Looking for a new daily driver in the 20-25k range. Car is used for commuting (300-350 miles per week), running errands...

Looking for a new daily driver in the 20-25k range. Car is used for commuting (300-350 miles per week), running errands, and an occasional weekend trip. Most important factors to me are comfortable interior and reliability. There are new 2017 Civic Tourings near me in the 25-26k range. Any opinions on the new Civic? What are some other suggestions on cars I should look at?

Other urls found in this thread:

allensauto.com/windowsticker/vehicle/815220/2006_MITSUBISHI_LANCER_ES
harrisonburg.craigslist.org/
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5930423019.html
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5948547553.html
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5948404321.html
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5944189349.html
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5936450939.html
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5926592383.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

New civics are overpriced and ugly.

Do you care about driving at all?

If yes, Mazda 6

If no, Camry

>25k for a Civic
Disgusting. Just get an Accord if you're set on Honda.

>buying new

>being this p...
Oh wait, we've done this before. Moving on.

This, you can get a certified pre owned luxury car with a warranty for the price of a new shitbox.

Mazda3
a
z
d
a

You have to at least get the S model or whatever it's called. My mom has the smaller engine and it always sounds stressed. Very noisy.

You can find 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L (V6) loaded to the gills for like $20k. Either that or I'd go 2013 Lexus GS 350 for around $25k

Mazda 6 is the way to go if you want a reliable DD that is more than just a point A to point B car such as a camry

Honda Accord Sport is also a good one but you get stuck with a CVT unless you upgrade to the V6.

New Civic Si being released soon, or a Mazda 3 or 6, or CPO Lexus or something

Poorfag detected

And they'll just say you're financially illiterate because you don't adhere to their frugal lifestyle. The kind of people who hold up lines at Costco because they have 35 fucking coupons.

Get the Mazda6 if you want a sedan, and the Mazda3 if you want a hatchback. I have both, ama

Dude, you can get an Acura ILX for that money.

You can trick out the base line for cheaper.

which do you prefer?
also for the 3 how do you like the speedo they use?

I was in your shoes last year, bought a Civic EX-T for $20,500, have not been disappointed.

Drove the Mazda 3, it's shit without the 2.5 and costs too much with it.

Drove the Mazda 6, felt great under me, almost bought it but they wanted too much for it and it was a little bigger than I would like.

Civic EX-T was the right mix of 4-door practicality, decent power, great fuel economy, styling and price.

How bout the dart?
I own pic related and love it to death. Runs good and has great functionality on the interior

Drop a couple years, below 30 maybe 40k miles and go used man, you'll be able to either save money on a comfy econobox, or go up to something nicer while retaining a budget. I get it, new is nice, but you're here asking mostly neets and busriders and miata owners for opinions, go used.

>footing the massive initial depreciation just for muh status symbol

get a used v6 accord for

I did the same, paid almost the same as well, 20,600.

Thinking of trading in for the Si when it comes out, but idk I like the car so far

I wouldn't get the touring purely because it's not worth the price

A regular ex is fine and has most of all the bells and whistles without the added cost

Shut up and buy a Civic for 3k

I don't get this place, if OP said he wanted an ILX everyone would be shitting on him saying he's buying a redbadged Civic.

In a similar situation as OP, opinions on this please: allensauto.com/windowsticker/vehicle/815220/2006_MITSUBISHI_LANCER_ES

gotta keep it under $5000

The dart is only 15-17k
This thread is for 25k cars

Don't. The lancer is shit. They paid like 750-1k for that car at auction. do you really want to give them that much profit? Post your local craigslist.

I'm sure a lot of people would. But the fact of the matter is that the ILX is a Civic upgraded in literally every way... for the same price as a regular Civic. You can probably get heavier discounts at an Acura dealer (since everyone buying a luxury car goes Lexus if they want Japanese or Infiniti if they want to be special snowflakes) and you can easily get a very well equipped ILX for under $30k - we're talking like $27k here. By comparison, op himself is saying that the Touring trimmed Civics are freaking $26k.

The new civic hatch is pretty nice if you hate teardrop designs like I do. Rides firm and doesn't slag when accelerating from a stop so its pretty snappy. Interior is nice and busy and THERE IS SO MUCH FUCKING INSULATION so the A/C is topnotch. Can't really say anything about reliability since it's a new engine design but Honda service is pretty good if anything ever goes wrong. Major drawback is the shitty halogen lights that have such a short throw but that's really it.
I got the 2017 Hatch Sport for around 21k signed.
Don't bother with the other models if you are paying 25k+ since the Si will come soon

>buying the new civic
kill yourselves.

literally what's wrong with them? The edgy design got to you?

too big
too angry
stupid small trunk opening, hatch is hideous.
unnecessary safety features

>big
Its actually pretty small compared to a mazda, slightly wider though.
>angry
It's a taste thing and you only see that with the back. the front is contemporary.
>stupid small trunk opening, hatch is hideous.
That's why I got never considered the sedan (+the shitty powertrain), again its a love or hate design.
>safety
>unnecessary
??? Its not a track car.

>On the upcoming hatch and sedan, the 2017 model year marks the first time that Honda will pair the 1.5-liter direct-injected VTEC turbocharged four-cylinder with a six-speed manual transmission.

fucking do it OP. frs is beat.

VTEC is gone yo

>frs is beat

This is still a sports car vs a commuter car with turbo.

The FR-S is lighter, has lower gears, lower final drive, more horsepower and is RWD.

You do realise that 1.5 tubo engine is engineered for soccer moms, right?

yeah youre right. everything you mention can be changed and i believe the market for mods and tunes for this car will be interesting.

It's big compared to what a civic should be. (a subcompact b-segment car)

where i am now: fredericksburg.craigslist.org/

where I'm going in a few days: harrisonburg.craigslist.org/

thanks for the advice. problem is I need a car for school, it'll be hard to get to any of these listings because I don't have transport. I'm on break now, I was trying to get a car before I went back, head back Sunday though.

looks like you're gonna need to get a ride from your parents to DC.

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5930423019.html

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5948547553.html

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5948404321.html

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5944189349.html

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5936450939.html

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5926592383.html

I would maybe buy that lancer for $2000. MAYBE.

Why are you even buying a Lancer? You said that you're in the same situation as op and op wants reliability and comfortable interior - the Lancer is neither of these. Just buy yourself a decent Lexus ES or something.

Go look at the engine bay of the new 1.5 Turbo and scream internally. Turbocharging (below 2L) small displacement engines was a mistake.