/eagg/ - East Asian Genocide General - Samurai and Blu Meng Edition

Last bread: What we know so far:
-Dynasty Warriors 9 confirmed.
-Zhou Cang is playable, Shu officer.
-DW9 will be open world. We may or may not get a lot of newcomers. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Musou Stars may or may not replace Warriors Orochi.
-Berserk Musou is around the corner for the west, 2017 release.
-Koei-Tecmo has more games to announce this year, potentially during the Nintendo Switch Direct.
-Sanadamaru confirmed for localization.
-We're still ded.
-Xiaoqiao is best girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LJms1CGHjn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that Cao Cao is the scion of filthy eunuchs.

Zhenji is best girl.

t. Liu "WE WUZ HANS" Bei

False and Wrong, Lingqi is Best Girl.

northern girls > southern girls

Oh how I missed you, /eagg/. Finally, I'm home.

Welcome back.

I'm at an impasse.

I can't take the castle to the Right, because my only helpful ally just can't cut it, and I sure as hell can't do it ALONE. Every time we try to go at them, we get stomped by the defending officers, and that's not even counting the one guy who shows up after the fact with 10,000 troops.

I can't do ANYTHING here, so how the hell do I proceed?

You don't have to expand right next to your starting castle. Perhaps try going west or north? marriages are also a thing so if you're worried about them stomping you raise their trust to 100 and get a marriage so they won't fuck with you and might help you out later.

The game won't let me attack the nearest castle north, and to the west is my only ally.

Screw it, I don't like being all traitor-y, but if I'm gonna get anywhere I have no choice.

>game won't let me attack northern castle
what do you mean? You don't have to use the military tab to attack. What you can do is click on the castle and a fan will appear above it. click the fan and it will ask you how many troosp and in what formations you want to deploy. Once deployed you can order the formation around wherever you want.

Ah.

Well, that's much more helpful, isn't it?

Well, not like it makes much difference. All other castle nearby are much stronger than Nagashima

Since it looks like your next to Oda, perhaps try waiting for Imagawa to start taking their territory on their march to the capital? This is assuming you started at the Birth of Nobunaga start. AI Oda usually sucks and gets steamrolled so you can use that opening to take a few castles. On my custom playthrough as a few Dynasty warriors I've almost managed to eliminate Hojo, but I'm completely surrounded. I grew to fast so Takeda, Hojo, Date, Nagoya, and a few smaller clans have formed a coalition against me. Gonna have to wait it out and hope Hojo doesn't expand while the coalition is active as Takeda and Date have good officers that can stave off my assaults.

I want a samurai princess

Yosh!
There's not a lot of healing items around.

Being Mitsunari is suffering

>Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced As A New “Rebirth” And Open World Title

Wait what? Im all for revitalizing the franchise after 7 hacky slashies plus spinoffs but is "open world" the way to go.

A giant explorable China to conquer could be cool a fuck if done right, but I worry we're hoping on the wrong trend

Knowing KT, DW9 will probably end up OK, with the open-world being implemented not to it's full potentinal but not completely shit, and will be met with lukewarm reception by the fans. I just don't see how the game could be truly open-world while still trying to convey a focused story. That said we still have no information on the game and it probably won't be released till a few months after Musou stars.

Fuck him, Masanori's hurting the most. I love that loudmouthed bastard. ;_;

>Musou stars.

That reminds me

>Maria Rose and Honkers added

Im not surprised. Im annoyed beyond all measure but Im not surprised.

At least I have Rio

Why is she even in the game? Does she have anything with KT?

Part of Tecmo's Super Blackjack games.

Tecmo makes Super Black Jack she even was in the DOAX game for PSP

maybe giant chinese tiddies will revitalize the thread

>Maria Rose and Honkers added

>Im not surprised. Im annoyed beyond all measure but Im not surprised.

Same, they've forced the toddler pedobait shitters non stop for pedbucks and it's gotten way out of hand and beyond simply annoying now because they're now forcing them as the new MC face of DOA as a whole when it's a desperate cash grab. They've forever ruined DOA with this shit.

the sad part is I used to defend them for their gameplay and it being largely harmless fun. now it's just creepy.

