pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it was never as good as decisive battles.
youtube.com/watch?v=07LGm2ZN7W4

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Truth_Ore_Consequences
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yehuling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_conquest_of_Khwarezmia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Based Alaric

3nd for i forgot to buy napoleon and warhammer during the sale and now im sad

post em lads

xth for Stainless Steel a shit

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

Jesus Christ, just how bad are Greenskins and Skarsnik against the fucking Dwarves? Everywhere I go if I don't get a good autoresolve fight I'm bound to lose the manual, and even if the balance is hugely in my favor when I auto I sometimes get defeats. What is this fucking bullshit? Dawi extermination when?

What difficulty?
Using any sort of combat mods?
Did you remember to focus on the army skill tree and get poison attacks at level 4?

dont even fight dwarfs without a waaagh backing you up, you're gonna have a bad time til you get black orcs.

Normal or Hard usually
No mods
Poison attacks on all my Lords

Are they playable in the game yet, or will they have their own DLC?

They are playable through mods but their roster is incomplete, most buildings do nothing and they use the Greenskin tech tree. They are getting a complete release as a free-DLC in February.

This isn't funny you chaos shits.

Truly, Stirland is worst province.

nth for shilling your own mod

Hey TWG. I am a history nut but terrible at these games.
Any videos I could watch to get good? Also should I start with Shogun 2 or Attilla?

>Gobbo Archers

>tfw no follow-up to uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Truth_Ore_Consequences to see how rich Shor's stone gets

Start out with Shogun 2 then Fall of the Samurai then Attila. Or check out the other historical titles in the series after playing Shogun 2

Shogun 2 is pretty much the most polished and the easiest title to get into Total War

As for videos you can check out channels like Heir of Carthage or MrSmartDonkeyLP

For history games I have no idea who to watch, but PartyElite teaches Warhammer basics. It's applicable to most games, though, since military tactics hasn't changed much, even in a fantasy setting.

As for a starting game, Shogun 2. Attila has way more complex and punishing campaign mechanics than Shogun 2. If you want an easy jump-in point, Rome 2 would probably be best. Its campaign is simple enough to get good at and isn't too punishing like Attila, and it's slower than Shogun 2, giving you plenty of time to figure out what you are actually doing. Having said that, Shogun 2 is still a good starting point.

Just sit back and shoot them so they get forced to attack you :^)

you need trolls or skulkers. might be able to get away with spamming rock lobsters

Squigs, skulkers, trolls, a couple starting units (black orc/arachnarok), goblin shamans, rock lobbas, poison attacks neuter dwarf offense, massed missile fire into blobs

Bretonnia:

>2 infantry
>1 missile infantry
>3 cavalry
>1 missile cavalry
>1 artillery

Holy shit, they are incomplete. What are they going to get added in? I think they need 3-4 more infantry options, at least.

I forgot to buy Attila dlcs. At least that game is piratable.

>slaneesh lives in the Elven woods

wot

>THE cavalry faction
>needs more infantry

If they stick to the army book, one unit of charge cav, one unit of melee cav, peasant archers with flaming shots/stakes, and peasant swordsmen with shields.

>Where is Krell?

No seriously CA where is he?

Why is it so hard to mod? I just want Imperial Destroyer's new regions in Darthmod.

>Bretonnia took Marienburg
>We've been allies since the first couple of turns

REEE FUCKING SHITS

Who are you quoting?

There was a quest when I was playing wood elves, and some dude wanted to go in and try and get an artifact but it was a bad idea cause Slaneesh lives there.

I refused it too. Chaos corruption is bad enough when you're fighting off Beastmen.

Empire with mods or NapoopaN?
if Empire with mods, which mods?

I've played the shit out of FOTS, I still want guns but I'm sick of Japan

Dreaming Wood is Slaanesh's summer rape mansion. Technically it's not *in* the woods proper it's in the chaos dimension, but you can access it through Athel Loren because magic trees n shiet.

Is there any reason to go with zombies over skeletons? Besides zombies being just slightly cheaper.

>get this quest
>get the 20% ward save item from it

Yeah I'll take some girlcock any day of the week for that

both are chaff, but the looser formation of the zambies can help them a bit against artillery.

Skeletons can actually kill things, but zombies are superior if you just want a meatshield
If you're playing campaign you may as well just use skeletons, but in multiplayer I prefer zombies (and summoning them up)

Zombies are superior to raise with the raise dead spell. Their meatshield capabilities are okay, but they need leadership or they'll just disintegrate really quick.

The other consideration is that VC rush, and zombies are slower than your other units.

Napoopan

Imperial destroyer for good campaign map + new regions

Darthmod for decent battles.

