rust like that happen? looks like it got infected at the factory.

fk, this girls body looks exactly like my friend while studying abroad. Thanks for making me sad fgt

> Rust, at all
> Insurance writeoff
> Older than 5 years
> Base model
> Unreliable brand
> More than 50k miles

That's just surface rust.

If the dude never bothered getting his fucking car washed, you better believe there are going to be other issues he never bothered taking care of either.

The point is that you want to buy a car that the owner gave a shit about and enjoyed/loved driving. Not something they just used to get around and did the bare minimum to keep running. Some people don't even bother getting their oil changed on time, despite the face it takes 10 mins and is dirt cheap. It's pretty sad a lot of you have since shit standards for buying cars, then you're the same people that bitch and complain that so and so car is terrible. All because you didn't bother trying to find something that wasn't shit

And must to add to this, always take to a shop even if you like the car

If it's a minority or female owner, almost guaranteed there will be issues they didn't tell you about. If you ask to take it to one and they say no or try talking you out of it, don't buy the car at all.

Anything newer than about 2005 is a turn off.
Engine codes at time of sale are a turn off.

Rust in unibody seams. If you find anything like that walk away. It's not worth bothering with.

Would it be too autistic to get an obd scanner thingy and bring it with you to see an used car?

No but it's pointless because if there is a code the owner most likely erased it

It's far better to have a good shop do it. They can check for pending/deleted codes

He didn't mention using a cheap $10 Bluetooth Android scanner.

However with that said, I take my $21 Bluetooth scanner with me and check for pending and deleted codes.

If you already have a high quality scanner that can check those than that's different. But I wouldn't recommend investing in one of you don't have one. Unless you plan on keeping it for yourself.

Like I said, if you go to see a car that's for sale and it's just been fucking detailed it's less likely a sign "the owner gave a shit about it" and more likely a sign that he's trying to distract from something else. I don't know why you expect white males to be any more forthcoming about issues the car might have either but these two facts combined peg you as just exactly the kind of idiot I could make $1,000 flipping some polished turd onto.

>Yeah bro I've been driving it for years it never left me stranded but that's only to be expected from an Echo as long as you keep the oil and filters changed like women never do. Lolniggers amirite? How about that ice cold AC?

BRRAAAAAAP

ffffft

Poor maintenance intervals

>meaningless
There's a reason dealerships sell cars all polished and shiny and done up with tire shine. People looking for a new car want a shiny object presented to them.
When you're selling a car, you polish that shit and make it sparkle. The first impression is everything, and it shows you're not hiding rust under the dirt.
With my first car, I literally did polish it until the metal-flake paint sparkled before taking the pictures to sell it with. And it worked, it sold within a week.

>>rust on axles/exhaust/frames
Rust on exhaust? lol

>>leaks inside the engine
You mean like totally contained inside the engine? Like main and rod bearing side leakage and oil draining down from the head?

Herp and also derp too?? Wowee zowee

Is that Kalindra the tranny?

As soon as you say some dumb bullshit like that I'll say okay let's hop in and head to a meachiac

Then I'd enjoy watching you shake and say something along the lines of
>o-oh b-but I changed the o-oil and everything is g-good

Trust me you're not as smart as you think

>when the seller lies about anything at all

>it's bone stock!
>obvious aftermarket bumper and rocker panels

Dishonesty is an instant, irredeemable red flag.

Seller says "There's nothing wrong at all" then hesitation to agree for a PPI. Just walk the fuck away.

Ppi?

then you're the one who's just given money to the mechanic, all youve wasted is the sellers time?

Not my fault people are lying cunts

Pre-purchase inspection