I consider them to be the breakout characters for the series. Honkey having the largest tits apparently and Marie being the anti-thesis of the entire series. Of course they were gonna push them, just like they shove Yuanji and Sanada in everything. It's amazing Zhao Yun didn't get sidelined.

That's because Zhao Yun is the face of Dynasty Warriors. Of course he's got the limelight.

Did you just compare Yukimura "I was a popular and influential historical figure for centuries" Sanda to pedobait and moeblob #78456-C Because fuck you. Seriously, commit sepukku.

Yukimura is here for a reason. Those two, things are the lowest common denominator otaku trash

I must agree. No matter how you look at it, Literally Legendary Figures > Pedobait and Moeblobs.

YUKIMURA

>filename is yukimura_sanda
Anyway, I wish that the upcoming Sanadamaru has writing as good as the anime second half. Most of SW4's stories are pretty disappointing to me.

My familiarity with the sengoku isn't quite that of ROTK but man I was not expecting that much sad sackery

>Page 10
Liao Hua in DW fucking never

look at this dude

they took a shit character and made him the best in the series, why can't they do this for everyone else?

Yukimura has never been shit, he's bland at worst, not shit. There are a lot shittier characters than him in the series, like Mitsunari for example.

Well, some would argue that bland is far worse than just being unlikable. Even a negative emotion is a sign that the audience cares, but apathy is the worst possible result.

To each his own, I guess. But then you get characters like Mitsunari, who is so shit that he himself admit his shittiness, and yet he still has characters that flock over to him. I consider those kinds of characters to be worse than the bland ones.

True enough. I haven't actually had the chance to play a Samurai Warriors game yet, so I'll refrain from any serious judgments therein until that day comes, but if what you say is true then I must agree; Being shit is one thing, being a POPULAR shit is another.

Why do you call Mitsunari shit?

Okay then, I'll share a little of my opinion then. Musou games have always has bad characterization, mostly due to the size of the roster, but SW suffers from it a lot more than DW for some reason.

Mitsunari is supposed to be a genius with a personality so blunt that that it earns him animosity from others, but the game fails to show off his genius, instead everytime he's on screen, he constantly fuck up and has to be bailed out by others characters, he himself lament about this during the seige of Odawara. And about his personality, his bluntness sometimes comes off as genuine mockery, yet other characters just shrug and be like "Oh, that's just Mitsunari being a tsundere".

And god forbid mentioning Kanetsugu, who's basically Ma Chao on steroid.

Nobunaga's Ambition is one of the best strategies I've ever played, holy shit. I conquered, like, 1/4th of Japan, but those guys, Hojo, are ridiculously powerful. They keep rolling out 10-15 thousand armies, and my maximum is only 8k. What should I do?

Make a marriage alliance with them, and go around conquer the rest of Japan until you're at least 2 times more powerful than them. No, seriously, the Hojo's land gives them massive advantage in both economy and man power compared to any other clans in the game. Don't go challenge them too soon, unless you're very confident in doing Kessen with them.

You don't, by this time the game grounds to a halt as neither of you will ever be capable of putting more than a dent into your defenses, unless you somehow manage to create a massive coalition of minors to the west while gathering a million supplies in the border castles that will be able to feed the armies you're going to amass from your whole territory.

Knowing how to efficiently play in the battles is good too, since you can use this to punch through the frontline in one place and use the opening to mass siege their castles while their main armies are still tied up with the rest of your forces.

Goddamn Hyrulians, stealing all our Rice and Gold...

