Previous Thread:
>4 4 T O N N E S
>Swift: Still full of """Pride"""
>BROKEN SEALS
>Shouldn't've signed that contract
>Should've paid for school you'reself
>Tfag files his 2016 taxes: drove 28k miles and grossed $1.7bil
>Tfag now on Forbes lists
>tfw local driving, wait for for every green before making turns, shitposting clock time away

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OLlcz_2mwTM
butlerautohyundai.com/used/Alfa Romeo/1988-Alfa Romeo-Quadrofoglio-e5fc23620a0e0a1733aaeffad4aad9bc.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ItjFLbYDvo0
sfgate.com/superbowl/article/Bud-Light-semi-truck-driver-apparently-unfamiliar-6805032.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inb4 spam
inb4 new thread with normal pic

youtu.be/OLlcz_2mwTM

I'll have your finest one of these please, in Hunter Green with a color matched Bandit Bar.

>Psssh...Nothing personal... Kenworth

Posting so I can find this thread.

Oh, I see. The OP tripped a hide filter, and didn't have 'truckerfag' in the title properly.

Wew lads. Keeping that auto industry turning this morning.

Goddamn Roaddog 146 is fuckin cringy.

Explain yourself.

>tune in to a show about the trucking business
>treated to three hours of people talking about how eating nothing but bacon changed their lives

Who here struggling for life itself in the dirty south right now?

Lawl Kevin Rutherford a shit.
Check out freewheelin around midday for awful radio featuring roller dog munchin super truckers attempting to have conversations about the inane bullshit the think is important.

I've been listening to too much of that show. Really the only decent trucker show is Coast to Coast.

Tim Ridley is pretty great is slightly hokey.

I don't usually post in these threads, but I like your OP image.

It's "personnel" you stupid newfag

Currently at a steakhouse in N. Little Rock. Life is fine, except for the fact that I can't go get this butlerautohyundai.com/used/Alfa Romeo/1988-Alfa Romeo-Quadrofoglio-e5fc23620a0e0a1733aaeffad4aad9bc.htm

Looks like something 007 would drive

>Probably a Stirling driver

Not bad kid, you made me use 10% of my maymay powers.

Nice looking ride. I have heard that 80s Alfas are fraught with issues though.

A friend of my mom's had one in orange when I was a kid. It was probably a junker but seven year old me though it was radical.

I thought both of you were the same person.

T-Thanks.

Survived the Atlanta winter nightmare which was fucking nothing! Even though I drug ass getting going this morning because I was waiting for ice to melt I'll still make it to the receiver in Houston like 12 hours before my projected arrival.

This shit makes my head hurt. I make perfect shifts based on the sound of my engine.

faggot
or just feel that shit out...

>Not paying for school yourself

toppest of kek for those that didn't

>wait for every green light before turning

Why? Why do you want to suffer?

>Cupholder still in the shittiest spot

>Not shifting at 1500rpms

Toppest of keks.

>6th gear at 20mph

Nigga just fuckin put it in at 12-15mph

>Why?
Because I can you dumb cuckedpermile poster.
There's no rush for me since I get paid by the hour. Unlike you fags that always have somewhere to be.

>1300 rpm shift every gear

Wat

>Basically mounted to the passenger door

Nothing like having to just about plank to grab one's coffee while barreling down the highway at 63mph.

>Calls others fags

>Unironically posts webm of edgy weeb garbage

It's called progressive shifting. I guess little company cucks wouldn't know anything about it, but when you buy your own fuel, it's a life saver.

Progressive shifting is where you increase the rpm point at which you shift a little bit with every subsequent upshift to account for less torque, not shifting at the exact same rpms every time like on the decal there.

I agree with you though that modern power plants don't need to be taken right to the max though.

Bumping so I don't have to try and find another thread tomorrow.

How does someone get into trucking?

>get your license
>get a cuck per mile OTR jerb
They pretty much just give both away.

any advice,wise truckerfag?

The advice he normally gives
>Get a bank loan (tell them it's for a CDL class, they usually jump at those)
>Go to a CDL class (shoulda found one before getting the loan)
>Make sure you get class A, not class B
>Get hazmat/tanker endorsements because they're a few dollars more
>Get a cuck-tier entry level job at a company with a tuition reimbursement offer (that second part is important)
>Slave away for two years and move on to greener pastures
>Mega companies suck (Swift, Schneider, CRST, CR England, etc)

Who dis bich? I watched the anime but I havent seen this girl.

Took 15 mins to pass each other. Why truckerfags

youtube.com/watch?v=ItjFLbYDvo0

Because your rage fuels our ego. It's delicious.

Write your congressman about outlawing speed limiters.

Asshole in the right lane won't back off for 5 seconds.

Left lane is too impatient to slow down 0.1mph and chill behind right lane.
Right lane is too impatient to slow down for 5 seconds and let left lane pass and be on his way.
Pick your poison.

