Vids:

>AE86 meet
youtube.com/watch?v=TY8ctFTLU2Q

>Toyota compilation
youtube.com/watch?v=jm_kiRijfNo&

>SC/Soarer Compilation
youtube.com/watch?v=YHqEs-wputY

>500hp JZX100 review by Fatt Marah
Bump the thread if you see it at page 8.

>MR2 Snap oversteer
youtube.com/watch?v=vnhiFucXoVk

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

zeemaps.com/map?group=2352609
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5877472982.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related

Gotta fix the link for zeemaps next time
zeemaps.com/map?group=2352609

Anyone can add themselves yeah?

As long as you own a Toyota/Lexus/Scion/Daihatsu

>tfw on the map now

Hello

Hi

why's it called a "montage" in Veeky Forums and a "collage" in /hg/ ?

I guess it's time I add my stuff to the montage.

1995 4runner SR5

Proof via some of my autismo stickers

Just to switch things up lol. Not much to it.

Thanks for contributing user

bump

anyone know anything about shimming clutch based toyota LSDs? is welding an option?

how's it going

How do you like your MR2? I'm considering buying an SW20 for my next car, coming off of a MK4 GLi, but I have no idea what the aftermarket, reliability, etc etc look like.

I like it, it fits my difficult personality.
The aftermarket has a swarm of extremely dedicated fans and will surprise you since there's lots of specialty shops specifically for this car. It's a very niche car so anyone who knows this car knows it very well and you'll figure that out after joining forums like MR2OC. Online repair guides are very easy to find and are usually written amazingly, as far as reliability goes.... it's as reliable as a turbo 90's car can get from the likes of Toyota. It's not difficult to work on at all, the worst you'll have to do is bend over to get in the engine bay (depending on how tall you are). The cargo space is plentiful, it'll surprise you once again with the frunk, rear trunk that's ironically bigger than a miata's, and big enough space behind the seats to fit nigga subs. The cockpit, arm rest and shifter are definitely something to write home about and you'll find plenty of modern commodities for an early 90's car like power windows, electric mirrors, and power locks.

TL;DR
VRROOOOOOM...PSSHHHEEWWWWWW right behind your ear. what more could you ask for?

What about an NA model?
They go for around 5 grand, are they worth it?

Anybody know where I can pick up a supra fog light? Or should I just replace it with some eBay/Wal-Mart aux lights?
I came outside one day and the lens was just gone.

Hello Friends

If you have patience then yes I would say the NA is a good car.
It begs to have its suspension upgraded and the engine is fun despite being a literal Camry motor. Driving the NA makes you appreciate driving and will teach you to handle an MR car more carefully. You can beat on it as much as you want since you're probably planning on a turbo swap anyways (like every NA owner).

basically, the NA is a really good experience but the turbo is a better car out of the box. For sometimes 1-3k more do you think the NA is worth it still? I mean that's around the price of the swap and everything so that's something to consider in comparison.

what're your priorities and what do you ask of the car?

>for sometimes 1-3k more
I meant to say that much more for a stock turbo model, whoops

I personally love my NA to death, and it was only 3k when I found it.
Having never driven a turbo, I do have to say that the NA isn't a slouch and is right on the money. My NA is still running strong at 180k miles and I'll probably v6 swap it when the little 5sfe dies.

Old pic, but still one of my favorite.

do you know if those silver stripes on the tail lights are hand-painted or vinyl wrap strips?

It's vinyl pinstripe tape i got at advanced auto lmao

Pretty æsthetic, don't really like the stickers and tow hook though

I have more stickers on it at the moment actually

NAs are around 5-6 grand and turbos are around 9 grand here. I want it as a fun canyon carver. I was thinking of a v6 swap down the road.

the NA then is definitely what you're looking for then
>canyon Carver
>planning on swapping anyways
>cost of swap and car potentially less than stock turbo car and is wayyyyy better in performance. The experience and learning curve is also worth it

>that rear offset
iktf bro
tfw so poor that I had to downgrade to 15's non staggered when my TSW's in broke
(bonus points for only being able to afford $20 stereo kek)

Also when are you getting them clear corners and fog lights my man

I used to like stickers but I grew out off them. To each their own.

what're you lowered on nigga?
looks good. I remember your shit looking like a 4x4 off roading monster

>tow hook

>Also when are you getting them clear corners and fog lights my man

hopefully soon, would love some kouki tail lights as well. How involved is it to put foglights on an Na? or do you just swap the whole bumper?

Kek
Cheap eBay shit and KYB shocks.
$199 everything shipped for free. Handles better than my lowered EG sedan and I didn't even fix my front sway bar yet. Zero body roll.

Too bad a 30 year old coolant hose blew the day it was lowered and I can't work on it since it's too fucking cold. My bro can't take it to his work since it'll over heat.

Tow strap /hook same thing

*$299
Here it was before. Lowered it yesterday btw

look closer inside the bumper, I believe there's already screw holes where the fogs mount. the suckish part is having to cut that bar in the mouth of the bumper but at least there's mounts :DDD
wiring is also very easy since it'll go straight into the hole where the pedal is

sounds simple enough, thanks friend

So I'm looking at getting a new (used) car. Should I get a corolla for full dependability or get a newer (gen 3) mazda 3 instead?

