/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Hunter of Hunters Edition

Discovered the Chime of a Beckoning Bell >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/5e1sot/completionist_guide/
youtu.be/OTVIwjE7upI?t=3m17s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WET NURSE IS EILEEN
EILEEN IS WET NURSE

>Make this post a minute before
>stays at 100% for an entire minute
>post shows up
>cancel my post
>posts anyway
Fuck everyone

Stake Driver

Are drops in a dungeon with a specific seed guaranteed?
Say, someone found a perfect gem in a dungeon. Can anyone just enter the seed and grab one for themselves?

Runes, weapons, blood echoes and that sort of stuff is guaranteed. Gems dropping from enemies and chests have some rng, but it will be the same drop tables for everyone who uses that dungeon.

Also, how do root chalices work?
The layout is randomized on creation or on every death?
Do bosses/chests respawn? Or do you have to remove the chalice and remake the dungeon again after you clear it once? Does it still cost materials?

Root chalices are the actual randomly generated ones. Once you create one it's assigned a glyph - a series of numbers and letters that identify it.

Once initially created it doesn't change. You can share the glyph (after making it an open dungeon, by pressing square in its menu) and other people can access it.

Once you've made one of a type of chalice, you can access all glyphs the same depth and rite as the one you've created without using materials.

For example if you create a depth 4 pthumeru chalice with the cursed rite, you could search all pthumeru depth 4 chalices and cursed depth 4 pthumeru chalices, PROVIDED you hold in your inventory the depth 4 pthumeru root chalice. By extension, you could search for cursed depth 4 Loran dungeons if you get the depth 4 Loran root chalice

I'm probably explaining this really badly, check the OP for a proper explanation.

Randomized on creation. Bosses and chests respawn if you recreate the chalice using its glyph. Chalices don't cost materials if you search for them, only if you create an original chalice.

Anyone got the specifics for what abhorrent beadt can drop?

It drops bolt gems, up to abyssal, with a doubled secondary.

is there any 100% complete guide?

I have finished game once and now wanna do every sidequest and explore every nook and cranny

reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/5e1sot/completionist_guide/

>mfw keeper of the old lords

What exactly is the trigger for HoH invasions?

Bolt Gems with a slightly lowered primary effect for its rating (Max 22% instead of usual 24% from Loran Darkbeast) but has a more than doubled secondary effect, you can get up to 33 flat bolt, instead of the usual 15. You can also get ATK VS Beasts Up, Kin Up, rapid/slow poison, flat fire and healing. But the only one actually worth a damn is Flat Bolt since the primary effect is always Bolt %. Kin up secondary is probably better if you want a dedicated Kin Hunting weapon.

Abhorrent Beast is basically a dungeon madman who only drops bolt gems. You can get rating 18 versions of his gems in Fire/Bolt/Phys/Poison/Beast/Kin etc... with also very large secondary effects. For dedicated Beast killing weapons in pretty sure these are the beast, either 21% Phys or Fire with like 12% ATK up VS beasts. Ever so slightly better than ultra rare Watcher 32.6% Beast hunter gems.

Anyone up for Defiled Keeper of the Lords?

Ringing by boss fog, pass is bbg

nvm got it

I'm farming shotgun watcher. I know eyes runes don't change the quality but do they affect the drop rate of gems for mobs?

lost or normal moonlight sword on an arcane build?

>search for something bloodborne related
>r/bloodborne first result

there's some good info there, dumb frogposter

LOL?

Yes, more discovery seems to inverse the frequency of drop quality. So you'll get gems often and fewer vials/bullets.

I remember someone tested it 100s of times at base discovery and max on a Brainsucker and concluded you were 3x (or something) more likely to get a gem than bullets at max discovery. But sadly there was no observable effect on gem quality or offshape frequency.

If what you are farming has a chance not to drop. Use all 3 eye runes and milkweed. They are only irrelevant if the thing you want drops 100% of the time. Sadly "gem" counts as an item, and specific stats on that gem are an entirely different RNG hellhole.

Just saw someone bow and suck his own cock before a duel. I love this community!