Can you recreate famous battles? I want to redo Badger Mouth.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yehuling

kinda/not really
depends on the battle really

Nope, because we'll probably never see a total war engine able to take that many soldiers at once, but that would be grand. A total war: Romance of the three kingdoms game would be neat, fights would be literal sea of infantry going against one another so you'd have to use actual tactics to make things managable.

My cousin got me playing pic related and I have been a Mongolian history fanatic ever since.
I would love a game where you replay their invasion of the middle east.
THis wiki is worth a fast read; its astounding
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_conquest_of_Khwarezmia

does anyone have the list of units for the tabletop armies and what the game has compared to the list?

>own the game legitimately
>dont cheat
>played yesterday
>this shit pops up

What the fucking hell.

Thanks to some bullshit I got Total Warhammer for cheap. Its my first TW and I'm enjoying it so far but I have almost no clue what I'm doing. Is there some general path I should be taking through each campaign?
All I can do right now is work with old RTS experience. Send melee vs melee, ranged vs ranged, flank where you can, etc, but I doubt that's going to work past easy mode. Is there some trick I'm going to need to learn before I start messing around with flying and monster units?
I've only been playing dwarfs so far if that makes any difference

Genghis Khan did nothing wrong, and in fact he was a pretty good and honorable ruler way ahead of his time, even creating forms of animal conservations by authorizing hunting only during a certain time of the year and sought that all honor their vows of loyalty, even his mortal enemies.

called the police

M2TW: Broken Crescent mod - or just good ol' Stainless Steel if you want to play against them.

To play as Mongols, I can only recommend Eras - although I never played it.
... welp, might as well give it a shot, though.

Also made it illegal to piss in streams, tolerated religions and enforced that tolerance with military might.
He guarded trade routes, encouraged scholars and in general was an amazing ruler.
I honestly consider him one of the greatest rulers of all time. Ironic considering all of it started because some sheep herder stole his wife

Are there any other significant human factions beside Bretonnia, that AREN'T the Empire, that could be added as a playable faction?

just called the swat team friend, they should be banging down your barricaded basement doors any second
say goodbye to /twg/

false positives are not that rare, raise an issue with CA over it. Though it might be a known problem.

First off, there are two difficulty sliders.
You only see one when starting the game, this is the campaign difficulty. This primarily affects campaign AI, Agressiveness, lack of willingness to cooperate, and public order penalties.
It is set at start.

In addition to this, battle difficulty scales with what you set your campaign AI, it gives light bonuses to enemy morale and shit on the battlefield.
A lot of people don't like this, and you can change it once the campaign has started, and playing a very hard campaign with easy battles still gets you the very hard cheevos and shit.

Just to keep in mind.

You'll see hammer and anvil repeated ad nauseum here. This is for sensible reasons. it is the be all-end all for fucking up the AI.

Rather than melee ranged cavalry designations, the primary property of a unit is how it fits into hammer and anvil really.

Missiles weaken the enemy anvil and scare off some hammer units, they also do deny enemy missiles. Artillery does the same but at extended range. The primary strength of artillery is, defending or attacking: If you have an arty advantage the enemy MUST attack you.

Then you have your hammer and your anvil.
Anvil can usually be the cheapest part of your army and hammer is often the most expensive.

Understand that being in combat and charging are very important cornerstones to the gameplay.

If you engage in melee, you are essentially using CC on the enemy unit, which leaves them wide open to be flanked. Charges give (most) units a very significant bonus in combat. With most shock cavalry the bonus is so substantial you want to charge, run out of combat and charge again.
Note that charges do use your targetting, if you issue an attack order on an enemy archer far away, and your unit gets blindsided halfway, your unit did NOT charge into combat.

What regions does ID add other than Warpath shit?

However he died, the Khan took great pains to keep his final resting place a secret. According to legend, his funeral procession slaughtered everyone they came in contact with during their journey and then repeatedly rode horses over his grave to help conceal it. The tomb is most likely on or around a Mongolian mountain called Burkhan Khaldun, but to this day its precise location is unknown.

John Green pls go

how do you use free company effectively?

I've never seen this steep map before.

It's a fun one.

Subutai was inarguably the greatest general of all time.
Pic related, this was what he did to the finest army in Europe

As Empire, do the Notfrench deserve to live?

Major army book factions, no.
Southern realms and Kislev are the only other humans really.

KANGZ are pretty human despite being undead.

pt. 2

I just read that you're playing stunties, they're a good easy entry point I suppose(especially for campaign map) but they lack varied tools and considerations other factions have.

Flying units can only get back in the air if they're away from enemy units, so really swift cavalry can pin them down indefinitely.
Overall flying units are fairly intuitive and you should have no problem understanding their role.

