NASCAR AND DRAG IS SO FUCKING BORING WHY WOULD ANYONE WATCH THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ly2vuzs1-As
youtube.com/watch?v=67iEwLgaHxM
youtu.be/7RTnYHw8CRg?t=16
youtu.be/4TODr3JZ1tU?t=323
youtube.com/watch?v=WytUNtPew2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Professional drag races are pretty fucking cool IRL.

Otherwise correct.

For the crashes, obv.

The appeal of drag racing is that you can participate in it yourself. Pull an old hoopty from a junkyard, throw whatever engine you want in there (in the US someone somewhere will make the necessary adapter plates and mounting brackets to fit anything American into anything American), see what you can do.

Any motorsport is incredibly boring if you watch it on tv. Go to a NASCAR or NHRA event and I bet you'll change your mind.

>2016+7 days
>not liking all kinds of motorsport

F1 races are on those great tracks you love so much and they are fucking awful. With how bad it has been in recent years, I might switch to NASCAR.

Ehh. I went to a NASCAR race a couple years ago. My mom likes it so I brought her to the final race at Homestead. We had pit passes for the before the race so we got to walk on the track and see the cars and crews up close and that was cool. Then the race started and it was entertaining for about 5 laps and then I was kinda over it.

I also wasn't drinking. I would like to see an F1 race before I die but I have a feeling trying to watch the actual racing would be a shitty experience. At least with ovals, if you get a higher seat in the stands, you can actually see the whole track.

>tfw lost all those pics from the Ecoboost 400 when my phone died

Americans so fat and lazy that they can't put time to engineer on great tracks.

Why do most drag racing cars have big tires at the back and tiny at the front?

Our WWII airports didn't all get bombed out so we kept using em instead of making tracks.

This was a fun thread from a couple years ago. Make a track out of your local airport.

Grip in the rear, less rolling resistance up front.

My closest airports pretty lame. But the view would be amazing.

Bigger NASCAR tracks do kinda suck because you're either too close to see the whole track or too far away

Try going to Bristol, Martinsville, Dover, etc, where even the nose bleeds are pretty close. I quit folllwing MASCAR a few years ago but I never pass an opportunity to go to a short track.

Pic Related: Bristol night race, 43 cars racing bumper to bumper at 100+mph on a 1/2 track

It's interesting how NASCAR is the only event where the nosebleed seats cost more than the front row seats.

People don't get NASCAR until you go, or the fact that it's three hours of nonstop action. When I saw f1 at Silverstone, it was great, but you could only see one corner and you only saw maybe one or two passes. NASCAR has shit happening all the time.

Is it true that you can bring your own beer and lots of it to a nascar track aswell? Im sold if thats true.

NASCAR and drag racing is popular because its easy to follow when drunk

NASCAR blows. Everybody should make it to an NHRA event at least once though just to see and feel the power of those cars. When they start up they sick all the air around them, you can't breathe for a second, and they disappear instantly when they launch. TV cameras don't do them justice. Also
>US doesn't have road courses

because our racetracks are all in binary code to confuse the fuck out of you

ITT

STOP LIEKING WHAT I DONT LIKE

I DONT LIKE IT SO THAT MEANS NO ONE LIKES IT AND ITS STUPID

THE ******************ONLY************* RACE TRACKS THAT EXHIST IN AMERICA ARE STRAIGHT LINE OR A CIRCLE

RIGHT GUYS

BECAUSE AMERICA IS ONLY LIKE 35 PEOPLE

I don't think you know what bait means.

no one cares about road racing in the US

only drag racing and NASCAR

Why do you watch horses and greyhounds go around a round, boring track? You know engines exist right? last time I checked that was a multi bullion dollar industry over there.

Yes, you can bring a soft sided cooler into the stands.

Also, when you go to a race, take a scanner and headphones. It makes the race a HELL of a lot more enjoyable. Tune the scanner to 454.0000, that's the PRN or MRN broadcast of the race. You can program in the various drivers' channels, too, but that's kinda boring.

(You)

yeah man

you see so many people talking about road racing

its every where on TV and the drivers are views as celebrities

F1 is like wwe and NASCAR is like ufc

(You)

both are scripted?

yeah man

cool argument

sorry you lack the brain capacity to make one

Since road course racing does exist I can technically out-fact you with photos and video of people caring about it. In truth pretty much all TV here is shit taste. Handegg and NASCAR both blow to watch and are the most popular, better sports and motorsports don't get prime airtime but all about equally get non-prime airtime. SPEED channel was cool back almost 10 years ago, if there wasn't a NASCAR event on it would be road racing or something with motorcycles. I miss that channel.

