Are those little circle mirrors that people put on their side mirrors Veeky Forums approved?

are those little circle mirrors that people put on their side mirrors Veeky Forums approved?

Why do you need strangers from a mongolian rice farming marketplace to approve of shit like this? No mind of your own so you gotta borrow my opinion?

What a fucking stupid question to ask about anything, let alone parking mirrors.

Dirt cheap at vatozone.

Just try it yourself

You can also replace mirrors with ones that have augmented viewing angles such as these. This example is for the Mini.

I love them , very handy for parking to see where your cars at.

don't know why I haven't gotten them yet for mine.

Just don't use em for blind spots though. you should be doing a head check .

Just use em to make sure you are between lines and what not

I dunno mang. A wider FOV kind of distorts distance perception.

>visibility so shit you need another mirror
Definitely not Veeky Forums approved.

I heard that anything but perfectly flat for your primary rear-view was illegal. I guess the aftermarket is a grey area but there's a reason this type of thing isn't stock.
Also you could just adjust the fucking mirror so 50% of it ISN'T taken up by a view of your own vehicle

they're fantastic. Can't believe some drivers go without them.

It's very useful for overall situational awareness since it actually does show your blindspot without having to turn your whole head off the front, just that obviously you wouldn't rely on it for lane changing due it being tiny and distorted.

What I love the most about it is being able to see my rear tires without having to angle the whole mirror at an extreme angle.

>itt: shit drivers with no positional awareness

I did that to my golf. It didn't do much, but the blue tint is nice

Oh u dagumi

this

in both pictures, the position is wrong
you're not supposed to see your fucking rear door, you should set it so you actually see who is behind you and/or is trying to overtake you

>Just use em to make sure you are between lines and what not
>shit drivers with no positional awareness

I like the custom license plate on that SUV.

they will cost more than just turning your head

I get into some people's cars and what I see in the mirror is made up of 70% their own car and 30% directly behind them (like ). If mirrors are adjusted correctly, there's virtually no blind spot. But I do like the idea that said where you can see where your tires are while parking in reverse

People like you are the reason that cars in the US need to have OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR printed on them.

I doubt you can see your tires in the mirror unless you're hellaflush. I've set mine so that I can barely see the door handles for reference.

Ford mounted em on the 2008 Mondeo here in Spain, idk about US regulations but I don't think that's how it works

i had to drive a work ute last year, which had a full size tool container on the back, boss had a rear view camera but it died, without those little circle mirrors theres no way you'd be able to see where the ass of the ute was, let alone anything parked tight behind. the rear window in the front cab was blocked by ladders and shit

Pic related, but the tool cabinet was a bit wider

I don't use that mirror to measure distance. I just need to know if there is something in the way or not.

To be fair you are always going to see differently to other people when you get in thier car. Due to difference in seat position, driving posture, height and mirror position, you might see 70% of their car while they only have it barley in view. So that isn't a fair criticism.

>Also you could just adjust the fucking mirror so 50% of it ISN'T taken up by a view of your own vehicle
jfc this

>without those little circle mirrors theres no way you'd be able to see where the ass of the ute was,
do the mirrors just don't go down far enough or something?

I actually like seeing my car in the rear view but once I played with them I realized how much blind spot I was missing. There's STILL a blind spot for me though, probably because my car is a boat. Oh well.

Ohhh... So that's why newer Hondas and Acuras have that vertical line on the mirrors.

... it's that there is no head turn unless you hang it out the window.
In my truck (not fucking ute. Faggots) I can see everything that isn't directly behind me.
If everything is adjusted properly, I don't hang my head out the window to look at my blind spot, because it doesn't exist. No accidents ever. Been changing lanes on circle mirrors for a decade.

Clearly you've never driven a real truck before, let alone a work van. You can't turn your head to look out a window because there are no windows back there, you have to rely on your mirrors.

Although not necessary in small applications blind spot mirrors are quite handy. I know that Ford is putting them on a lot of their vehicles now

>Giving a fuck about what Veeky Forums thinks about anything.

>People like you are the reason that cars in the US need to have OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR printed on them.