Monstrous units are also very intuitive, the basic assumptions of less models but splash damage is reasonable. The thing to keep in mind both against and while using large units is that missiles can shoot over the melee and hit the tall fuckers really easily. Two crossbows focus firing can almost make a giant vanish into thin air.
A not so obvious feature to monstrous units is that their mass allows them to push through units, and their splash damage works as psuedo-range sometimes.
An example of this is as VC, using basic infantry to engage, and then charging your crypt horrors through the back of your infantry into the enemy. Whereas doing the same with a second infantry unit kinda just blobs it up behind the first.

Mass is an important point as well. It mostly refers to the ability of a unit to ignore everything around it and move.
It's probably the biggest weakness of the entire stuntie faction by far, but it's only a real concern in multiplayer.

And AP damage, in SP is mostly a concern of who you're fighting.

Fighting dorfs/chaos, use handgunners. Fighting anyone else use crossbows.

That's all I can think of right now. Ask more specific questions if you have them.

Don't use them against anything armored to start with. They're just a unit you can kinda be mobile with and stretch their health a bit further by being out of combat. Nothing standout.

all the counts could be made into interesting factions i bet
i dunno know the neeeeeeeerd lore for them but im sure all of them have their sspecial snowflake nonsense

add to the current roster

>Questing Knights (greatweapons melee cav, armour piercing)
>Grail Pilgrims (high defence + leadership infantry, shields)
>Errant Knights (cheaper shock cav)

Lords
>Prophetess of the Lady (Wizard Lord)

Legendary Lords
>Louen Leoncouer (Franz 2.0)
>The Fay Enchantress (Wizard LL)
>The Green Knight (Ethereal LL, can use world roots).

It's not a bad roster. Perhaps they need to make a Paladin Lord and another Melee Hero to round out the Lord and Hero selection?

h-he also carried out a level of mass murder not seen until the age of industrailised warfare

They don't really have any issue with Bretonnia and they do help one another out a fair bit.
It's just religious differences that keep one another from being true partners all of the time.

Attila the Hun was allegedly buried inside a gold coffin inside a silver coffin inside a wooden coffin and had a river diverted over his burial site, only to have everyone involved killed after the fact.

The Iranians shouldnt have killed him ambassadors

Kislev is the biggest. The actual roster should focus on skirmishers and skirmisher cav, melee infantry and War Bear cavalry. And Ice Wizards.

Otherwise, Estalia, Tilea and the Border Princes should have their own roster, but it would be fairly similar to the Empire. Just pikes and less artillery. But they should get Dogs of War regiments of Renown so you could get crazy shit like Slayer Pirates, and Ogres along with some beefy Pike and Crossbow units

>world roots
You mean the UnderLady?

And Greenskins only have one melee hero so I think that's fine.

You are missing the Grail Reliquae I think, they have confirmed those are in. Don't paladin lords already exist? I think the other Bret dukes are those.

CA releases brets in february.
They are the same as Chaos - you get a basic roster, say, like it is right now with no special mechanic.
For 10-30 usd you can buy a unit pack.

Technically it's still free.

H-how did he kill them off if he was dead?

He left orders with his lieutenants I would imagine.

Also on the topic: Allegedly Tamlerlane's tomb foretold that if his body was disturbed, the world would tremble.
His body was discovered by the Soviets and a very short time later, Germany launched their attack on the Soviet Union.

Grail Pilgrims/Reliquae are the same thing, although perhaps making them separate would be a good idea.

Technically speaking, yeah, Bretonnian Lords are (almost) all Grail Knights and Paladins are hero units only, but it would nice to have a more diverse Lord selection. Not a big deal though

i'm pretty experienced in all total war games besides Warhammer. Warhammer is a different experience to a point from what i've heard.

Generally you want more surface area of attack than the otherside when it comes Melee fighting. If you can get 2 units to fight one unit from the same direction thats great in the short term. Your unit will eventually lose because the other side will just outlast your unit, but it allows you free up a unit that you can use to hit the 2 units in the flank or that be used to create local superiority. Clumping up units wont make the other side die any faster. The archetypal example of this is the Battle of Cannae between Rome and Carthage.

Local superiority is another important thing. Theres "global" superiority which is having the most units in the entire battle. But local superiority is having the most units in a small part of the fight. Say on the right side of your line you have 5 units and they have 3.

Global superiority makes it much easier to have local superiority, but using clever maneuvering and "pinning" the other sides troops into useless 3v1 fights(where theyre all facing the same direction) you can create local superiorities and eventually win a fight. one example of a "pinning" tactic is the battle of Dara, between the Byzantines and the Sassanids. the Byzantines used the trench to "pin" the infantry of globally superior Sassanid army. Then he used local superiority to win the fights on the flank(also he used ambushes) and gained the upper hand and won the battle.