Celestial Emmisionary, Rom and Pthunerian Elder/Descendant (on layer 3) drop Arcane, Nourishing and Cold gems respectfully with lowered primary effect in exchange for having a tertiary effect. In cursed dungeons this isn't possible, so instead of a third positive effect the curse is reduced in strength.

An odd thing is, that since Elder/Descendant's (layer 3 only) Cursed Cold gems were buffed, the lowered primary effect doesn't apply. So Cursed Cold Abyysals are still 65 scaling, but the curse is reduced. Meaning you can get -4hp per second which is fully counterable with a Pulsing gem in your gun.

can anyone help with defiled hotdog? pass is eyes, ringing at boss fog

>struggling on a ng+7 boss
>equip guidance
>equip hunter axe +10 with autismgems
>drink lead elixir
>win

I cant but stay out of range of his bites at hit him in the dome for the entire fight. Takes forever compared to doing it the MLG way but it works

>drinking lead elixir
>not drinking lake water from roms lake

>Struggling on a NG7 boss
>Equip all three clawmark runes with 50skl
>win

>struggling on ng+7 boss
>equip all moon runes
>grind to level 544
>win

> go to reddit
> someone's asking for build recommendations for a second character after doing quality the first time
> some guy says don't do BLT because the weapons are all endgame
> Procedes to recommend a SKL/ARC build utilising the BoM, Burial Blade and Rakuyo

I honestly can't tell if he was shitposting or not.

speaking of which, i wonder what would happen if you ate kos parasite or some vermin

well tbf BoM can be got in the first area if you can kill eileen

When I check the wiki on viscerals it says that just smacking them while they're stunned can sometimes do more damage, but on my skl build I'm regularly riposting for 2500 damage without runes.

Is 50skl really that effective compared to base skl?

How much do you pure str guys do on a riposte?

>BoM
>SKL/ARC

Viscerals have S scaling in SKL.

They are also thrust damage, so physical gems and thrust gems boost them, as well as Beasthood. On a STR build you don't get the SKL scaling, but you still get the boost from gems (unless you are using blunt gems). I usually get around 1500-1800 on a visceral on my pure STR guy, if I'm farming Watchers I use thrust gems and Clawmaek runes to hit over 2.5k. That same setup on SKL would give like 4000, you can hit 10k with perfect Poormans gems and maxed Beasthood bar.

On Arcane characters though you lack both SKL and physical gems. So your Viscerals are around 700-800.

Also if you choose not to visceral, but instead do any other source of damage while they are in the staggered state, they take x2 damage. So a charged R2 (if you can pull it off) will do massive damage, but even a regular R2 or transform attacks does lots, and often more than a visceral if you arnt setup for them.

>can walk over water
is rom the bloodborne jesus?

still ringing user?

Does that one beggar who gibes you blood pallets, only transform into a monster if he gets to eat everyone you could have sent to oeden? Because I sent everyone except the whore to the cathedral and everyone's ded and I can't find that beggar anywhere. Shouldn't he be outside of the chapel right now?

If he eats everyone and you just let him he fucks off and presumably finds more people to eat.

You're supposed to be horrified at the realisation he killed them and try to attack him, I don't think he ever transforms unprovoked.

?
arianna isn't a whore

oh didnt notice the /ARC bit

what story boss did you struggle on that everybody said was easy?

which one did you butcher despite being told it was hard?

none i killed every boss in one hit first try no vials

here

Just beat him by trying strong attacks, why the fuck can you stunlock an enemy that big?

I attacked him each time I came back after someone was killed again and nothing happend. Maybe I didn't provoke him enough :(
I couldn't remember her name and the man who lives opposite to her said something like she only wants to sleep with me for my money (if I remember correctly).

the water isnt very deep
yes she is, she even says "But would you even take a whore's blood?"

Gimme a min, will ring again, pw: eyes

he didnt even say her name and you knew who he meant though

Kill yourself, I honestly wish death upon you.

any reason to be this buttmad, user?

>people still thinking the vilebloods are bad
why are executioners so delusional?

He never says that

fuck, ringing again

That's because it is a common misconception.

try to live and thus sleep with a woman without having any money
not saying that being whores is a part of femininity, it's more like a cultural effect

why would anyone think that arianna isnt a whore? she even admits it herself

>what is kidnap and rape

She's a whore but not a sex whore, she's a blood whore. The church does it for free though.