No, that was the result of money making lawsuits. Very much like the multi-million dollar spilled hot coffee at mcdonald's lawsuits causing those warnings to be printed on cups warning you the coffee is hot.

kek

>A wider FOV kind of distorts distance perception.
Which actually is desirable in this case in seeing the relationships between all cars. Leaving cars out adds to the risk of hitting them. Each driver adjusts the mirror to their liking anyways.

Those have pretty much been standard equipment on the driver's side mirror in Europe for 20 years now.

America behind the curve as usual. Can you guys even adjust your headlights to the cargo load or is that still witchcraft to you?

Most of the time we just let Jesus take the wheel

This.

The mirror should be adjusted so the side of your car is just barely out of sight for the best visibility.

It's a demonstration mirror and the image would need to show the body of the car for comparison to the other improved mirror in order to show how much bigger the field of view is from the body of the car.

g

if you have a 73-87+ chevy pickup truck, the best option is to find another passenger side mirror and put it on the drivers side,the whole mirror is slightly convex and gives you a huge field of view compared to stock

You can tilt your side mirrors to show more to the left and right of you. If you can see the side of your vehicle you're doing it wrong.

Is there a line of replacement high FOV mirrors you recommend? Maybe those ones from Europe can be imported to the USA and be replacements in the same side mirror housing.

>t. Haven't drove a new car ever
Hondas come with side mirrors like that.

>Very much like the multi-million dollar spilled hot coffee at mcdonald's lawsuits causing those warnings to be printed on cups warning you the coffee is hot

AMERICA

They tend to leave out that the coffee was in excess of 150 degrees, causing major burns, and the McDonalds in question only offered 800 dollars for the $40,000+ surgery and skin grafts required.

In a first world country burn victims wouldn't need to pay $40k for treatment

She was the passenger in her grandson's car. He handed it to her and she held the cup in her lap as she opened the lid. The car had no cup holders. Of course that makes it McDonald's fault. I say the grandson should be sued since he was contributory to the case.

Instead of sueing her grandson, she sued McDonald's and the jury was hostile to McDonalds. It decided that the real issue was not about one person but about many people victimized by the company. It thus awarded her treatment costs plus 2.7 million in punitive damages in regards to McDonald's callousness towards her coffee spill.

So the large award was due to the jury's position and way beyond what the old lady wanted. She is not the greedy one here. It was the jury that wanted to make a statement against big corps not helping the customer in normal accidents with the potentially harmful product.

The typical meme would be "liberal jury".

Well, she allowed basically all of it to soak her. And she was wearing clothing to hold it all on her skin. Still, it is stupid to do what she was doing. She should have part of the blame here.

Throw some 150 degree coffee on yourself and try to let it soak in, I guarantee your body will react before your mind even realises what's happening

The Infiniti I bought from my friend has one - the other side fell off from the looks of it. I fucking hate it but I'm too lazy to remove the one that remains.

The circular mirror is distracting? Or that version was too small to be useful?

I find them useful to see the curbs when parking. Most of the blind spots are covered adjusting correctly the wing mirrors anyway but they do provide a little extra coverage.
Not that user BTW

>isn't stock
Even my '09 French shitbox comes with them on the drivers side

They came already on my car when I bought it, but they covered up the edges of the mirror and things ended up being too tiny to make out

Took them off about a week after driving the car

swing and a miss

the investigation found the coffee was actually too hot

spilling ordinary coffee from a machine, in your lap, would not give you burns like that

corporation bootlicker

>she allowed basically all of it to soak her

It seems a good time for a company to market a "restore visibility" mirror replacement for various cars. It would replace the existing mirror with a wider FOV mirror. Thus it needs no new mirror housing.

Correctly adjusted you should not see the side of your car in your side mirrors. All three mirrors together should provide a 120 degree view out the back.

However, some cars won't even adjust that much because Americans are stupid and never adjust their mirrors correctly. t: my Audi. I still needed one of those on my driver's mirror to see my left blind spot.

MFW mirrors are not set optimally for putting on makeup.

Convex Mirrors?

>you should not see the side of your car in your side mirrors.
ok admittedly I see how that's far more useful but I feel like I would get instinctively confused if I don't see a tiny sliver of my car so I have a reference point to know that's the next lane over.

You get used to it quickly. And no more BEEEEP!! blind spots.