>Noob? Read this:
→ →

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/
→ →

Other urls found in this thread:

superuser.com/questions/224261/google-chrome-view-saved-form-data
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mirrors and fender removed, we pretty now.
Immediate todo list:
>replace stove pipe exhaust with Wings
>buy new tail light with integrated turn signals
>flush mount front turn signals
That's probably all I'm going to do to it for a while.

go sit
on your dildo

How long until this one gets nic'd by nigs?

#
I would love to know what goes through people's heads when they do their shitty mods that will only cause problems.

neighbor called cops cause i did a wheelie outside. he took a pic of my plate but not the wheelie. i left for about an hour. they cant do anything righ?

>tfw trip is gone forever
Welp, I'll have to find a new way to trigger anons.

Also Baird what insurance company did you get that quote from?

Probably about 3 hours, when I take it to the hip hop show I'm going to tonight.

you must hate being seen by everyone else on the road

Progressive. Dealership got me a quote from some no name company for like $700, but that's before my record gets applied. I'm going to call them tomorrow/Monday and see if I can change.

>lost trip
Literally how

nice $12,000 dirt bike faggot

Nope you'll be fine. Deny it.

>Hooning on local twisties
>Guy films me when I come around second time
>Pull over and ask him why he's filming me
>Says he sends all the videos of bikes that speed past his house to the police (I was doing like 10kmph over the speed limit, it's twisties not a long straight).
>Say sorry, try and be nice about the situation so he doesn't hate Motorcycles
>Starts swearing and says next time I get pulled over the cops will have the video and I'll get in trouble
>Not how it works buddy.
>Do laps around his house for an hour, he keeps filming
nothing ever happened

>that fucking massive can
You better get an FMF asap.

Check Geico

And I left for a week on vacation and it is now somehow not saved on any of my machines

so what do the cops do? by his video they're not going to prove you were speeding. but in my case, say he got a vid of a wheelie and has my plate. would cops do anything then?

superuser.com/questions/224261/google-chrome-view-saved-form-data

I really wouldn't stress. You could either talk to him and apologize, see if he will give it a rest. Or just deny it. Where I live if your caught doing a wheelie your bike gets impounded and you lose your licence for a month. But that's if your actually caught by the cop. I don't think videos are quite the same

It was a good vacation though?

>8F outside
Sned hlep.

unless your police are nazis I wouldn't worry. There are people on youtube who have a huge following and post videos of themselves hooning, including wheels, and their plate, and their face.

is it a bad idea to get my first bike and learn how to ride in winter?

since it got cold there are soooo many ninja 250s for sale on CL for $1k or less and i'm so tempted to buy one

Yeah, except one of my pups ran off and probably got eaten by a coyote

where did YOU ride today

Chances are good that cops will never talk to you, and even if they do they'll probably just be like "Dunno what you did but neighbor complained so just be cool dude k?".
In the extremely rare chance that they try to say anything else to you just tell them you're not interested in talking to them and ask them politely to leave. Never say anything to the cops, there's nothing you can say that will help you, only hurt you.

Oh shit! It wasn't Roscoe was it?

From the stealership to my apartment. Was kinda of cold in a hoodie with no gloves.

nah, it's not a bad idea. you will want to set aside some time anyways to learn how to wrench on your bike and understand how it works. this is a quintessential skill that every experienced street rider will know.

start with the basics: brake pads, brake fluid, oil, oil filter, chain cleaning and lubricating, etc...

Also do yourself a favor and link us wahtever craigslist ad you are considering getting. I got fucked over buying my ninja 250 last season so I know what to look for when it comes to these bikes as do most of us here

It was ;_;

I didn't but I might grab my tripod and gopro and go do some parking lot wheelies and study the footage to see how I can git gudder.

Damn man I'm sad now. :(

#1 tip. avoid ditches

There are no ditches in the lot I go to practice wheelies and eventual cone fagging, but thank you for your concern. :)

Me too m8, but it was a couple of days ago and he had tags with both of our numbers on it. It's a real bummer but I'm just trying to stay positive for the wife

Seriously, I hope he turns up or is at least taken in somewhere. I know he's a fast little shit, but not coyote fast, so I hope someone saw him and took him in.