SB characterization is better than SW characterization for every single character prove me wrong

>OYAKATA-SAMA
>YUKIMURA
>OYAKATA-SAMA
>YUKIMURA
Yeah, so much better.

yeah it really is

Accept the Goddess as your savior and all will be well.

i think they're just hylians

Maybe I was wrong to use them as a comparison. But for me, I don't tend to care for characters that the game or the devs want you to like. said it best. He's bland and doesn't really stand out to me too much. Going back to my point, the characters that are shoved in your face constantly over half of the time, are not likeable or are boring compared to the supporting cast. I can give a musou-related example, pic related. She gets more weapons than almost all the cast save for Link and DLC Zelda, she's the focus of the entire game with Link reminding you it's a Zelda title and until Legends, her wearing the Skull Kid costume pissed me off. We could have gotten him with the Majora pack. But then Linkle came along and managed to make her tolerable. Ironically, I like Lana better when she's Xiaoqiao and limited to non-story stages. Basically, I'm a fan of the less popular characters. Seems a bit hipsterish, but I like some flavor here and there.

I'm still ankle deep in SW, so maybe my opinion will change on Sanada, but so far, I'm not interested in him, and I'm damn sure not a Mitsunari fan. If I could, I'd swap him out for Masanori or anyone else.

>Knowing how to efficiently play in the battles is good too
About that, is there a point in manually controlling battles, or the auto-resolve is fine? Generally, I lose more men in the manual mode, but maybe I'm just retarded?

I sorta agree that it's better to just auto-resolve. Only time I actually control battles is if it's a mass battle with over 40k troops involved or I need the battle to end quickly (controlling battles on the field usually ends faster game-time wise than auto-resolve)

The only clue that I found is that the AI is pretty easy to bait, so sacrificing one fast unit (preferably ally or tribal) to lure them into a musketeer crossfire with cavalry making a large detour and hitting them in their backs.

>10

Damn, beat me to it.

Why there's still no RotK game with Dynasty Warriors-style battels? DW Empires' economic system is too basic.

>Sun Jian died early
>Sun Ce died early
>Zhou Yu died early
>Lu Su died early(?)
>Lu Meng died early
ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR. Why do bullies like Liu Bei get to live a long life but Wu lads die young???

Wu niggas live a rugged life.

>Zhang Liao dies from an arrow to the groin
Talk about unfair

I can agree.

I think 9 times out of 10, the problem is that the devs try so hard to make one character POPULAR, but wind up not giving them any real character out side of the dev's checklist of "Reasons we want you to like this character", while other, side characters get actual, y'know, characterization.

They're so busy making someone popular that they forget to make them interesting, and all that left over interestingness goes into side characters, so we naturally gravitate more towards them.

On further inspection, it seems that Wei is actually sorta fucked. While Wei has lodes of soldiers, a lot of their officers are either sick and dying or already ded. While the all-stars like Yu Jin, Cao Ren, and Xiahou Dun are still alive many of the competent but lesser know officers have died. Even worse is that Wu still has Zhou Yu and Lu Su who refuse to die and have been successfully destroying Wei skrimishing forces with ease. After pestering Cao Cao for quite a while, I've been put in charge of about 90k men to finish off the Yuan state up north.

Sometimes I'm convinced it's intentional.
They want to make someone the audience can identify with and self-insert as, and they figure this will work instead of a personality.

After taking Gangling, I've decided to try and bait Yuan Shuan's forces into pincering my main force. My plan is to have secondary armies capture the undefended commadaries cut off the enemy forces while I hold them off at the village of Guangchang for as long as possible. Hopefully the eastern forces can pincer 110k enemy forces from behind but if they can't then the center forces can just retreat.

With victory at the battle of Guangchang Yuan resisentce is now negligable and secondary forces are sweeping across the northern plains to capture the remaining commanderies. Drunk off victory, Cao Cao launches a 140k attack on Wu even against my advice. Lu Su, Taishi Ci, and Zhou Yu are all present and combined form about a 120k force, but Wei's only compenent commanders in the attack are Sima Yi and Cao Ren who are lagging behind. I really don't think the attack is going to go well and it just invites Shu to be a dick and take some castles.

This is gonna be Hefei all over again?

If only Guo Jia were here...

I guess those headaches are taking their toll.

as expected, it was a crushing defeat for Wei. With the defeat at Shouchun the other warlords have become emboldened and united against Cao Cao. We are in a state of total war, and yet msot councilors want a strong domestic policy so I had to engage in a heated debate so we don't fall behind militarily. Not pictured is another 130 marching to Xiapai. Wei is in a bad spot

Perhaps now would be a good time to go green and try for an underdog win?