>go into truck stop at night, circle around to the back where no one else is, thinking it'll be easier
>proceed to look like an idiot spending 10 minutes trying to back into an empty space because it's night and you can't see the lines
I'm tempted to get some high visibility cones but then I'd look like the biggest retard

Not him but what do I do when my two years are up? I'm 7 months in, don't plan on moving companies or having an accident so my resume should look good when my time is up. Drive for Walmart?

That's what I'm saying. I always slow down a few then flash em over. He'll flash his four ways and from that moment on we are bros.

Why is there so little bros helping bros on the road most truckers are cool at the fuel stops but very unbro on he road.

Because who cares? The overtaker makes the decision to overtake the overtaken. As the one being passed, I have no obligation whatsoever to you or the people behind you to slow down. I do however have an obligation to the DOT and the consignee that I get where I'm going on time. There's no reason I should have to slow down because you want to get around me.

>t. a faggot who goes too slow

You should know what you want to do after two years, and you'll have enough experience to actually have a few options open to you.

I just go 57mph all the time in a 76mph truck. When I come up on an oversize or a 55mph slowpoke I give it some gas up to the speed limit, get about 5 truck lengths between us, get over, and let the cruise do its job. All the 61.5 and 61.7mph cucks scoot right along by me without incident and the 75mph billy big riggers fly on by me. Only time I stick to the speed limit is on surface steets and 2 lane highways.

If I'm so slow, then it should be no problem for you to pass me.

you would think, but your ass is so fat that we have problems.

Sounds like you're slow if you can't pass.

>TFW my old truck could do 72 miles per hour

>MFW every truck in the fleet I drive for now is governed to 63

Feels limited man.

I want to tank orange juice back and forth from Florida to California. Or haul cars. Who did you company cuckshed with before you became a millionaire T-fag? Pls tell us about your early days pls.

IIRC, he did reefer with werner then he did dollar general dedicated before he bought YBJ

>mfw I'm doing Werner TCU right now and transferring to a dollar account in February
I'll be Dollar Tree though, not Dollar General. I'd like to move over to Dollar General because fuck rollers, but I hear Dollar Tree/Family Dollar is changing their unloading method, so maybe I'll get rolltainers too.

The tow.truck I drive normally does 74. Some of our other hinos will do 90 I think. The spedo stops at 85 but you keep gaining speed. That however is sketchy as fuck

Superior load management.

>gadgets covering +99% of your vision

>all that shit in the middle of the windshield

It's a Cabover with a retarded huge windshield..... like any.of that even obscures anything

Pic related.

are Hino's any good?

The 195 is ok. I towed a diesel expedition on it once. The 258 is way better as a tow truck. They are basically toyotas

do they make a smaller one?

nm, i see that they do.

I think the 195 is the smallest one they make but I'm not sure. We have 2 dodges, three 650s, four 550s, a couple freightliners, some Nissan UD cabovers, and a bunch of hinos 195 and 258.

what year is your Hino? it looks like the cabovers are pretty new for them.

12 or 13 I think. We got it like 2 years ago. Not my truck belongs to the people who pay me to drive it.

>Nissan UD cabovers
out of the jap cabovers, which would you say is the most reliable?

isuzu?

the UD's fucking suck and the only way to get parts for them is from japan. they suck to work on but I think that's just a cabover problem.

The hino's we have have never broken down but they don't have that many miles on them yet. the one I drive just rolled 99k today.

I see tons of old Isuzu around but we don't have any so not sure how well they hold up.

How common is it for truckers to wear their wife's leggings, lace undies and socks? My teammate does and now I'm wondering if there's a TA or Petro with a psychiatrist because I'm never sleeping well again.

I think he might be trying to tell you something...

I don't think OJ runs on trucks coast to coast anymore. Look at all the reefer cubes running out of Florida.

I ran OTR, DG, RR Donnelley, and walmart TCU all for about 3-12 weeks each before getting onto Budweiser dedicated for about a year and a half. It was mostly turn and burn and averaged 400-700 miles each way starting at 32cpm empty or loaded, and I ended up around 36cpm. Things slowed down in winter, but they'd keep us busy shuffling around pallets and trailers for other accounts at our regular rate which was higher than most of those accounts. The hours were weird, and the loads going out were always hot, especially in winter since we were hauling liquid in a dry van, but the DM was actually pretty decent and worked onsite at the St Louis brewery, so we didn't spend a ton of time running after trailers that weren't there or being assigned red tagged trailers.

DG has been saying they're switching to carts for at least 5 years to trick drivers into signing on. Floor loading can get you in great shape, but the accessory pay they offer for it doesn't break even with time you could spend driving for the first few months. Dropping trip paks right in the office helped get payroll straight, so at least you'd get paid on time. Most of the guys that made it past 6 months learned how to game their logs and we're doing at least $1200 net a week.

Tow truck drivers are abysmal. They aren't looking out the windshield most of the time anyway.