My family has both and honestly the Mazda 3 is a way better car for the money with better styling, more "luxury" options for cheap, and a much better interior. also why gen 3 in particular? I'd get a Mazdaspeed 3 of any gen if you've got that kind of budget

Looks like a bloated fish

>also why gen 3 in particular? I'd get a Mazdaspeed 3 of any gen if you've got that kind of budget
I've heard that the 2.3L engine can have some issues and I like the efficiency of the skyactiv engine.

Also because I have 2 kids and while they'll mostly be in the other car, having a larger back seat would be nice. Oh, and I'm a pleb and the push to start engine looks nice.

just get something older and do cool things to it for the same price

I have the newer gen Mazda 3 and 6. You can get either fully loaded from 2014 for about $16,000...highly recommend. I test drove all the competition and only the accord came close to the 6, but exterior and interior styling are sure I got a 6.

Just don't get the cloth seats, they wear pretty easily

Good to hear. Looking at a 2014 i Grand Touring for a little under $15k.

Haven't been looking at the 6 very much, would you recommend keeping an eye out for one of those too/instead? Going to sometimes need to put 2 car seats in the back.

I absolutely loved my 1990 Turbo, The next car I plan to buy is a Celica GT4 but after that I'm gonna start looking for a 93+ MR2 Turbo (for the better transmission and LSD

Looks good af M8.

I think I'm gonna go for spacers and a bigger wheel to keep my TEMS. I can't give up the novelty.
My buddy had it on his SC and it looked good.

Mazda 3 is a compact while the 6 is a mid size I believe.
think of it as 3:corolla as 6:camry

If I buy aftermarket TEMS compatible system it'll still work. All the cables are still hooked up, only the spring assembly (including the small module that adjusts the stiffness) came out. In the future I plan on getting wider wheels or at least less off set.

Are there any other TEMS compatible shocks than the tokicos? They're crazy expensive.

Not that I know of. That's why I went with the static KYB shocks

It's probably for the best honestly. I think mine were replaced at some point by the previous owner. My last car was a shitbox missile so I really take pride in responding with yes when people ask me if stuff works now.

Bump

Tfw just about to pull the trigger on some Megan coilovers when I start to get a light clunking sound and some minor vibrations in the steering wheel today.. I guess the control arms come first then.

You can't find any at eBay? You can use aux lights if you really want them.
>not taking them off for weight reduction

That looks comfy

At least it runs :/

Are these AE92 Corollas good cars? I want the Trueno look and Toyota reliability for an everyday FF shitbox and it seems right up my alley.

5sfe low end torque is fun and all, but I'm slowly starting to realize the lack of potential. I need an mr2.

Best yota

>tfw feel my 7mgte lacks power
I think I'll be happy with 300whp desu

Best yota

I don't think it's a 5sfe problem, I think it's a fwd Celica problem.
t. 5sfe sw20 driver

5S-FE powered MR2s are some of slowest vehicles produced in the 90s, let alone slowest sports cars, they're dog shit. Barely even rev.

thanks for sharing your useless opinion

tis a sad day today

goodnight sweet lords

2nd gen T4R/Surf bros represent

White 4runner here. Enjoying my Jap truck disguised as a small SUV.

Anything I should look into mod/maintenance recommendation wise?

In a first gen MR2

Blacktop 20v or Supercharger?

Had one. I enjoyed it, despite the FWD. Cheap to get too if seller doesn't know what they have.

>tfw your interior is not made by a Takumi master craftsmen

just kill me, senpai.

Supercharged 20v

performance wise it will be sluggish if it has the 3.0. also watch out for the headgaskets and overheating. be punctual with oil changes; these old girls are thirsty

What happened?

Sc

Looks good for being made by happy technology

Just got my tC delivered. First yota, gonna try and join the montage after I clean it a bit
>muh 2 door camry

Nice

Always liked the cluster, just feels cozy. Grats

sup fags

ayy senpai

20v engines dont handle boost well compared to the gze

Can't drive my yota till spring:/

Bump

Sexy

Cozy

That looks comfy af

tfw cant drive my car until springtime because of the snow

this is true hell

Thanks for adding my compilation videos!

I will post my SC400 soon in a few days and then yall can add me in the Veeky Forums poster

Opinions on working on 1st gen Celicas with a bit of rust?

What's involved labour and cost wise?

Asking before I go look at a blue 72 ta22 with 2tg.

Got it out of the shop a month ago, and got rearended again today

Why?

>tfw iktfb

No prob

Depends how much rust there is and how you fix it. It can cost tens/hundreds to thousands of dollars.

Show us in the day time. Black car in the night is hard to see.

Yeah, planning on it.

>tfw anxiously waiting all night for the police report to get emailed to you so you can start the insurance process

Should i get it Veeky Forums?
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5877472982.html

7/10