-16°C hits tonight when starting my car

>-16°C hits tonight when starting my car

I am now enlightened as to why some guys have a "winter beater" as a side bitch to their DD.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aharq3PFX54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm glad I'm not poor enough to live where you are

I have winter beaters because I don't want yo ruin my rust free classics with all the salt they throw on the road.

>living where it gets below freezing
>living where they salt the roads

>not driving a Honda Civic year round
lad

even texas gets below freezing, dipshit

>he thinks that everyone lives in the united states

>tfw central CA
>the coldest it gets is 32°F
Too bad we have so many environmental cucks running everything and everyone crashes and dies with the slightest hint of rain

United states is the only place big enough where moving to escape freezing temperatures is even an option

>not DDing a vehicle that is invulnerable to weather and temperature changes

South America and Australia.

Also Central America and Southeast Asia.

>he thinks that's bad
that was todays high by me, last night I had a misfire on 3 of 6 cylinders and my phone shut down and couldn't be turned on until i warmed it up.

Out of all of those only Australia is a country, of which I admittedly know jack shit about the climate.

Enjoy the immigration process.

Why do you live like this?

A. student too poor to move away from parents, and B. I like it, nothing makes you feel more alive than the cold hitting you like a punch in the face and your adrenaline surges in an attempt to stop you from freezing to death.

>living where it gets below freezing
as much as i hate snow and salt, i wouldn't trade it for a warmer climate with bigger bugs and shit.

Cockroaches are non-existent here (in the suburbs at least). No giant bees or spiders.

wasps are a thing though, fuck

>United States is the only place

No one said country you slimy dildo. They said place. Those are all places.

And immigrating to Australia is easy as fuck, just smear some dirt on your face and say you're fleeing persecution - they'll buy you a house and send you $40K in cash that week.

yeah Im about to get the fuck out of the south even though its not quite that cold here

I hate this shitty ass region

>-16°C
>cold
it gets to -30°C over where i'm at almost all winter, and it's dipped to -50°C before.
This isn't even covering the shitty pothole filled roads due to me being in a have-not province.

>immigrating to Australia

I was talking about having to emigrate to change climates in places like south america or SEA, in Australia you can just move around freely. The fuck are you on about?

You can move about freely in South America too, you just have to shove some cocaine up your ass before you go anywhere.

Same thing goes for Europe too, really. Just scream ALLAHU ACKBAR and rape a policewoman while waiting for your immigration papers, and you'll get a free pass to go anywhere in Europe.

>he doesn't live in sub Saharan Africa

Wow what a fucking badass, he intentionally sticks himself in his shitty cold location and has to deal with it. "oooh my roooooads they have pothoooles" yeah move the fuck out you whiny bitch

>yfw using a Texas as a defense

Why is that young man sitting in a bathtub full of potato soup

not him, but-

>furry reaction image

Fuck yourself to death with a knife, faggot.

It's pudding

But there's definitely stuff in that pudding.

I want to know what the extra stuff is.

That's also pudding

If my Civic Si can start at -23 C, yours will be fine.

The winter beater thing is so that your car doesn't get fucked up by shit drivers and shit roads and shit salt/slush.

I don't believe you. I don't see why he would mix two types of pudding in that tub. It doesn't make sense.

My winter beater is my dd.

If you can go more south in the USA please inform me of this state so I may move to it.

>he doesn't put pudding in his pudding

Florida, California, and Hawaii

>guy in bath tub full of 3 types of pudding
>"I don't see why he would mix two types of pudding in that tub. It doesn't make sense."
pick one

Hawaii

Oh shit I have 20w50 in the crankcase!!

The guy gets it.

>starts in -40°C
>gets me through the 1' plus snow that always drifts in my driveway
>old winter beater is covered in snow 3' deep
>couldn't care less because it's useless in my rual town

you can forgo the winter beater part, its just your DD.

>blows headgasket on the coldest day
>frame rots in half from the salt

>Florida
No.

>California
Hell to the no. Anyone who willingly moves to commiefornia deserves whatever they get.

>hawaii
yeah like I want to pay $12USD for a fucking McDouble and have literally zero gun rights not to mention the clusterfuck that is the automotive community there

>t. Someone who knows nothing about living in Canada
>t. Someone who doesn't into winter vehicle care

That's $240 worth of pudding
youtube.com/watch?v=Aharq3PFX54

haha so dumb
>t; Canadian
>t; Shityota

>still running with 400,000 miles on the original engine and transmission

I have never seen a 4Runner's drivetrain fail before the body. They always rust out before the guts go.

>3rd Gen

Found the problem.

>muh anecdotes
and that's hardly a precedent given how Toy trucks of that era turn to dust no exceptions

Sounds like your battery & oil is shit

good thing u drive a chebby eh bud

git r dun

fuckin buck-toothed faggot

>texas
>never fucking snows or freezes for long
>30~ today
>kinda wet from day before
>back door handles froze
>couldn't open them

fuck it's over

I've got a Civic and the temperature was -48C/-55F last night and it somehow started up in the morning. I need to check the CCP on the battery because I didn't think it would even turn over.