NPC's let you hit them twice before they get pissed off. It's to prevent you ruining you game by setting the controller on your lap and hitting R2 certain Demons Souls NPCs agro'd after one hit. You gotta mean it when you hit him user, lay into him.

She's litterally a prostitute. She doesn't work during nights of the hunts and doesn't facilitate lesbian sex ;_;. That's all we know about her job.

Darkbeasts are puzzle bosses that move fast. Once you can break each leg in sequence it's trivial, but unlike traditional "hit this point to win" bosses like Tower Knight or Adjundecator actually doing it on Paarl can be a pain even if you know what to do. Loran Darkbeast is worse since his breakage thresholds are so much higher.

but she says something like do you really want a whore's blood. thats not whoring out blood thats blood from actual whore

I wonder how often the healing church masterbates with hot pockets.

she's depressed
she has cainhurst blood, thus probably royal one, and she ends up fucking with smelly hunters

Did this nigga just said that?

youtu.be/OTVIwjE7upI?t=3m17s

Yes, a blood whore.

its time to stop posting fuckboy

are you actually this retarded?
i hope to kos that youre just meme'ing and not that stupid

I never said she didn't call herself a whore. I just implied it's not meant to be taken literally.

Why is she called "woman of pleasure" in the guide? Is it because she's a pleasant person?

> She's refered to as a lady of the night.
> says her house is "no place for a lady" if you approach as a female, but assumes you want to have sex with her if you approach as a male.
> tells you she's "off during hunts" and to come back in the morning

She's a regular prostitute, she gives blood because everyone in Yharnam is addicted to the stuff so it makes sense they'd get kinky with it, and her's is also special and gives stamina regen so it probably feels great. She gives them stamina boosting blood vials, then they fuck,

She freaks out when she has a baby.
She's a pure blood whore.

she just enjoys being happy :^)

>NPC let you him them twice
I remember R1ing him until my stamina was gone. Sometimes doing fully charged up R2s. Maybe my memory is fucking with me..
But still thank you. I will most likely do another playthrough, because I want to try out Arc/Str and will remember that you have to hit him many times.

so you are [spiler]trying to meme[/spoiler]. nvm then faggot

Her blood is pleasant.

Nah.

>[spiler]
:)

ty good hunter, want to run the last level too?

Because the "guide" is garbage, and people are addicted to the blood.

A whore is just someone that sells their body. She sells her blood, and that technically makes her a whore. You're implying sexual context that just isn't there.

>do you really want a whores blood
>thinking she isnt a actual sexual whore

i never used to be bothered with luci's posts and dint understand why people were always giving him shit, but now i see :^)

what if she has to spread pleasure with her blood to please oedon?
she's pregant with its child after all

This

All the information in the guide that isn't gameplay was directly given by FromSoftware. This is how we know that the hunter in Byrgenwerth is called Yurie, how we know that the guy in Mensis is called Edgar and that Arianna's title is "woman of pleasure".

>but assumes you want to have sex with her if you approach as a male.
You suppose it's sex, she just gives blood. Everyone is addicted to it in Yharnam so if someone with tasty blood shows up and can't do anything else for a living it would be natural to whore him/herself.

>Everyone is addicted to it in Yharnam
Which is why she shouldn't have a problem with hosting other ladies, but she does.

>but wheres the dad
>tfw its alfred
did you not even read the "do you really want a whores blood?" part?
again, that isnt a blood whore, but an actual whores blood

criminal that this game only got one piece of DLC desu

I also wish there were more people you could save by sending them to the chapel

>not saving yourself by staying in the chapel the whole time and never leaving

Yes, an actual blood whore.

>blood whore
it doesn't look SEXY at all

>I have no more arguments, so I'll just repeat my empty statement
People need to learn when it's time to let go.

She sells her blood when most people are getting their blood from what amount to nuns or saints. There is a social stigma associated with that. There is nothing sexual about it.

Then why is the guide missing info and why did it get some wrong?

underleveled ludwig with beast claws is hard

>Then why is the guide missing info and why did it get some wrong?
Gameplay information comes from people who played the game, canon information comes from people who made the game.

And they still will not filter Cum-Guzzling Lucifer.