Sun Quan the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=LJms1CGHjn8

why is sun quan a cute anime girl

Cause why not?

And that's Luo Tianyi, a Chinese vocaloid.

The coalition has taken 3 cities so far, and is currently launching a 5-pronged attack with the aim of taking the emperor in Xuchang, or at least surrounding the city from the west east and south. I personally am leading the defense of Xuchang and sent out proposals to at least defend the cities attacked by Wu in the east. Luoyang, the target of the brown dudes from the west, have gates defending them which I hope slows down the enemy advance enough to mobilize a force from above the yellow river

>38
What is that and why is it even trying.

the dark green is Liu Bei and friends. it says 38 because Liu Bei took all troops out of the city to attack Cao Cao. combined with the 32k in Runan Liu Bei has about 80k men to his name.

The defense of Luoyang was a complete success thanks to Sima Yi, so much that the forces tasked to defend it can go on the counter-offensive against the imbeciles to the west. Xuchang is in a deadlock with more and more troops pouring in on both sides. Langyae and Qiao are now safe but Taishi Ci is trying to force a breakthrough at Xiapai but is being held off by Zhange Liao

In good news, the north has been compeltely subjugated and many officers that had served under Yuan Shao/Shang have started in integrate and join Wei. The front has stabilized with all 5 cities being held for now but Wu is gathering forces around Shouchun to prepare for another assault. I have to end it here for today as I just received an email saying that I have outstanding fees that will result in me getting dropped from classes for spring semester.

Hows dynasty warriors online? There was discussion about it last thread about playing the JP version since English servers got shut down.

No clue, but it's available to download on the PS4 store. I think the PC version is still playable in JP too.

>/eagg/ blindly fumbiling through a japanese only mmo

Sounds like fun.

Its not like the gameplay would be complex or difficult. Just mash square and occasionally triangle. Since /eagg/ is a Wei general we would all join the same kingdom and fight/help each other out in english.

>/eagg/
>join wei

user.......

Now, now. You can join another faction, don't you worry. Just get ready to be attacked with extreme prejudice.

>Maybe I was wrong to use them as a comparison. But for me, I don't tend to care for characters that the game or the devs want you to like.

Well I generally agree too, but that's really the whole annoying point. There are a lot cooler DOA fighters out there and yet the game has ostensibly become the Maria and Honk show. Hell the game hasn't even revealed there stories yet as far as I know. And this goes ditto for NyoTengu whose existence raises all kinds of questions but "MUH ARA ARA" fags

These characters are being horned in left in right and even series originals Lei Fang and Tina got benched for X3? That's BS.

And Ill be blunt, a lot of the old characters aren't immune to this either. I cannot stand Kasumi. Her whole role in the story is basically to be the special snow flake princess who exists to make sad doe eyes everywhere and have the whole cast tell her how great she is except Ayane who gets yelled out for doing her job.

I see where you're coming from. And I cannot stand the Mary Sue archtype. Does she have any flaws or is she just that perfect?

Is it me or is the pike in DW8 really good? on switch you become ridiculously fast and do extra damage from your phantom for like a solid 5 seconds and can easily kill an enemy officer in a single combo.

>Pike
meant halberd

>Does she have any flaws or is she just that perfect?

if she does they're in the endearing way. "OH you ran off from our clan, you're not impulsive and reckless you're strong and brave"

Is DOA's story worth getting into? I quite enjoyed what 5 had to offer. What's the order for games story wise?

>>shit character

Somebody never got the true ending in SW1. I'll agree he was mediocre in 2 and 3 though.

Not really. Even as far as fighting games go it's retarded and Im someone who loves fighting game story modes.

It jumps around way to much to things that are frankly irrelivent and it's full of those weird..how to describe it..anime motions.

>anime motions
I don't mean this as an insult, but are you new here?

Look I really don't know how else to put it. The characters just act weird and nonsensical. Not even cartoony.

I will never understand retard moe