Cavalry is great for doing both of these as well as preventing them from happening to . Keep them at the wings to fight off other cavalry and to kill off the other sides cavalry.

Also keep a small part of your force in reserve behind your main line to shore up parts of your line that are vulnerable of being broken through(this is an effective use of clumping up your troops) and to prevent flanks and local superiorities.

what about Araby, Nippon, and those Amazons?

technically the Grail reliquae is part of the grail pilgrim unit. I could see them having it as a separate unit however.

A peasant hero character would be neat.

Sort of like in shogun 2 you could have the heroic ashigaru.

A heroic peasant. Perhaps able to be armed with a long bow. Sort of similar to the wood elf sniper hero but not nearly as snipey. good at ranged attacks, decent in melee, but mostly about buffing peasant units.

Similar to the Bertrand (totally not robin hood) the brigand.

Doesn't really need to be melee due to paladins.

Also I hope damsels get Life and Beast lores. (I would also like light. but I know that bretonnia never did get to use light for whatever reason)

What ever happened to maximus? I can't play without his and other's combined autism helping me min max everything. What are your thoughts on night goblin warbosses? Are they worth using over an orc warboss?

Apologists are the worst. The man genocided over half the Eurasian continent seemingly because he liked killing people and raping their women. His plunder of China was so traumatic that one of the most advanced civilizations the world has ever seen literally never recovered and stayed in a state of near complete stagnation. He literally took millions of prisoners of war just to kill them in the most brutal way possible because he's a sick freak. Seriously, after the Battle of the Kalka River, he built floor boards on top of his prisoners and feasted on top of them to the sounds of their death. His trade routes that he defended did nothing but spread the bubonic plague to Europe, where even after death, the khan indirectly managed to destroy another culture for no reason. His "religious tolerance" was because he saw himself as a god higher than all the petty gods of men and thus didn't give a shit who people worshiped as long as they worshiped him in some way. People who defend Temujin are literally "but Hitler fixed the economy!" or "but Stalin advanced social justice!" tier.

Being a good general has literally nothing to do with being a good ruler. Temujin was a god tier general and everyone with a military background should study him however

Once Archaon comes if you're friendly with bretonnia, bretonnia starts sending a couple stacks to fight chaos... if the woodelfs haven't raped and murdered them all.

chill mate, he got the trains running on time so its all good

How can you keep your job if you keep leaking all this stuff for us, Darren?

Araby is the most significant of those by far, but still not too pertinent to many factions(at least in the psuedo-end times setting where the other races offer a threat. They're also incredibly unlikely because CA would need fairly original assets for them.

Nippon and Cathay are REALLY far away, and left very ambiguous to the audience.

Amazons are a very light bit of flavour to Lustria and are probably less relevant than even the halflings in the Empire.

By being brutal he stopped rebelions that would have killed more and stopped cities from resisting. He always offered the option to surrender.
Also Genghis wasnt responsible for the black death.

still a good general tho.

They're a good early game unit since they can do a bunch of things alright. Position them behind your main line and on a hill and they can fire into the enemy if the enemy makes a hole, and then charge in to fill the gap, or have them swing around the side aiding in fighitng off enemy skirmishers and then hitting the rear of the enemy line. in mid game they can set up flanking maneuvers or ambushes for enemy light elements. in late game they lose all effectiveness and should be replaced with professionals

not really touched on as far as I can tell. The Empire and Bretonnia had proper army books which is where the units come from, while Kislev and the Dogs of War (which represents all the southern nations) have had official rules released before, from where CA could develop armies.

Having said that, Araby will need to be introduced when the Tomb Kings are added so there's that, Amazons when they do the western continents (and we'll hopefully get Pirate Vampires)

>herp derp, if we kill everyone in the world and burn it to the ground, it won't rebel later

> Warnings and examples are useless

custom sieges on Attila are the absolute fuckign worst
what the fuck were they thinking

Post your Top 5 Generals of all Time
>
>
>
>
>

well he got what he got by right of conquest no pussyfooting around it but walking into a city choping up all the males and raping the women is not that uncommon for the time
its not just a mongol traditional pass time

The easiest thing to do for battles by far is to watch the small video guides on Part Elite's youtube channel, he goes into the core concepts of Total War games vs traditional RTS.

As far as Campaign goes, it really is free form & depends on your faction but just remember that diplomacy is do-able & useful, expansion is necessary & as you get stronger so will other factions.

You also want to make sure you're decently prepared for the Chaos invasions at like what turn 100?

>Caesar
>Belisarius
>Genghis Khan
>Patton
>Hannibal Barca

Karl Franz IS Prince and Emperor so he gets 2 slots at the top.
dunno bout the rest