I don't know why anyone would want to be a trucker for any reason other than wearing lace panties and stockings.

> Only two lanes

A valuable lesson was learned last night. If you don't jack off for two weeks and then fall asleep on your stomach with the truck idling, the vibrations from the engine are enough to give you nocturnal emissions.
Fuckin, protip.

Talk me out of a Freightliner Cascadia for a short lease

>inb4 leasing a scam, doing a short lease to come up with the down payment for my own truck

Don't lease a truck through your company. Save up a bit and get a loan through your bank. Don't buy the truck you're in, find a cheap old truck and buy that one.

My company announced they are releasing a mobile app. I don't know what it would do that the Qualcomm can't. So I'm assuming it's just spyware.

Leasing a scam you dumb motel jockey

My company's mobile app has detailed payroll information, available loads, and a bunch of resources and contacts and stuff. You can link your phone with the qualcomm so if you get a message, it texts you the message.

The texts would be super nice but, maybe I'm just paranoid, I'm worried it will tell them if I'm using my phone while driving or let them track me.

>doing my team training with Prime now
My trainer was saying their leases are around $980/week...
>$980 per WEEK
>$140 per day
>$3920 a month
>$50,960 for one single year

and on top of that, you now get to pay for EVERYTHING

I hope the $980 figure is bullshit. I'll see what they try to rope me into in about a month.

Picked up some construction equipment today from a future rollerdog vendor. $500 dollarydoos for 3 hours of work between loads, and shut down in time for a triple wide spot in Franklin, OH.

What are you good boys going to do with your cuckbucks this week?

I've seen prime leases as high as $1600 a week for 3 years, with a $40k balloon payment at the end if you want to keep the truck.

Picking up some of these going to a pipeline laydown at some dudes house in Michigan tomorrow.
>load already paid $4.21/mi
>negotiated $250/hr detention after one hour
>contractor didn't bat an eye
Canadian oil is still big money.

Pic related

>TFag picks up load
>Is promptly given $3 billion cash upfront for being there

>Tfag shows up for a load
>turns out it's actually too tall to fit on his step deck
>shipper promptly pays him 4.6 billion for the TONU clause he masterfully negotiated

I like this meme.

TFW no riced truck

You guys ever get stuck on a hill?
I'm from this area but I don't go into SF that often. I was doing this delivery of a pallet of cardboard packing boxes today and I came to a red light right at the crest of this really steep hill. When it was time to go my 20+ ft truck had a slow start and as the cab went over the hill I felt my drives starting to slip. My truck started to roll backwards so I put my brakes and locked the differentials. Thank god that did the trick because I didn't want to explain to my boss I had to call a tow truck for a pallet of fucking cardboard boxes. I can't imagine what would have happened if I had a truckload of cement/blocks/pavers instead..

It happened to this guy too. Near the same street.

sfgate.com/superbowl/article/Bud-Light-semi-truck-driver-apparently-unfamiliar-6805032.php

Fuck San Francisco.

Man I drove up that street towing a trailer to deliver a car to the Pacific Union Club, fortunately didn't have to come to a complete stop. Took me 10 minutes to turn around in the lot and get out onto Pine though. I don't pull all the way up to red lights or stop signs, I just drive 2-3mph and time it to roll through. Used to live on Pine so I dealt with it every day (always parallel parking too), but only have gone through the city while towing a car maybe 20 times.

>I just drive 2-3mph and time it to roll through
That's what I do too but that light changes so quick. You can tell it's a fucked up situation. Shit look at the crosswalk it's all scratched up from people leaving their bellies there.

You know Washinton street? My delivery was on it. Right next to the trolley museum. Where the fucking thing runs down every 10 min or so. I just parked on Taylor and took my forklift down the sidewalk. Doing deliveries in this city bumps the difficulty to son of sparda mode.

one of you shitheads failed to stop at a redlight last week and luckily stopped halfway through the intersection before you tboned me and I ended your career. stay off your fucking phones.

@16461227

>San Francisco
Jesus fuck. I drove around that city once in a Honda Civic and that was enough for me.
I don't know how you truckerbros can do it.

>cuckbux

I bought a $10 big boy dinner from Chester's chicken. Couldn't even finish it. I'll probably be shitting in the box my food came in come 0400

>Get paid hourly
>Not getting bonus

Salty bro. I'm hourly OTR but I wanna do as many loads as I can for that $$$$

>See a spot close to station for food.
>Make wide turn to come in from the back
>Stop when I see this blocking the way

There's fucking spots in front of the god damn station you fucking 4 wheelers

Throw your piss bottles and shit jugs at it.

I drive to AZ and back multiple times a week. You can just look outside your window on the 10 and see piss jugs, I call them trucker ice tea, all along it. Where I took that picture there was a dropped trailer with 4 piss bottles surrounding it.

Probably a local driver saving himself a spot.