>-50C
Are you at an antarctic research station?

Pretty much this. Its 5*F or -15*C right now where i am and my 03 Escape starts up just fine.

My battery is good, car cranks like crazy but cant start when its bellow 0C It overfuels i think.

Vac leak i guess or perhaps temp sensor(replaced it) or wiring?

Where was this?

Pussy

Kys Faggot

Which province?

>gone past two and a half oil change intervals because mobi l1 synthetic
>10 year old battery
>starts up within four cranks every day
>-13c

It feels and sounds a little rough when it's cold and revs above 3k, but it's too fucking cold to change the oil and the places with non-mexican lube monkeys refuse to use my oil and filter because they overcharge for the exact same shit

My battery died, 4V and it's a bit more rounded than it was before. Do you guys think it's covered by warranty? It shouldn't die at -16C.

>-23C
>have to enter from passenger side cause driver side froze
>the radio buttons dont even work properly
>the display takes few seconds to update
>my phones battery drained at eurobeat pace
>frost on windshield from inside
>fingers falling off
>fucking diesel takes ages to heat up
>forgot my gloves
>half of the diesels in the city had their fuel freeze/turn into something jellylike because shit fuel

lovely

my next daily will be a petrol+lpg i dont give a fuck

>-5°C
>go to start my Saab
>when starting, sounds like the oil has consistency of pic related, gear lever squeaks, runs rough as fuck for 10 minutes, clutch pedal feels super slushy and doesn't bounce back immediately when I pop it
Oh well, it was all back to normal once it was hot.

Forgot pic.
Sage

Not him but pic extremely fucking related

Wyoming. These were record lows though.

Epic butthurt brah

Sounds like you ain't prepared for that warm weather.

>-38 this morning
>tap gas
>set choke
>turn key
>truck runs

Such difficult.

>what is oil pan heater and block heater w/blocked radiator

t. owner of '85 chevy K30

>be alaskan
>have shitty 90s ford taurus
>works fine in the winter despite staying outside all the time because the place it originated in mandated block heaters
epin

snows for two days straight, shit happens

>street sweepers become mythical beings comparable to leprechauns
>shovel myself a nice parking spot
>next morning car rear covered up till the window with plowed snow, exhaust full, snow wedged under gas tank

>lady washing her BMW at -11°C, frustrated that soapy water froze up almost in an instant

>two-lane street becomes one-lane, barely
>give right of way to wide brotruck coming in after turning into said street
>guy will have none of it, brodozer full on plows through the dunes on the side of the road, making his own lane

>think I ran into a snowstorm
>nope, just a truckerfag somewhere up ahead with half a metre of snow on the roof

>lady hopping into her shitbox without any sort of cleaning, puts on wipers which do a herculean job of throwing wet snow...somewhere. good enough, gets going

good kino desu senpai

Fuck off Abdul, whites can handle winter

You're a pussy for choosing annoying insects over a little cold and snow.

kek, bugger off furboi

>-16C
>car can't start up

What the actual fuck? That's nothing

Run thinner oil for the winter and get a battery with at least 600 cold crank amps

>lady hopping into her shitbox without any sort of cleaning, puts on wipers which do a herculean job of throwing wet snow...somewhere. good enough, gets going

I broke my wiper blades twice this winter from doing that. Accident both times because I left the wipers on when I shut it off. When I go to start it up again they come right on and Snap!

>-50C

Enlighten me as well.
I don't get.

>2017
>caring about reaction images
>getting triggered over furfags
You are cancer

Jesus. How powerful is that windshield wiper motor? Mine usually just freeze in place.

>-23C / -10F outside
>Car starts every time

Based Jetta

>not living in Southern Florida
I feel sorry for you cucks, I really do.
The coldest weather I've ever started my car in was 38°. I don't have to buy multiple sets of tires, and because there's so little going on here, the government is always doing a road improvement so the asphalt is always silky smooth, and free of potholes. Oh, and I also don't waste gas/ruin my transmission with hill climbs and I'm never at risk of dying from a curve in a road.

>Stop light cameras
>Humid as fuck
No thanks

Well the humidity can rust the hell out of a car yeah, also the summer heat can totally sap your battery. People tell me they've had their head gaskets blow from the heat, but I'm not sure if there's any truth to that.
Red light cameras are almost nonexistent in most places. Hell, they tried to put them on every intersection a few years back and people had a fit, so they ended up deactivating 90% of them.

>living in the third world

Winnipeg. The only place on earth colder than Mars.

fuck are the /ORG/fags really taking over the board now that they have their own general and feel like they can tell everyone to get an "off road capable" vehicle?

this is all the stancefags' fault

>Michigan
>14 degrees all week
>nearly freeze to death walking 50 feet
>can't drive my old car in winter without it rusting away in seconds
Soon I shall move to Texas and be free from this frozen over hell

Wut, not even a brotrucker, just feeling the salt eating away at my 1y/o car and all the people driving over their capabilities and then understeering wildly on intersections breaks my heart and clenches my asshole.

>tfw a cold day is 65 degrees here.

lmao