/domg/ - Dominions General

Diplomacy Edition

Previous thread Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuklearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Remove Ghosts First

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jNQgOwI-Q_NE9KYkNNVzBxanc/view
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=DontStaleDesuSenpai
strawpoll.me/12021145
i.imgur.com/O6vu4Ty.png
i.imgur.com/XjIyRES.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for EA Ermor, the one and only righteous nation.

Debug mod link in OP is for the desura archive which is dead. Should be drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jNQgOwI-Q_NE9KYkNNVzBxanc/view

Also first for Ichtyid Blood Slaves or whatever.

Thanks dude. If I make the next OP, I'll fix it

Oh, we need to fix Desura links in the pastebin too

"DontStaleDesuSenpai" Admin can we update the game to Summod 0.74?

-Ulm

not admin but I would prefer to not

>tfw your insane scout attacks a province that was undefended
I'm s-sorry R'lyeh, it was all his fault. I'm moving him back and will not be allowed any dessert as punishment.

Why? I'm pretty new to the game but I see most people use the mod so I had to install it. Although I don't keep up with the changelog.

>he doesn't like bugfixes

Maybe he's worried about another major bug?

Summod 0.72 is bug-free (as far as I know), summod 0.74 is new.

bumpu

>fixes
>A8 recruitable mages
>undead horde spamming monkeys
>summod fixes more than it breaks

Sorry for the Late start, I had some RL bullshit going on. here are the pretender names for this game

>no Ermor
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's gonna be great

2017 is going to be fucking great

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=DontStaleDesuSenpai

JUST ONE MORE PERSON NEEDED, EA NOOB GAME

GET IN HERE NIGGERS

What if I am a noob at heart but not in hours played?

just do it senpai i want my fukken turns

>>

i done did it

So the latest version apparently improve some wish effects, does anyone know the details? Actually, is there an up-to-date list of available wishes and their precise effects somewhere?

give me a few minutes and I'll join

Playing N2B9 Fort3Mag3 Jotunheim for the first time and spamming sacred summoning and crossbreeding is a lot of fun.

Crossbreeding is ocassionally useful as jotunheim since you can deploy some fairly cancerous strats that involve filling the battlefield with skeletons (powered by skratti batteries), then casting darkness/foul vapors/grip of winter/quagmire/howl and all that fun stuff, which will likely kill everything on the battlefield that isn't your mage line. No need to waste money on actual troops, in that case, unless you're facing fliers.

what is the best nation for dedication to crossbreeding?

Abysia with summod that gave 100 crossbreeds instead of 10.

Eh, in vanilla probably Jotunheim since it happens to have a lot of N/B mages lying around and a capacity for a decent blood economy. There's better things to spend blood slaves on than crossbreeding, though, unless you really need lots of shitty chaff immediately.

okay sent

yeah I know it's not optimal; but I'm having fun

DontStaleDesuSenpai started! Here's the pretenders

I bet you 100$ that Malakal joined it just to kick some newbies and brag about it.

>Kubrick is a hack
Wat? Is that a Monolith pretender or something?

exactly right

>capital circle literally surrounded by wasteland

FUCK

>took sloth 3
>cap circle is mountains and forests
brb painting face with blood

Heh... kiddo...

>forgot Oceania gets +1 order anywhere that's not coast

well guess they call it a noob game for a reason

Forgot to tell the scout how to act in battle lyl

oi: order or turmoil for ea pangea'

turmoil or neutral; never order

whats a fun strat for a person who is not exactly new to this game but not a genius either?

maenad spawns on panii vary greatly based on turmoil and I think province population is also a factor
at neutral order you're gonna get 1-4 maenads a turn per pan
at positive order you're probably not gonna get any
at 3 turmoil I usually get about 13 and have gotten 20 in the past

unrest doesn't contribute to this but I do notice I get more in high pop provinces than low

maenads are terrible fighters but have excellent morale compared to the majority (and possibly all) non-undead chaff and really only flee at the 75% of units dead mark in battles

see Jotun blood is good fun

let me see that freak sempai

there's probably a much better setup to use but this was mine

put a decent amount of money into labs in forest provinces for vaetti hag researchers; they're cheap enough that their pathetic research count isnt an issue and it's 500 gold + 40 per to recruit them

also do lots of death and nature searching; the unique conjuration sacreds are spammable enough to make good use of the B9 bless

>no G3 with a blood setup

Recommend order over turmoil. With foreign recruit out of all your forests, your labrats being rather expensive, and your panii being not sacred you can reliably use every piece of gold a turn on something.

You will quickly reach a point where the amount of maenads you have is just absurd and only useful as siege trash, and that 30% gold swing from O3 to T3 is a huge hit, even with your bomb expansion.

ran out of points
Fortune 3 Magic 3 Dormant is important to a crossbreeder

it was tempting to take imprisoned for it but it's 24 less crossbreeding turns

Ok I guess by popular demand we'll use summod.

Now about the map...this has been put forward. Thing is, if anyone intends to be a water nation they're clearly fucked. I do want something more than the rather bland RNG maps though for an RP game. Thoughts?

G3 is absolutely important to a blood nation to substain your blood hunting

What about Magic Enhanced? I think it'd add a lot to the experience.

