/hbg/ - Hacking and Homebrew General

11.2 HAPPENING EDITION
Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Safefirmhax announced and released, arm9 exploit for all firmwares, allows CFW/downgrading. Currently works up to 11.1 with svchax/slowhax, will support 11.2 when fasthax releases github.com/TiniVi/safehax
-fasthax pre-beta tonight for n3DS 11.1+ twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/816019867400863748 Beta tomorrow for all models twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/815991782580355073-freeShop was DMCA'd, albeit on shaky grounds like logo infringement. Backup copies still run, or there's several alternatives.
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.05 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
gbatemp.net/forums/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not an argument

1 job

OP of this thread here - I can answer a few PS4 questions if need be

Not everything but some

is it still 11.2 Happening Edition if we already had a thread with that edition?

I have n3ds from black friday.

Someone hold my hand please. 11.2.

note 3ds haxxers, the current waithax isn't compat with safehax. this will be fixed soon.

^that's my question

Should I turn off internet before doing anything?

I don't know about armhaxloader9 but arm9loaderhax is safe to update.

I'm having issues with soundhax. I moved the contents from the starter kit to the root of my SD card, downloaded the correct file for soundhax, and got the correct payload downloaded from otherapp plus renaming it to "otherapp.bin". When I finished reading all of the bird's tip and closed the 3DS Sound application, I re-opened it and open the music file. But what it does is bring me back to the 3DS menu, has anyone encountered this sort of issue?

Yes, it's still happening, and it will remain happening until 11.3 hits.

How long do you think the 3ds line will go on for? Is the switch going to combine the handheld with the console?

not needed

ah so it's 11.2 STILL HAPPENING EDITION. Thanks for clearing that up.

cannot confirm, works fine for me. what ver are you on?

Do I have to downgrade to 2.1.0 after running waithax and safehax?

Can I stop here?

"Edition" is cancer.

it's stimulating discussion isn't it?

Thank you.

One other question if I may.
11.2 is the last firmware, right?
I know that in the OP it seems to say so, but I'm not sure if it means that 11.2 is the latest or merely pointing that the link right after points to the latest entrypoints.

what happens if you've started the waithax process already with safehax on the sd card?

Before going to sleep, I guess. Saves a bit on the electric bill.

So let me get this straight.

I'll be able to get A9LH on my 11.2 n3DS when fasthax drops tomorrow or wednesday, right?

Latefags rejoice

Ever since I started using a 64gb card, it sometimes takes really long to return to the home menu (black screen for about a a minute), usually when exiting system settings. Could this fuck me up during hacking?

It's definitely not. It's just extremely cringy and somewhat guarantees the "chosen topic" in hand isn't dealt with a greater degree of attention.

Next OP image please and thanks

Current firmware is 11.0.0-33U on a N3DS.

attempting to confirm on my own, takes an hour per attempt for me. 17mins.
same as my current 2ds attempt.

yes, no dsiware or 2nd hacked 3ds

great post and observation but you're kinda proving my point

waiting for ps4 is a waste of time isnt it? i got it during cyber monday sales and havent went online because the post in the OP says dont. isnt the only thing going for this thing linux?

11.2 is the latest, correct. For good measure also do this:
3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
That way you'll have the freshest shit possible.

>all those cucks that jumped through hoops for one of the "golden" DSi games

>pic related me on the left

if they are pulled from the eshop are they completely unobtainable?

its not a waste of time if you can wait more.

just think about the xbone users. they have 100% nothing going on (that can even be called worth waiting for)

I have a 64gb card too and it takes about 2 seconds to get to the home menu

>download four swords for free
>jumped through hoops

okay so if I wanted to hack my 3ds, what are the benefits of it,also where can I start with hacking it, and how long does it usually take to do it? I know theres guides, but Im a retarded baby, im also very cautious

Godwait, user.

yet they're playing halo right now and teabaggin newbs

>Benefits

Free games, custom themes

>Downsides

None

>How long?

Quite simple.

Go into 3DS settings. If you're not on 11.2 you can hack it right now.

If on 11.2, you can hack it in a few hours.

Well, every time an "Edition" thread pops, the facts I stated are proven too.

It's cancer.

but they have to pay
thats the difference

paying to play vs paying to collect dust?
playstation scene is dead

Im on 11.2 ,so do i just wait for the guides to be updated or wait for a entire guide to be made?

