>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AI1I022EP_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for first bike!

at least it's not a drz400
>Incoming meme baiku

daily reminder that if you didn't start riding at 4 on a superpocketsport you will always be a shit rider

SV was the meme baiku for a bout a week in between the GS500 and whatever enduro bike dirtfags rag on about. Great deal though, much better value buying it used compared to what people ask for in GS500s here.

are people selling their GS500 for more than 800 bucks?
ripoffs

nah clearly dirtbikes with knobbies on tarmac is the right option, no traction, ultimate dorifto

I thought the upside down photo was a dead giveaway. Anything in decent nick usually asks for 4k dollarydoos. And that's before stamp tax, registration, transfer fees etc.

I saw two cafe racer'd ones for sale for over $8000 each today. crazy shit

In my area the SV only goes for $500-$1k more than the GS500, depending on the year.

how could you have a naked model as your first bike?

They only ever made LAMS legal SV650s in faired form, was it converted later?

List of /dbt/ meme brands and bikes through the years
>Honda
>KTM
>KTM
>KTM
>Honda
>Suzuki - Specifically the DRZ

KTM is still the best meme though, for the amount of anger it triggers and for how accurate it was

DRZ is just a meme bike because they are shit, and ugly as sin

>dirtbikes
forty keks

damn that's bad.

yeah SV isn't much pricier. But with Yurop laws it doesn't make sense to pay those 500 extra for extra power you can't use. Plus 100 extra for restrictor and changing papers

they never added the one where the rider got into an accident and the tank burst and covered him in fuel, this disappointing me

jusst do it yourself
it's not like its a copyright image or some shit

Anything that isn't some scrub dirtbike is usually 2-3k+ in Australia, however some of the ultra premium brands like Bimota seem to sell at a better price (comparatively) to the US and Canada and such. Maybe that's because some of those brands don't import to the US and it's individual owners extra import costs, I dunno shit doesn't make sense sometimes tho

I've had my bike license for 7 years, spent nearly 3 years as a postie, this is just the first real bike I've owned since the XR100 I had as a kid.

Yeah the floor price here for SV650s is around 2k for a gen-1 model, while any GS500 in VIC seems to be starting at 4k unless it was trashed.

I started to look to buy just as spring was ending so all the good deals were gone coming into summer.

fair enough, they're a good introduction to "real" bikes.

Patented KTM 4-piece piston ring technology.

Yeah, I'm amazed at how much power is available and at the same time horrified there are bikes with close to double the max horsepower. Spent 90% of my riding today barely engaging the throttle. Hopped on the freeway for a short stint and the acceleration felt like it can only be measured in warp factors.

the SV is actually a little more savage in it's power delivery than a lot of bikes with more power than it, all 600s for example have a very tame throttle response compared to them even though they will put out 35+ more HP than them at the top end of their rev range.

Believe it or not I was talking to somebody the other day who had swapped his SV for an I4 1000 and missed the immediate sort of roll on throttle response you get on the SVs.

The gearing in particular just feels basically perfect for punting through a twisty road as well, I do get why some people just own them for life (I'm ready to move on though).

This always gives me a giggle, is KTM still a piece of shit? Anything owned by Bajaj must be a cunt of a thing.

I'm so worried for Husqvarna, but pls bring out the 701 you fucking Austrian pricks

Forgot pic

>pls bring out the 701
they've been out for almost a year now nigger
have you been living under a rock or something?

>sv650 more savage than a 600 in powerband
oh come on people, why does /dbt/ need to praise their beginnerbikes like this everytime, no matter what fucking bike.

SV650 is good but it's nothing compared to twitchy throttles if you're in the high revs of a 600

SV 650
For the kids who dont try to ride An DR 650

I think he means it's more twitchy than similar displacement i4s outside their powerband. That's the impression I had from today's riding, didn't matter what RPM I was at, it would just go.

Bro, the Vitpilen 701 isn't for sale until this year sometime and as far as I know it was still in the partial concept phase at EICMA in November

if that's what he meant I completly agree. But he mentioned the top range so I don't think he meant it like this. I can only assume he never rode a 600 himself and is just repeating what he heard somewhere.

Must be Australian...

Nigga he's the one in the picture he posted.

Looks like hipster crap.

maybe from south africa or the south pole

>Vitpilen 701
>relevant
kys >>>>>&reddit´rmotorcycles

b my gf

Is that your gf?

im looking to move on to a new bike soon, currently riding a 1987 Virago 700 and i love her, she was my first bike, and im looking for something that looks and feels close to her but with something like an 1100 or so under the seat, anything come to mind around the $4-5k price tag?

europeans leave

ANYONE ELSE HERE HYPED AS FUCK FOR BIMOTA 2017 LINE UP

I sure as fuck am

no

Me! but who can afford Bimota?!
They have amazing shit coming out with the Tesi 3d as well, they are also one of the most forward thinking manufacturers atm imo.