I rode around block to check my exhaust mounting isnt leaking. Its friggen cold and I got donated some dainese leathers and boots. Pretty good donation if you ask me.

ew that faux carbon fiber

nice. I got some free Alpinestars leathers from my uncle who bought them for his son, but they appeared unused (though the leather did show a bit of cracking from age)

>oil leak
>econo-tier box swingarm
>fake carbon fiber china exhaust

Faux? Thats the real shit m8 need to clean your eyes. It makes you go faster silly.
Niggas didnt drag knees ever so fresh pucks 2 ayyyyy. Hes also the one that gave me my arai dirt bike helmet. Just likes to upgrade to look cool on bike. Really cool dude though.

>oil leak
normally i would disagree, i've parked over lots of little puddles and taken a pic. looks like a leak indeed, but this dude has oil all over his clutch cover. also
>that midpipe connector

oh boy its a no bike are you okay with that butt hurt? I oil and clean shit there so ofc its going to have shit there haha. Oh wait you dont have a bike to work on.

>rear hugger paint coming off
>chicken strips

I have 4 bikes.
The 4th will remain anonymous.

Seriously do you guys every ride or just wait to talk shit here? Its kinda cute.
>also never owning a shit bike
you are missing out on cheap bikes.

I have five waiting outside. I guess I just enjoy the fun I get even with the cbr250r shit bike that farts c:

yes, aprilias are shit bikes, youre right

Every bike is shit m8 its just what pile of shit you like to ride that makes you happy. I dont give a fuck what people think as long as I am having fun c:

thats not an oil leak, this is an oil leak

>>>honduh """""quality"""""
literally lmaoing at your life

what does /dbt/ think of my new bike? 1999 aprilia pegaso 650 cube, picked it up for cheap because it needs fixing, hopefully doesn't turn in to a total headfuck :)
i'm more in to sports bikes, but i'm kinda keen to go an adventure or some shit iunno

looks like a gen1 sv650 fucked a cbf

>tfw finally got all the shit i ordered installed onto bike

You know usually when you buy a bike you add mods to it over the course of several months or a year, not replace everything all at once.

>tfw cbf to do clutch on DR650
>tfw project car needs CV axle replaced but garage is cold af
Yeah...

I for one embrace our Japanese overlords and enjoy my cheap Chinese exhaust that weighs less than the brick of a stock exhaust heh. Also guy that said my mount was stupid here is how I got it before I changed it.

Yeah, I have to replace my alternator but its so goddamn cold I'm going to wait until next week.

>EXHAUST ON A 250

LMAOING AT UR LIFE

DO you want electric razer sounds or fart sounds? Also i ddint put any of it on the previous nigger did. Im just fixing it cause its tiny and fun to fuck with.

I'm considering giving up on pursuing the STEM meme and just going to trade school to be a motorcycle mechanic

is this a terrible idea or just a bad one

>go to trade school
>go to work
>live frugal
>go to school while working
>acquire engineering or whatever degree
>acquire better job if lucky

>go to school while working
>graduate with Computer Networking degree at ~25-27
>get passed up for the 22 year old
>go back to working on grandpa's harley
shit

Nice shitbike m8.

you make more money with stem...

Don't give up breh, STEM is the way to go.
>dealer calls, says my bike is in
>hour before close to pick up bike today
>didn't have time to go home and get helmet
>just bought one there for way too much money because STEMbucks
>it's going to sit in my closet and get used

>me
>attempt Aerospace Engineering
>fail because burnout, lack of motivation, and difficulty
>join Air Force
>12 years later...
>make roughly 60k/yr as enlisted puke
>mad jelly of local hipsters in law and finance making 80k+ around age 28
It isn't bad though.

Whats STEM?

the real issue is I just have no way to get my foot into the door. I have no contacts/no established networks, so I can't rely on the Good Ol' Boy network to get me an interview and my grades weren't good enough to get me into a college/uni. I also live in a state with absolutely 0 entry level tech positions, and all I have is an A+ cert and """personal experience""" (read: no Job experience) from fucking around on my own computers

granted I know linux and the GNU userland like no one's business and I know my way around windows too, but no one's going to take that shit seriously on a resume if it's just from me doing shit in my own time.