I do like the map, but that's probably because I was the one who recommended it. I'm fine with any nice-looking map, bonus points if it has cave networks.

>clustered terrain
It's shit.

>What about Magic Enhanced? I think it'd add a lot to the experience.
It looks really unbalanced and apparently historically interacts very poorly with summod leading to hilarity, judging by some previous posts I've gone through. It's not like the game doesn't have an assload of spells already.

Open to other suggestions.

Oh and it will be an EA game with 10-15 players judging by the polls.

what are current active communities aside /domg/?

Here, I'll tell you. Come closer...
NONE! HAHAHAHAHA!

please no summod

name a single argument against sum1mod outside "I just dont' like mods"

I do like mods, I just dont like summod
Not that there is anything wrong with it, I just dont agree with the changes

please yes summod

Then you're a fool.

bugs

Please argue this out for my benefit.

bugs can be hotfixed by llama ingame, there are also stable versions available
not an argument

I went with neutral. I haven't played pangea so i'm playing safe.

did you make it? I like it.

>bugs can be hotfixed by llama ingame
I don't like the sound of this.

>did you make it? I like it.
No, someone posted it here as a recommendation. I have 0 artistic skills.

I'd rather have Magic Enhanced over Summod.

if you are worried about bugs use version .72 which is a stable version with no bugs

And I'd rather have vanilla. Unfortunately I'm running this as a tyranny by majority so neither of us are probably going to get what we want.

Is .72 an older version then?

no one says you have to use sum1mod or ME or this map, you the host have absolute power, you just have to accept some players will or won't join based on what you decide, you're better off just picking what you want and attracting the apporiate players as it seems your mind was made up before any arguements were actually made

I've personally never experienced much imbalance with Magic Enhanced. But hey, you're the one running it.

Unless we're autistic enough to play a modded and unmodded RP game.

>no one says you have to use sum1mod or ME or this map, you the host have absolute power,
And I choose to do it by popular accord. I might just grumble a bit first.

.72 is the previous version. .73 came out a few days ago and .74 came out a couple days ago that was a bug fix.

vote

strawpoll.me/12021145
strawpoll.me/12021145
strawpoll.me/12021145

We're almost done. Make this decision then I'll go through some maps for you guys to choose and then we're ready to start.

Don't those two mods fuck each other up?

there is a very old version of sum1mod that works with ME, honestly having both at once is just not a good idea

If the People decide on too much of a clusterfuck I'll just host the game without actually being a player in it.

.72 is compatible with ME, and it's not that old.

I forgot .72 worked with ME, nevermind then

i.imgur.com/O6vu4Ty.png
what is that?
I click and it crashes the game

~not actual game, just a test run~

Nice try with that earthquake trap motherfucker

It's supposed to be a spell that lets you get multiple units of FIsh amulets, the unit exists just to achieve that end. Do you actually get the amulets?

nope.
i.imgur.com/XjIyRES.png

I never cast a spell that turn. It was a random event

Thoughts on how to equip and script a Onyx Oracle Hero(w1/e3/h3 MA Agartha Hero with n9 bless) to fight and either kill/cripple low equipment Harbinger Angels that are raiding into my dominion? I'm concerned with the Angel's 20 Invulnerability will block out most of the Oracle's damage letting the angel retreat before it can be killed.

My initial idea is to use vineshield+fire brand to entangle and aoe swing at it with 5~ Mercuries swinging to peck damage and chew down defence skill. With this set up I'm worried that the angel wouldn't be killed(lots of small damage/nothing that lands a large damaging hit within 1 round) and have the chance to fly off to fight another day when reduced to low hp.

I think I saw what happened, the unit that exists to give the items is in the pool of random monster attacks for some reason. are you able to do your test game turn np with no crash if you don't open the battle?

it only crashes when the game has to load the monster, otherwise the turn can be made normally

Why are you using imgur instead of attaching images to your posts?

You should probably go ahead and attach a sprite to Limne now so this doesn't happen as often.

it should be fine to ignore for now then, I'll let sum1won know when he gets online if he doesn't already know, it's safe to ignore this battle though

because I am lazy, my screenshot program makes it easier for me, I just click 3 buttons and voilá, sorry for the hassle tho, maybe someday 4chin will embed imgur?

It was a SP test, I posted this issue because I am not familiar with github, if it does happen in the actual game, I will report again but I will do my turn normally, unless you decide we will get a bugfix and reroll

>maybe someday 4chin will embed imgur?
dumb redditposter

>maybe someday 4chin will embed imgur?
Surely you mean, maybe someday your screenshot program will allow custom image upload hooks, so you can post directly using the Veeky Forums API?

You can just put any magic weapon on the onyx oracle and it'll ignore the invulnerability. Harbingers are magic beings, so you can put an elf bane on the oracle and that gets you a save or die MR check, or a sword of swiftness for more attacks (I'm assuming you're casting quicken self on the oracle so you'll probably have a decent chance of getting through the harbingers defense depending on what items it has). If you just want to cripple it, eyecatchers are good since there's no MR save attached to the eye loss effect.

I haven't seen anyone post the pretenders for StandardEA, so I'm going to do it.

can someone please point me to resources about interactions between undying and second shapes?

Do your turns.

SA, steam, dom4mods, clockwork. Some others, too.