Impeto is getting a supercharger option as well...I dunno why but I'm ok with it

They also forgot to add that a failed wheelie attempt on a 690 SMC wil cause the rear end to catch fire.

sssssh das darf man nicht erwähnen das ist Hochverrat in Österreich!

youtube.com/watch?v=AI1I022EP_Q

>Advent, Advent, eine KTM brennt

Ich Kenne das Video ein gutes beispiel fuer die neue Österreichische Ingeneurskunst. Ich wuerde mir nie eine 690er kaufen...

>comparin a twin to a I4
>HURR MORE SAVAGE POWWR DERIVERY

Fucking idiots.

ah shit, now Bakuon can never stop being my favorite anime ever.

>comparing a piece of shit i4 to God's favorite bike

He really was being a little silly

i was two when i started though

>her
Machines don't have cunts unless you installed one. Post pics if so.

looks like this guy s holding a pedo farm

what is frizzy wearing

post bike

How are you holding up, fellow maple-niggers?

Question: My horn doesn't work, except sometimes when I wiggle the cables just right it does. In what way do I hook up the multimeter to figure out what is at fault? I guess start would be 12V battery to horn to see if it responds consistently, then what?

its nice to ride in the winter...

where can i buy some of these master link clips? i dont want to buy the whole master link and o rings, they're about 5 bucks, but i just want a few of these clips.

no where. throw your entire chain in the fucking garbage and buy a proper non-clip chain

i have plenty of rivet masters. i dont want to use them though.

get an rivet lock or an endless chain...

not for my purposes

Good day for riding.

when there is no ice then yes.
In my town they dont salt the street and the half street was frozen. I could not see it so i fell down

pfff! Nothing is better than an endless chain!

>buy pink mirrored visor, thinking its going to look pink AND orange for the aesthetics like it looks in the picture
>its just straight pink
FUCK

Should I go with gold or just dark smoke? Its going on a white helmet

These tires I have on are really good over ice so far, they don't even have studs in em yet. The main roads around here are cleared very fast, but the side roads are mostly left alone until the evening. I'm only a few hundred feet from the main roads though so it's ez pz.

I'm actually pissed that my TW isn't running
pic was last year

I was looking at a xt225 before I bought the ninja, but the owner wasn't budging on the price it sucked. He wanted 2.5k for a 19 year old bike with original tires. I want to get a dual sport for next winter if I can though.

>yamaha
>not running

Well duh

lmao I didn't even notice the tyres on the ninja
ye, dualsport in snow is fun, but I guess it'd be real fun if there were at least 30cm of snow

i have to remove the chain a lot. i use clip chains with safety wire and rtv. not going to use rivet or endless. thanks for not answering my question

it's struggling under the weight he puts on it, look at this fat fuck.

it's running, but it's ticking and I don't want to risk anything. I'm too lazy to fix it

also, nice peeking waifu

fuck of wr user. :^)

>kettenspanner
literally was ich dir gesagt habe du stück scheiße
ich hasse dich

aber die kette ist gespannt lel
und du hast gesagt timing stimmt nicht

nein das hast du gesagt
>aber die kette ist gespannt
kekd

Nice baiku

>worst waifu
>shit bike
>american
literally end your life

>literally end your life

I'm workin' on it, that's why I'm riding a ninja in winter. Give me a few months pls.

>he thinks riding his 250cc """""bike""""" will get him killed
well the only possibility you have is because you are american and don't know how to ride, but every normal person that knows how to ride (read: everyone that is not american) can ride a bike in the winter.

Are rainbow tinted visors gay bros?

I know this is just a meme but for those that don't
>the clutch banjo in the bottom left that broke isn't a KTM OEM part
>"running hot" is a thing with all high performance bikes
>KTM frames are strongest in the industry which is why they snap the triple clamps instead of the frame
Other than that just avoid the Indian-made beginners' bikes and the 2003 models because they did have a legit defect for that one year that made them snap.

I want an accurate speedo but sheeeeit I don't know if it's worth paying $70 for a healer.

>just
More accurate

Hello mr. Pierer.

there's literally nothing wrong with a properly installed clip master link

You would probably be fine just to reuse the clip

I have lost one on my first and last quad

How did you guys git gud at leaning? Did you guys just find a corner and hit it over and over again until you guys were comfortable getting towards max lean or did you guys find a good route and hit it constantly?

how about
just go out and ride?

it's literally this easy.

No, it's not, he's right.

haha chicken strips

You are counter steering right?

american detected

of course it's not easy for you, since no one taught you how to properly ride.

maybe you should learn to install them properly

>TFW can't get rid of the last tenderloin