What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on the brand...

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on the brand? I feel as if its market and design doesn't particularly focus too well on young adults, but rather those 35+.

I kinda like the new 2017 LaCrosse.

they do quite well in jd power.
1 or 2 year old ones with under 20,000 can be quite a bargain.
You can pick up a 2015 or 2016 regal 2.0T for 16,000 to 17,000.

They are still one of my favorite brands, but they've tried moving their place in the market and it kinda hurts to see them change on their formula, as necessary as it is.

After 2008, it seems like they're trying to position themselves more like how Opel is positioned, and making cars that feel more European in execution. I liked what the century used to be, I liked what the skylark used to be. It was a luxury brand in comfort only, without pretension, and their new cars don't seem to have that.

Their older cars from the 90s are terrific in value though, many are very low miles (below 60k) to be had for less than $3k.

They only exist because of China.

>Their older cars from the 90s are terrific in value though, many are very low miles (below 60k) to be had for less than $3k.

I actually own a 1992 LeSabre, am the 4th or 5th owner, and it has just 81K Miles.
I'm looking to buy a new car since this one is so outdated, old, and the paint is poor, but my word, I don't remember the last time I was so comfortably seated in a car before, especially in the driver's seat.

Definitely a possibility. They sell more there than in the US, no?

extremely reliable, and 2011+ ones are decently fun to drive and can be had with a manual transmission. Go for a turbo.

This as well. The government wasn't to kill off everything but Chevrolet and Cadillac during the bailout. GM tried to save as many brands as they could.
They argued they had projects in the works to make Pontiac the go-to BMW fighter. These fell on deaf ears since Pontiac hadn't made a profit since the 1980's.
They tried to save Saturn by selling Saturn to Penske. The deal failed though when Penske revealed they planned to import Korean built Renault-Samsung cars and badge them as Saturns. GM was appalled and canceled the deal, sealing Saturn's fate.
They tried selling off Hummer, but Hummer was kill.
They sold off Saab but Saab died anyways
Buick only survived because of their Chinese popularity. GM was afraid the Chinese may not buy them anymore if Americans didn't get Buicks too.
GMC survived because they ALWAYS pulled a profit. Though I do wish GMC had been killed off. GMC is GM's redundancy department of redundancy.

>government wasn't
The government wanted. Damned typo

>They argued they had projects in the works to make Pontiac the go-to BMW fighter. These fell on deaf ears since Pontiac hadn't made a profit since the 1980's
Only because they strangled Pontiac whenever the Firebird came close to cucking the Corvette.

ironically, the last Pontiac to ever pull in a profit for them was the 1984-1988 Pontiac Fiero. Imagine where they'd be today if they hadn't killed off their most profitable model.

I have a 2013 Buick Verano, aside from the driver seat being too small, it has a lot of good driving response, it is based off an opel or vaxhaul I think; its just my DD... so no issues it has 85k miles. It had 22k when i bought it. So fairly reliable. Besides routine maintenance (batteries, oil changes, tires, lights) there have been ZERO issues

Good to know. I've actually got my eye on one to possibly test drive. 14K with 44k miles on it. Looks so "buisness-y" and "classy" (not saying I'm not that), but looks super formal and would like strange for casual encounters.

But still, looks really nice.

>tfw no Skyhawk

unobtainium

pre-facelift looked like a camaro

go for a Verano Turbo, especially if you can find one with the 6 speed manual. The N/A 2.4L cars are pretty slow. Buick added a shit-ton of weight to the Opel Astra Sedan when making the Verano in the name of noise insulation. And the turbo engine is the same one from the Astra OPC.

command the road ahead

how exactly did the govt intervention work?

like, supposedly GM paid back the bailout, which means they are free from the govt's yolk no?

if GM wanted, couldn't they revive pontiac? or Hummer? etc etc?

its clear they miss Pontiac and have missed it since it died, couldn't they just reopen it? or are there specific govt mandates and whatnot?

>how exactly did the govt intervention work?
Give into our demands or no money for you.
The Obama administration actually fought heavily to kill off the Chevy Volt program because it had no chance of making a profit until the second generation. GM fought to keep the program going because they felt the technology involved was important.
>like, supposedly GM paid back the bailout, which means they are free from the govt's yolk no?
The government still held a bunch of stock in GM so had sway from withing GM's board of directors.
>if GM wanted, couldn't they revive pontiac? or Hummer? etc etc?
Now that the government has sold off their shares a few years ago, they legally could.
>its clear they miss Pontiac and have missed it since it died, couldn't they just reopen it? or are there specific govt mandates and whatnot?
No mandates prevent them from reviving it. There seems to be a lot of interest in reviving Pontiac and Saturn. GM still keeps up their websites with live chat. There's always hope for a revival, but it won't happen for 6 years minimum because of all the development involved. GM's Mary Barra has said GM will delved into plastic cars again so their's hope for the Pontiac Fiero and Saturn S-series being revived.

>Buick

But the good Buick exist because of America. Do you really think that the chinks buy v6 lacrosse or that the avista could sell outside of America.

Buick always has been one of the more underrated/overlooked domestic brands. I wouldn't buy a new one, but you can find a real deal on used units in great shape. Just the other day on this board some guy was looking for a used car and while all these other fags were pointing him to civics with 200k I found a 99 LeSabre with 32k on it for $3500.

> aside from the driver seat being too small

I think you're just fat.

the 87 grand national exists so thats a plus