I also can't afford to just move to where the jobs are, I'm working a minimum wage grocery store job.

at least I can change the oil on my shitbike

fields/degrees that involve Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

SCIENCE!
Texh
Injuhneerin
Maths

Go to a state-funded community college to get an associates degree then transfer to a university for a bachelor's degree in your field. Even as someone with great grades that could have got accepted directly into university this is the way to go because it's a lot cheaper. A lot of unis also have transfer scholarships that allow you to keep tuition rates similar to that of the cc.

do the math over again. BAH and BAS is non taxable income. when you look at your take home pay and figure out what it would take a civilian to take home the same after taxes you are probably more on par with the law and finance guys than you think.

i also guarantee they aren't getting near as much offtime, leave, and holidays as you.

i was a diesel mechanic in the navy, got out and got an engineering degree thinking i'd be crushing my enlisted salary and the difference is not as much as i'd thought it would be.

the real difference is i don't have to have a faggy haircut or wear a stupid hat to work. and smoke weed.

>off time
I had one four year assignment which I worked six day weeks more often than not and had excess use-lose under the old 90-day program if that tells you anything. I went Guard and life is a hell of a lot better, but who knows when my orders will run out.

>falling for the study to earn meme
>Thinking engineering / stem is the way to go, and it isn't fast becoming a no job industry that way to many people are studying for. Also migrants will do it for half the salary your hoping for

We live in the age of opportunity to run your own business. I'm making 90k a year with my online business which to be fair could be doing a lot better if I got someone to help but I'm worried they'll try and undercut me.

Stop talking about dick dribble you are killig dbt

I think some trade-school paths are probably competitive with quite a bit of STEM, especially when you take opportunity cost of grad school into account, but motorcycle mechanic probably ain't one of them.

>I just have no way to get my foot into the door.
I hear a github portfolio is useful for this sort of thing.

Nobody here does any serious riding. Are you new?

wr500?

you mean wr450?

Howdy gents

you mean wr450 killah?

My 1098 is up for a major service, thinking about just getting the best and timing and headstem bearings suspension rebuild/check done by a workshop and doing the rest myself been quoted 1600-2200 AUD for a full service and 800 just for what I've mentioned. sound any good?

lol

I'm $100 jealous nigger. how the fuck is it?
how did you go about buying it? husq dealer is like 300 miles from me.

Thats sad no wonder they are upset. Also can anyone find that fake yoshi pipe I got? Just want to see how cheap clones actually are. I mean hell I cant find full faked carbon fiber ones like I have on it.

They are worth 55usd. They aren't that bad.... I've imported tons of stuff from China. Bunch of butthurt people who have spent hundreds will tell you their not as good, but put side by side with real Yoshi the sound and looks / quality are the same.

even the rm-x450z is not as good as a wr450f

Yoshi literally said some clones actually are good but some are really not as good. Just a crap shoot on quality I guess but sounds I guess arent to off. Real yoshi's are usually more metallic sounding I would like to say. Hell ill take a decent Chinese knock off over stock anyway.

They also just come with different stickers so you can claim they are whatever brand you want. Bulk buying they come down to 49usd.
Again, don't stress they are actually good, just goes to show how badly we get ripped off for some of the big brands. Don't get me started on alpinestars

Some of the goods are actually better quality than some of the big brands (everyone will disagree because we are conditioned to believe otherwise). Some things really make me laugh, like the price Yoshi charged for tail tidys (I think they stopped?). I got them for $10 instead of 60. I even scratched one up and put it outside to see if it would rust and it never did.

Ive actually seen alot of those akrapovic ones. Well Taiwan, Japan, and China basically build the bikes anyway. Its like those Chinese short throw levers that are pretty damn good.

Im just glad people like you are out there testing the knock offs to report back to us. I appreciate it man.

What constitutes "real riding" on here anyway

Riding more than 10 mins and not coming back to post on le 4chinz to meme post your fake ride. Have to actually enjoy the ride.

We'll that is pretty much 98% of dbt. I think there's like 5 people on here maybe that do lots of riding

i don't even have a bike anymore

Those are actually supposed to be one of the best dual sports on the market, also Aprilia a best.

I know of like 5-6.
But they don't post that often, just like me.

i ride my road bike every second day and my dirt bike every weekend, does that count as serious riding?

I'm sure kitkat is one of them right?

No.

The ones I know are all European

Lol. There's plenty of Americans on here who ride as well.

But I don't know them or speak to them on a regular basis away from /dbt/