>NASCAR
>turning right
>in the rain

Pick all three

Don't watch then, participate

Make Nascar Great again

youtu.be/Ly2vuzs1-As

if people actually cared it would get more airtime

this is like saying people care about some bumfuck local band compared to some international superstars

sure a few people might care but the amount is so low you can say no one cares

Didn't NASCAR use to have tracks with actual corners?
You can see what I am taking about at 0:30 and 0:46
youtube.com/watch?v=67iEwLgaHxM
What happened?

NASCAR still does 2-3 road courses a year. I've seen it at infineon 4 times

Okay.
I always assumed the go straight - turn left - repeat 800 times meme was absolute

It gets airtime for every race, just not prime airtime. Since its not a retarded number of laps it just doesn't last a gazillion hours like a NASCAR event does.

I forgot about SPEED. It hasn't been gone for that long, has it? I think NBC Sports took over and kept the F1 broadcasts on there at least. But that channel is mostly soccer now.

I think CBS Sports might be the one with lots of those races now. They took the PowerBlock from Spike too. And then Velocity is decent but no actual races.

I enjoyed this

I stopped paying for cable a long time ago, SPEED was nice but overall not worth it.

It's an easy sport to follow when you're hammered

If you think seeing shit like this irl isn't intense as fuck, I don't know what to tell you

youtu.be/7RTnYHw8CRg?t=16

At this point NASCAR is a literal rolling advertisement that may or may not have a race going on when your watching it. There's just something special about back woods hick town short track racing where all the cars are fucked from being crashed 400 times in five years before they get replaced by a new $500 shell. Seeing the truck series are Mosport every year is always entertaining, until a couple years ago a lot of the drivers weren't used to the brake fade and didn't know what to do.

American sports are for the entertainment of the crowd. Other countries are more about just the players. American sports keeps things simple so the crowd has fun and can see everything. Europe's sport players are just too smug to understand that and could care less about the crowd.

Yea, it's understandable on the surface to go 'yea v8 car turns left every couple seconds' and just brush off the series from the get go.

But the more you get into it, the more you learn how the tracks differ from each other, wether it be the bankings, the surface, the weather/temperature, or the overall layout of the tracks. (Pic related, its Pocono)

I saw F1 when it came to Indianapolis, it was cool, but you only really got to see a bit of action at a time, if that. NASCAR is a whole other beast, where even a bunch of rows up you can feel the speed and the pounding of those engines.

>tfw abandoned airport near me
>its private property
At least some times people organize autocross events there

I'm a bong and I live drag racing.
Circuit racing is dull as fuck for everyone except the guy driving.

With drag racing the cars are always cool as fuck, there will be crashes and explosions and top fuel is unlike anything else in the world.

So the sum up drag racing is cool because:
Burn outs
Cool cars
Amazing engines
Crashes and burn outs
Short races so you can see a hundred cars race in an afternoon

This reminds me of that post about american scales to metric

Daily reminder all car racing pales in comparison to bike racing.

youtu.be/4TODr3JZ1tU?t=323 here's a video to show you the beauty of bike

>tfw abandoned airport near me
>its military property but they don't give a fuck so people go shoot and drive there
B L E S S E D

NASCAR turned right in the rain last year

youtube.com/watch?v=WytUNtPew2E

i wouldn't say "all" but yea bike racing is sick as fuck

wow he really pressed on that gas pedal hard didn't he, lots of skill there.

Best race last year

Fug this reminds me of those underground racing league events in Need for Speed: Underground 2. I miss those days.

lots of horsepower + lots of extra grip goves you a great launch and more surface area

It doesn't matter how many turns there are, everybody is still going around in circles. Stop trying assume that there's a fundamental difference.

why dont you try to control 1500 horsepower, get a good launch, and travel 1/4 mile in 7-8 seconds most likely less

No you dimwit, it's sarcasm.

NASCAR is only worth watching live

>tfw sitting in the stands 7 beers deep
>as the pack zips by it shakes you down to your bones
legitimately a good feel, most other forms of motorsport are better to watch live though