Have you tried going back to the soundfile after it brings you to the home menu? It does that with me but always works on the second or third try

Any way to use my SD as storage for GC and Wii games to use in vWii?

Should /hbg/ just be renamed to Piracy General?

Since posters here don't give a fuck about anything even remotely related to homebrew if it doesn't involve getting games for free.

So is it possible to install Homebrew via SoundHAX onto my cartridge of OoT3D? If so, is it still possible to play OoT3D normally?

11.2 will likely be hackable in a few hours. Monitor /hbg/.

It might also be slightly harder to hack.

Yeah lets talk about getting weeaboo themes on our 3ds's instead of talking about the main reason people hack the 3ds in the first place

it will be longer than this. come back in ~3 days. fasthax is currently too unstable for casual use

>install Homebrew
>onto my cartridge of OoT3D

its taking time. the main issue is having to make the backups work without modding the system like before on ps3

a henkaku-like framework needs to be made, or custom firmware which will not happen for some time

we're very far along, but nobody is saying JUST how far because sony is always watching

not an argument

there's nothing useful about homebrew except piracy and cheating

lmao wtf

11.0-11.1 users, waithax isn't working with safehax yet. you'll need to wait a bit longer

So then why not rename /hbg/ to piracy general?

You already admit you don't care about homebrew anyway.

Thank you, I am almost eternally grateful for your help.
Hope you have a great new year.

meh let's keep it just to confuse the newfags it'll be an epic win

not an argument

People don't trade pirated games here.
They just talk about the waysin which you can enable homebrew that can allow you to play pirated games.
But playing pirated games is not what is talked about here.

Because "homebrew and hacking" is accurate, you need to quit with this shitpost

waitin on waithax

>confuse the newfags it'll be an epic win

epic

Do you have nothing better to do than bitch about the title of a thread on a mongolian shitposting imageboard?

not an argument

okay npnp, thank you

>People don't trade pirated games here.
Sometimes they do.
I remember seeing plenty of dumps for vita games and some 3DS games when the piracy scene for those handhelds blew up

Most of the discussion on /hbg/ is about how to pirate games on consoles, not about homebrew.

Only the "hacking" part is accurate
And it's hacking for the specific purpose of pirating games. Homebrew outside of piracy is not what is talked about here.
You need to accept that fact and quit with the shitposts in denial.

you already said that

reddit pls go

Fuck off, retard.

thats a different guy I said it first

>do you have anything better to do than shitpost on a mongolian shitposting imageboard

Thanks user, you too!

Shit you caught me

>reddit
Not an argument

You first.

No he said it first that's why his post is before yours.

nice shoop faggot

see two different people, so not an argument

guide update for the new exploit when

Getting a black screen when choosing safehax after svchax finished, any ideas on what's going on?

gbatemp.net/forums/
Wow it would be a shame if a site existed for this purpose or something

What the fuck are you expecting to see in here?

Fuck off, retard.

safehax is still pre-alpha so give it some time to respond, if it's still black after 3 minutes retry.

>see two different people,
not an argument

not an argument

Not an argument

not an argument

Fuck you I'm one person

I am starting this out by stating clearly that I need help with one step at a time instructions. My brain can not process all the information on a one page tutorial at once.

My Old 3DS is running HB 1.1.1 and firmware 9.4.0-21U. Could someone please take me through a one step at a time in order for me to be able to update this so I can do some injection with Pokemon Sun and Moon?

I'm so fucking retarded, I forgot to change OLD to NEW on the drop menu when you download the payload. Thanks for helping out anyways anons.

see
Not an argument

Dragon Quest 8 is coming out in a few weeks.

This means a new firmware update is around the corner.

My question is, should I play this one or the PS2 version?

If I have a9lh+luma can I just copy the contents of the current SD onto another new bigger one and use the new one straight away or do I have to do something to if first?

not an argument

Nope, it's that easy.

all me

Format the current SD first.

be advised 11.0-11.1 is not working with safehax (waithax method) atm, we'll have to wait. black screen is normal failure case - safe to hold power button to restart system.

I don't know why you're linking to your home site

>What the fuck are you expecting to see in here?
Homebrew discussion that isn't almost entirely about piracy.
Otherwise it should be called Piracy general and not Homebrew general